• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

GUYS MY APPEAL WAS GRANTED!!!!

Oh yeah I had to take a buddy to Los Feliz and I saw they had a best-buy. I now own ZOE HD
Congrats. And what alr1ght said, lol

Yeah I cancelled my ZOE PS3 LE order from Amazon forgetting that I had place a prior order many moons ago for it at Newegg when there was a $29.99 deal on for it so I ended up getting it in the mail today anyways, lol. Guess I'll play it now to see just how bad it is.

Also, get ready friends because we have a hell of a Bad MMA weekend coming up. RFA on Friday and then newcomer World Series of Fighting on Saturday. I'm hyped most to see he whose name is banned on GAF.
I just noticed our good friend Natch has been MIA lately.
Can't blame him, MMA has been largely MIA lately. I mean look at what the fuck we've been discussing in this god forsaken insular community thread.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can't blame him, MMA has been largely MIA lately. I mean look at what the fuck we've been discussing in this god forsaken insular community thread.
Can I just say this entire TUF season has been shit. Not one exciting fight. All these fighters going in the ring and not doing a damn thing. Boring, awful and inexperienced, also Roy Nelson is such a shit coach. lol

World Series Of Fighting on NBC Sports Network this Saturday should be worthy of your eyeballs.

ypno6.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Stephan Bonnar has retired. - http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/...-retires-from-the-sport-of-mixed-martial-arts

Fight fans have seen the last of Stephan Bonnar.

Bonner, who recently suffered a lopsided first-round knockout loss at the hands of Anderson Silva at UFC 153, had his fate sealed by UFC President Dana White late Tuesday night.

"Yes, Bonnar will be retiring now," White revealed midway through an online MetroPCS chat with fans.

Bonnar later confirmed the news to MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani.

For all intents and purposes, Bonnar was unofficially retired before being coaxed back into action by the surprise, late-notice offer to fight Silva. Immediately following the loss, which snapped a three-fight winning streak stretching back to 2010, Bonnar was non-committal regarding any potential return.

Bonnar ends his mixed martial career sporting a 15-8 record, having lost only to champions or former champions Forrest Griffin, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Jon Jones, Mark Coleman, and Silva, barring a controversial TKO loss to Krzysztof Soszynski.

Bonnar's legendary brawl against Griffin on the finale of the first Ultimate Fighter is widely credited with helping save the UFC and is often mentioned among the greatest fights in MMA history.

I decided to make an OT to kick off WSOF:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497809

Until the JBJ rematch at least. JBJ did say Bonnar gave him his toughest fight, remember?

Oh yeah and when Overeem goes on his title run and cleans out the HW division (hi yaco) he'll need a new opponent eventually too, and Bonnar makes sense for that, obv.

industrian

When is the last time Aldo actually fought. By february it must be more than a year right? Pretty ridiculous for such a young guy.

Yeah. He last fought in January. Champions should be stripped of their titles if they don't fight within a year and have none of this Money In The Ba... sorry, "Interim Championship" bullshit.

Younger fighters should definitely be fighting constantly whilst fit and healthy enough to do so as long as they can keep up the pace and not get constantly KO'd. It's done wonders for Jon Jones.

But then you have the two factors for Jose that would block this:

a) He's fighting in the UFC and it requires a lot more training (leading to his injuries) than featuring on a fortnightly Extreme Midwest Shark Jungle Fights Extreme card.
b) He's the champion. He can only fight when the UFC finds him challengers and having them stick to dates.

Fucking Best Buy would take a whopping $2 for a sealed Rage and $4 for The Darkness II. They won't even take Asuras Wrath. All games sealed. I'm gonna check PC Richards to see if I can trade in for some credits or even exchange.

This sucks. Stores use to take seal games all the time. Now they won't touch them. Maybe some of those tourists stores will do an even exchange with me.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
To be fair, Rage isn't worth much more than $2.

Srsly though, games are only worth trading when they're still new otherwise you get pennies for them. That's why I still unfortunately own copies of 5 year old sports games.

industrian

Is it the 360 version?

If your Rage and Darkness 2 are both 360 versions I'll consider buying them if they're compatible with PAL consoles.

All 360 versions that are only N/A compatible. Is Rage that bad? I got it as Best Buy months ago for $5 hoping that I can exchange it for another game at Gamestop or something. No dice.

Sup MMA Gaf. Power is back finally. How is Gr1m? I saw 80 houses burned in Queens. And anything big in mma happen in the past 2 days? Haven't had a chance to check the mma news sites yet.

Sup MMA Gaf. Power is back finally. How is Gr1m? I saw 80 houses burned in Queens. And anything big in mma happen in the past 2 days? Haven't had a chance to check the mma news sites yet.

Didn't know you are a fellow NY'er. Good thing you are alright that was an awful fire in Queens.

That storm was wild. Never saw anything like it. Three trees fell within 30 feet of my house .. two within about 15 feet. Thankfully they all fell parallel to my house.

Didn't know you are a fellow NY'er. Good thing you are alright that was an awful fire in Queens.

No I'm from PA but I saw on the news about the fires. My first thought was Gr1m complaining about the antiquated infrastructure in Queens and how they have problem with electricity and stuff.

EDIT: Looks like the UFC on Fox 5 injury train is gaining steam: http://mmajunkie.com/news/31355/bry...llashaw-faces-mike-easton-at-ufc-on-fox-5.mma

VoxPop

A little more than week till we see Franklin send that fraud Le to WSOF.

Nedkov vs Thiago Silva - Should be a fun brawl. I see Thiago overwhelming Nedkov for the W.

Dong Hyun Kim vs Paulo Thiago - I see a much improved blanket artist in DHK giving Paulo his walking papers as well.

Gomi vs Danzig - Another Pride star bites the dust (again) via RNC. No more undersized asian opponents means Gomi has no shot in the big leagues.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That should tell you something about how much fun I had playing(using this word loosely) the previous MGS games.

Smh. As a MGS guru I frown and look down upon you. You truly have no idea what you're missing. Anyone looking for genius narrative in a game is going to be let down, however when it comes to how great and most importantly SMART mgs games play I truly pity people who dont get it.

VoxPop

Never been able to get into MGS ... or Resident Evil games. Too clunky and awkward for me.

MGS 1 & 3 are fantastic. As is RE 1,2 & 4. I've recently started playing the REmake again on Dolphin and this thing still gives me the heebjie jeebies. RE 3, CVX, 5, 6 are garbage though. I never got to play MGS4 which is a bummer but I'll get around to it. The clunkiness is what made it fun. Not being able to properly run away is key to the RE franchise thats non existent anymore and the fact that they gave zombies the ability to run and break down doors in the remake is bananas.

But yeah seriously, play RE1 on GC/Dolphin if you can. It's better than any RE game to date by a long shot. With the addition of crimson heads, this thing will leave a nice brown streak on your undies.

Play Twin Snakes as well. The epic boss battles and shit like
having the frequency on the back of the CD case was genius. Not to mention putting your controller into the second controller port to not have Mantis read your mind was just awesome as fuck back in the day. And the 2 hour long battle with the Sniper in the jungle in MGS3 was cool too.

MGS rising looks like shit btw

Top Bottom