• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Anyone find it weird that in the silent ruins, for the wandering boss areas (the loops, excluding golems), the areas with bosses are yellow instead of red? (1.5 instead of 2.5x) seems weird to me because I thought the addition of a boss would up the difficulty, and the difficulty of those areas without the boss is 2x.

Feel like it's a bug. Also, anyone find a preferrable area to auto instead of pupus in this? I find the later areas with golems to be pretty good.

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess it also highly depends on what elements your main is. If half the mobs are vulnerable to an element your class can't use and nuke with, the score is going to suck regardless.

But the unfortunate bottom line in terms of autobattling is that overkilling counts for the lion's share of total score, meaning Mage classes need to micromanage buffs/debuffs to hit 10k+ on nearly dead mobs, while Knights just auto-ultimate everything accidentally and get huge numbers.

I guess it also highly depends on what elements your main is. If half the mobs are vulnerable to an element your class can't use and nuke with, the score is going to suck regardless.

But the unfortunate bottom line in terms of autobattling is that overkilling counts for the lion's share of total score, meaning Mage classes need to micromanage buffs/debuffs to hit 10k+ on nearly dead mobs, while Knights just auto-ultimate everything accidentally and get huge numbers.

Except my onion knight never uses ult correctly lol.

Hm yeah so it's probably a deck/class change since it's a fire boss and I can't use water. Still, those later areas with golems still feel better since you also get emet stones (I think the earliest one, hallway 2?, is only 1 stam more than threshold.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well I'm stuck using a White Mage so it's the opposite for me since no Wind with White Mage (and my pariah DK deck isn't quite ready to autobattle Golems just yet)

Definitely could do with more Emet Stones though; what I'm doing is manually farming them when I have time to spare.

Xetherion

Actually Knights get most of their score from tanking damage. Most high level Knight players are running decks with like all PuPus and support cards, no Attack cards, with auto. It takes them forever to clear the stages but they rack up points from tanking so many hits.

I honestly don't think it's possible for my main class, hunter, to get above 400k. The magic stat is pitiful (102% on the third weapon upgrade with all magic panels filled) so the main source of score is from crits, which the only way of increasing is from his Ultimate.

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually Knights get most of their score from tanking damage. Most high level Knight players are running decks with like all PuPus and support cards, no Attack cards, with auto. It takes them forever to clear the stages but they rack up points from tanking so many hits.

Autos also fill the gauge a wee bit faster (per mob, not per turn) than ability spam.

I honestly don't think it's possible for my main class, hunter, to get above 400k. The magic stat is pitiful (102% on the third weapon upgrade with all magic panels filled) so the main source of score is from crits, which the only way of increasing is from his Ultimate.

Haven't really looked deep into the break classes, but that sounds rough - he's got neither the overkill mechanics of mages nor the Ult (+tanking and autoattacking, fine) of knight classes. I've seen a few Thiefs up here on the scoreboard though - no idea what they're doing.

Oh man, Sunday's skill seed bonus is a thing of beauty. I might be able to finish up my final White Mage panel by the end of the day

Victrix

*beard*
Where are you farming? I couldn't find a better spot than ~250k which is 12x, the same as I can get in pupuland (which costs 5 stam and gives good xp/gil and ufo seed fusion material).

Admittedly pupus take longer to farm because it has to go over 500k and it's a much longer fight, but if I'm autoing I don't really care about that.

Where are you farming? I couldn't find a better spot than ~250k which is 12x, the same as I can get in pupuland (which costs 5 stam and gives good xp/gil and ufo seed fusion material).

Admittedly pupus take longer to farm because it has to go over 500k and it's a much longer fight, but if I'm autoing I don't really care about that.
Yeah it's mostly a time thing.
Temple Threshold is an easy and fast 5 stamina with no 2-3x hit bs like from the pupu. It's over in less than 2 minutes on auto. I went through two battles just typing this reply. :p
If I keep using elixirs, I'll be swimming in skillseeds by the end of the day.

Xetherion

Autos also fill the gauge a wee bit faster (per mob, not per turn) than ability spam.

Uhh... autos don't fill the gauge at all, unless you're using one of the onion job weapons or brotherhood, which high level Knights don't... they fill the gauge with PuPu ability spam and elemental drive.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wait, people actually use stuff other than Brotherhood?

