• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
How far away are we from Dana hiring a leper to fight Anderson? Leper would probably put up more of a fight than Stale Sonnen did.

It would sure make wrestling and submission attempts more interesting.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's all the dudes that weren't good enough to style like mad in the older games. All the videos of the combos are horrible. Slow and no depth.

I'm interested in the game from a story perspective but the gameplay looks mediocre and slow like you said. Perhaps acceptable to the God of War crowd though.

FACE

Banned
Oh young pitbull.

If you say that Heavenly Sword was a good game I'll travel to the US and buy a rifle to hunt you down.

Edit: Ninja Theory poly, not Team Ninja(have gone to shit though). Ninja Gaiden Black is the best game released last gen.

I'm interested in the game from a story perspective but the gameplay looks mediocre and slow like you said. Perhaps acceptable to the God of War crowd though.

Does it also have that annoying pause when you hit something/get hit like the God of War games?

Not saying Heavenly Sword is anywhere near the greatest game of all time, but to call it not even remotely enjoyable is just a tad hyperbolic. Oh and I liked Enslaved too, so sue me.

I don't necessarily want a Devil May Cry game by them though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Not saying Heavenly Sword is anywhere near the greatest game of all time, but to call it not even remotely enjoyable is just a tad hyperbolic. Oh and I liked Enslaved too, so sue me.

poly I forbid you from using my DoritoPope avatar due to that line of thinking.

TheChits

I don't necessarily want a Devil May Cry game by them though.

I didn't care for Heavenly Sword, but I really enjoyed Enslaved. I don't get the hate for it

I wish gaming side would stop pretending DmC is going to be a good game.

Most can't stand it on the gaming side. Who actually thinks it will be good?

I enjoyed HS for what it was. I also have a bad feeling that this will sell like gangbusters for some reason because of Capcoms advertising. I really want this game to bomb really hard though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Does it also have that annoying pause when you hit something/get hit like the God of War games?

Not as noticeable as GOW but it's there in certain instances.

DmC will probably be their best game to date but that isn't saying much to me.

alr1ght

Do not play Heavenly Sword, even if it's given away for free on PS+. It's a terrible GOW clone that runs like absolute shit.

Yep.

Game is being made by Ninja Theory and they've never done anything remotely enjoyable.
Hey look we agree on some...
Edit: Ninja Theory poly, not Team Ninja(have gone to shit though). Ninja Gaiden Black is the best game released last gen.
Excuse me ZOE2 exisit. NGB is second though.

poly I forbid you from using my DoritoPope avatar due to that line of thinking.
lol i'm not saying they're even close to perfect and I can definitely acknowledge their flaws. But I still enjoyed them and find the young pitbull's hyperbole a bit much when he said that NT han't done anything even remotely enjoyable.

Also, since we're on the topic of video games, RIP Matt Hughes.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's a shame that NG2 turned out to be not so good, a waste of a great combat system.

I cried when i was half way through NG2. I played NGB so much that its only the second game i ever owned that i wore out till it stopped working.

FACE

Banned
I cried when i was half way through NG2. I played NGB so much that its only the second game i ever owned that i wore out till it stopped working.

NG:B was so good I finished it multiple times and kept doing those challenge missions. It was so refreshing that you could get fucked up in the tutorial level if you made mistakes.

I feel like we're in the midst of a huge mma lull again. Needs some WSoF in my life.

Game is being made by Ninja Theory and they've never done anything remotely enjoyable.

PITBULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! :mad:

Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were two of my favorite games this generation. And Enslaved is one of my favorite games of all time. (note: I'm a ridiculous fan of anything PA though). Speaking of which, for any of you that watch Revolution
fuck Aaron for NOT screwing up for once and surviving killing himself. He's such a dumb character.

alr1ght

This is the official UFC China poster
UFC_on_Fuel_TV_Franklin_vs._Le.jpg

0456_72u36.gif

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
NG:B was so good I finished it multiple times and kept doing those challenge missions. It was so refreshing that you could get fucked up in the tutorial level if you made mistakes.

I beat it both the campaign and all the missions on legendary ninja multiple times. The only thing people could point out against NGB was that some of the platforming was awkward and kinda forced. Outside of that its about as close as you can get to a perfect action game.

FACE

Banned
I beat it both the campaign and all the missions on legendary ninja multiple times. The only thing people could point out against NGB was that some of the platforming was awkward and kinda forced. Outside of that its about as close as you can get to a perfect action game.

There's also that shitty underwater chapter. Everything else is ace, even grinding yellow orbs to upgrade the wooden sword was fun.

Goddamn that game is so good that I want to find my Xbox and play it.

I feel like we're in the midst of a huge mma lull again. Needs some WSoF in my life.

PITBULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! :mad:

Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were two of my favorite games this generation. And Enslaved is one of my favorite games of all time. (note: I'm a ridiculous fan of anything PA though). Speaking of which, for any of you that watch Revolution
fuck Aaron for NOT screwing up for once and surviving killing himself. He's such a dumb character.

I'm so sorry man.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Chapter 15(iirc) on Master Ninja was brutal because of those bastards.

Vigoorian flails and UT spam. Its the only place where i used them too, i was one of those dragon sword purists. It wasnt until i got through the game a few times that i used the other weapons just to say i did. I too find myself looking at my black disc and am considering another run at it.

FACE

Banned
Vigoorian flails and UT spam. Its the only place where i used them too, i was one of those dragon sword purists. It wasnt until i got through the game a few times that i used the other weapons just to say i did. I too find myself looking at my black disc and am considering another run at it.

I used the Vigoorian flails for grinding since I was able to pull some ridiculous combos with that thing without killing the enemies.

FACE

Banned
Now im sad that 2 and 3 were such shitty games.

NG2 had a great combat system, it's a shame they forgot to build a game around it. Didn't bother with NG3 after I read it had QTEs.

NG:B works well on the 360? Thinking about doing some missions.

Top Bottom