• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Xetherion

Can we agree that the Dark Knight has the ugliest costume of any job currently in the game? It looks okay in the art (and I guess the colour-shifted brand looks nice enough), but the ingame model is mostly a hideous indistinct purple mess. The gulf between it and the regular Knight is enormous despite sharing a great deal of the model.

No, we can't agree. I think the Dark Knight looks awesome.

ReaperXL7

I'm determined to make Red Mage work.

Unfortunately I can't farm fire mage cards anywhere so I'm basically fucked in that department.

Don't feel too bad, I have the same issue with Earth and Fire ranger cards. I'm pretty sure the next story zone has the mats we need.

Okay, Chapter 2 is done, working on Pupu now, I think I'm one material away from having all I need, then it's just finding a million gils.

After that, gather materials to augment common cards to pump up my main cards, I think.

It's been a quiet day (so far) at the weekend job so I may burn some elixirs too.

Falk

that puzzling face
8DPBRsul.jpg

Holy shit

Celegus

I definitely will once I'm a little more comfortable. Feel kind of bad as Red Mage though since I can't bring water pupu for Ifrit.

8DPBRsul.jpg

Holy shit

Can DKs do this too with Jecht shot? Haven't really seen many that can deal too much damage. (Although i don't think I've met one with faith and jecht shot yet..). But every mage I've come across always has the ideal setup (saw 130k hit once). You really need that amount, otherwise it takes like 10 mins +

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't think you particularly need 130k. If your Attacker can crit for 70k, with proper orb management and teamwork (e.g. your healer actually knows to go last during breaking turn and spam attacks to help regen orbs) you can kill Ifrit in one Break.

Mages gonna cry with Shiva tho. :(

Don't think you particularly need 130k. If your Attacker can crit for 70k, with proper orb management and teamwork (e.g. your healer actually knows to go last during breaking turn and spam attacks to help regen orbs) you can kill Ifrit in one Break.

Mages gonna cry with Shiva tho. :(

Not if they get the ifrit mage card. That thing is nuts.

And yeah sorry I meant in that range. Most of the time they dont have limit break unlocked so it takes a while :/

Since I usually pug, unless the attacker tells hes going last, I usually break last and drive/attack at the end of the break turn since attacks give more orbs when broken.

WarAdept

I need to work on my Dark Knight. I'm still capped at 9999 and need to figure out what cards I need to dedicate for doing damage.

Did a few PUG's of Ifrit 2*. Man some people just don't get the concept of taking adds down first.

I need to work on my Dark Knight. I'm still capped at 9999 and need to figure out what cards I need to dedicate for doing damage.

Did a few PUG's of Ifrit 2*. Man some people just don't get the concept of taking adds down first.

Just spam the attack guard a stamp, does wonders sometimes.

I would get siegfried, moogle (faith up) and jecht shot maxed if possible. Reason for siegfried being to get the yellow bar red. That's the job of the attacker, not the breaker.

You can pass on jecht shot if you don't want to spend money, but you don't need growstars to get limit break, while you do for siegfried. A 3 star siegfried will be enough for yellow to red bar breaking.

Pejo

So what are you guys aiming for for this multiplayer event? I see the Ifrit one is timed, and has less time than the record keeper one. I'm going to get my healer cards max ability level, then try to focus on Ifrit. Not sure what I should be spending those ifrit mats on though. Single target cards? The misc stuff in the shop?

Also, does Ifrit come back down the road? I'd like the fire single target attack for all 3 classes, but that's too much grind for me right now.

Celegus

I'd imagine the bosses like Ifrit rotate, but Tyro is probably gone for good after this. His 2* is coming soon though so that's probably the better time to fight him. I got all the misc stuff like ability tickets and seeds and dumped the rest into my mage Ifrit card. Level 4/6 with the first hidden skill so far! I'll finally be able to join the cool kids and their 9999+ club soon. I didn't buy the RK cards though so I dunno about those.

Pejo

So I guess they announced that they're going to be making the FFRK event cards Augmentable to their 4* version in this event. Fuck. Even more grinding that I don't have time for. It takes Tyro and Tifa+Aerith cards down to 3 life orbs to activate at 4* though...damn that's powerful.

I just don't have the time to sit and actively play multiplayer with my schedule. Is there a way to use NPCs for multiplayer yet? Maybe I can find a setup that requires minimal input that I can at least solo the 1* with.

