• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

gPXQ4oE.png

You talking about the Echo cosmetic? You just go to shop->Spirit Grove and get it/them.
Thanks, I have been collecting my magicite but haven't actually started past the tutorial yet.. waiting for me to hate-quit Kingdom Hearts first.

Looks like Spirit Grove is locked, but I'll power-play tonight until it opens.

Pejo

So is the end of Chapter 2 as far as we can progress in story for the moment? I beat the level, the arena, and the misc treasure stages that unlocked after clearing the story parts, and nothing else has opened.

So how did everyone do in the Adamanterrapin event? I thought I hit a wall a week ago so I'm pretty proud of my progress and end rank (especially considering gacha screwed me with a Ranger pull).
Probably could have done even better with more 4* cards in my deck, but whatever.

Looking forward to September's content drop!

Falk

that puzzling face
I figured I had no way of breaching 3k so I just left it as-is comfortably within 10k. (UNLIKE WEEKLY RANKING LOL)

Went to go farm Augment mats anyway since I'm rather OCD.

I've killed enough Zoidbergs to last me a good lifetime and still nowhere near enough Wind mats yet for 3*ing everything.

But it's Wind and Water Augments are far better than the other two alternatives right now.

Pejo

I'm trying to get my head around the card upgrade process.

The way I understand it is:

1-Have a 3* Card you want to upgrade. The skill (let's say) is Wind Dance.
2-Find a 1* Card that drops from normal mobs with Lesser Wind Dance as a skill.
3-Fuse these cards into each other until Ability level and skill seed level are maxed.
4-???
5-At some point, the 1* card loses the "Lesser" prefix and you can then use it to skill up your 3* Card.

What I don't get is the point that happens between steps 3 and 5

Furthermore, I don't get how you know when you can upgrade your 3* card to 4*.

Anyone?

Golnei

Abilities grow into their standard forms from the "lesser" versions when being augmented from a 2* card to a 3* card, a process separate from regular fusion. Enemy drops (with some exceptions, like the Pupu cards) can only reach 3*, but gacha cards can be augmented to 4* with Growstars.

Uthred

I'm trying to get my head around the card upgrade process.

The way I understand it is:

1-Have a 3* Card you want to upgrade. The skill (let's say) is Wind Dance.
2-Find a 1* Card that drops from normal mobs with Lesser Wind Dance as a skill.
3-Fuse these cards into each other until Ability level and skill seed level are maxed.
4-???
5-At some point, the 1* card loses the "Lesser" prefix and you can then use it to skill up your 3* Card.

What I don't get is the point that happens between steps 3 and 5

Furthermore, I don't get how you know when you can upgrade your 3* card to 4*.

Anyone?

The step you are missing is this, under Cards there is an augment option this lets you increase the "star level" of cards. So you get your card with Lesser X, lets say a Grudge Shaman, he starts at 1*, so only 1* versions of him will drop. You augment him to 2*, now only 2* versions of him drop, when you augment him to 3* only 3* versions will drop and the skill loses its lesser prefix. You can tell when you can upgrade your 3* to 4* by going into the Augment menu and seeing if its greyed out or not (most drop cards cant go to 4*, nor can cards that are listed as 3*+).

Pejo

The step you are missing is this, under Cards there is an augment option this lets you increase the "star level" of cards. So you get your card with Lesser X, lets say a Grudge Shaman, he starts at 1*, so only 1* versions of him will drop. You augment him to 2*, now only 2* versions of him drop, when you augment him to 3* only 3* versions will drop and the skill loses its lesser prefix. You can tell when you can upgrade your 3* to 4* by going into the Augment menu and seeing if its greyed out or not (most drop cards cant go to 4*, nor can cards that are listed as 3*+).

Ah, so that's what the augmentation is for. Awesome, thanks for the clarification.

One last question, I just checked my Card Augment screen, and it has two materials (Verdant Claw) required to make my 1* Card into a 2* Card. Is there somewhere to farm these augment materials? I haven't gotten any of those from drops yet.

Uthred

Ah, so that's what the augmentation is for. Awesome, thanks for the clarification.

One last question, I just checked my Card Augment screen, and it has two materials (Verdant Claw) required to make my 1* Card into a 2* Card. Is there somewhere to farm these augment materials? I haven't gotten any of those from drops yet.

