• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Multiplayer is surprisingly good. Each role, played well, adds a non-insignificant contribution to winning.
Is it worth jumping in if I haven't finished Chapter 2 and started the augment grind?

I'm white mage, which will apparently be needed, but only just opened my fourth panel (and will never be able to afford the unlocks there hoo boy).

Falk

that puzzling face
1* Tyro and Ifrit are pretty chill. But I think unless you're running out of single player stamina it's still better to make a beeline for Ch2 end just to unlock features.

There's definitely a rhythm to this that separates deadweight from people who know how the party is supposed to function -

- Attack roles deal more damage with abilities (mag boost)
- Break roles break far, FAR faster (break boost)
- Defend roles have increased HP, and driving applies the benefit to entire party, meaning element resist AND curing with life orbs
- Healer roles generate more life orbs, and buffs are buffga that affect the whole party.

The healer class (WHM etc) really, REALLY needs life orbs to buff and heal the party, so if the party is being dumb and not letting healer go first to empty out the other orbs (drive or w/e) he's going to be stuck there casting boosts/barriers/etc one round too late.

Ditto break classes - for them, having the right color orbs for a staggered nuke phase is secondary to spamming normal attacks to break the boss as soon as possible (which also translates into generally going last). Sure, they can do damage, but that's pointless when letting the boss get off extra turns, and the attack role guy is going to vastly outdamage anyway, esp. in break.

ReaperXL7

Can't decide which pack I want to pick up, I know the first had a solid support card but the second has a ranger card that I think could be pretty strong also.....Multiplayer is definitely a lot of fun though. I like that each content drop tends to be pretty meaty on its own instead of tiny updates that can be completed in an hour or two

Falk

that puzzling face
I think multiplayer is going to end up being the majority of people's time with the game, considering you can get skillseeds for zero stam if you're willing to leech.

(Of course, it can't be autobattled like First Exploration)

1* Tyro and Ifrit are pretty chill. But I think unless you're running out of single player stamina it's still better to make a beeline for Ch2 end just to unlock features.
Yeah, I've been meaning to do that when I could actually sit down and enjoy it, but it looks like that ain't happening so I'm just picking at it in the background at work.

Falk

that puzzling face
I uh...

the stars aligned, I started with Boost and 5 attacks, Break guy managed to take the boss right to break, and the black mage did like 70k 50k 70k 70k. (wtf)

edit: I'm in his room again. That explains it - Water pupu, magic boost, power boost, Blizzard 4*

Uthred

Not really sure what I should be doing in MP as a Dark Knight, doesnt help that it seems fire cards heal Ifrit? so its basically water or wind which are sadly unaugmented.

Can't decide which pack I want to pick up, I know the first had a solid support card but the second has a ranger card that I think could be pretty strong also.....Multiplayer is definitely a lot of fun though. I like that each content drop tends to be pretty meaty on its own instead of tiny updates that can be completed in an hour or two

Seems the price of the packs are being dropped to 3 tickets/1500 magicite (previous purchases will be refunded)

ReaperXL7

Not really sure what I should be doing in MP as a Dark Knight, doesnt help that it seems fire cards heal Ifrit? so its basically water or wind which are sadly unaugmented.

Seems the price of the packs are being dropped to 3 tickets/1500 magicite (previous purchases will be refunded)

Seems like that's going to be an issue at some point for everyone depending on the events primary element. I've been feeding Hunter and Thief all of my skill seeds so that I have every element except for Light/Dark covered but the skillseed requirement to get both to max is pretty daunting.

That's awesome about the pack prices. I just need one more smn ticket for both.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can't remember if you already got your gift box.

If that's close it might be better to just get what you need to nab it then use the 6 summon tickets for the packs.

I can't remember if you already got your gift box.

If that's close it might be better to just get what you need to nab it then use the 6 summon tickets for the packs.
Yeah, I'm nine or ten days until next eligibility.

I still kind of want to attempt for a ranger card, but first rule of fight club, yadda yadda (which is not as relevant in this game, as eventually you WILL win).

