• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Poyunch

Spent some time hunting Lagi in Moga Woods. It's much nicer fighting this big monsters without worrying about losing the quest. :3

demonkaze

Today is turning out pretty great. Finally got my dragongem, HR31 so i can do elite quests now and only need two rath marrows to make the new lance. Talking of the marrows, where's the best place to get them, and is there a higher chance for them to drop?

Boney

Banned
Agh for me it's pretty much the crappiest day ever. Wen on to fight a Rathalos with my Jhen sns, and surprise, doesn't deal much damage, I miss my first paintball and then the fucker only rans away.. and everytime I see it it just leaving the area.

I just didn't stock up well and had no trap and no paintballs. And to top it off, everytime I found it, the Rathian was there with him, making it impossible to deal damage.

At last the fucker was limping, but didn't had traps. So kill him right? I only the mother focker would die and the damn Rathian would leave me alone... to my surprise I ra out of time! First time it has ever happened.

Round 2. Stocked up, got my Lagi GS and got the Ultra Lucky Cat skill. It´s definately going to give me the damn plate now. Capture him in 15 minutes, and what do I get? Stupid scales and Marrows...

Hate this thing, there should be an easier way to get rare drops... like when you kill 30 you are guaranteed the rare drop or something. Seriously this is getting rediculous.

Haunted

demonkaze said:
Today is turning out pretty great. Finally got my dragongem, HR31 so i can do elite quests now and only need two rath marrows to make the new lance. Talking of the marrows, where's the best place to get them, and is there a higher chance for them to drop?
Non-specific advice, but doing the [Advanced] Double Trouble quest and breaking as many of Ian's/Los' parts before completion (the tails, specifically) is the easiest to get drops from, including the Marrow.

Niblet

Alright I finally made my Tusk lance+ now I need a complimenting lancing armor. I know all the greatness of having Barioth armor for Evade +, but what about Agnaktor for Guard and Guard Up? Any lancers have experience with those 2 skills and how useful they are especially in comparison to Evade+ (Stamina+ isnt as big a deal because I can chug dash juices).

Alright finally killed Gigginox ! I created the full Rathian armor set, and with my Smalt Crater (Y) lance, I got 10 slots which I filled with Antidote decorations. The fight got way easier with Negate Poison active :D The fight was pretty much won from there, I parry almost everything and counterattack and even when I get hit, health don't go down that much. So I kept doing small attacks up until he showed signs of exhaustion, then I charged into him with the lance. Repeat until death.

So now I'll focus on Rathalos...got +20 fire resistance on top of the initial +15, got earplug level 1 and health +50 ^^

Hiltz

Still trying to get rathian plate.

Killed 2 of em and captured another.

Finish the wyvern egg level 4 quest.

Just need to slay Lagiacrus.

Leezard

I just got myself an Ingot set and a Peco Flint to make it easier to farm Lagiacrus. He's way easier now, but still tough.

davimon

demonkaze said:
How rare are Agnaktor Claws, i've fought like around 10 of them and only have 1 claw.

If you break the armor on all of his legs, the chance of getting them as a reward goes up. I've killed/captured him about 10 times and have about 5 claws in my box.

JRPereira

Well, the LS I've been working with (wyvern blade fire I believe? - the first one) has just been tearing through just about everything in moga forest. I've been killing everything from great jaggi to lagi in ridiculous speeds and numbers. The great jaggi can hardly even limp away after just a spirit combo or two at most and I'm leaving areas full of dead minions. The corpses are piling up so fast that the game is suffering slowdown. I'm contemplating taking another shot at gobul and gigginox quests as I'd probably just completely run them over with it - and I seriously could use at least some gigginox parts, if not gobul as well.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've been looking at weapons on the wiki website of Monster Hunter, and they have 2 differtent sharpness bars, how do you get the sharpness from the 2nd bar?

