• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
This weekend's UFC card is shit, I'm not even going to watch it. Gonna go out with a friend from out of town and raise hell throughout the city.

Hannibal is great stuff friends, figures it gets cancelled when I'm into it. I'm halfway through season 2 right now.

iddqd

This weekend's UFC card is shit, I'm not even going to watch it. Gonna go out with a friend from out of town and raise hell throughout the city.

Hannibal is great stuff friends, figures it gets cancelled when I'm into it. I'm halfway through season 2 right now.

There is always MR. ROBOT waiting for you!

bone_and_sinew

There is always MR. ROBOT waiting for you!
Fargo season 2 in October

fNQp0cE.png

So what's the over/under on how many seconds before Correia is tapping like a bitch?

I'm going with ten.

Here's how the fight's going to go.

Correia will come out, dance around a bit.

Come in with a couple quick punches,

Ronda grabs her arm.

ARMBAR.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Everyone is forgetting that Bethe is a legit blackbelt in accounting. Ronda's got her hands full tomorrow.

Still glad that Betch messed up Rouseys lame ass cronies.

how do you make MMA your life, train with Rousey and still suck horribly? They are still in the UFC solely because they are part of Rouseys click.

iddqd

Im interested in the card but there are some fights that, no matter the outcome, I feel bad for both fighters still fighting. Shogun, Nog1, Nog2, Struve should all already have been retired.
With those fighting, all I see is people making their lifes really terrible a couple years down the road. (Only thing missing would have been a Belfort/Henderson rematch to make it even more awkward)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Still glad that Betch messed up Rouseys lame ass cronies.

how do you make MMA your life, train with Rousey and still suck horribly? They are still in the UFC solely because they are part of Rouseys click.

Wasn't one of them cut recently? I thought only one of her friends was still around.

I don't even think those women even trained with Rousey regularly. Even if they did, Rousey's MMA training is supported by a base of something like 20~ ish years of Judo.

Chesskid1

Banned
i don't really like watching over the hill fighters that struggle to not get cut, because even if they win, they don't really have a future, know what i mean?

i mean if shogun wins, it doesn't matter, and if he loses, it doesn't matter. but then again there are guys like arlovski with an amazing comeback that is so amazing to watch, but that's so rare to happen. i'd rather watch a more unknown prospect

i don't really get hyped over ronda fights. i watch her fights and she's good, but its more like not that she's good, but the people she fights are so bad. i just watch to see if any of her opponents can last basically and that's not much fun.

i'll watch this card but def not live like i usually would.

Betch's opponents are 1-7 in the UFC.

Is there a rule that you can't toss someone out of the cage? That'd be a great way for Rousey to punish/embarrass her if that's her goal.

brentech

I think while she says she's going to make it last, that's just being used to tear her arm off or whatever it may be as quick as possible and then go, "well, I wanted to break her down bit by bit, but she couldn't even hang for a couple of minutes."

Chesskid1

Banned

bone_and_sinew

I've been sick all week, my meds have me loopier than I thought. I read Shogun v Lil Nog 2 and Struve v Big Nog as being part of next week's card. Card upgraded from suck to eh.

Also Uncle Dana's fault for having so many damn cards it's hard to keep track of who fights when.

MjFrancis

Betch's opponents are 1-7 in the UFC.
That says a lot. Forget the fact that Betch is fighting Rousey, Betch is getting a title shot based on that level of competition at 135.

I'm having trouble finding MMA casuals who have any idea of who Betch is. Most of them are simply noting that Ronda Rousey is fighting this weekend and that's that.

bone_and_sinew

I'm having trouble finding MMA casuals who have any idea of who Betch is. Most of them are simply noting that Ronda Rousey is fighting this weekend and that's that.
Yep, my MMA casual friends want to watch it just cause of Rousey, I'm completely indifferent to this card.

my MSN Sports app that isn't MMA friendly and never gave an option to select MMA as a prefered sport, while it includes sports like rugby and cricket, actually has Ronda on the front page. that's how big she is. I even had an older female coworker yesterday ask me where I was going to watch the fight.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Uncle Dana is going to be so sad when his mainstream success Honda drops his ass. See: thread in OT.

Thomas Lawlor can't dress up like Dan Severn but this Brazi can come out with foot long weapons on his hands?

I'm a bit behind, just starting the FP prelims.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Here's hoping Holly Holm can win her next match so she can face off with Rhonda before Rhonda eventually retires. Would be nice to see more undefeated fighters face off.

Also, who is typically viewed as the best at subs/bjj between Maia, Palhares, and Souza?

dream

Here's hoping Holly Holm can win her next match so she can face off with Rhonda before Rhonda eventually retires. Would be nice to see more undefeated fighters face off.

Also, who is typically viewed as the best at subs/bjj between Maia, Palhares, and Souza?

I say Maia.

And after 2 years of Holly Holm apologizing for her performances, I no longer believe that she will ever be a threat to anyone, much less Ronda.

Palhares by kimura.

Jake tapped at least 15 times while Mazzagati must have tapped Palhares about 10 times before he released the lock. Hahahhahaha, dude seriously needs to be suspended for life.

Top Bottom