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm done with PUGs. I don't think I've ever been this exasperated with people who literally have no idea what they were doing since I played WoW and that was half a decade ago.

Reddit's discord channel is a great place to get organized groups though.

Pejo

Fuck people not letting support go first

It's on the NE Facebook page

Yea I already feel kinda useless as a healer on RDM in Multi, but it's even worse when everyone locks up before I can drive away all those elemental orbs. Sitting there with 9 earth orbs isn't helping anyone.

I think it's just that people don't really understand how multi works yet.

Falk

that puzzling face
only 9

9MhbqV5l.jpg

(talk about bad RNG lol support orb+ is a lie)

Falk

that puzzling face
p.s. I don't think the prices are dropping to 1500 per pack, by the way. The facebook post mentions compensation, but it does seem to be because there was not enough information about the cards (can't be augmented). I don't explicitly see any statement that the price is going to be permanently 1500. The statement does mention compensation for people buying on the 11th and onwards, but that seems tedious and non-permanent?

[About Card FFRK]
Multi-effective Support Cards:
- Aerith & Tifa: FFRK
- Tyro: FFRK

Attack Ability Cards:
- Vanille & Fang: FFRK
- 4 Warriors of Light: FFRK
- Tidus & Jecht: FFRK

1. About the No Augmentable Cards
Since it is not a regular rule that all cards can be augmented, we did not make a specific note on this before.Currently some players feel confused on the feature for such no argumentable cards. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that we brought. Also we will mark the no argumentable cards specifically in the future.

2. The reason for the cards being no argumentable
These cards are very powerful ones, thus they cannot be augmented, since we don't want to harmonize the balance with other cards. Players who do not receive these cards in a short time, are hardly to compete with players who own those cards, if such cards can be augmented into 4 stars. Hope you could understand.

3. Compensation on buying the cards
For players who summon FFRK before 23:59 on 10. September:
- 3 summon tickets will be provided as compensation for 1 summon
For players who summon FFRK from 11. September:
- We will collect all the players' information and send the compensation. It would probably take some days to send those tickets.
We apologize again for the insufficient information about the cards, that caused some inconvenience within players. For further info, we will try our best to clarify the information detailed. Thank you very much for your understanding

Uthred

Fun MP battle there where nobody ressed, sadly I didnt manage to one man Ifrit. It's sort of funny/sad seeing posts outlining how MP works on the Japanese server compared to the usual selfish shitshow that global is.

Pejo

I'm starting to regret buying these FFRK cards. With nobody allowing me to go first, my orbs keep getting filled with elemental instead of support orbs, and trying to get 4 orbs to activate the cards in that situation is almost impossible. I think I'm better off just going for the 2 orb single effect cards and calling it a day.

Might also switch over to my Black Mage for a bit and see how I like that role.

Razmos

Getting my Fang and Vanille card to max ability level is gonna take forever lol. 6 Tyro defeats to get one skill book that even from level 1-2 to was only 80%

So that means I'm going to have to get 2 of them for the next level, which is 12 kills.

Then maybe 3 for the next one, which is a further 18 kills and it goes up to level 6 lol.

Might just get as far as I can and then level up the rest of the way with ability tickets

Falk

that puzzling face
Stop doing PUGs. You'll cry yourself to sleep.

JkU2ylm.png

Just imagine every time you PUG you'll end up with this guy and two of the people who thumbsed it.

Razmos

One of the attackers in my party always used Element Drive for all 3 of his elements every time the enemy was broke.

:/

I remember why I hate multiplayer in games, you have to deal with people

Falk

that puzzling face
very awesome PUG things:

- first turn, break guy spams 3 attacks and goes first. Grats. You made it, you're #1
- entire party drives, 2nd turn no one has orbs
- DANK WHITE MAGE DPS FOR 15k A HIT (the attackers were capped at 9999, RIP)

Pejo

Stop doing PUGs. You'll cry yourself to sleep.

very awesome PUG things:

- first turn, break guy spams 3 attacks and goes first. Grats. You made it, you're #1
- entire party drives, 2nd turn no one has orbs
- DANK WHITE MAGE DPS FOR 15k A HIT (the attackers were capped at 9999, RIP)

Take your advice man!