Ridley327

Bisnic said:
I've been looking at weapons on the wiki website of Monster Hunter, and they have 2 differtent sharpness bars, how do you get the sharpness from the 2nd bar?

You need to have the skill Sharpness +1 activated in order to get that.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hiltz said:
Still trying to get rathian plate.

Killed 2 of em and captured another.

Finish the wyvern egg level 4 quest.

Just need to slay Lagiacrus.
I think I recall reading that the rathian plate is a 3% carve from a rathian tail.

gotee12

Finally attempted the "Dragon Lady" quest and I have to say that after three hunts the Rathian is my favorite monster to hunt right now! Gonna start looking for the plate. By the time I get one, I should have enough mats to make a couple dozen rathian armors (minus all the plates)...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone want to help with the 4* Urgent?

Expert > Veterans1 > Gate3 > City23

HR35+, I believe. Still have room for one more.

EDIT: Full

mclem

Is that it for the EU Sandstorm? Had one spell of farming it, but it seems to have gone now - unless it's a periodic thing?

Schmitty

So why is playing online with my friend such a chore? We keep getting the processing error. Anyone know what's going on?

butzopower

proud of his butz
Lonely1 said:
Um, try setting up DMZ for the wiis.

nuclearavatar.jpg

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Schmitty said:
Why does everything on the Wii always make me mess with my router for it to work?
Well, I remember I had some problems, until I changed the broadcast Channel to 6. Got no problems since. or you can go wired :p

Apenheul

So I had vacation for a week and I spent it ALL on Monster Hunter Tri, more than nine hours a day. Can't remember the last time I was so hooked. Today was the last day of my MHTri week and I did a runthrough of almost every monster I've met so far. Great Jaggi, Qurupeco, Royal Ludroth, Great Baggi, Barroth, Rathian, Rathalos, Lagiacrus, Gobul, Diablos and Jehn Mohran gained me five HR in one day. A vacation well spent!

Kard8p3

PounchEnvy said:
That's kind of vague... Or is it one of those things where if you have to ask then you're not there yet.

I stole it from the MH wiki, I think it's when you're HR31+, I'm not even there yet.

Boney

Banned
Apenheul said:
So I had vacation for a week and I spent it ALL on Monster Hunter Tri, more than nine hours a day. Can't remember the last time I was so hooked. Today was the last day of my MHTri week and I did a runthrough of almost every monster I've met so far. Great Jaggi, Qurupeco, Royal Ludroth, Great Baggi, Barroth, Rathian, Rathalos, Lagiacrus, Gobul, Diablos and Jehn Mohran gained me five HR in one day. A vacation well spent!
I just quit college because I'm going to change career, and this whole week has been also pure Monster Hunter bliss.. except for that plate...

Kard8p3

Boney said:
I just quit college because I'm going to change career, and this whole week has been also pure Monster Hunter bliss.. except for that plate...

Dang, still no luck? How 'bout you jump in my room?

butzopower

proud of his butz
Some great hunts today, go everyone that was team "Catching Bugs"!!

Boney said:

I'm just about to graduate college, and so this week up until today hasn't been pure MH bliss, but this upcoming week is finals, and then I think I'll just spend the rest of my life working and playing this game.

Dreavus

I just fought an Agnaktor twice in a row offline, and on the second hunt he was HUGE. I knew monsters came in different sizes but I didn't think it would make such a dramatic difference. I never noticed it until this fight.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
blackflag said:
I got my Rathian plate on my first kill. Rathalos is paying me back though because his just won't drop.

I got a lagi plate on my first time fighting him.

I have captured Rathian 18 times and no plate.

Elcheris

Neo Member
Dreavus said:
I just fought an Agnaktor twice in a row offline, and on the second hunt he was HUGE. I knew monsters came in different sizes but I didn't think it would make such a dramatic difference. I never noticed it until this fight.

Yeh I never knew if monsters were actually different sizes or not until I noticed a Great Baggi that was ridiculously huge.

Top Bottom