• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

euro stalker said:
anny euro players want to join tonight ?
i will open a room around 20.00 (my time GMT +01.00).
low level quest's, my HR is 8
I'll be there, I want to gain as many HRP as I can (still HR11)

On another note, playtime's now in the 3 digits...almost 101 hours already -_-

markatisu

Oxx said:
Just encountered Barroth for the first time. Didn't last long.

Is it time to retire the S&S and go for something more powerful?

S&S does the job it just takes longer, I had an easier time taking him down with the hammer (I was actually able to catch him easily using the hammer)

Barroth's difficulty does not lie in his hit points, its learning his pattern of charges so that you know when you can just run up to him and attack the hell out of him and avoid needing to use the cleaner

oracrest

sprsk said:
Jtv and I are going to be on in about 15 minutes or so, anyone down for some rathian plate runs?

I think I am about 9 Rathalos battles in, and no plate. :\ Killed a few Barioth to break the monotony of it all.

PusherT

Just went on my Nintendo channel to check gaming playing time I logged in 216 hrs on MH 3 already on 18 log ins. Got a few all night play session on it. Still haven't hit HR 50 either (46):D

Neo C.

euro stalker said:
anny euro players want to join tonight ?
i will open a room around 20.00 (my time GMT +01.00).
low level quest's, my HR is 8
Not sure if I can make it. Perhaps a bit later.

Kyoufu

john tv said:
I got one too. :D Good games tonight -- thanks for the help!

Poor sprsk lol

Yeah we had really good games. We made Diablos look easier than Rathian who *cough* managed to actually kill us *cough*

Beaulieu

PusherT said:
Just went on my Nintendo channel to check gaming playing time I logged in 216 hrs on MH 3 already on 18 log ins. Got a few all night play session on it. Still haven't hit HR 50 either (46):D

wtf
so your average session is 12 hours long ?
that cannot be good for you man.

john tv

Kyoufu said:
Poor sprsk lol

Yeah we had really good games. We made Diablos look easier than Rathian who *cough* managed to actually kill us *cough*
sprsk actually got one as well. Total win -- I got my Rathian plate, you guys got your maws, and we kicked Diablos's ass too. :D

So, last night, I don't know how long I was doing gathering type quests waiting for anyone to show up in my city.

I suppose I could have joined a room with low rank hunters, but there's the opportunity cost of doing those quests :/. Instead, I get to do boring gathering quests killing ludroths and bugs for the chance to grind/mine a few carbalite and bathysomething ores -__-.

A good group of people joined later. I'm terrible with names but you know who you are. I ended up abandoning my idea of getting the quru armor set and have instead gotten almost everything I need for the rathian set. I have some rubies, some plates, not enough money, and not enough spike+s.

I'm currently mulling just making the set aside from the legs and wearing the low rank ian legs up until I can make the real ones. Seems kind of ghetto to do that, but maybe continuing to wear low rank hunter armor looks worse :/.

I was able to fully upgrade my paralyze lance after we did several gobble runs.

My equipment will probably be fine for the stupid blood sport event, but it's looking like I'll probably just look for randoms for my urgent and that event quest instead of hanging out alone in a city grinding ores in gathering quests :/.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
:lol grats on getting your plates guys. I wonder if anyone has claimed my record for number of attempts it took to get one.

I am really loving the armor and my new gun, though.

I have another funny story about something that happened last night. I hope it was a random who walked into the room, but if you're reading this, I apologize in advance.

It was just me and him and I figured we could do a rathian since I needed spike+s and rathian isn't that tough as high rank bosses go.

Every time I paralyzed or knocked over ian, he would would rush up from behind and start swinging away with his switch-axe like he was trying to take out me and the ian. I put up my guard once when I saw him coming in swinging, and his combo took my stamina down to almost nothing in about two seconds.

I had to keep my eye on him every time I got a combo on ian since he took that as a signal to rush in and attack both of us.

Evil Joe joined in soon after.

OMG, I thought that quest would never end -__-.

Boney

Banned
Hawkian said:
:lol grats on getting your plates guys. I wonder if anyone has claimed my record for number of attempts it took to get one.

I am really loving the armor and my new gun, though.
I had to kill more than 50 Rathalos to get mine.. I even had better armor at the time, but I just had to get it. I now proudly wear my Rathalos set, even though I really should change it.

Leezard

So I just did the Rathian + Rathalos Urgent. I got 2 Rathian Plates, one from her tail and one from quest rewards. Too bad I already have the Rathian set. :lol No sign of a Rathalos one though. Does the Rathian+ set use Plates as well? I probably got all I ever need of em right now.

edit: one more is needed for the +chest. Oh well, guess I won't have to worry about that one at least.

Ugh why did they change online to how the PC version works :( Such a massive hassle grinding HR. Up to 28 but ive beat all the quests long ago and even killed the urgent.

markatisu

Oxx said:
Longer than 50 minutes if my last attempt was anything to go by.

Don't worry you will get there. You could always use some traps to get him stuck and wail on him that way. But you will still be cutting it close

Have you tried switching to the hammer or lance? if all that is going on is you are running out time (and not dying) then maybe temp changing up your weapon would help you past the quest

Leezard

markatisu said:
Don't worry you will get there. You could always use some traps to get him stuck and wail on him that way. But you will still be cutting it close

Have you tried switching to the hammer or lance? if all that is going on is you are running out time (and not dying) then maybe temp changing up your weapon would help you past the quest
I went from S&S to a Ludroth Splashhammer for that quest. One of my favorite weapons hands down (especially once upgraded to a Vodanoy).

