• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

latest

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
What's next for Dillashaw? Rematch with Raphael Assuncao? The division is light with contenders not named Urijah, Renan, or Dominick.

Who would have ever thought that THAt TJ from The Ultimate Fighter will come this far.

Ludwig apparently makes all the difference. Improved the striking of every AlphaMale fighter but TJ was the one that was young enough and not yet stuck in the AlphaMale mold to utilize it best.

pixelation

Pretty much. He hit him like 50 times unanswered and couldn't put him away.

Yeah, tell that to the first fight, and maybe... just maybe Barao has a pretty good chin?. I digress... I really hate it when fighters get cocky and let their guard down on purpose, i was waiting for the stray bullet to land on Dillashaw at any moment (specially in the first two rounds).

Guru-Guru

Banned
I think Barao is an example of a guy who won't be (and hasn't been) able to evolve his skills anymore. After two brutal beatings by Dillashaw, plus a 30+ fight career (mostly of cans), he's definitely on the downhill. He fought pretty much exactly the same as he did in the first fight, and showed no improvement in his footwork, opting to standing in front of Dillashaw from the opening bell. Maybe switching camps will help, but at this point, I doubt it.

Since he will never get another shot at the title, I guess he can move up a division, but guys like McGregor and Edgar will dance around him while picking him apart.

Well Dana is not going to take some insults from a little kid...Dana White or not...nobody is. So Im not sure why you would post hat twitter exchange.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
But Dana White is going to engage with a little kid insulting him? That's somehow better than letting go of one of the thousands of insults hurled his way?

VoxPop

Not exactly sure why Dana feels the need to rip on fans for them being upset about Stitch being fired. I've always been an avid supporter of Dana's tirades only because I felt he was in the right during those times but this whole Reebok ordeal and his general lack of poise as the head of the company makes me want a new guy at the helm of the sport. I appreciate what he's done till now but it's about time for the sport to evolve and have someone a little more non-douchey as the face of their company.

The UFC has also been on a nice little roll with great events since 189. This is not a time to be lowering their guns. If Ronda delivers this coming Saturday, they could snowball into something special for once. They have no real watchable PPVs or events scheduled after the Ronda fight and they're going to need everything they can get from fans to stay relevant in the offseason. This is not a time to be insulting them especially about something as trivial as having opinions about them using a D-tier sporting apparel company.

Illashaw, Thrillashaw, Killashaw, Dolla Dolla Billashaw, andStillashaw really delivered yesterday night. It's exactly what Chael tweeted. Barao looked like the kid coming outside of school to go see the bully that was going to fuck him up. I think the fan throwing an American flag in his face as he made his entrance just really took his soul. He had absolutely nothing for TJ and just looked scared the entire time. The only issue is there being no marketable contenders for him except maybe Cruz if they could ever make that happen. The UFC is going to be at a standstill for the next few months unless something interesting like Bones coming back rears its head.

There's no consistency with Cain. Fights once in a while, has no personality, and now not only did he get spanked but his Brazilian/Bolivian rival speaks fluent Spanish while he can't even put a full basic sentence together .

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I think Barao is an example of a guy who won't be (and hasn't been) able to evolve his skills anymore. After two brutal beatings by Dillashaw, plus a 30+ fight career (mostly of cans), he's definitely on the downhill. He fought pretty much exactly the same as he did in the first fight, and showed no improvement in his footwork, opting to standing in front of Dillashaw from the opening bell. Maybe switching camps will help, but at this point, I doubt it.

Since he will never get another shot at the title, I guess he can move up a division, but guys like McGregor and Edgar will dance around him while picking him apart.

Dilla stole his confidence in the first fight. If I were him, I'd go see the same sports psychologist that dealt with Cerrone. And possibly move to another camp as well, one that can teach him to cut weight properly.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Dilla stole his confidence in the first fight. If I were him, I'd go see the same sports psychologist that dealt with Cerrone. And possibly move to another camp as well, one that can teach him to cut weight properly.

I agree, Barao should switch camps and see a psychologist. I also think he should stay at 135. I feel his coaches in Brazil are letting him down IMO as I feel Barao has plateaued at Nova Uniao along with Aldo, but seeing how close he is to his coach, I doubt he will leave.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
There's no consistency with Cain. Fights once in a while, has no personality, and now not only did he get spanked but his Brazilian/Bolivian rival speaks fluent Spanish while he can't even put a full basic sentence together .
He spent most of his training camp trying to learn spanish.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I'm looking forward to seeing Rousey bully Correia for 5 rounds (if she really does decide to do that). Minus the TUF fights, the rest of the 190 main card looks like it will be fun with a lot of finishes. Sure, none of the fights are really that relevant, but I will enjoy it.

After 190 though we are in for some shit events. UFC Fight Night Teixeira vs Saint Preux, Holloway vs Oliveira, then 191 headlined by Mighty Mouse vs Dodson II. Ugh.

iddqd

The call for Dominic Cruz is a bit weird to me, his last fight was a fun destruction but I mostly remember him for his pitter patter decisions.
Killashaw has had a lot more finishes then his t-800 version.

That mirror match could be super fun or super boring with both just weaving in and out, doing the Guida and raising their hands, convinced they won, after 5 rounds.

Lazyslob

Banned
I'm looking forward to seeing Rousey bully Correia for 5 rounds (if she really does decide to do that). Minus the TUF fights, the rest of the 190 main card looks like it will be fun with a lot of finishes. Sure, none of the fights are really that relevant, but I will enjoy it.

After 190 though we are in for some shit events. UFC Fight Night Teixeira vs Saint Preux, Holloway vs Oliveira, then 191 headlined by Mighty Mouse vs Dodson II. Ugh.

other than the main event and the shogun fight this card looks like dogshit. the struve fight miiiight be okay... and maia as an undercard LOL probably will be wack. nah. naaaw

Top Bottom