I haven't done any 2* Ifrits yet, so even with idiots in PUGs I'm still able to win.

What's the difference in rewards between 1* and 2* Ifrit anyways?

Falk

that puzzling face
Those bullet points were what made me throw the towel on pugs and hit up Reddit's discord channel.

As far as I can tell, 2* battle will give you one of the 2* drop and one of the 1* drop. Hosting doubles that.

If you notice, most of the trade-ins let you choose what currency you want to buy it with. the Armor generally trades for higher value.

ReaperXL7

MP is a lot of fun when things are going right, it's hard to get really mad because it's the first day and the game doesn't explain some of the nuances of how things should work but the differences between when people understand what they are doing and when they don't are very noticeable.

Dreavus

Nice, didn't realize MP was already coming out. I have a decently seeded WHM (I'm on the fourth panel but not super deep into it yet).

I might need to spend some tickets on maxing out support cards because it seems tough to find those "gold" mobs that drop the augments for those. I have skillseeds unlocked and have most of them leveled up, but the skill is still sitting at level 1. I'm guessing things like Barrier and Faith are good for the party?

Falk

that puzzling face
I did my support mob farm mainly in the cactuar area. Got the ones that I need (Boost, Faith, Cure, Barrier) to 3* then spent a few rounds in there.

I didn't notice while playing last night, but does anyone know if the criticals from the ranger extra skills also give orbs to the party?

Celegus

I did my support mob farm mainly in the cactuar area. Got the ones that I need (Boost, Faith, Cure, Barrier) to 3* then spent a few rounds in there.

Did you buy the support FFRK cards? Are they worth using in comparison to the cheaper single effect cards? I might just grind out the shrine too and buff those up, the new ones don't seem to be super impressive from what I've read.

These mantis claws are awful though, he keeps hiding in level 3 of the temple and I have to use like 25 stamina for one battle against him.

Did you buy the support FFRK cards? Are they worth using in comparison to the cheaper single effect cards? I might just grind out the shrine too and buff those up, the new ones don't seem to be super impressive from what I've read.

These mantis claws are awful though, he keeps hiding in level 3 of the temple and I have to use like 25 stamina for one battle against him.

The new supports arent that good due to cost and uptime, but the new skill they're adding to refund a life orb helps. They'll probably shine when they can be augmented to 5.

As for Mantis, yeah it's annoying. Just hope that if he spawns in inner 3, he'll spawn in inner 2 next. I've gotten a 3 cycle loop once from that.

Celegus

I thought they said the FFRK cards will not be augmentable, even in the future? The messaging on these has been really confusing (hence the 50% refund). If they can be augmented later down the line I'll definitely grab them, but I thought that wasn't the case.

I guess I'm not missing out with multiplayer. Pretty interesting that they released multiplayer near wind orb day (which is what I neeeeeeed).

Uthred

Feeling that 9999 cap guilt with my Dark Lord in MP when Black mage's are blowing Ifrit away. Tried to "farm" Imperial Lich but the Arena is pretty much bullshit for farming.

Edit: Seems the Chocobo event will have an Ice Sword minion so might try using my third panel WM in MP till then. What are people running with their WM? Thinking Yuna, Tyro, Red+Blue PuPu?

Falk

that puzzling face
Edit: Seems the Chocobo event will have an Ice Sword minion so might try using my third panel WM in MP till then. What are people running with their WM? Thinking Yuna, Tyro, Red+Blue PuPu?

Depends on the group. If I feel I can risk it, Yuna/Barrier/Faith/Blizzara 4*. Otherwise replace Faith with Fire PuPu for added tankiness and DPS are on their own for damage buffing.

I thought they said the FFRK cards will not be augmentable, even in the future? The messaging on these has been really confusing (hence the 50% refund). If they can be augmented later down the line I'll definitely grab them, but I thought that wasn't the case.

Don't completely trust me on the augmenting thing, because as you said their messaging has been confusing. All i know is that in JP they go up to 5 star, and I feel as though it would be shitty to never let them go to 5 star (even 4 star) in the future. The refund now makes sense considering we have 4 star cards, and we can 4 star everything except for these cards.

