• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ModNation Racers |OT| Loading, Moaning And Creating Vinyl Clothing

depward

You guys see this guy's track creation done in the demo? Not sure how it would work (or how he did it...). It was tweeted by @PlayStation.

102763327-37d6c8d7aad22d308a4092205c98d0fd.4bf458a2-scaled.jpg

Tried the PSP version and didn't like it. I just couldn't get a feel for the racing, and the framerate issues with the menus bugged me. Also, sound design does an awful lot for a game like this..

Couldn't see if it was mentioned or not, probably just blind, but is there a custom soundtrack option to this? I want to get the game but the announcers are pretty damn annoying.

I picked this up yesterday in Atlanta. If you want a copy early, go to the Best Buy by Perimeter Mall.

Game's fun so far. I haven't gotten too far into, Red Dead and Alan Wake have been taking up a lot of my small amount of game time. Load times are pretty bad, hopefully the patch comes out around launch.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
well i just got the game, gonna install now. already got 2 small dissapointments.

im in EU, so guess what? No sackboy for me.

i thought i had a kratos code but its ratchet and clank :/

AndyD

aka andydumi
supermackem said:
Holy sweet mother, imagen driting all the way up and down that.:lol

There was a beta track almost identical to that one and it was designed to be driftable completely from bottom to top, then switch drift direction which would take you across a short top and drift in the opposite direction all the way down the opposite screw, thus drifting for about 70 seconds total if I remember right.

It was the first track I played in the beta and it was great.

I have a question for those who have the game already: what type of battle modes can we make other than racing. They mentioned there will be multiple ways to play and not just race. Is there something like MK's battle mode arenas?

depward

To those with the retail game: how is exp handled for online races? The one thing I liked about Blur was that, even though I finished middle of the pack, I got a respectable amount of exp. Is this also the case?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Game looks awesome, I liked the demo. But like many others I'm not sure if I can splurge $60 on another game.

noonche

Wait so you have to hold R2 to accelerate in this game too? :( God I hate holding down triggers; especially the PS3's.

RJT

I'm buying a PS3 this weekend, and there's a bundle with this game. I'm not into racing games, but arcadey stuff is OK. The alternative is singstar of a stupid soap opera, Eyetoy, and Buzz. I'm kinda thinking about eyetoy because of the camera (looking forward to Move). What do you guys think?

jmd494

RJT said:
I'm buying a PS3 this weekend, and there's a bundle with this game. I'm not into racing games, but arcadey stuff is OK. The alternative is singstar of a stupid soap opera, Eyetoy, and Buzz. I'm kinda thinking about eyetoy because of the camera (looking forward to Move). What do you guys think?
Buzz is a LOT of fun if you have friends that would like to play it. But MNR has me really hyped right now. I'd personally would choose between one of those two.

jmd494

I know it sounds ridiculous but te lack of hype is actually making me consider cancelling my preorder. I'm concerned there won't be a decent community.

V_Ben

Banned
netguy503 said:
Can you play it on JTV please?

I have no idea what that is. If its a streaming service, no. I can't, as i have no capture stuff, or a camera with means to record myself playing. sorry!

Stillmatic

I picked this up last night. So much fun. :D It's a shame about the loading times as that's the only negative thing about the game so far. But it sounds as though they might be trying to speed them up, which is great news.

Got my copy delivered this morning, loving it so far :D

Only drawback is the load times which can be pretty lengthy. There's a patch up already, anyone know what for?

netguy503

I still don't think they should have announced LBP2 BEFORE this game. Talk about splitting your community in half (as another poster said there is no hype for this game: no JTV feeds for this game two weeks prior to release like every popular game nowadays usually has, long load times, etc). I mean, in this current economy where money doesn't grow on trees, if you had to make a choice would you pick LBP2 or MNR. Really? A play, create, share, game that is stuck to one genre or one where you can build multiple genre's AS WELL as the one's in MNR. I dunno just seems like a bad business decision if I had a very limited gaming budget. Doesn't seem like a good business move and it will hurt even more with the create features of LBP2 being fully shown off at E3 like two and a half weeks after this game just comes out.

netguy503

prettyvacant77 said:
There's a patch up already, anyone know what for?

Maybe for the load times? Or are you saying the load time patch already is out and it didn't improve anything?:lol

My guess is that the patch helps other people to "see" all the DLC and pre-order characters or maybe it was to patch all the levels in those "artist spotlights" in the game for everyone to play.

G-Bus

Banned
Got the demo earlier today and I'm pleasantly surprised. Didn't have much in the way of expectations but had a lot of fun. It all feels really good to me.

Think I'll wait and see what the community is like but this is definitely on my radar. Could use a nice racing game in my library.

Footos22

Okay, Im looking to pick this up today instead of red dead redemption which wasn't expected!
I played the demo last night and had so much fun with the very limited options for customization on the demo and it went straight to day 1!

Does anyone with the game know how much of an improvement the patch that came out today has made on loading times?

Couldn't decide whether to get this or split second so i got both... :D :D

Anyway... i CANNOT WAIT to get home to build my first track... got some great ideas for framing vistas and track design.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I can feel a mass trade-in coming on. So much stuff out now/soon - this, split second, RDR, blur, Mario galaxy soon.

Haven't even unwrapped FFXIII and Modern Warfare yet. whatever happened to the summer drought?

netguy503

mrklaw said:
I can feel a mass trade-in coming on. So much stuff out now/soon - this, split second, RDR, blur, Mario galaxy soon.

Haven't even unwrapped FFXIII and Modern Warfare yet. whatever happened to the summer drought?

It's really just the beginning of summer, if summer at all. Don't worry, they'll be one.

Roxas

The voice over guy is fucking terrible. my god. you can hear him pausing after the words as he is reading the script. And the campness...oh dear

netguy503

Roxas said:
The voice over guy is fucking terrible. my god. you can hear him pausing after the words as he is reading the script. And the campness...oh dear

Announcers at race tracks aren't professionals most of the time in RL either and are in fact reading from scripts/ prompters? I dunno...would add to the realism IMHO. Out of all the faults that may be in this game to knock it with, you go with that one.

Roxas

netguy503 said:
Announcers at race tracks aren't professionals most of the time in RL either and are in fact reading from scripts/ prompters? I dunno...would add to the realism IMHO. Out of all the faults that may be in this game to knock it with, you go with that one.

tbf he really is bad

netguy503

Oh man, so much hate in this thread. Yea, they really shouldn't have announced LBP2 BEFORE this game came out. Talk about a bonehead move.:lol

depward

I don't get the LBP2 announcement stuff. I mean, it's still how many months away til LBP2? Are you really going to put this game on hold to wait for it?

I'm getting both. As much as I would like to think LBP2 will have kart racing that is on par with this, I don't think you'll be able to design a kart racing game that's near this type of quality. I mean, it'll be good.. but not ModNation good.

Still would like to hear about exp earned and whether or not you need to place high to get any..

Top Bottom