I guess we're talking about divergent builds now lol, but looking at some more recent stuff you're right, the scores I'm thinking of are getting completely destroyed.

edit: Hoooooly shit I need to get in on this. Probably should finish off Combat Surgeon first though. So close.

Golnei

Is it only the White Mage that has a problem with facing the wrong way? I've never seen it happen on any other class, but now I'm using it more it seems to happen every second battle.

Falk

that puzzling face
I hope they never fix it, it's hilarious.

Unlocked Combat Surgeon, cleared out Chaos Vortex (that last area lol)

Going to deep dive Dark Knight instead of Knight against my better judgement.

Dreavus

Uhh... autos don't fill the gauge at all, unless you're using one of the onion job weapons or brotherhood, which high level Knights don't... they fill the gauge with PuPu ability spam and elemental drive.

Are you guys talking about the Onion Knight "evolution" for these builds, or the actual Gacha Knight?

I figure I should get a farming build set up soon if it's the former.

WarAdept

My Dark Knight is doing well in this skillseed dungeon on hard. Up to the last level, but it's locked. Going to have to grind for keys.

Uthred

"Re-subbed" for the Mobius box and used the tickets to pull, got Thief which I'm ambivalent about. None of the new jobs appeal so I'll save my tickets for the next batch.

I've been pittering around all week, but I figure I should use today (and maybe a couple of elixirs) to start/clear Chapter 2 since it sounds like it unlocks some useful stuff needed to build up and augment cards.

I pulled a third job card and got Mage, since I'm set on using a ranger I'm sticking with the freebie for now but man the luck.

Falk

that puzzling face
FWIW getting a second class up and running after maxing out a first seems to be going a lot faster.

4* PuPus basically mean quick farming of any element you want (except dark/light - bought and maxed some down-the-line damage abilities for dark/light, lol) and I have an overdosage of surplus wind skillseeds right now.

Already 1/3 through 4th panel of Dark Knight. Can easily unlock Dark Lord by next Sunday and then use Sunday to farm a 3rd job.

Razmos

Eurgh, trying to auto the ruins and I see that the stage has a fire boss, okay sure. So I equip all water cards for skillseeds farming and all the enemies are either water or wind.

Why can't it just be consistent?

Falk

that puzzling face
How does one get the gil needed to 4★ all of the Pupus, or is that another "after Chapter 2" thing?

I'm sitting on 2.3M and I can't spend it all.

In a way, yes. The inflation curve for this game is pretty steep, and not just Gil - skillseed costs also seem rather insane at first.

The metagame governing it all is about figuring out the best autobattle setups (which differ in many ways to the ideal micromanage/difficult content setup - think putting attack->heal and attack->ruin RMs in FFRK) and then basically letting the game play itself for you.

Scratches the clicker itch.

To answer your question though, yes, that basically comes after completing chapter 2 which unlocks quite a few key features.

Umibozu

Using tickets (bronze/silver/gold) bought with magicite is a lot easier/faster to upgrade your character's skill panels (3*/4*) than skillseed farming btw.
Doesn't require much of a grind, just collect magicite twice a day and buy the tickets at 1000 magicite.

Using tickets (bronze/silver/gold) bought with magicite is a lot easier/faster to upgrade your character's skill panels (3*/4*) than skillseed farming btw.
Doesn't require much of a grind, just collect magicite twice a day and buy the tickets at 1000 magicite.

That's not a bad idea, but that can conflict with getting the Item Box though. I think that overall that skillseed farming is a bit better since the box has a pretty good value and ability passives require you to grind anyway. You do get enough magicite a month for one set of silver/gold tickets if you get a box the same month.

Umibozu

Doesn't accumulated magicite disappear 14 days from when collected for international players though, making the item box (gift box?) impossible to get with just accumulated magicite?

Celegus

Doesn't accumulated magicite disappear 14 days from when collected for international players though, making the item box (gift box?) impossible to get with just accumulated magicite?

Nope, though I think it used to? But hasn't since the launch of global I believe.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Nope, though I think it used to? But hasn't since the launch of global I believe.

They removed that restriction like 2 days after the game was released because it was the stupidest idea ever.

Victrix

*beard*
And if you buy unlockers you're hurting your ability to buy growstars down the line, which is the only way to 4* cards.

You don't need 4* cards for any basic content, but they help a lot with event ranking (for classes than aren't Royal Guard BS anyway), and they may be relevant for multiplayer (break damage limit on 4* ST black mage is a pretty big deal as an example, you can hit way in excess of 9999 with buffs and a crit).