@Uthred if you really want it now, could just boost fusion it to max with 60 ability cards if you can spare

SoulUnison

Banned
Inventory management in this game is hell.
I have the max storage space and it's always a ridiculous slog to have to fuse down what I have when it fills up. Having to change sorts and check seeds and abilities and keep track of what's fodder and what you're saving up for a chance at an ability upgrade. It's all just...Argh.

And then it's hard to even tell when it's truly ok to mark something "auto-sell."

Just really stressful stuff, and you can't get back to the game without dealing with it somehow.

Uthred

@Uthred if you really want it now, could just boost fusion it to max with 60 ability cards if you can spare

64 cards to max it to lvl 6, then two growstars and then however many cards it takes to get from 6-8 which is when you get the 9999 break passive I believe. Don't think its worth the investment when I can wait a week and grind it out next weekend.

64 cards to max it to lvl 6, then two growstars and then however many cards it takes to get from 6-8 which is when you get the 9999 break passive I believe. Don't think its worth the investment when I can wait a week and grind it out next weekend.

Ooh you didn't buy it maxed? Yeah 6-8 is 60 cards, so in total it would be 124 :/ yeah i would suggest waiting it out

Inventory management in this game is hell.
I have the max storage space and it's always a ridiculous slog to have to fuse down what I have when it fills up. Having to change sorts and check seeds and abilities and keep track of what's fodder and what you're saving up for a chance at an ability upgrade. It's all just...Argh.

And then it's hard to even tell when it's truly ok to mark something "auto-sell."

Just really stressful stuff, and you can't get back to the game without dealing with it somehow.

Some tips that work for me:

-Lock one of each card

-Focus on fusing abilities of that card to their max, then put them on auto sell. Once you augment the card, turn the auto sell off until you max the ability again.

-Move all the augment materials and cactaur to the bank. You can fuse cards from the bank as long as it's not the base card. In fact, make liberal use of the bank.

-Don't bother with augmenting the large enemies, unless you are planning on augmenting a gacha card of the same ability to 4*. or you want to be a completionist.

SoulUnison

Banned
Some tips that work for me:

-Lock one of each card

-Focus on fusing abilities of that card to their max, then put them on auto sell. Once you augment the card, turn the auto sell off until you max the ability again.

-Move all the augment materials and cactaur to the bank. You can fuse cards from the bank as long as it's not the base card. In fact, make liberal use of the bank.

-Don't bother with augmenting the large enemies, unless you are planning on augmenting a gacha card of the same ability to 4*. or you want to be a completionist.

I do all of these already. I lock a new card the second it shows up for catalog completion, then I pump all my junk cards into ability and skill seed improvements.

ReaperXL7

At this point due to having gotten pretty much all of the currently available ranger cards I've put all except for ranger cards and Aug mats on auto sell. I'm sure I'll hate myself whenever Summoner is an available job and if I ever draw it but that's a ways away since as far as I've seen SMN isn't even in the Japanese version yet.

I am kind of curious about the monk jobs since they seem to work differently then the rest but I've gotten pretty good in the breaker role while playing MP all day so I'll probably stick with it.

I was kind of sad after I realized the 10k skill seeds and Aug mats were one time purchase items :(

Golnei

Can we agree that the Dark Knight has the ugliest costume of any job currently in the game? It looks okay in the art (and I guess the colour-shifted brand looks nice enough), but the ingame model is mostly a hideous indistinct purple mess. The gulf between it and the regular Knight is enormous despite sharing a great deal of the model.

Falk

that puzzling face
I do all of these already. I lock a new card the second it shows up for catalog completion, then I pump all my junk cards into ability and skill seed improvements.

I had to bump mine to 125

It became 'kind of manageable' especially when I started getting done done with certain cards. But now with new cards that I'm actively using (MP, etc) it's filling up again, lol

Arkeband

Banned
I'm determined to make Red Mage work.

Unfortunately I can't farm fire mage cards anywhere so I'm basically fucked in that department.

Top Bottom