• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Pancho

Qurupancho
Kad5 said:
Ok so what are some top-tier armor?

So far i've got full quropecco armor.

Personally, Im aiming for Lagi armor for awaken and rathalos armor for mind's eye.

But it's all personal preference IMO and what weapon you use.

Here you can see a full list of High rank armor and its activated skills:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Armors+

Tenbatsu said:
Top tier armors are usually mixed set.

This too, mixing and matching armor so you have the skills you want and need using decorations and now with the jewels is even easier.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Official Monster Hunter 3 Tri Thread of Animal Carving Made Frustrating

Rathian and now Rathalos Plates can both go to hell with their droprate.

Tenbatsu

john tv said:
Any known combinations that are worth aiming for?
Hammer user right?? lol let me see...

'Focus + Punishing Draw'

Let me see what I can add to these 2 skills. Need to know the charms in your possession too.

Kyoufu

MH3 comes with a built-in Desire Sensor that detects what items you desperately need and intentionally makes the drop rates shitty.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Kyoufu said:
MH3 comes with a built-in Desire Sensor that detects what items you desperately need and intentionally makes the drop rates shitty.

Which explains why JohnTV gets everything I want. Including a rusted lance :/

Kyoufu

sprsk said:
Which explains why JohnTV gets everything I want. Including a rusted lance :/

F*** his couch. :(

I still can't believe he got 2 wyvern stones while farming Qurupeco...

Which stage are you guys at now? I haven't been on in a while but I need to get back into it. Got my eyes on the Agnaktor G rank for an awesome lancing set.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Kyoufu said:

Which stage are you guys at now? I haven't been on in a while but I need to get back into it. Got my eyes on the Agnaktor G rank for an awesome lancing set.

We're just about to hit 5 star.

Luigiv

Kyoufu said:
Wii-Vitality-Sensor.jpg

It'll be supported by MH4, you know it.

markatisu

ivysaur12 said:
I'm getting this sometime in the next week or so. Will it be hard for a newbie to jump on board?

Not really, there are still plenty of people doing the HR1-9 quests. You might get stuck around the 2* online since everyone I encounter either is below HR8 or up in the HR30 range

I still need someone to help finish my 2*'s

Ridley327

Huge thanks to everyone who quested with me tonight. I managed to forge my Hunter+ set and it's working out great already. I knew saving all of those Adv Armor Spheres was a great idea. :D

Beating the living hell out of the Jaggi and Peco pairs in the free hunts was a nice bonus. :lol

tenchir

markatisu said:
Not really, there are still plenty of people doing the HR1-9 quests. You might get stuck around the 2* online since everyone I encounter either is below HR8 or up in the HR30 range

I still need someone to help finish my 2*'s

Tell me about it, there's hardly any gaffers around HR20. I have been checking.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
tenchir said:
Tell me about it, there's hardly any gaffers around HR20. I have been checking.
I just hit HR18 today, though I haven't posted any of my information in the online thread. I probably should.

Kandinsky

Question: how do i get more pages in the combination list? i only got 2 so far and im pretty far into offfline game (i think:lol )

Edit: Also how the heck do i damage barroth's tail seems unreachable (i play hammer and sns)

Boney

Banned
Sorry guys got disconected, was having a blast though.

Bisnic said:
The Official Monster Hunter 3 Tri Thread of Animal Carving Made Frustrating

Rathian and now Rathalos Plates can both go to hell with their droprate.
Why won't people listen to me?

Kyoufu

Kandinsky said:
Question: how do i get more pages in the combination list? i only got 2 so far and im pretty far into offfline game (i think:lol )

Try more combinations? Not sure what you mean. You're not spoonfed combos. You have to discover them yourself.

What I do is go to the item box, pick combine option and then pick an item. You'll see everything but possible combinations greyed out.

Kandinsky

Kyoufu said:
Try more combinations? Not sure what you mean. You're not spoonfed combos. You have to discover them yourself.

What I do is go to the item box, pick combine option and then pick an item. You'll see everything but possible combinations greyed out.
Ohh thanks a lot :D

john tv

Kyoufu said:

I probably shouldn't mention that I got three more wyvern stones the next night, eh? :)

Hiltz

This is taking too long. Why can't Lagiacrus give me some horn items. I only need 2!

Did two more capture and hunt quests and still nothing despite having supercarver and lucky cat kitchen skills.

Kyoufu

Hiltz said:
This is taking too long. Why can't Lagiacrus give me some horn items. I only need 2!

Did two more capture and hunt quests and still nothing despite having supercarver and lucky cat kitchen skills.

You're breaking his face right?

