• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Tenbatsu

Dreavus said:
What is the deal with these ancient/rusted shards? I've probably collected about 10+ rusted shards during my MH career and around 3 ancient shards total. What is the chance that they'll be something useful (ie. a rusted sword/lance/whatever). Mine all turn out to be junk weapons. =/
Anything that have the word 'Worn' after appraised are good weapons.

markatisu

Thanks to Kyoufu for helping me get my 2* I needed done, now I need to get the HR up :D

He had to leave sp are now looking for a 4th person, trying to grind HR to get Urgent 2 open

GAF Server City 3

Tenbatsu

bigdaddygamebot said:
This would be great. :)

I'm big on uniformity.
Here are some of my top-tier mixed armors in the japanese version. You see, they still looks good!:D (sorry for the shitty image, took using my iphone)
24l4jtz.jpg

From left to right:
Pierce Gunner suit, Evading suit, Status Attack suit, GS/Hammer/LS/Axe suit

Mafro

Did the "catch the two Barroth" event quest. God I hate those things, I always forget about the tail swing after they charge at you.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Gotta love when Rathalos do that attack with its claws that BOTH stun & poison you. If you're below 50% HP when he does that, you're almost as good as dead because you know he's gonna charge your ass before you can get rid of the stun and the poison will have already hurt you enough as it is, and it STILL continue to drain your health after that.

Poison is really my most hated status in this game, followed closely by Stun. Getting both of those at the same time is not cool at all. And i have to farm this dragon for its plate. *cry*

Fortunately, i do the quest in the starting Island zone, not the volcano, so i dont have to worry too much about heat, and the camp is always close enough to take a nap + first aid meds from the easy subquests. Great Jaggi & Qurupeco aren't much of a threat.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
rooms are always full when I come on :(

Hopefully I can get in some good hunts this weekend

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
markatisu said:
Rotated another member out, need 1 more to fill the room (GAF Server City 3)

Schuelma if you are on come to our room

I would love to, but alas it is time for bed. I'm such an old man! I'll be on this weekend though if you are still doing 2 star stuff.

markatisu

schuelma said:
I would love to, but alas it is time for bed. I'm such an old man! I'll be on this weekend though if you are still doing 2 star stuff.

OK, yeah still doing 2 star stuff. I am trying to get my HR up so I can move on to 3*

If you let me know about when you are going to be on I can hop online this weekend and get some stuff done

Still need 1 more in our room tonight

markatisu said:
OK, yeah still doing 2 star stuff. I am trying to get my HR up so I can move on to 3*

If you let me know about when you are going to be on I can hop online this weekend and get some stuff done

Still need 1 more in our room tonight
I'm coming. Hopefully, I'm not too late D:

markatisu

Kad5 said:
Thanks for helping me with the Barroth urgent quest guys.

I love playing this game with GAF. :)

No problem, glad to help :D

Me and Jason/Chopper Dave took down Rathian, that was pretty epic considering I had a hammer and he had a bowgun. I took out the legs and he just kept up a constant barrage till the damn thing went down

Duress

Woohoo! I'm no longer a rookie. I'm an "elite hunter".

I guess I should start work on leveling up my armor and farming more items for the journey ahead.

Bisnic

Oh god, it's the 1st time i see a Rathian joining the fight on the "The Omen" offline quest, which is just fighting Rathalos in an unstable zone. All i saw up until now was Great Jaggis and Qurupecos, so it was a bit of a "you kidding me right" moment, but the damn Rathian just keep following Rathalos!! And whenever Rathalos is separate from Rathian, if he roar, Rathian will come.

Fighting 2 of these in the same zone sure is challenging.

forrest

formerly nacire
Bisnic said:
Oh god, it's the 1st time i see a Rathian joining the fight on the "The Omen" offline quest, which is just fighting Rathalos in an unstable zone. All i saw up until now was Great Jaggis and Quru, but the damn Rathian just keep following Rathalos!! And whenever Rathalos is separate from Rathian, if he roar, Rathian will come.

Fighting 2 of these in the same zone sure is challenging.

Yet so much fun!

Bisnic

nacire said:
Yet so much fun!

Yeah, i have to be a master of controlling the camera now when i have 2 hungry dragons after me.

Thank god for the Rathian armor set. Hearing skill + extra Fire res helped.

Soneet said:
Great games Faust & Selenae! Sorry for some of my hammer hits, haven't played with one in quite some time :p
Hey guys, it was great fun! Soneet, sorry you had to put up with the infernal duo's antics. I thought it was hilarious however how they left, we started cussing them out, then one came back, we kept cussing them out. And only THEN we noticed he was back.
"Oh.... hey... ahem... sup? wb, holmes!" :)

But that guy really isnt bad, his friend is the real pain. If u noticed he actually went invisible, which i'm guessing means he himself was getting annoyed with his mate.

Oh, and come on! I hit you way more than u hit me! I'm the one who should be apologizing!

windfish said:
yeah i dont mind getting hit now and then, its just part of the mechanic and we owned rathalos so much today it was just fun (and always is, playing in a carring and capable team).
Playing with Hunter as a Gunner was helping too since there was no other swordsman hacking and slashing around los feet and hitting each other!
oh and btw iam serious we should try to take on JOE in the near future!! Don't stop believin'!!! ;D
Yeah, having a gunner makes it easier, more room and less clusterfudge. He was wrecking all sort of shit up too! I dont know what kind of explosive shot that was but he kept getting us openings by making los twitch! Delicious!
And yeah, i kinda agree with you on the joe thing. Los and giggi and uragaan and so on are all cute and all, but we almost never get a real epic fight anymore. Most fights last 15, 20 mins at most (lagi for example). I wouldnt mind sinking my teeth into something a little more expansive. Also, wearing a + set, joe doesnt really hit THAT hard. We should try on that capture +quru quest, he almost always seems to call joe in.

john tv

I need to grind about 1800 HRP to get to HR 40 and open up my five-star quests (already cleared the los/ian urgent). Anyone up for a couple of quick beatdowns? Peco or Jaggi or Ludroth or whatever.