Oh yeah, I knew I forgot to mention something. You get upgrade materials from the "wandering bosses", look for nodes with the boss icon beside it. The drops are fairly rare, but the main problem is that some upgrade materials simply arent in the game as drops yet. You should be ok for augment materials for Water and Wind monsters (Adamntiny, Adamtoise for Water, Cockatrice, Treant and Mindflayer for Wind). Earth drops are unfortunately from a boss that only appears in the Arena and the fire materials to get from 2->3 simply arent available as drops (you can buy them from the daily item shop when they show up but its a fair bit of magicite)

Looks like the new side area with skill seed bonuses will also have wandering bosses including Mighty Golem, which was only farmable from arena and adamanterrapin event before. So now we have a reliable way to farm earth, wind and water augments. Fire skills still get shafted though D:

Hopefully fire augments come with chapter 3 as I'd like to max my ares and ifrit asap.

Pejo

Oh yeah, I knew I forgot to mention something. You get upgrade materials from the "wandering bosses", look for nodes with the boss icon beside it. The drops are fairly rare, but the main problem is that some upgrade materials simply arent in the game as drops yet. You should be ok for augment materials for Water and Wind monsters (Adamntiny, Adamtoise for Water, Cockatrice, Treant and Mindflayer for Wind). Earth drops are unfortunately from a boss that only appears in the Arena and the fire materials to get from 2->3 simply arent available as drops (you can buy them from the daily item shop when they show up but its a fair bit of magicite)

Awesome, thanks for this!

Should I be maxing out all of the 1* cards before doing the Augment via fusion, or can I safely just Augment them right away, when I have the materials? I went into the menu to check them out, and there doesn't seem to be anything stopping me from just Augmenting them at base 1* with no skillseed/ability upgrades.

Uthred

Awesome, thanks for this!

Should I be maxing out all of the 1* cards before doing the Augment via fusion, or can I safely just Augment them right away, when I have the materials? I went into the menu to check them out, and there doesn't seem to be anything stopping me from just Augmenting them at base 1* with no skillseed/ability upgrades.

There's no level limit so you can augment away, one thing you should do is when they are 2* make sure you max out their ability as it makes them better fusion material when you upgrade them to 3* (you can use 1* and 2* to level up the lesser ability then when you upgrade one unit to 3* it'll have the normal ability at lvl 3 which gives it a higher skill up percentage). One other thing is that you should only bother augmenting one unit of each type as the mats are quite rare and you're better farming the now guranteed 3* units than wasting mats on upgrading lots of 2* units of the same type. There's no need to level up skillseed levels as you'll likely be using them as skill up fodder.

StarVigil

I got 101? Boss kills with my gacha Knight and the pupu, pupu, hades, ares setup. Questioned my life decisions, even tho I auto battled 99% of that. But I got a lot of ability cards and mats out of it, so I guess it was worth.

Got to 94 with Onion Knight - Knight with drain, double earth pupus and ares. If I had more time, I would have farmed barrier and up chocobo since I have the mats for it, but oh well kinda happy where I placed considering I only got warrior and mage from my pulls so far.

Golnei

Sounds creepy, but mine's been fine. Moto G4 Android.

Just wandered into the spirit shop for the first time and oh my goodness why would anyone ever use anything but the Tonberry.

It's by far the best one, if it had more costumes I'd probably become a whale. Thankfully, I won't have to confront that aspect of myself just yet.

Victrix

*beard*
I've been playing this casually for about a month now, without doing a ton of reading or research, but I think I'm starting to get to the point where I need to look more closely at team setups and what I need to focus on to develop.

I just looted Mahisha, the SSR Light summon from this current event. My previous (only) SSR was the Earth summon Cybele, and I've been using a mostly earth team up to this point. I also pulled the SSR earth char Arulumaya during this event.

Is Mahisha any good or should I just plug him in as a stat stick and keep banging away with Earth? At a glance his ability looks situational to me, but I don't really have much basis for comparison or any knowledge of team building.

Are you using Android? And what type?

I've seen some reports about similar occurences on the subreddit and I believe they were all on android phones.

Yep. It was working fine for about a week or two. Installed android N. A couple days go by and it's still fine. Then all of a sudden the graphics started glitching.

Yep. It was working fine for about a week or two. Installed android N. A couple days go by and it's still fine. Then all of a sudden the graphics started glitching.

I've seen people say that clearing the app cache and data works, but make absolutely sure you've backed up your account/save file. On iOs, game center does this automatically, but I'm not sure about Android. I would do a bit more research before trying this fix.

Yay, I got my Echo bikini.

Well, there are four outfits total and I only have two tickets, grabbed the best one and am saving the other, I guess.

Now I need to figure out how to play this game, everything seems needlessly complicated.

Arkeband

Banned
I've been playing this casually for about a month now, without doing a ton of reading or research, but I think I'm starting to get to the point where I need to look more closely at team setups and what I need to focus on to develop.

