• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

A week after Connor Bellator has a fight between a guy named Irish and a guy named Leprechaun? The Leprachaun guy looked like a big Liddell fan they pulled out of the audience.

Doesn't Roy Nelson go into fights without washing his beard or showering or whatever for the same reasoning?
I have a feeling that would be happening even if he wasn't fighting.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm going to stay up to 2am to watch a card headlined by Bisping vs Leites...What is wrong with me?

It could be worse.

If I were at home, I'd be buying a ticket for a card headlined by Bisping vs. Leites.

Fortunately I'm in Australia so whatever. I just hope JoJo doesn't choke against this can they've brought in for her to crush.

Guru-Guru

Banned
It could be worse.

If I were at home, I'd be buying a ticket for a card headlined by Bisping vs. Leites.

Fortunately I'm in Australia so whatever. I just hope JoJo doesn't choke against this can they've brought in for her to crush.
Ha, yeah, decent shot I will buy a ticket for Fight Night Japan, which is shaping up to be a pretty weak event. It's only about 3 hours by train to Saitama Super Arena though...Nelson vs Barnett will be a fun fight, but Mousasi is facing some nobody in the co-main, then there are a bunch of fights with cans from the Japanese equivalent of TUF. Not sure if I should go or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if she chokes again. Mentally she doesn't seem to be 100%, and from what I have heard her opponent is another athletic/physically strong fighter (lacking in experience, of course), which gave her trouble in her last fight and a couple of her closer wins.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Love me some JoJo
I like her too, but she gets tagged too easily and has pretty poor footwork. I can't see her being top 5 in the division.

Edit: Nice win though. Definitely will be a confidence booster after her last fight. I wouldn't mind seeing her fight Bec Rawlings next (her original opponent), as that will be a step up.

I like her too, but she gets tagged too easily and has pretty poor footwork. I can't see her being top 5 in the division.

Edit: Nice win though. Definitely will be a confidence booster after her last fight. I wouldn't mind seeing her fight Bec Rawlings next (her original opponent), as that will be a step up.
Who cares how she fights, I just find her sexy in the non traditional sense much like Joanna Champion, except Joanna can actually fight.

Eanan

Buffer with that correct Donegal pronunciation. Cant stress how many times ive heard americans pronounce it completely wrong.

dream

I just can't take anyone with an Irishman gimmick seriously anymore. Which may be unfair, and they all might be killers, but foregrounding your Irishness just makes you seem like Connor-lite now.

scabro

I just can't take anyone with an Irishman gimmick seriously anymore. Which may be unfair, and they all might be killers, but foregrounding your Irishness just makes you seem like Connor-lite now.

but this is the last man to beat connor mcgregor

iddqd

Leites has made crazy improvement since his Anderson fight and since finding the special sauce.

Bispin had a typical patter Bispin win of doing enough, moving around and having cardio.
He would totally get wrecked by the top5, as always.

Leites has made crazy improvement since his Anderson fight and since finding the special sauce.

Bispin had a typical patter Bispin win of doing enough, moving around and having cardio.
He would totally get wrecked by the top5, as always.
Yeah. Leites is greatly improved but he still isn't a good striker from a technical standpoint and he had Bisping rocked several times.

industrian

We've come a long way from Marcus Davis.

Lazyslob

Banned

yeah man! brazilian gimmick all the way! usa gimmick all the way! mexican gimmick all the way!

Yaari

Someone told me he thought Jerry Millen is representing Fedor now, and that would be awful. Lol.

Apparently he had his kids pose with him when he was at the Bellator meet&greet so it would not surprise me one bit.

No joke, I was boiling something and then I started watching the Bisping fight then passed out. Was woken up by my fire alarm , smelled so bad in my place . Can't believe I decided to start cooking anything while watching a Bisping fight.

iddqd

No joke, I was boiling something and then I started watching the Bisping fight then passed out. Was woken up by my fire alarm , smelled so bad in my place . Can't believe I decided to start cooking anything while watching a Bisping fight.

Bispin kills!

industrian

catching up with all my MMA on my DVR this morning. jesus, Bellator has a star on their hands with Michael "Venom" Page. dude is the black English Conor McGregor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM5M-EMd_Us

I remember him being the "English Anderson Silva". Or to put it another way: Page has been the Next Big Thing for like 3 years now. It's time Coker gave him a real challenge.

Heel

They'll "give him a real challenge" when he stops getting on SportsCenter knocking out +1000 Fairtex bags, and not a moment sooner.

Geez, it's like you guys think this is a sport or something.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Explain this shit, Heel.

That's not telling the entire story, you're ignoring the lucrative sponsorship deal.

Since it was his 5th UFC fight, Todd Duffee made a cool $2,500 extra from Reebok for headlining a heavyweight fight.

edit: I wonder how much Brock Lesnar got from Jimmy John's for getting thrown around by a 50 year old man last night after 4 minutes of work.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
That's not telling the entire story, you're ignoring the lucrative sponsorship deal.

Since it was his 5th UFC fight, Todd Duffee made a cool $2,500 extra from Reebok for headlining a heavyweight fight.

edit: I wonder how much Brock Lesnar got from Jimmy John's for getting thrown around by a 50 year old man last night after 4 minutes of work.

Come on, don't forget about all that rebook swag

Top Bottom