Poyunch

Man I"m really starting to hate that Sharq event. Four times in a row and no Sharq tickets. I only need one more and the game's refusing me that one single ticket.

edit: But I did get a Rathalos plate while casually killing one in Moga Woods today.

evangd007

Kyoufu said:

There is a solution! Just switch your desire. As soon as I gave up on farming for Bird Wyvern gems and went on to Quropeco, I got a Gem off of a free hunt frill break. Only four more to my next... ok I'm depressed again.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Time to get the Wii online tonight. Sounds like I'll be left behind otherwise.

How much of the online questing can i do solo? Like the early gathering quests/jaggi etc?

Hiltz

julls said:

How much of the online questing can i do solo? Like the early gathering quests/jaggi etc?

The first level quests are still quite easy to do by yourself.

Offline, I just captured my first Qurupeco and am about to do the Royal Ludroth hunt to finish the 3*s. Is there some HR I should work up to concurrently online, too? I'm like HR 4 now.

john tv

Kyoufu -- I dedicate this one to you:

pno28.jpg

:lol

(Yes, I got that just now in our one fight against Peco. LOL)

Thanks for playing -- hopefully be back tonight!

Kyoufu

DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I just started level 2 quests online and I should be on a lot this weekend.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Kyoufu said:
On Unite, my pals and I never let each other know what we need, or we go for reverse psychology tricks just in case the PSP is listening.

To this day, we are still highly superstitious with Tri. Always make armour kits in full from scratch. Never one piece at a time.

The game knows. It fucking knows.

markatisu

Kandinksy said:
Edit: Also how the heck do i damage barroth's tail seems unreachable (i play hammer and sns)

When he sets up his charge or when he throws the mud off him you can go up behind him and just keep whacking at his tail with your SnS or your hammer. Once you get comfortable with him you can tell his timing and its easy enough to run behind him, eventually you will get the damn thing sliced off. Just keep an eye on your health, being that close to him can get you taken out quickly if you are not on top of your health

julls said:

You can pretty much do all the 1* by yourself (they just take longer because the monsters are built to survive 4 people so a Great Jaggi does not go down as quickly by yourself as it does offline)

To get past your 1* urgent you might need some help, I have helped quite a few people get past that

I love ls users who can't play with their ls. My stamina bar is at max and what happens during pretty much every fight? The monster isn't within reach yet they combo me and I auto block (shut up I need my auto block) so within a few hits my stamina bar is at 0 and, oh what luck, the monster is right there to hit me with his hardest attack. Luckily I am OCD and need my health bar to be full all the time.

And I don't like fighting qurupeco as much as I used to. Sure he's still a feathery green punching bag but stop summoning Devijho plz =( It's fun when he dies and then I run to the next screen to mess with Deviljho. Yay for invincibility.

Oo, can't wait to get lagi+ armor =o awaken here I come :D

selig

Banned
Question-time:

Im using a Rathalos-armor set. Today I saw that by wearing that armor I gather enough negativ defense points as to giving me negative defense skill. However, I see a lot of players with Rathalos-armor. Is there a way to counter the negative defense effect?

Leezard

selig said:
Question-time:

Im using a Rathalos-armor set. Today I saw that by wearing that armor I gather enough negativ defense points as to giving me negative defense skill. However, I see a lot of players with Rathalos-armor. Is there a way to counter the negative defense effect?
It is the Protection skill, correct? If so, then just equip a jewel that gives +1 to protection (or enough to get -9).

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
selig said:
Question-time:

Decorations

I think I'm developing a real hatred for Diablos. I don't mind it in multiplayer but it sucks in single. I hate it when it spams me with charge attacks in a small area. I hate it constantly digging into the ground. I hate tossing my entire inventory of sonic bombs at it to no affect (and no, I don't waste them when it's raging). Next time I try to take it down I'm going to blow it to pieces with bombs and traps then wash my hands of it in single.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
markatisu said:
You can pretty much do all the 1* by yourself (they just take longer because the monsters are built to survive 4 people so a Great Jaggi does not go down as quickly by yourself as it does offline)

To get past your 1* urgent you might need some help, I have helped quite a few people get past that
Thanks :) I ended up going on and doing a few of the 'gathering' quests by myself, even one of those took ages - 14 Unique mushrooms took almost 40 mins. Kept getting blue/exciteshrooms etc. Anyway, went online and did a Great Jaggi quest with 2 others and wiped him out in no time, but next i started a Qurupeco quest with another guy, but he fainted for the second time with about 5 mins left and the Quru limping and falling all over the place. Oh well. More on the weekend :D Might be calling on some help for some of em...

Top Bottom