• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Here's hoping Holly Holm can win her next match so she can face off with Rhonda before Rhonda eventually retires. Would be nice to see more undefeated fighters face off.

Also, who is typically viewed as the best at subs/bjj between Maia, Palhares, and Souza?

So she can get recycled in 15 seconds? Holm looks nervous everything she fights. Ronda would maul her

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Here's hoping Holly Holm can win her next match so she can face off with Rhonda before Rhonda eventually retires. Would be nice to see more undefeated fighters face off.

I've got high hopes for Holm, and I figure so does the UFC. But she's going to need some more Jacksongineering before being anywhere near ready for a title shot. Namely, to get rid of her jitters and nervous energy.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I've got high hopes for Holm, and I figure so does the UFC. But she's going to need some more Jacksongineering before being anywhere near ready for a title shot. Namely, to get rid of her jitters and nervous energy.

Yeah, understandable. Outside of Holm, UFC doesn't have many potential fights left for Rousey.

dream

I just don't see it, Indy. I think whatever fighter's spirit Holly had was beaten out of her years ago, and I don't think she'll ever be a legitimate contender.

I think Sara McMann, with another 2 years of training, is the only person who could make it competitive.

VoxPop

What a night. An absolutely horrid event that turned off any newcomer and hardcore fan alike was saved by Ronda's faceplant KO. Perfect way to end everyone's night. She is truly something special and they should never put her on another card like that again.

Paul Harris should never be allowed to fight again. What a piece of shit.

Lmao at that Khabib Nate Diaz brawl in the crowd.

McGregor Aldo + Werdum/Cain 2 set for AT&T stadium on Dec 5.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Didn't go out, didn't watch the card either. I had a fever and fell asleep very early. Had a fevered nightmare with 3 acts. Act 1 was giant tarantulas, act 2 was being tricked into incest sex, act 3 was getting my arm broken and the shit beaten out of me by Chris Weidman.

I am legit shook, so this is what Scarecrow gas would do to me.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Since Dana said it definitely would be a possibility, I want to see McGregor and Rousey on the same card. Shit would be so hype.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Didn't go out, didn't watch the card either. I had a fever and fell asleep very early. Had a fevered nightmare with 3 acts. Act 1 was giant tarantulas, act 2 was being tricked into incest sex, act 3 was getting my arm broken and the shit beaten out of me by Chris Weidman.

image.php

Boned.

scabro

you need to contact a dream interpreter

this could be big

scabro

I just don't see it, Indy. I think whatever fighter's spirit Holly had was beaten out of her years ago, and I don't think she'll ever be a legitimate contender.

I think Sara McMann, with another 2 years of training, is the only person who could make it competitive.

you know dream, i think stylistically i think Holm still has the best shot. If she is able to use the teep and body kicks like Connor and keep Ronda at a distance/work the body, and with her footwork circle away from Ronda, she might last a round or two.

But she holds her head straight up, and Ronda has knockout power. And if Ronda clinches its over.

industrian

McMann is 35. That ship has sailed.

Werdum/Cain 2

Is this legit? If so my response is quite simply:

Fuck this shit. Seriously. Fuck it up the ass. Stop trying to force Cain on us. I don't want another two-year long HW wilderness waiting for Cain's knees/shoulders/whatever to heal over and to be trustworthy enough to head a division.

Plus, what the fuck did he do to deserve a rematch? He was only on a 2-fight win streak, he's got the personality of a puddle of piss, and I'm willing to bet the only needle he moves for PPVs is when he bangs his wife after the show.

I should have saw this coming when they put Arlovski/Mir together. I was hoping they'd put together Cain/Miocic. But whatever. I sincerely hope that Werdum wins and derails the Cain Train for good.

bone_and_sinew

Diaz vs Khabib would be a great way to put Khabib over and make him recognizeable to the masses. Khabib definitely has the charisma and skill but hasn't had an opponent to launch him into the public eye.

Nobody wants to see that loser fight. Ive seen better fights between women on world star for christs sake.

Good event...Rousey is above anybody else. The only one who could pop her real good is Cristiane because she has better hands and is actually very powerful. Ronda gets tagged almost every time by some bum until she starts grappling. If Cristiane touches her all the dreams could die.

I cant believe I missed the fight of the night line for Nog/Rua...

bone_and_sinew

Was Shogoon v Lil Nog 2 any good? If it was I'll track it down to watch. I don't trust UFC-GAF's opinion on anything.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
^It was more depressing than anything.

I would really like to see some male fighters fight like Honda did last night. Chin up running straight at the opponent winging uppercuts. YOLO.

Chesskid1

Banned
i feel like the old man yelling at clouds watching this rousey stuff happen. i started watching MMA while she was growing in strikeforce so her novelty fell off to me a few fights ago and watching how huge she is becoming while i'm not too interestied is making me feel out of touch.

pretty astonishing. last night was a blur but iirc dana said rousey grew way more attention that mcgregor's around various places.

bone_and_sinew

i feel like the old man yelling at clouds watching this rousey stuff happen

pretty astonishing.
The pc sjw circle-jerk has finally found their sports hero. Imagine if Honda was a minority and gay, we'd be getting server errors like in E3.

edit: missed the Fallon Fox posts. OT has reached singularity.

Shogun/Lil Nog was ok, but i was still traumatized by Big Nog/Struve and Big Foot not being able to wait till they were backstage to rape his corner man.

bone_and_sinew

It's in Brazil, Vitor will be juiced to the gills without any worries. He's gonna finish Hendo in the first round again. What a pointless fight.

bone_and_sinew

3 years from now the UFC might have to fold HW and LHW once the old blood is gone for good.

Fuck it keep the small cage, dump Brittney in a pool of stem cells, and fold those divisions. WEC never die!

industrian

I have this recurring dream where my life is pretty much exactly the same, but I have a 5-2 MMA record and was listed as "One to watch in 2011" by Sherdog.

So Diaz Bros were there to support Shields yet their selfish insecurities got them kicked out of the event before Shields even fought.

If they would have stuck around they could have given Palhares a piece of their own justice after that controversial finish and supported Shields like true friends.

Top Bottom