• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Umibozu

If you have ability tickets to burn it's also easier just to max your cards abilities and skillseeds by doing boost fusions rather than fusing your commons.

I think I get what you're saying. You don't have to Fusion a lowbie card to Augment it. Augmenting is what you want to do to get them to 3*. You are wasting your time/money by Fusion-ing them before 3*.
Oh, I know they don't need to be maxed to Augment, but I was just doing it anyway figuring it was the best use for duplicates.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Pejo

So I just read the multiplayer guide posted here and I think I have a better handle on Red Mage's role in the ordeal. It looks like ideally I want to focus on buff/heal/debuff cards in that order, rather than worrying about doing any direct damage.

Thinking back to my earlier statement, I think I will forego buying any extra growstars right now, and focus instead on buying and leveling up buff cards with ability tickets. It looks like I will be able to do my job without any issues with max'd 3* Support cards, if I'm reading that correctly.

Also found out in a related post on that thread that I should be focusing on my Knight class for farming skillseeds for some reason.

Does anyone have a breakdown of what I should be doing as Knight to get the best skillseeds per stamina? It seems to be based on tanking hits, but which skill cards (if any) do I want for that? Is there maybe a quick guide somewhere to get the build set up?

Falk

that puzzling face
But that's not relevant until the commons are 3★, right? I'm not there yet.

well, if you get your 2* thingoo to 3* at 4/4, you start off with a 4/6 ability :V

Does anyone have a breakdown of what I should be doing as Knight to get the best skillseeds per stamina? It seems to be based on tanking hits, but which skill cards (if any) do I want for that? Is there maybe a quick guide somewhere to get the build set up?

The previous build I was going after had to do with Brotherhood and Autoattacking. Xetherion pointed out a couple of pages back that there's a much better one basically with 3 PuPus and a support card for perpetual motion healing. (Knight takes much less damage than most other classes)

Pejo

well, if you get your 2* thingoo to 3* at 4/4, you start off with a 4/6 ability :V

The previous build I was going after had to do with Brotherhood and Autoattacking. Xetherion pointed out a couple of pages back that there's a much better one basically with 3 PuPus and a support card for perpetual motion healing. (Knight takes much less damage than most other classes)

Cool, I'm trying out the PuPu/Support method, but I might start out 2 of each to get started, since my knight is only on skill card 3 at the moment. I just bought Fat Chocobro so I'll level him up at the same time. Would you recommend Drain or Cait Sith as my healer card? Also, should I be using the default Knight weapon, or Brotherhood/other options?

*Edit* Tried with a bunch of different card combinations and I just keep dying. Not sure how this is supposed to work. hmm.

Quonny

Ground out 30K fire seeds today, only another 30K to go till dark lord! *sob*

JTLTF2E.jpg

The life.

Arkeband

Banned
I wasn't sure if I wanted to focus on Ranger, Hunter or WHM, but I pulled RDM the other day and he's really fun, it's just too bad he dies if the enemy blows on him. Currently grinding him out to get at least his level 3 weapon, it seems like it will be useful for other classes even if I don't stick with RDM.

Quonny

It's insane how much stronger you get by unlocking the fourth tree.

And it's extra insane how much stronger you get than THAT by unlocking your final class.

WarAdept

Ack, the stupid mob that gives the Ice Sword card are all hiding behind the Master Arena and it's not a guaranteed encounter.

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

ReaperXL7

I'm just about ready to be a dedicated breaker for MP, I've gotten just about every ranger job available from the job Gacha except for assassin. I really like Thief and Hunter the most, my one issue with Thief other then it's low def is the fact that they missed an opportunity but not giving the ultimate a % chance of stealing a material card from mobs.

I'm debating on whether to stay in the Silent Ruins and pump up much needed Water Seeds or finish up Chapter 2.

Lol it wasn't by choice, my original goal was to focus on Mage but I've only gotten White. Every other job I've gotten has been ranger, kind of sucks that there are too many ranger cards that don't have reliably farmable material cards.
I've been building up my White Mage and he's pretty awesome, I just wish my weapon didn't push out so many earth orbs.

Celegus

Both of my jobs are mage, so that first pack looks pretty sweet. Hopefully people are okay with a Red Mage support and don't insist on only White Mage?