I just don't have the time to sit and actively play multiplayer with my schedule. Is there a way to use NPCs for multiplayer yet? Maybe I can find a setup that requires minimal input that I can at least solo the 1* with.

I don't have it in front of me, but you can make your own party and toggle through the party slots until your decks come up.

Celegus

Yep you can do multi by yourself. Haven't tried it myself since I don't have a large pool of jobs. The reddit discord channel is a godsend though, every group I've been in is a 4 minute clear of Ifrit 2*.

Kenai

So I read the OT and not to be mean but it left me with a lot of unanswered questions

So, to not be one of *those* people now that MP is out:

After doing the pulls I did early and not knowing what i am really doing, my best job *seems* to be Mage due to getting a pretty strong maxed out 4* card (Maduin). Unless I am hitting weakness nothing else on any of my jobs comes close, BUT Whm has no Wind element + being a healer/buffer in this games seems like another can of worms.

I did most of the events so i have at least some PuPu cards ect but I am not actually sure how to use them properly.

What should I focus on most: the new packs, or job cards (I only have the basic ones + Warrior unlocked) or...? I feel so lost. Even a for Dummies style guide link would help. I am farming Skillseeds to unlock more stuff but that takes literally forever and i don't want to skip out on stuff going on now.

Celegus

Woo finally broke a million tonight (almost 1.2m)! Good enough for rank 350 when I got it, though I'm sure I'll get bumped down quite a bit.

Pejo

So I read the OT and not to be mean but it left me with a lot of unanswered questions

So, to not be one of *those* people now that MP is out:

After doing the pulls I did early and not knowing what i am really doing, my best job *seems* to be Mage due to getting a pretty strong maxed out 4* card (Maduin). Unless I am hitting weakness nothing else on any of my jobs comes close, BUT Whm has no Wind element + being a healer/buffer in this games seems like another can of worms.

I did most of the events so i have at least some PuPu cards ect but I am not actually sure how to use them properly.

What should I focus on most: the new packs, or job cards (I only have the basic ones + Warrior unlocked) or...? I feel so lost. Even a for Dummies style guide link would help. I am farming Skillseeds to unlock more stuff but that takes literally forever and i don't want to skip out on stuff going on now.

Here's what I used a few weeks ago when I started to get up to speed.
https://ww.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4xs0mb/mobiusff_wikiguides_megathread/

I'd get a job you like because the first one is a hell of a grind to max out, which should be your goal if you wanna make farming easier and enjoy the multiplayer without bringing down the team. Don't make the mistake I did and use your beginner Growstars on Cone abilities, go single target. Also, there was some good advice I read about getting some of the MAX BOOST cards from the ability card shop that only cost 9 ability cards at max. These have buffs/debuffs that make getting through the early story a lot easier, but can't be upgraded. I'm not an expert at this game yet, but that's a good way to get started.

As far as the time gated stuff, the PuPu cards are good to have a 4* of each element, some people go nuts with multiples of each and then extras for later cards, but I hear the PuPu come back to us when Dark/Light cards are released, so don't stress too hard about it. Tyro cards are really good, if you have the magicite.

Oh, also, your first magicite purchase should be the gift box, as it pays for itself immediately and gives you tons of bonuses and extra skillseed multipliers.

Hope this helps!

Would you guys recommend 4* the Tyro card or the Tifa/Aerith card as a healer, first? I'm leaning towards Tifa/Aerith personally.

WarAdept

Just spam the attack guard a stamp, does wonders sometimes.

I would get siegfried, moogle (faith up) and jecht shot maxed if possible. Reason for siegfried being to get the yellow bar red. That's the job of the attacker, not the breaker.

You can pass on jecht shot if you don't want to spend money, but you don't need growstars to get limit break, while you do for siegfried. A 3 star siegfried will be enough for yellow to red bar breaking.

I bought a maxed out Siegfried and pumped 2 Growstars into him to make him 4*. Not sure if I should spend tickets to make the ability level 8 so I can get Break Damage limit though (as farming the Arena for Lich cards sounds really really stupid). Can I cheat it with a Estranger?

Will look into Jecht Shot and Moogle.

I now have 6 Summon Cards again. Should I try and attempt to get a Mage job (because I really want to mage) or should I just get the FFRK pack? I mean, I've kinda committed already with the DK and Siegfried 4*...

...but Mages go pew pew.

SoulUnison

Banned
I maxed the Fang and Vanille card and got break Damage Limit on it. Amazing.

