• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

markatisu

botticus said:
Can someone remind me where you find frogs? Just about running out for Gobul fishing.

Not sure why I keep trying, stupid game. :p Got him limping the last time but ran out of potions so I was pretty stuck.

You can find frogs the same area you find worms (I think its 9)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Tenbatsu said:
Wow!! It's in black! They changed the colour! Dam I need it now!

Oh man!! I didn't know they were doing that! I wonder what they plan on doing to the others? I goooooooooooooooot to have that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Niblet said:
On a sidenote I say we start a pot drawing based on when we think Hawkian will get his Rathian plate.

In an hour I need to take my cat to the vet for a checkup. Are you a bro enough dude to help my capture her twice before we have to go?

L00P said:
Did you try getting those sparkly thing she drops when she eats the Aptonoth? I got a plate from that. I never did receive it from the rewards nor from carving.

Woah, I've never seen that happen.

Danielsan

Made it to HR34 today.
Got my full set of Rathian+ armour.
I'm completely out of cash at the moment.
Not enough money to purchase the upgrades. :lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
just got this game, feeling a little overwhelmed at all the options and possibilities.

one thing, I wanted to play with my brother and since the split screen option sounds very limited, I might actually get a second Wii and play the proper co-op modes with each other via the online option, is that even possible?

Hawkian said:
Woah, I've never seen that happen.

According to MH Wiki, for low-level Rathians:

-3% chance of getting a plate from the tail
-2% chance of getting it as a quest reward
-3% chance of getting it as a reward for breaking the head spikes
-1% chance of it being dropped as a sparkly

Owzers

Hawkian said:
Come to Wis1/40/2 for Hot Rathian Action!

How hot?

I'm currently hiding out in Hawkian's room but i do need to do 3* quests...i'm HR 29 and i've only done a few 3* ones so far.

Hiltz

Just need rathian plate to get the last material needed to forge rathian chest armor.

Did the rathian capture quest which was pretty easy.

Attempted to find jumbo pearl but didn't have any luck... until I checked Cha Cha's inventory! The little freak is actually good for something. He found 2 jumbo pearls for me.

Forged the rough switch axe which looks so cool.

As a sword and shield/switchaxe/longsword user, anyone have any advice for a good weapon to forge for taking down Rathalos? I just opened the volcano area in single player and have had to finish via subquest every time I faced Rathalos due to running out of time.

DragonGirl said:
As a sword and shield/switchaxe/longsword user, anyone have any advice for a good weapon to forge for taking down Rathalos? I just opened the volcano area in single player and have had to finish via subquest every time I faced Rathalos due to running out of time.
Dragon element is probably the way to go, especially if you still have spare material from the Jhen quests. If you're using a weapon with limited reach like the sword and shield, you'll probably need to get good at using flashbombs.

I'd also recommend prioritizing one of the legs and going for the tail when it's knocked down. If you've chopped the tail, go for the other leg. Keep alternating legs after each knockdown and with any luck, you'll do major damage while it's incapacitated.

oracrest

kaizoku said:
just got this game, feeling a little overwhelmed at all the options and possibilities.

one thing, I wanted to play with my brother and since the split screen option sounds very limited, I might actually get a second Wii and play the proper co-op modes with each other via the online option, is that even possible?

should be. There might be lag issues if your clogging up your connection with two rather than one game, but it really shouldn't be that bad I would guess.

botticus

Finally took out Gobul, that was down to the wire much like my Barroth quest. Just as I was completely out of oxygen too. And I have all the mats for the sword upgrade, so goodbye to that fight. Just need some money and I'll start paralyzing bitches.