Razmos

I'm definitely gonna get one of the packs so that my knight can draw in attacks for multiplayer, and for the (once again ridiculous) Sentinels Grimoire

ReaperXL7

Any information of what the abilities for ifrit Sicarius are? It's exclusive to the MP zone but I can't find any information on what its effects are, bonus is that there is a version of it for Warrior, Mage and Ranger.

So how is everybody spending their excess magicite (over the monthly box, natch)?

It looks like I'll have a little over 1000 to play with and I'm thinking a Silver Opener pack is looking really good at the moment.

So how is everybody spending their excess magicite (over the monthly box, natch)?

It looks like I'll have a little over 1000 to play with and I'm thinking a Silver Opener pack is looking really good at the moment.

It's not a bad idea, though in the longer term growstars might be better or saving up for extra gacha pulls isn't a bad idea either (if you want to pull jobs, which I am currently saving for).

Xetherion

Saving it for now, might use it for Growstars eventually. I generally only use limited currency on stuff you can't get anywhere else, and Openers are basically just seed packs. We can get Growstars too from daily login completion, but that's a really slow rate so i might be willing to spend magicite for them.

Uthred

Unlocked Dark Lord but honestly at this point it just feels too grindy, there is very little game any more, "play" sessions are just grinding skill seeds on auto (because you need so many manual isnt feasible).

ReaperXL7

Unlocked Dark Lord but honestly at this point it just feels too grindy, there is very little game any more, "play" sessions are just grinding skill seeds on auto (because you need so many manual isnt feasible).

The multiplayer should breath some life back into things, we also have some new events coming up soon. I agree that they need to start releasing more for the normal campaign though

Falk

that puzzling face
..........................................................................................................give me back my summon tickets

Razmos

Multiplayer mode trailer released earlier today

We are getting Tyro and Ifrit (FFX) today and Shiva (FFX) in the near future.

Also mysterious female NPC spotted. I was hoping it was a hint of a female playable character but it doesn't look like it.

That being said I think Wol being male is kinda important to the story in this case as Sarah
seems like a straight up manipulative bitch who uses her feminine ways to guilt trip and manipulate Wol into doing her bidding
(Personal speculation!)

Falk

that puzzling face
The entire plot is a messed up version of FF1 so far

Garland is a bro

Also getting Mario'd at the first castle lol

Garland is a bro

Garland best wingman.

Also, this gacha is very reasonable. The fact that the cards are guaranteed makes this ok in my book. This might actually be the first time I buy something in a gacha game ever.

Victrix

*beard*
$20 for six cards doesn't strike me as reasonable :D

Also just found out these cards apparently can't be raised to 4* for some reason :|

Pejo

Oh great Sentinel Grimoire ruins another game

I couldn't help but laugh and then think this too. At least there's no "chance" to get this one, you can just straight up buy it. I'm sure if people had that option in FFRK, they'd do it.

Still, it seems like it's really going to kill multiplayer deck diversity, at least for healers.

That said, as a Red Mage, I'm getting it.

When you unlock the job change at the end of skill panel 4 for the gacha jobs, does it open up 4 new pages of skill panels, or is that all there is for current content for that job?

ReaperXL7

Garland is a bro

For some reason I felt like this was supposed to be a prequel to FF, maybe like a creation story or the story of the first warrior of light?

Anyway, I'll be curious what the story is for the Chocopocolypse event. I think in general this is my favorite mobile game overall, it would either be this or SAO memory defrag.

Celegus

I have 12 tickets saved up, so I'll probably get the first pack since I'm going to mostly play Red Mage. Only have a couple panels on page 4 unlocked though, some of those are pretty daunting. Slowly but surely figuring out the scoring and getting some better drops.

Falk

that puzzling face
So correct me if I'm wrong, but you can farm drops to trade for cards as an alternative to the card packs?

edit: lmao this is as bad as trying to join coop rooms in gbf

edit2: Okay, getting the hang of it. Cards still need to be bought with summon tickets with the exception of Tyro. The upgrade mats are the ones you buy with drops (other than a wholesale Tyro)

Falk

that puzzling face
Multiplayer is surprisingly good. Each role, played well, adds a non-insignificant contribution to winning.

Top Bottom