• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

A minor setback for The Duff. He'll be HW Champ in 2016.

Nah the dude is a certified tomato can. He's got size and athletic ability and little else, and after this KO he's probably Brendan Schaub status. You can't bring that shit in with the greatest heavyweight of all time and not expect to get put to sleep.

Yaari

Nah the dude is a certified tomato can. He's got size and athletic ability and little else, and after this KO he's probably Brendan Schaub status. You can't bring that shit in with the greatest heavyweight of all time and not expect to get put to sleep.

4cARphN.png

Selfie sticks have entered the sacred octagon

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 29s30 seconds ago

I do believe that's the selfie stick's historic debut inside the Octagon. Fitting way to end this.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I think it's fitting that the first person to use a selfie stick in the octagon is The Frank Mir.

industrian

Mir vs Fedor.

Do it Joe Silva the stars have aligned

Possibly 2 million buys there. Make Werdum vs. Arlovski the main, and also feature JDS vs. Overeem and Cro-cop vs. Todd Duffee. And get Barnett in there somewhere too. And host it in the Saitama Super Arena. I heard Lenne Hardt is looking for work as well...

Possibly 2 million buys there. Make Werdum vs. Arlovski the main, and also feature JDS vs. Overeem and Cro-cop vs. Todd Duffee. And get Barnett in there somewhere too. And host it in the Saitama Super Arena. I heard Lenne Hardt is looking for work as well...
I know you didn't intend to make it hard but this is one sexy idea and it moved.

iddqd

Fat Mir was nearly out twice, hope he retires on this high now.
But who am I kidding, that would be smart.

And that replay of Duff trying to swat Mir like a drunken fly is all you need to see before he joins Bellator.

industrian

Does anyone remember when Duffee was The Next Big Thing at HW? It's amazing what getting KO'd by a chubby police officer, arrogance, jobbing to Overeem, only fighting twice in four years, and a neurological condition can do to you.

Mir was the commentator on WEC and was the best at it.

Oh and Ferguson's footwork in that fight may have been the best I've ever seen. Jesus, that shit was memorizing.

He actually used to do a lot of WEC shows back in the day and aside from his man crush on Miguel Torres he was a lot better than Stann or Florian.

Anik, Stann and Florian are just boring. Joe has such a big edge over all those guys its incomparable. Anik is even boring when hosting press conferences.

Mir is suprisingly good. He should do non PPV's with Goldie. Get rid of dull Anik and use Florian as a replacement.

pixelation

Dang, i was hoping for Duffee to pull through and KO Mir, i can't get behind a guy with hair so horrible that it reminds me of the grey Hulk, i don't like his personality either... but what was that freaking attempt at a punch?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It was on FS1.

Rofl Miguel Angel Torres. I just looked him up to see if he was still alive. He lost to a guy without a wiki page in China 3 weeks ago.

brentech

ALERT ALERT

There's another card in 2 days.

If it wasn't for DVR, I'd probably watch 1 event a month. Last night was the first card I've watched live in a while. I usually just keep them on the DVR and watch while working out on the rower.

VoxPop

Fedor couldn't even draw 100K buys in his biggest fight against Arlovski. I do love the matchup though. Frank 'Pride Always Die' Mir vs. Fedor is destined for a Fight Pass Russia event which may or may not be co-promoted by Reebok, M-1, and Monster Energy Drink.

Top Bottom