Oxx

markatisu said:

Might be a good idea. I was concentrating on evading its attacks last time and I was pretty stunned when I had the message for ten minutes left.

demonkaze

Leezard said:
So I just did the Rathian + Rathalos Urgent. I got 2 Rathian Plates, one from her tail and one from quest rewards. Too bad I already have the Rathian set. :lol No sign of a Rathalos one though. Does the Rathian+ set use Plates as well? I probably got all I ever need of em right now.

edit: one more is needed for the +chest. Oh well, guess I won't have to worry about that one at least.

There are also some weapons that use the plate, such as the Red Bludgeon+ (Hammer).

Great games, dsister and Fistwell! :)

Our session pushed me in the three digit play time. :p

bj4luha0edy2hytu8.jpg

Boney

Banned
Hawkian said:
holy god. that's just torturous
You see now why I´m so bitter about it. I hate silly drop rates in games, and my luck sucks when it comes to it. So yeah.

SYNTAX182 said:
Damn Rathalos, give me your damn plate already, you dragonfaced asshole!
Dude... Don't! just don't waste your time on that. Seriously.

gotee12 said:
Rathian Plate!!!
I think the game has something against me. Maybe I didn't pass Capcom's test huh..

Hiltz

Failed twice to do the Lagiacrus capture quest.

First time accidently killed it.
Second time used up traps.

What a waste of time. :lol

First time at 10 minutes left on the clock. Second time had only 3 minutes left.

dsister44

slaughterking said:
Great games, dsister and Fistwell! :)

Our session pushed me in the three digit play time. :p

bj4luha0edy2hytu8.jpg

yeah we frickin rocked :D tho i think playing too long (was doing single player before that) fried my brain since my performance really dropped on that last quest.

still, 6 quests and no failures was pretty good, and very few deaths as well.

I really do think i should my priorities sorted out tho, for some reason ive got it into my head that I should forge every single sns when i really should be exploring other weapons or getting better armour.

Hopfully i'll soon be high rank like you guys so we can take on harder quests

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna mop up some single-player stuff now that I'm incredibly overpowered for it, then I am online to do absolutely anything (and to those that have played with me before- I don't get one-shotted by any halfway-decent attack anymore! I can even survive Rathian fireballs if I'm at full health!).

EDIT: Great googly moogly, you only need to get to +15 Health Skill from +10 to get +50 HP instead of +20?! Hot damn, this is gonna free up some serious skill possibilities.

JudgeN

Damn I hate how you have to grind to certain level before you advance to the next set of quest. I prefer the do the key quests then do the urgent approach the PSP games had, of course some ranks you had to do all the quest in order to get the next urgent (think it was 3 out of the 9 ranks).

HR 6 if anyone wants to do some 1* quests.

gotee12

Boney said:
I think the game has something against me. Maybe I didn't pass Capcom's test huh..
It took 6 kills and 1 capture. And 1 more kill after the plate to the get the last talon I was needing. I did keep that goofy looking jaggi mask on the entire time, if that's any consolation.

And now my Rath armor is complete. Gotta say, it's not as cool looking as I'd hoped. It's
low-level
gemmed to the high heavens though...

Boney

Banned
SYNTAX182 said:
Ahk. Okay, okay. I don't want to get burnt out on the game. You win this time Rathalos but I will be back. roggle roggle
Well some people seem to be lucky enough to get them fairly quickly. But I learned it the hard way, no more looking specifically for rare loot. If it drops nice, if it doesn't tough luck.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
john tv said:
sprsk actually got one as well. Total win -- I got my Rathian plate, you guys got your maws, and we kicked Diablos's ass too. :D
I need that bitches horn. 2 of em in fact.

Ridley327

Great job, Aergyn/Nick. I wish Nick was there to see me and Aergyn take on Agnaktor all by our lonesome. We both ran out of healing items, I ran out of Cool Drinks and we were almost out of time when the final blow came and we won the day. How awesome is Agnaktor? So awesome.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Kinda suck how there's no point in making another character unless you wanna try the other gender. :lol Not like PSO or another online RPG where there is classes or even races.

L00P

Man, I just had the best Lagiacrus run ever. I broke his chest, I broke his back, I broke his face, flipped him over three times, and I didn't even bother to use any potions. What do I get from the rewards? Three horns, a couple of shell shockers, a plate and a bunch of other parts. Completed the armor set in no time! That was also my only Lagiacrus run today! Really glad I had that Crazy Lucky Cat status:D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
gotee12 said:
And now my Rath armor is complete. Gotta say, it's not as cool looking as I'd hoped. It's
low-level
gemmed to the high heavens though...

Do you know about the preview feature?

Hiltz

L00P said:
Man, I just had the best Lagiacrus run ever. I broke his chest, I broke his back, I broke his face, flipped him over three times, and I didn't even bother to use any potions. What do I get from the rewards? Three horns, a couple of shell shockers, a plate and a bunch of other parts. Completed the armor set in no time! That was also my only Lagiacrus run today! Really glad I had that Crazy Lucky Cat status:D

I've only broken his chest and flipped him over twice.

Didn't know you could break his face though.

Just curious, what weapon do you use against him ?

Top Bottom