I'm too squishy to survive Ifrit II's big attacks, though. Even if someone buffs me I get one-shot.

Another 70,000 seeds or so and I'll make it to Archmage.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you need to equip a Fire PuPu just for the survivability, then you have to.

edit: DKs can pewpew just fine. Being a critlord has its perks.

SoulUnison

Banned
If you need to equip a Fire PuPu just for the survivability, then you have to.

edit: DKs can pewpew just fine. Being a critlord has its perks.

Wait, what does equipping a Fire PuPu do if my job can't generate Fire Orbs?
Am I missing a mechanic, here?

EDIT: Oh, Resist Fire 25% passive.

EDIT: How other people can be in the high 20s of "Player Level" and still apparently not understand how the game works is amazing.
People just seem to attack or use abilities at random, having no idea that the Break Bar/mechanic is something they can actually manipulate and predict.

Pejo

Maxed our my Red Mage to Sorcerer last night, my first max job. Wow job cards really get a power boost from that 4* transformation. I also did a few hours of multiplayer while watching TV. Most of it went pretty smooth for Tyro, but I also did a few rounds of Ifrit to buy up all the misc. time-gated rewards. I was only doing 1* fights since I was casually playing.

One time, I just so happened to get in a group with an AFK breaker and 2 ultra low level attackers, but it was probably the most epic multiplayer battle i've done yet. Since we had no breaker, and the 2 lowbie attackers didn't understand multiplayer, it took forever, and they died 2-3 times a piece, despite me healing every time I had the orbs for it. At the very least, they knew they were probably too low once it happened and kept using the "sorry!" stamp, and actually using Phoenix downs to res themselves. I was doing most of the damage and break gauge as healer, but I really didn't mind, it was actually really fun. Cheers to them for using the downs and sticking with it.

Anyways, I'm now working on Black Mage and leveling up the Fang & Vanille card. Man it's got some crazy damage. It's really nice to not have to worry about driving and attacking for life orbs anymore. It's so easy to get the right elemental attack orbs in comparison.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm about 30k fire seeds away from maxing my second job (Royal Guard, after Combat Surgeon)

getting 1k+ skillseeds (not of one color) per 5 stam autobattle in Temple Threshold helps, as does 17.5x Ifrit 2* runs.

Pejo

I'm assuming this involved a few Silver/Gold Openers?

Surprisingly no. I wasted all my openers on Thief before I pulled Red Mage, so this was all just grind on PuPu and Temple Threshold, with Tuesdays and Sundays being the real MVP for the bonus fire seeds (there were many, many needed.) I also got a pittance doing 1* Multiplayer, and bought the 10k water and fire seeds from the Moogle Vendor with Ifrit mats.

I was able to get black mage to 3* instantly with the tens of thousands of other elemental seeds I had amassed. Now i'm working on building up unholy amounts of Water seeds.

Looks like maxed out 4* L'cie Brand is one-shotting Ifrit...

Yeah now I know why they didn't want us to augment it so early lol.

Though to be honest, I think people were mad with their miscommunication about whether the cards would EVER be augmentable. They always made it sound like they would never be augmentable, not just only on release to keep power level in check.

Falk

that puzzling face
The funny part is at the root of this is the same issue that plagues virtually all other mobile games - global userbase looking at Japanese sites and planning ahead like Batman.

edit: I'll admit to being a bit salty over spending 2 Growstars right before they announced that those cards were getting 4* much earlier than expected.

WarAdept

getting 1k+ skillseeds (not of one color) per 5 stam autobattle in Temple Threshold helps, as does 17.5x Ifrit 2* runs.

Howwwwwwwwwww. Tell me your secret. I'm autoing Silent Ruins on Hard and following the Red Dragon around and get nowhere near as much.

EDIT: Lol nevermind. I tried Temple Threshold. I'm an idiot for not doing harder stages.

Celegus

Surprisingly no. I wasted all my openers on Thief before I pulled Red Mage, so this was all just grind on PuPu and Temple Threshold, with Tuesdays and Sundays being the real MVP for the bonus fire seeds (there were many, many needed.) I also got a pittance doing 1* Multiplayer, and bought the 10k water and fire seeds from the Moogle Vendor with Ifrit mats.

I was able to get black mage to 3* instantly with the tens of thousands of other elemental seeds I had amassed. Now i'm working on building up unholy amounts of Water seeds.

