• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Real talk: would a guy starting with the UFC right now be better off joining the army? I think the US Army pays around $20k for the first few years, but I assume they cover rent and all associated "training costs" involved.

That and after you get "cut" by the army, don't they pay for your tuition fees or whatever?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I don't know why yawll are so concerned about Theodore Duffington. The man is a legitimate movie star who held his own with the likes of michael jai white. Trust me. He gets paid.

"Don't you fuckin goofs worry about how much Duffy made. A man's pay is a private issue. Now, let me tell you how much Aldo missed out on earning by faking a rib injury."

Haunted

Catching up on recent UFC events, the hot minute of Mir vs Duffee was the most entertaining and simultaneously technical worst main card fight I've seen.

That's why you don't really want the UFC to only employ good, technical fighters that are representative of MMA as a professional sport, you also need these big, wild, amateur slugs that wouldn't look out of place in a 2005 Kimbo Slice backyard fighting Youtube highlight reel to spice things up.

Chesskid1

Banned
no win bonus for frank?

that's kinda strange, you never see that. perhaps they thought he has a hard time winning so they negotiated that out for a higher base.

scabro

Jacob Stitch Duran
‏@StitchDuran

@daej81 You will be the first to know that the UFC just let me go because I spoke out about the Reebok deal. Got to look for a new job!

dont fuck with reebok yo

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Union be coming yo.

Which one of you is this?
CKbsTJ4UwAA1AvD.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Real talk: would a guy starting with the UFC right now be better off joining the army? I think the US Army pays around $20k for the first few years, but I assume they cover rent and all associated "training costs" involved.

That and after you get "cut" by the army, don't they pay for your tuition fees or whatever?
Yes.

scabro

Stitch looked like a walking billboard. Seriously, have some self respect. Who said you could wear all those patches? Your free ride on UFC cameras is over.

diUA0fa.jpg

ufc-13.jpg

you think dana really gives a fuck about looking like a billboard?

danas fine with it if the money is going into the ufc's pockets. corn nuts, are official snack of the ufc, for godsake.

we should all stop pretending like mma is anything more than the human cockfighting we all love.

That sucks about Stitch. I met him years ago at a WEC event and he seemed like a cool dude. He's a staple at pretty much every combat sporting event though, so I think he'll do alright. UFC is on some bullshit with this though.

industrian

I think this whole cutman thing is the UFC's way of saying "we want our cutmen/doctors to look like medical professionals."

Yes, I somehow managed to type that with a straight face.

I eagerly await seeing someone in the media get blackballed from UFC events for asking Dana about Stitch.

I think this whole cutman thing is the UFC's way of saying "we want our cutmen/doctors to look like medical professionals."

I eagerly await seeing someone in the media get blackballed from UFC events for asking Dana about Stitch.

I don't see what's to laugh about. They want their human cock fighters to be seen as athletes.

Dana got a lot of nerve telling someone else to dress more professionally
74843142.jpg

Guy's idea of "Business casual" is a ratty t-shirt and tru religion jeans. He's a walking midlife crisis.

How are you going to fire Stitch?
By ignoring him at events and then having someone else phone him to tell him he's fired.

"That's another thing that pisses me off, that he didn't have the balls to call me directly," Duran said of White. "He had some other guys call me."
Duran believes things have changed from the early days of the UFC. He said that White and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta used to be all about taking care of their fighters and employees. Now, Duran said White, once someone he had a tight relationship with, doesn't even say hello to him when they pass each other at events.

"Dana has definitely changed," Duran said. "Now it's all about the economics. It used to be a fighter friendly environment."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/2...h-duran-says-ufc-fired-him-for-comments-about
Dana got a lot of nerve telling someone else to dress more professionally
74843142.jpg

Guy's idea of "Business casual" is a ratty t-shirt and tru religion jeans. He's a walking midlife crisis.
between his manure's disease, abuse of hgh and steroids, obesity, and type A personality, he's a walking third quartile life crisis.

industrian

dana runs this shit like the gestapo, if you speak up about anything you're out

At this point I'm inclined to believe that a lot of key decision making has been delegated to Reebok. Either that or Reebok have been handed veto powers over certain decisions.

Lazyslob

Banned
sucks about stitch. danas the type of dude to never get his ass kicked. i hope someone lays him out also brendan schaub said they took his name and shirts and shit off the reebok website as well

I remember reading a story a few years ago about how Stitch and Steve Mazagatti are (or were) best friends and wanted to break into the fighting business together and they both wanted to be refs but there wasn't enough jobs for the two of them so Stitch decided to learn to be a cut man. Mazagatti said he later regretted choosing to be the ref cause everyone hates him and everyone loves Stitch. Now they've both been screwed by the UFC - an outcome that happens to literally almost everyone that comes into contact with them.

industrian

Speaking of Mazzagatti, whatever happened to him? I've not heard of him since Burkman choked out Fitch.

Eanan

They way Connor likes to spend money I feel like we're going to hear about him being broke in 5-10 years.

I have no doubt that it's a bit of an exaggerated character hes portraying. Listening to his dad on the MMA hour, he seems to have a very good group of people around him in his family and gym, so I doubt they would let him be foolish with money.

In saying that, he definitely gets LOTS of free stuff now, and is making 7 figures per fight now.

mcGregor should not have a fat ass place like that already, did you guys see his crib In Vegas? Dude is definitely filing bankruptcy any moment

Have you all forgotten about the "Notorious" TV minidoc that aired on FS1? I guarantee you Conor or Dana didn't pay a dime and cameras followed him every second with all production cost paid for with the proceeds for the upcoming "Notorious 2."

Have you all forgotten about the "Notorious" TV minidoc that aired on FS1? I guarantee you Conor or Dana didn't pay a dime and cameras followed him every second with all production cost paid for with the proceeds for the upcoming "Notorious 2."

Will "Notorious 2" chronicle his road to redemption after being viciously knocked unconscious by Jose Aldo?

Heel

Conor keeping up appearances like an early 2000s rapper, attempting to fake it until he makes it. Everything he's ever bought has been on camera, and likely returned on Monday. #Wanksta

Reminds me of Vince McMahon giving Ted Dibiase spending money.

tumblr_m8385xXEiT1r270ozo1_250.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Alpha Male trained him well in the art of being left hanging.

p5ZGR2X.gif

This shit isn't funny brehs. There's a million ways to casually shake hands now and you never know what you're going to get out there. I have a friend who does it differently every time, shit drives me nuts.

Top Bottom