I just looted Mahisha, the SSR Light summon from this current event. My previous (only) SSR was the Earth summon Cybele, and I've been using a mostly earth team up to this point. I also pulled the SSR earth char Arulumaya during this event.

Is Mahisha any good or should I just plug him in as a stat stick and keep banging away with Earth? At a glance his ability looks situational to me, but I don't really have much basis for comparison or any knowledge of team building.

Team building? SSR?

Are you speaking in tongues?

By pull do you mean you bought them off the shop?

Victrix

*beard*
They're speaking Granblue Fantasy, they posted in the wrong thread

That I did :D Getting my grindy mobile games mixed up :<

How do I get those 4* augments? Are they dropped? Or is it only via paying and chests?

The only way to raise 3* to 4* (outside rare exceptions like the Pupu) is by using 2x Growstars, which are extremely rare if you're f2p. Otherwise you have to buy them from the shop. Think carefully before you upgrade anything to 4*. I'd do it on a card by card basis for specific events, not for completions sake unless you're willing to spend an absolute fortune on this game.

New schedule and goodies revealed, new jobs, areas, collab events, multiplayer, etc:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mobius-final-fantasy-ne/september-calendar/314794858875024

&#9632;Multiplayer Available&#9632;

Multiplayer content known as the Ring of Braves is now available for all players!

MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY Version 1.1.100 Update Information

&#9632;Ring of Braves Multiplayer Content Available! Join forces with other potential Warriors of Light to tackle some of FINAL FANTASY's most storied eidolons! Determine your plan of attack and clash with some of the mightiest foes yet. Multiplayer can even by enjoyed alone by designating abilities for the AI to use.

&#9632;First Exploration Region: The Silent Ruins Has Launched! Obtain different skillseeds and fusion materials each day to help boost your jobs and abilities in this first of several exploration regions. The side story presented in the Silent Ruins will let you explore another side of Palamecia!

&#9632;New Job and Ability Cards! The Samurai, Red Mage, and Assassin cards make an appearance this month. Those looking for ability cards will want to snag Alexander, Glasya Labolas, and more, only available via card summoning!

&#9632;Legends Summons Available for a Limited Time Only! We're pleased to reveal the first batch of Legend Cards from the FINAL FANTASY series! This initial run includes heroes from FINAL FANTASY RECORD KEEPER, with its protagonist, Tyro, making an entrance in multiplayer!

We've also prepared a variety of other adjustments and improvements to make Palamecia even easier to adventure in. Visit the official site for details.

TYRO LOL
Edit: Oh wait I thought it said there was a Tyro job. Phew. I need sleep.

MP sounds cool, though. As well as the daily dungeons. Need me some fire mats!

Victrix

*beard*
Patch is up and live now if you're near wifi to download it. New content won't show up till thursday, but you can configure your MP decks blindly at least :D

Two more summon tickets for completing the silent ruins fully when that opens up.

I'm sitting at 8, so I'll probably buy the magicite box and two jobs with my saved magicite after clearing the ruins. I'd like to get a rogue class to join my warrior/blm.

Add to the list of fools who read about the new update and used all my summon tickets despite the new jobs not being out. Well got myself Warrior (eww 3* speed), Dark Knight and White Mage. I can swear the in-game posts had no available from 1st September plastered on them...

The idea of gacha getting cards earlier is interesting though am I right in understanding that makes summon tickets the only way to get the FFRK cards? (which would mean the inevitable gacha exclusive cards apocalypse has already happened)

Add to the list of fools who read about the new update and used all my summon tickets despite the new jobs not being out. Well got myself Warrior (eww 3* speed), Dark Knight and White Mage. I can swear the in-game posts had no available from 1st September plastered on them...

The idea of gacha getting cards earlier is interesting though am I right in understanding that makes summon tickets the only way to get the FFRK cards? (which would mean the inevitable gacha exclusive cards apocalypse has already happened)

I'm not sure about all the cards being released with this update, but I believe you get a Tyro card from the multiplayer fight, as well as mats to augment it. And it gives wall, barrier and veil (? I'm actually not sure as I can't find the link I found the info from, but I'm pretty sure it's a combination of three beneficial effects using heart orbs)

Victrix

*beard*
The FFRK cards are up in the air.

I actually like the way they're doing the normal ones (timed exclusive basically).

Means the whales who care about rankings the week(s) that the items are exclusive will buy buy buy to get them, but everyone else who could give two figs can just wait a bit and then pick them up for ability tickets and farm to max them out like usual.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see time limited, draw only cards though. Why make $60 when you can make $600.

