• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

john tv

L00P said:
Man, I just had the best Lagiacrus run ever. I broke his chest, I broke his back, I broke his face, flipped him over three times, and I didn't even bother to use any potions. What do I get from the rewards? Three horns, a couple of shell shockers, a plate and a bunch of other parts. Completed the armor set in no time! That was also my only Lagiacrus run today! Really glad I had that Crazy Lucky Cat status:D
If I'm not mistaken, I think Crazy Lucky Cat just gives you more reward money. Unless I'm getting them mixed up.

Kyoufu

john tv said:
If I'm not mistaken, I think Crazy Lucky Cat just gives you more reward money. Unless I'm getting them mixed up.

Yeah. Ultra Lucky Cat is the skill that increases reward items.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Fought Barroth online for the 1st time with 2 strangers. One with the Ludroth armor and a GS, and the other with some weak SnS and noob armor.

I'll let you guys guess how it ended.

At least i wasn't the one who died 3 times. And i also was the one cutting its tail, and maybe the only one even aiming for it.

explodet

aammgaaci.jpg

Took 4 people and a hell of a lot of time to finally take down that punkass for me. The Gobul and Great Baggi were cake in comparison.

Hawkian said:
What's the reliable way to get Fertile mud?

I think maybe you have to just beat it of him. Water damage takes off the mud armor much faster.

I dont think i have ever completed a Barroth without getting fertile mud.

Hawkian said:
:lol Just did twice in a row. He only dropped wyvern tears, none in the quest rewards.

Wow.

Well i just tried to look it up and only found this:

Dropped by Barroth when mud is destroyed.

Maybe you have to clean his whole body in order to safely get it? That you have to pray for the 23% shiny drop.

Poyunch

Gamer @ Heart said:
Wow.

Well i just tried to look it up and only found this:

Dropped by Barroth when mud is destroyed.

Maybe you have to clean his whole body in order to safely get it? That you have to pray for the 23% shiny drop.
I don't think so. I've rarely seen Barroth entirely clean and I have a lot of Fertile Mud.

L00P

john tv said:

You mean I got those items without any drop rate bonus??? Holy fucking shit:lol

I've only broken his chest and flipped him over twice.

Didn't know you could break his face though.

Just curious, what weapon do you use against him ?

I use a lance. I used a smalt(sp?) crater for that run. I think the earplug skill helped me out on landing lots of hits and I parry everything he does except for the shock attack. The shield is really awesome

Elcheris

Neo Member
Hopping on to do 3* urgent followed by the next tier quests if possible! Come find Bandis in the usual Gaf hangout if you want to help out or get in on the action.

oracrest

even though you don't level up past hr 30 before doing the event quest, do you still accumulate all the experience you gain, or is it locked until your urgent is finished?

satori

Cant wait til finals are over...So I heard about the lance that looks like a gun lance offered for the online event this week. Seeing that its over on Friday til I have no idea when, can that actually be done in a day seeing that I can only jump on Thursday?

I was a gun lance user in the past...and I am dying for that model! DAMN projects, finals, and work!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gamer @ Heart said:
Me too, at least before he gets dirty again. i guess he really is unlucky as far as rewards go.

Well, I got a Lagi plate and Rathalos plate my first time fighting them. I honestly don't know what the game thinks of me. I only have one Fertile Mud!

Kyoufu

Not sure about the rest of you guys but over at the usual GAF spot we've been getting disconnected from games completely for the past hour or two.

Always happens when the monster is limping too lol

LaneDS

When do higher star quests open up online? Cleared all the 1* ones, but can't yet access 2* and beyond. Is it based on HR?

Arzehn

Did the server go down? I've been stuck on a loading screen for the past 10 minutes, I don't wanna power the Wii off cause I got a rustshard like 10 seconds before. :/

evangd007

Anomarad said:
Did the server go down? I've been stuck on a loading screen for the past 10 minutes, I don't wanna power the Wii off cause I got a rustshard like 10 seconds before. :/

Server has been sketchy all day for me, now I can't even connect.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
From my experience there are intermittent downs after it just becomes Wednesday EST. So like 11:59 Tuesday night for a few hours.

dsister44 said:
yeah we frickin rocked :D tho i think playing too long (was doing single player before that) fried my brain since my performance really dropped on that last quest.

still, 6 quests and no failures was pretty good, and very few deaths as well.

I really do think i should my priorities sorted out tho, for some reason ive got it into my head that I should forge every single sns when i really should be exploring other weapons or getting better armour.

Hopfully i'll soon be high rank like you guys so we can take on harder quests
Hey guys! It was fun! Had a good day all around yesterday, met some decent randoms, we helped each others with the 3* urgent. Then came across Soneet and Faust, and then u guys.

Dont get too excited about "harder" quests. 4* quests have been pretty silly so far.

noonche

Fistwell said:
Hey guys! It was fun! Had a good day all around yesterday, met some decent randoms, we helped each others with the 3* urgent. Then came across Soneet and Faust, and then u guys.