What did you run in your deck for the fire seeds at the temple threshold? I'm currently trying to max my red mage but man it's taking forever. I could never find a good setup for doing Pupus on hard with him, though I guess that doesn't matter now since it's just about over.

Pejo

What did you run in your deck for the fire seeds at the temple threshold? I'm currently trying to max my red mage but man it's taking forever. I could never find a good setup for doing Pupus on hard with him, though I guess that doesn't matter now since it's just about over.

4* Fire PuPu, 4* Belial (because like a dumbass I wasted growstars on it), Fat Chocobro, then whatever card I wanted to level in the first slot to get the xp bonus. I'd bring either Drain or a mage earth/wind card as my friend card, depending on what was available. When I hit the full 12.5x seed bonus, I was getting over 620 fire seeds per run, independent of the slot 1 card.

I also used a bunch of my elixers since I was sitting on about 35 since launch and it's a super easy thing to afk while you're at work and can't interact much with your phone.

Celegus

4* Fire PuPu, 4* Belial (because like a dumbass I wasted growstars on it), Fat Chocobro, then whatever card I wanted to level in the first slot to get the xp bonus. I'd bring either Drain or a mage earth/wind card as my friend card, depending on what was available. When I hit the full 12.5x seed bonus, I was getting over 620 fire seeds per run, independent of the slot 1 card.

I also used a bunch of my elixers since I was sitting on about 35 since launch and it's a super easy thing to afk while you're at work and can't interact much with your phone.

Aren't the two big guys at the end always fire though? How do you get a decent score with only fire skills? Or was your score crap and made up for it with getting as many +red seeds as possible?

I do the same thing at work, it's glorious.

Pejo

Aren't the two big guys at the end always fire though? How do you get a decent score with only fire skills? Or was your score crap and made up for it with getting as many +red seeds as possible?

I do the same thing at work, it's glorious.

It was a lot more consistent after I got the maxed out rod and Ultimate. Basically every run or every other run I'd have a full super and get mega bonus points for overkill on one of the fire guys at the end, especially if they crit. Also, some of the time I was leveling up the single target and cone stone and aero spells in my card1 slot, which helped. Once you get a bunch of the 4* panel upgrades unlocked, score is pretty consistent no matter what though.

Celegus

Wow does having limit break help a ton. Went from being psyched for my first million score two days ago to my first battle after unlocking limit on Ifrit and getting 2 million with hardly trying. Next battle was 2.8m and good enough for rank 11 on the leaderboard. I'm only halfway through panel 4 and haven't used a growstar on anything, so I can't wait to see how high I can get it.

I'm farming materials to 3★ all the droppable support cards, probably not what I should be doing but I guess that will be one of my jobs as a White Mage.

I can buy a new Mobius Box this weekend, will have to scatter my plans if I draw a ranger card.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's a medium term goal, but the future-proof stuff are Support cards that cast 2 or 3 abilities at once. Tyro, Aerith+Tifa, etc.

I have all the ones that don't require Molten Heads at 3*

Pejo

It's a medium term goal, but the future-proof stuff are Support cards that cast 2 or 3 abilities at once. Tyro, Aerith+Tifa, etc.

I have all the ones that don't require Molten Heads at 3*

Also, that Fal'cie Ice card is still top tier damage in JP, from what I've read. I'm going to 4* it and Black Mage isn't even my main job.

Pejo

Wow does having limit break help a ton. Went from being psyched for my first million score two days ago to my first battle after unlocking limit on Ifrit and getting 2 million with hardly trying. Next battle was 2.8m and good enough for rank 11 on the leaderboard. I'm only halfway through panel 4 and haven't used a growstar on anything, so I can't wait to see how high I can get it.

I gotta ask, what level and deck are you running to get that score? I get pretty consistent 200-300k farming the Temple Threshold, but I still don't have a good plan for getting my weekly rank score yet.

Celegus

I gotta ask, what level and deck are you running to get that score? I get pretty consistent 200-300k farming the Temple Threshold, but I still don't have a good plan for getting my weekly rank score yet.

I had a wind pupu, fire pupu, moogle and ifrit sicarius. Player level 33 as red mage (don't even have maxed weapon), I was just chasing the Killer Mantis around chapter 2 for augment mats. No clue if there's a better place than that, but it was working pretty well for me.

Oh god, chocobo one shot me on Hard after doing brave, faith and it's attack.

Don't get them angry D: They're very difficult on hard mode.

Top Bottom