ShinNL

Mafro said:
Thinking about getting that Logitech Wii USB keyboard for this. Is it worth it? does anyone else have it?
I'm using it and it's great. I didn't want a big huge keyboard so this tiny one was perfect for me. I use it for my PC too (but it's only good for chatting because some of the keys are weird so it's not good if you want to actually work/program with it).

Leezard

Playing with people who won't heal is so annoying when you're on 3* quests. A single (random) player getting three deaths from an Uragaan within 10 mins is just horrible. :/

I am in love with my Shadowbinder sword. Combined with my +10 SpeedSetup charm and some Flash Bombs I severely handicap monsters during our hunts. I've got a fantastic combo down where the minute I paralyze them I lay a Pitfall Trap at the monsters feet. The timing works out just right because the instant the paralysis wears off the Pitfall Trap is ready. The monster then falls into the trap and I've timed it so that when they break free a flash bomb explodes in their face. It's so much fun disabling a monster to that extent all of my own accord.

It does to less damage than my elemental swords but I think the trade off for enabling my 3 other party members to get constant hits in more than make up for my lack of damage.

I really really wish somebody would translate that Armor Skill calculator Tenbatsu posted a while ago. That would really help out a ton as I try to get some great skill sets.

ShinNL

I postponed the personalized banner, but this is quite usable I think? I'll be online 5 minutes.

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
EU - HJHKPB - Shin (Soneet)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

Luigiv

Soneet said:
I postponed the personalized banner, but this is quite usable I think? I'll be online 5 minutes.

EU - HJHKPB - Shin (Soneet)

Sweet you got the PAL one up :D. Actually I may join you now (depends if the TV's free).

Edit:
EU - HJADE5 - LuigiV (Luigiv)

apujanata

Asked this question in the community thread, but wanted to ask this here (since this one seem to be much more alive, and hopefully can give me answer faster)
Do I need to do anything to active my Wii Speak ? Got the device, but not sure how to use it.

I am having problem with my Wii right now (couldn't read any Wii game disc, but able to read GC game disc), so I need to have it repaired before I can play MH3 some more and get online with it.

markatisu

apujanata said:
Asked this question in the community thread, but wanted to ask this here (since this one seem to be much more alive, and hopefully can give me answer faster)

I think you have to install the Wii Speak channel if you want to tweak it outside MH, but MHTri will detect it automatically once you start the game. You will see it light up blue and you can configure the settings some once in the game

oracrest

markatisu said:
I think you have to install the Wii Speak channel if you want to tweak it outside MH, but MHTri will detect it automatically once you start the game. You will see it light up blue and you can configure the settings some once in the game

also, you will need to be registered friends with someone else who also has wiispeak in order to talk to each other.

you'll probably just get a keyboard and use it exclusively though, wiispeak on MH is not that great.

Mafro

apujanata said:
It comes with a code to download the Wii Speak Channel. You can configure the settings in that, but I'm not sure if that's just the settings for the channel, or the games that use it as well.

EU - B1GT8N - Mafro (Mafro)

Kyoufu said:
John TV gets all the good shit...
So, I have a funny John TV story.

He doesn't have cool drinks and he's mining up on the rock bridge the veggie elder hangs out on. He mentions this, but probably figures that he'll use potions to recover his health.

I'm in the area and offer him a cool drink. He's probably doing the spamming the default action button thing that most gatherers do and accepts the cool drink without realizing it. It doesn't occur to me that he didn't notice.

Several seconds later he realizes he has a cool drink and doesn't have any idea how it ended up in his item bag. He's praising the HR god that gives him the rare drops that he takes from Kyoufu.

I didn't manage to magicially give to John a tuna bait I got from the veggie elder, though.

Kyoufu

Lance Bone Path said:
So, I have a funny John TV story.

He doesn't have cool drinks and he's mining up on the rock bridge the veggie elder hangs out on. He mentions this, but probably figures that he'll use potions to recover his health.

I'm in the area and offer him a cool drink. He's probably doing the spamming the default action button thing that most gatherers do and accepts the cool drink without realizing it. It doesn't occur to me that he didn't notice.

Several seconds later he realizes he has a cool drink and doesn't have any idea how it ended up in his item bag. He's praising the HR god that gives him the rare drops that he takes from Kyoufu.

I didn't manage to magicially give to John a tuna bait I got from the veggie elder, though.

I laughed when that went on :lol :lol

His MH God really does take the rares from me and gives it to him, haha. Curse his luck!

Good games by the way. I'm hoping to get some Agnaktor farming done sometime as the Qurupeco set isn't all that great for lancing :(

Mafro

Luigiv said:
Cheers for the help Soneet, Mafro, Faust and Apenheul. Hope to hunt with you guys again soon :D.
Yeah sorry I disappeared before saying goodbye, the game froze on me when I went to sit down for a meal :/

Can anyone recommend a good mix of armour sets that has a good selection of resistances? I currently have a full Jaggi and full Rhenoplos set.

Gonna upgrade my switch axe from Assault Axe+ to Rough Edge now, I think.

Well, work and other obligations are hammering me hard right now. Tonight will probably be my last night of Monster Hunter for a week or two.

Leezard

EU - P1PYHB - Bosch (Leezard)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So... Anyone on NA wants to help me with the Barroth urgent quest? I'm kind of stuck in it, and don't seem to be able to find a good group of randoms to complete it.

Mafro

EU - B1GT8N - Mafro (Mafro)

Top Bottom