Falk

that puzzling face

This feels like feedback that should be provided to them via w/e social media they're using. Kinda shitty considering how rare summon tickets are.

Razmos

Yeah it's an event calendar, which clearly has the dates displayed. I don't know how they could make it any more obvious. It's user error and nothing else.

Just read more carefully in the future.

Cynar

My graphics have been messed up for a few days now. Resetting the phone hasn't helped. The textures look really weird and basic and the characters have no pupils. Anyone know what's up?
Clear data and cache and login again. It'll fix it. It's a bug with new Android 7 update at least for me.

Dreavus

Switched back to F2P White mage and the little extra defence along with a healing ultimate is making all the difference for me right now. I think I'm going to focus on getting my gacha WM a little higher after getting Sapling X for the extra speed.

I was originally going to try and work up one of each class, but the rarity of growstars makes that hard. You can only choose a couple attacks to get up to 4* so you want to make them count and not spread out too much.

Showing the new jobs "early", even with the date there, is kind of lame, I could see how people could miss it pretty easily. Just need to watch carefully because I know other gacha games do the same thing (detail new stuff in an in-game news post but not have it actually up until a bit later).

Razmos

Yes god forbid they show us what's coming before it happens lmao. At least the game has a schedule which is clearly displayed so we can plan a month in advance. I don't see how it's worth criticism at all when it is something more gacha games should have.

This almost happened to me as well but I saw that the new cards weren't added to the Ability Shop yet (was looking for Alexander), so I re-read the notice and bam.. there it was, underlined in big pink letters

Dreavus

Yes god forbid they show us what's coming before it happens lmao. At least the game has a schedule which is clearly displayed so we can plan a month in advance. I don't see how it's worth criticism at all when it is something more gacha games should have.

True. I guess it's easy to get excited lol.

I foolishly spent all my tickets even before this so I didn't even have the chance to make that mistake!

Quonny

Something I really appreciate is how I can auto-battle and still succeed but if I actually play I get basically double the rewards. So if I notice my stamina is high but I'm busy I can still accomplish something, but if I have time I can really get some good advancement in.

Victrix

*beard*
Something I really appreciate is how I can auto-battle and still succeed but if I actually play I get basically double the rewards. So if I notice my stamina is high but I'm busy I can still accomplish something, but if I have time I can really get some good advancement in.

I thought (and liked) this at first as well. And it's true for the first while.

... unfortunately it starts to fall apart with the way the numbers scale.

To unlock the last few panels of black mage, I need in excess of 100k water seeds.

Getting 12x rewards every single time with a deck loaded to the gills with water seeds on 402 hard at rank 34, I need to maintain that reward level and win every fight for something like two hundred battles. That's 1000 stamina for those of you keeping count at home, if I win every single time, and get that reward level, every single time.

It's even worse if I run into auto battle trouble (which I was, a lot with blm), and have to go do something that costs more stam or gives 6x-9x instead of 12x.

I don't know about you, but I can't maintain that level of concentration for that many fights on manual, much less enjoyment.

I'm really hoping that the new daily seed dungeons help with this, because otherwise the grind to unlock jobs fully is truly excessive (obviously in service of selling unlock cards in the shop of course, but I'm ok with 'some grind if f2p' not 'holy shit are you kidding me' levels of grind).

We'll see, I'm waiting to see how this months events shake out.

Quonny

Not to excuse it, but the grind in this is nothing compared to some others.

Let's take a look at Granblue Fantasy.

You need 24-30 of a specific weapon to maximize a weapon pool, which is essentially all of your damage and somewhat analogous to maxing a job in Mobius. To get these weapons, you need to either kill a raid boss which takes 250 minutes of stamina recovery (and thus need help from others) and have it drop the weapon (~2% chance for non-dark/light, <1% for dark/light) OR save up renown, a currency that caps weekly but requires 12-18 non-autoable fights a day to hit that cap (each fight by the way costs 125 minutes worth of stamina). You can buy a weapon roughly every two weeks if you actually play the game for about an hour a day, every day.

You need 24+ of these weapons, and that's not even the worst grind in the game. Oh, and the kicker? You cannot auto any of these fights until you have ~10 of those weapons, and even then, you can only auto the easy bosses that you're specifically built against that give renown. Those are the easy ones too, not the raid bosses that actually drop the weapons at a piss-poor rate.

I wish I could auto 500 battles in Granblue and get my weapons maxed, even for just one element. The grind in this is nothing compared to that.

I have a White Mage and a Dark Knight. My Dark Knight is my auto champion, whereas if I'm playing I play my White Mage. Best of both worlds.

Top Bottom