I just realized I've completely neglected the monster list since I stepped foot in the Sandy Plains. Ah well.

dsister44

DragonGirl said:

i'm the same in terms of wepaons, but with sns being my favoured option. Personally I use the Hypnos knife and attack the back of jis legs and sometimes going for the head. although the weapon doesnt do that much damage, it'll put him to sleep, allowing me to plant bombs round his head and set them off. seems to work quite well

volmer

DragonGirl said:
I just did this today using SnS. I used the Lagiacrus armour set with some additional fire resistance and a Storm Sword with lightning elemental, and that was enough for me to kill him in ~25 minutes. I brought two traps, but no bombs or similar.
dsister44 said:
_bluemoon said:
Anyone eurogaf want to help me gets parts for a longsword? Gobuls and Baggi's mainly.
sure, when will you be online and what is your code thing?
EDIT: I'm also up for helping out. Wisdom 1 / Gate 40?

demonkaze

Killed Agnaktor five times and only had 1 claw, this game really doesn't like me when it comes to drop rates lol. Also been waiting forever for a Dragongem which never seems to drop, on another note though, the real Jhen battle is epic!

After finally deciding to get serious about online, I don't like that you have to keep doing the same missions over and over to unlock the next set. :\

markatisu

EmCeeGramr said:
After finally deciding to get serious about online, I don't like that you have to keep doing the same missions over and over to unlock the next set. :\

What do you mean, there are Key Quests you can do to unlock the next set, or are you talking about having to grind to increase the HR?

Tenbatsu

DragonGirl said:
Lightning or lagi weapons.

Stamina Depletion Attack Info:
Hammer: Every hit on any part of the monster reduces the monster stamina (In exchange for not able to cut tails)
Great Sword: Slap hit on any part of the monster
S&S: Shield Bash on any part of the monster
Lance: Shield Bash on any part of the monster
Bowgun: Exhaust Ammo on any part of the monster
Long Sword/Slash Axe: N/A

Haunted

Which bosses are weak against DR element?

Miffed this info (element, elemental weakness) isn't in the Monster List description. That's what these should be for! imo

Thanks for all of the advice, I guess I'm at a point where I just plain need to farm parts since I can't forge anything. It'll have to wait though. No time this week.

Also, Barioth is a pouncing prancing bastard.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Fuck me.

A lagiacrus and a royal ludroth underwater at the same time. How am I supposed to fight this? :lol

botticus said:
WTF Gigginox flies?

Yeah, that's one fucked up monster. :lol

It flies. It sticks to walls. it stretches. It poisons. it is perfectly symmetrical, and can switch between using one end as a tail and one as a mouth at will.

It's a really, really fucked up beast from a physiological standpoint :lol

mclem

botticus said:
Can someone remind me where you find frogs? Just about running out for Gobul fishing.

Not sure why I keep trying, stupid game. :p Got him limping the last time but ran out of potions so I was pretty stuck.

In Deserted Island (does Gobul ever appear there?): #10, on the right as you come in from #9, by a log.

In Flooded Forest: #2, immediately to the right as you come in from #4, by a plant.

Anyone else catch this?
(Sorry for the cellphone pic)

keikaku.jpg

keikaku.jpg

Niblet

Hawkian said:
In an hour I need to take my cat to the vet for a checkup. Are you a bro enough dude to help my capture her twice before we have to go?

I was obviously not man enough to join you. I was too busy lamenting about dreams that will go unfulfilled . . .
Sesshomaru-sama T_T

So many great games this morning in 3*, even taking on all 3 advance quest like nothing. Big props to Kaiser for awesome bowgun action.

This afternoon I am ready to rumble against Diablos and Uragaan in the arena. Who is down?

civilstrife said:
Anyone else catch this?

Quite a lot of us. The translation in this game is great.

mclem

Would Euro people be up for doing some 1/2* runs from 9pm (35 minutes away)? I'll be in the usual place.

Wired: If you're the only person around and can't get in, try making one of your own and I'll try moving over into it. I have a hunch I might know what's going on with your connection, and if I'm right, that could well work.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
civilstrife said:
Anyone else catch this?
(Sorry for the cellphone pic)

keikaku.jpg

keikaku.jpg

I think you're the 10th person to post that pic. :lol

Don't blame you, this thread is huge.

Owzers

Well apparently a good set of armor is the difference between me fleeing in terror and me eating monsters like they were corn flakes with blueberries in them. Went through barrioth, uoogy, and rathalos with Lonely1 and a couple other people. I just need a better lance than my Spiral Lance +.

Top Bottom