On the other hand, the skillseed grind is horrendous and I can totally support bypassing it.

To answer your question though, yes, that basically comes after completing chapter 2 which unlocks quite a few key features.
Cool, thanks for the tips.

I do like the "clicker" aspect cause I can burn stamina at my regular job easily, haha.

Falk

that puzzling face
And if you buy unlockers you're hurting your ability to buy growstars down the line, which is the only way to 4* cards.

Man, I should start saving for additional Growstars, but I keep impulse-summoning new jobs with 4 or 5 Summon Tickets with surplus after calculating next Gift Box timing, heh.

Victrix

*beard*
Man, I should start saving for additional Growstars, but I keep impulse-summoning new jobs with 4 or 5 Summon Tickets with surplus after calculating next Gift Box timing, heh.

I drew 4 jobs total, and have enough for a fifth, but I have warrior/knight, thief, and black mage, so drawing more seems like it'd be sort of greedy - one of each job type is all I really wanted.

I suspect I'm going to be very sad when the ffrk cards are summon ticket only and stupid powerful.

(that may actually kill my interest in the game, but I'm waiting to see how they handle them)

Falk

that puzzling face
Just spam their facebook page or something, they seem to be taking feedback to heart (Magicite expiry lol)

WarAdept

So the grand prize of finishing Silent Ruins is a Moogle costume for Echo that looks nothing like a Moogle.

I feel severely ripped off. I want my 2 Phoenix Downs I used to beat the last boss on hard back please.

SoulUnison

Banned
So the grand prize of finishing Silent Ruins is a Moogle costume for Echo that looks nothing like a Moogle.

I feel severely ripped off. I want my 2 Phoenix Downs I used to beat the last boss on hard back please.

I was so excited when I realized you could "equip" different "Spirits," and then my excitement died when I realized you still have to see and hear Echo in cut scenes.

Why did Mog have to die and not this annoying little anime fairy?

WarAdept

I was so excited when I realized you could "equip" different "Spirits," and then my excitement died when I realized you still have to see and hear Echo in cut scenes.

Why did Mog have to die and not this annoying little anime fairy?

I'm still waiting for my Baby Chocobo spirit and Sazh job.

Pejo

Man, I'm kinda bummed. I'm still learning the ropes on this game, and working at unlocking panel 4 items for my Red Mage. I already spent all 4 of my growstars on Cone spells for Red Mage, only to find out last night that Cone spells are the worst of all. I mean I don't personally see the problem, as they've been helping me not take a lot of damage from the smaller enemies, but supposedly they suck. Looking mainly at Mulit-player, it seems as if I've really boned myself.

I suppose the good news is that it only takes 4 growstars to get back to where I should be, buying and upgrading the single target stuff.

Is it just the lower card damage that makes the Cones so undesirable in multi? I can still hit 9999 after using my ultimate and hitting a monster's weakness while I'm farming, but I guess it's not ideal.

Also, is there a way to force generation or transform orbs into the life orbs? It still seems very random when the game wants me to die by not giving me any life orbs. The passive regen on Red Mage has helped me a TON, but I can't lean on that crutch for any future jobs I level.

Falk

that puzzling face
Cones are great for solo farming at 4* - 3 orbs refunding 1 most of the time for multi target.

4 Growstars isn't aaaall that much in the grand scheme of things though. You could have made far worse mistakes lol

Pejo

Cones are great for solo farming at 4* - 3 orbs refunding 1 most of the time for multi target.

4 Growstars isn't aaaall that much in the grand scheme of things though. You could have made far worse mistakes lol

Yea that's definitely true, it still annoys me though. Might toss some cash at the game for magicite to get me where I should be. I'd only need the 10 dollar bundle to get the 4 growstar pack with the magicite I have on hand. I feel like the beginning is the worst time to be behind, because that keeps you further behind the curve for the length of the game.

Falk

that puzzling face
The most efficient way to feed common to gacha at higher ability levels includes 1 or more higher level common fodder though

Pejo

But that's not relevant until the commons are 3★, right? I'm not there yet.

I think I get what you're saying. You don't have to Fusion a lowbie card to Augment it. Augmenting is what you want to do to get them to 3*. You are wasting your time/money by Fusion-ing them before 3*.

Top Bottom