• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

yacobod

Banned
thiago silva and shogun were both coming off of losses, that's joe silva match making 101 right there sien916. the fight would have been pretty comparable to the fight your championing.

and since when was pissing hot a death sentence in the ultimate? steroids is something that they frown upon publicly, but it's all a big facade, these guys are all juicing. steroidreem is going to serve 9 months and walk into a title shot, how does that make sense?

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm not the one proposing the match up, Joe Silva is. He's a replacement for the deserving Thiago Silva. Is that how Joe Silva books matches? Maybe he's more interested in giving exciting fights and not worrying about who "earned it"

I'm down to see any match up that interests me on paper, regardless of rankings which mean absolute jack shit. It's a good change of pace from making match ups based on rankings regardless of whether or not it's a good style clash. I welcome it.

You guys can continue to whine about a match up that has FotN written all over it and whether or not it will be a good PPV draw for the UFC. What the fuck am I reading?

You're not reading the latter part I can tell you that. I never said any of that.

Again, what's the difference between this guy and dozens of other guys? I could ask you why you think Gus should get shafted out of this fight? He's proven a hell of a lot more than this no name 1-0 guy. It would be a better fight than this shit.

yacobod

Banned
You're not reading the latter part I can tell you that. I never said any of that.

I did tho. Zuffa isn't in the altruistic business, they are in it to make money, and book fights accordingly.

sien916 has a hardon for championing a portuguese lata who lost to short fuse herman.

lata = can

Heel

At first I just wanted to see an exciting fight, but now I'm more interested in Shogun getting hauled off in one of multiple ambulances that UFC will have on call and have a point proven.

You guys are excited to see Shogun vs. Gus, why? Did he "earn it" by beating Thiago Silva? Think about that. Thiago Silva. That guy who beat Keith Jardine. No, he earned it because you see that it's an exciting match up on paper.

Shogun vs. Glover is the same thing, you just aren't aware of it because you've seen Gus fight and not Glover.

You guys should stop worrying about perceved rankings and PPV revenue and actually get behind exciting match ups. You know, what we've come to see.

yacobod

Banned
Wanting to see Shogun vs. Rashad instead? LOL I'm done.

You've been done for awhile, friend.

images

TheNatural

My Member!
At first I just wanted to see an exciting fight, but now I'm more interested in Shogun getting hauled off in one of multiple ambulances that UFC will have on call and have a point proven.

You guys are excited to see Shogun vs. Gus, why? Did he "earn it" by beating Thiago Silva? Think about that. Thiago Silva. That guy who beat Keith Jardine. No, he earned it because you see that it's an exciting match up on paper.

Shogun vs. Glover is the same thing, you just aren't aware of it because you've seen Gus fight and not Glover.

You guys should stop worrying about perceved rankings and PPV revenue and actually get behind exciting match ups. You know, what we've come to see.

Or we could be aware of it because he has six UFC wins compared to one for your Brazilian lover.

Heel

Put him in there brah! He's earned it with those exciting wins in Shooto Brasil!

I subscribe this school of thought: It's not who you beat, it's how you do it.

You will all be looking like our resident snitch yacobud, who doubted Overeem could beat Brock Lesnar because he hadn't beaten anyone. I guess he should've earned the chance first?

Hopefully Shopoon grows a pair and actually takes a fight he can lose.

Sign the contract big boy, sign the contract.

Or we could be aware of it because he has six UFC wins compared to one for your Brazilian lover.

How long are we going to pretend Glover wouldn't have been in the UFC years ago if he could get in the country? They've wanted him signed for years now. smh.

TheNatural

My Member!
Mur = buyrate.

Meltzer said:
"Preliminary numbers for the 5/26 show were estimated at between 560,000 and 580,000 buys, which shows that the big shows are still holding up even with ratings down. For comparisons with numbers we’ve had in the past, this is a worldwide figure and we usually have North American figures. That was very slightly ahead of most expectations going in.

shogun was just as fat and out of shape as rampage in japan. he just didnt fight a guy that tried to wrestlefuck him.

shogun/hendo was still FOTY, the best display of heart and determination i've ever seen in the cage.

Difference is that Shogun actually put up a fight and a good show. Rampages performance was terrible and hes lost to a guy that was suppose to be a "give me" fight to get him back on track. Hit me up when Shogun is losing to guys like Kingsbu or Bonnar.

yacobod

Banned
looks like JDS might be emerging as a star the UFC can sell. he's got a good personality, has a fan friendly fighting style, seems to be genuine, and is learning to speak English pretty well.

bringing that poor kid into the ring w/him after dispatching mir was a legit star turn.

uncle dana wishes JBJ had an ounce of JDS's charisma.

TheNatural

My Member!
This is ridiculous. Fuck this sport, I'm out.

Not enough for you?

Swedish light-heavyweight prospect Alexander Gustafsson will reportedly be out of action until October with a broken hand, while Jon Fitch expects to be fit within a month.

Gustafsson has been making waves at 205lbs, beating Thiago Silva last time out. He is believed to be one more win from a title shot, against the winner of Jon Jones and Dan Henderson.

However, Mauricio Shogun Rua discussed the Swede when talking about potential next rivals. Shogun had been set to fight Silva himself, but an injury has left him running out of options.

"The name Rashad Evans has been talked about but he is injured," Shogun said on his official Facebook page. "Same goes for Minotouro [Nogueira].

"Gustafsson was another option but it seems like he has a broken hand and will only be back in October.

Boogie

Tomorrow's headline:

"Ultimate Fighting Championship announced today that they are ceasing all operations for six months because every one of their gawdamned fighters that is worth a shit is injured"

Heel

Maybe you can join yaco and try to justify Shogun vs. Rampage II in 2012 as a better fight because it can draw money for the UFC. This shit is getting good.

ibguYAd1lDBL6l.gif

Lol Kane is the man but he must have jobbed to the entire WWE roster. Dana is protecting Cain for his undiserved rematch. The only rematch Cain should have is with Kongo.

Top Bottom