• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

lol
She moves like a jiu jutsu guy.

UFC don't always give title shots based on past achievements in the octagon (McGregor, Brock) so Fedor should get a shot.

Yeah 'earning a title shot' means nothing in the UFC after a middle weight coming off a loss was given a title shot against a light heavyweight. (Sonnen/Jones)

oneils

Watching the prelims for the event tonight. Every fight so far seems pretty uneven. I guess that's how it goes for these underunder cards.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
That was shocking. I used to believe in Sara McMann. Now I don't. Please, just retire.

Sometimes I get the impression she's too nice for the sport. But I see her slipping into a good mid-tier gatekeeper position for the women's bantamweight division until she decides to call it a day.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
MJ got screwed. Dariush started landing that jab more in the 3rd, and could see him getting that round. Other than that it was all MJ.

Guru-Guru

Banned
OSP not impressing me much here. These are the kinds of fights you need to squash if you want to be propelled into the title picture.
Yeah, really unimpressive. I haven't watched any of his previous fights (or at least, can't remember any), but it's kind of sad seeing how shit his TDD is and how Teixeira can outwrestle him, even though OSP is clearly more athletic.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
OSP is all athleticism and lacks technique. If he doesn't finish you in the first, people usually grind him out like what's going on now and the Darth Bader fight.

And its over. I should have put money on Glover.

Send OSP back to prelim or Fight for the Troop cards. He sucks.

Solid performance by Glover though. A Glover/Hendo fight would be fun as fuck if the UFC weren't instead sending Dan to die to against a gormandized Vitor.

BadAss2961

OSP is all athleticism and lacks technique. If he doesn't finish you in the first, people usually grind him out like what's going on now and the Darth Bader fight.

And its over. I should have put money on Glover.
He also came out with a terrible gameplan in the 3rd with those takedown attempts. The only way he wins that fight is with his striking. Needed to let his hands go some more, but he gassed.

Guru-Guru

Banned
It's easy to see how OSP could turn into a contender, but then you realize he is already 32 years old. It's too bad, because LHW needs some more cans that Jones can crush when he takes back his belt.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It's easy to see how OSP could turn into a contender, but then you realize he is already 32 years old. It's too bad, because LHW needs some more cans that Jones can crush when he takes back his belt.

I'd still rate him as a mid-tier potential.

But anyways: OSP vs. the loser of Rumble/Manuwa.

And 205 has never been good. We just thought it was good before Jones opened our eyes and showed us how terrible it really was.

Eanan

Kind of knew it wouldn't happen, but Aldo v Mcgregor in dallas is off now. Las Vegas will be the location apparently now.

Also, Rhonda on Cyborg as per Reddit AMA:

Sincere opinion about Cyborg: she's just waiting to be offered enough money to get her ass kicked ('cuz she knows she'll get her ass kicked). I know for a fact she can make the weight. She consulted with Mike Dolce (my current nutritionist) before I ever started working with him and after consulting with her he said he could get her in "the best shape of her life" at 135. She then started being represented by Tito Ortiz and all talk stopped. The delay is all about money, not her weight. She made 145 pumped full of steroids. She can healthily make 135 without them. Her shows that she headlines lose thousands of dollars, and the majority of the tickets are given away because no one will buy them. She needs me. So pretty much we're waiting for her to realize that she needs to fight me before I retire or she'll never have enough money to retire. I would like me kicking her ass be my retirement fight but whether she steps up or not I'll walk away undefeated and happily ever after regardless.
Do I think I would legit beat Mayweather in a ruleless fight? Floyd is one of the best boxers of all time. He would definitely beat me in a boxing match. I unfortunately don't get into "matches". I fight for a living. In a no rules fight, I believe I can beat anyone on this planet. Boxing is a sweet science with strict rules that I respect very much and aspire every day to improve at. But you said ruleless fight, and that's my honest answer.

Top Bottom