Dont get too excited about "harder" quests. 4* quests have been pretty silly so far.

Yeah, I kind of felt the +quests had more to look forward to in MH2. They where a lot harder, and I didn't wind up encountering monsters like Kirin, Teostra, Lunastra, Kushala Daora, Akantor, Rajang and a lot of the more aggressive color variants until then. Some of these monsters you could encounter at the lower levels, I just never did.

Part of that was because 2 didn't make you HR grind the way 3 does... or at least I don't remember it doing so. In 3 progression started to feel very artificially limited doing the 3* quests, and it seems to be getting worse for 4*. I'll probably stick it out until I've beaten up on Deviljho a few times.

Not having access to the farm while doing online quests also makes it stupidly difficult to generate money and base resources; further promoting grinding.

john tv

Four-ish hours from now, sprsk and I will be going after Rathalos and Diablos a bunch of times, if anyone is up for some hunts. :) Will post again once we get started.

Bought this,

now all I need is a cheap but ok router to get my wii online.
Any tips on that department.

I've played a little mhportable and freedom unite,
but never really got into them.
I slayed the great jaggi yesterday and I must say tri feels a lot easier than it's prequels.
Getting new armor and weapons goes much faster because resources are easier to gather now.

I went back to FU and it keeps kicking my ass even on the easiest of quests.
Just can't get a hang of those controlls.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finally finished my Uragaan+ set, and fully upgraded it. 448 DEF, holy shit. :lol That's with Armorcharm and Defense Up L, though.

Just going after a Rathalos Ruby now to upgrade my Red Bludgeon+ and I'll be good to go, I think.

dsister44

Fistwell said:

exam revision is really limiting the time I can play :( since high rank is comming up i might just make the jump from qurupeco to qurupeco+. how difficult are the + monsters compared to the originals?

selig

Banned
Wah, disconnect when my group almost had the Ratha :/

Btw. what´s really annoying is how shitty my armor is. Ratha often kills me with a one-hit attack. It roars, I cannot move, it attacks, im dead :/ And my group members are hit by his fireballs and almost take no damage at all.
But...I dont want to buy one of those fance armors. Im a plain knight! :/

I finally got to high rank last night! I was sad that the Jhen urgent went away though, my wife wanted to farm him for that Earth Dragongem (which I happened to carve my second last night lol). Will I really have to wait till the next sandstorm?

I haven't actually tried any of the high rank quests yet. It was close to midnight when we got to high rank. Excited for tonight!

gotee12

Hawkian said:
Do you know about the preview feature?
Yeah, but I don't know of a way to preview the entire set from within the game, without buying it first. I know the wiki has pics of everything but I've often been surprised at how much cooler stuff looks ingame versus shown on a web page. My Rough Edge SA is a good example of this. It looks "ok" on the wiki, but completely awesome when hanging off of my back...

iamcenok said:
It really is bad, Dont even try to say Kut ku!
I think it's funny how even "keikaku" is censored. :lol

I also did some Rathian+ runs today. It's really not very hard even with low rank armour. We just failed, though, because one guy insisted to attack Rath with just one third of his health left. And then he eventually died. Go figure!

Haunted

I completed a +set yesterday and beat Deviljho with a nice group (let him be called in by Quru). Yeah, I think I'm done. I just don't feel the drive anymore. :)

selig said:
But...I dont want to buy one of those fance armors. Im a plain knight! :/
You can't buy em anyway, you have to forge them yourself like a real Monster Hunter!

slaughterking said:
I think it's funny how even "keikaku" is censored. :lol

I also did some Rathian+ runs today. It's really not very hard even with low rank armour. We just failed, though, because one guy insisted to attack Rath with just one third of his health left. And then he eventually died. Go figure!
It makes me kind of mad when I'm away healing or something and I see someone in the background with a low hp bar still hacking away. Even when they get the chance to run away and heal they don't do it...

I'd be soooo rich if people didn't die left & right in our party =(

Remfin

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
I finally got to high rank last night! I was sad that the Jhen urgent went away though, my wife wanted to farm him for that Earth Dragongem (which I happened to carve my second last night lol). Will I really have to wait till the next sandstorm?
Are you talking about the Event Quest or the Urgent? Because the Urgent is slotted into 3* once you beat it.

Nicktals

Banned
Remfin said:
Are you talking about the Event Quest or the Urgent? Because the Urgent is slotted into 3* once you beat it.

Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure I saw on the wiki that the only way to get Jhen + materials is to play the urgent quest.

EDIT: Sorry, this is actually what it says: "Note: Upper Rank Jhen Mohran is only available through an Event Quest"

So I won't be able to get any Jhen + stuff until sandstorm comes back.

Leezard

Just got a Deep Dragongem for my second repel of Ceadeus! Some Luminous Organs as well. At least one monster is happy giving me his items I guess. :lol

edit: I need a Lagiacrus Plate for the Helios Boots? Shit, I thought I had all the rare mats necessary for the set. :/

Top Bottom