• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Hiltz

What a good day for Monster hunting!

Got my two Lagiacrus horns and just took on a Rathalos in Moga Woods hoping it would offer a plate item and it did from carving its cut off tail. I had to check the inventory just to make sure that my eyes weren't deceiving me.

I was in fear of having to be forced to hunt the thing down in the hunt quest in volcano area.
Now have complete Lagiacrus and Rathalos armor sets.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Words won't do it justice but...

1. Failed sleep for superpound,
2. Shock trap 1 placed before Barioth is cappable
3. Shock trap 2 placed, Barioth leaves, we wait around for trap to disappear
4. Shock trap 3 placed, Barioth leaves, we wait around again
5. Pitfall trap placed, Gigginox runs in from out of nowhere and dives into it like it's a swimming pool
6. Shock trap 4 placed amid much chaos, tranqs fired, mission complete

Wheeeee

Pancho

Qurupancho
Hawkian said:

5. Pitfall trap placed, Gigginox runs in from out of nowhere and dives into it like it's a swimming pool

Wheeeee
:lol :lol :lol :lol
a shame it wasn't videotaped.

Luigiv

Hawkian said:

Wheeeee
:lol Good stuff!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bahaha that you Znarf?

That was "at least I got some honeys" as in "well, this failure of a mission wasn't a complete waste" no more than 7 seconds before the successful capture

john tv

Kyoufu -- you still playing? I'll get on in a min.

EDIT: Ah, looks like you're full. I'll hang around a bit in case anything opens up.

EDIT (again): Actually I'm gonna go grab dinner, then I'll play after that. BBIAB

Jesus tap-dancing. This game really is about fucking with you. All i wanna do is find dragonbone relics, and for the last 20 quests, MFUCKING 20 quests, no freakin explorer in sight. Thats not bad luck alone. ITS JUST TO PISS ME OFF!!!!! AAAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!

Edit: Wait, how the shit do food skills work? I figured it was a semi random draw every time you walked in the tavern, but i've been getting the exact same ones for 45 minutes now. Is it time based??

Mafro

Got my keyboard this morning, so glad I don't have to use the dogshit in-game one anymore.

I'll probably be up for doing some online 3* this afternoon if any of EuroGAF want to join.

ShinNL

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
EU - HJHKPB - Shin (Soneet)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

Tenbatsu

Fistwell said:
Jesus tap-dancing. This game really is about fucking with you. All i wanna do is find dragonbone relics, and for the last 20 quests, MFUCKING 20 quests, no freakin explorer in sight. Thats not bad luck alone. ITS JUST TO PISS ME OFF!!!!! AAAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!

Edit: Wait, how the shit do food skills work? I figured it was a semi random draw every time you walked in the tavern, but i've been getting the exact same ones for 45 minutes now. Is it time based??
It's random. However 2 fresh ingredient increases the chance of activitating the skills listed and those lucky cat skills.

Mafro

Leezard said:
Sure, I'm on for a hunt or two. I would prefer to do it right now though, if you can.
I'm just about to go have lunch, but I'll be back on in half an hour or so if you are still on.

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
EU - B1GT8N - Mafro (Mafro)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

mclem

I wonder if it's worth updating the list - and in turn, the app - with a reasonably up-to-date list of what HR each player currently is, so you can tell at a glance if someone coming online is in the same ballpark of progression as you.

Yesterday was my first day without booting up MH3...

I still don't know if I'm going to be online tonight, got some sweet games waiting...then again, I'm HR26 and really want to get to HR31 to finally get high rank quests.

dsister44

mclem said:
I wonder if it's worth updating the list - and in turn, the app - with a reasonably up-to-date list of what HR each player currently is, so you can tell at a glance if someone coming online is in the same ballpark of progression as you.

Thats a great idea, i've fallen behind the people i used to quest with and am looking for more awesome Pal gaf people up for 3* quests

Leezard

Oh my, we were so close, Mafro. If only I hadn't messed up with that trap. :/ That's it for me for a while though, got some other errands now. Hopefully we'll be able to kill us some Lagi another time.

ShinNL

mclem said:
That's actually on my todo list, but it's part of the personalized banner and not this general banner. Basically I'm gonna let users themselves set the HR, because I'm not going to update it myself all the time. For now just say it in your post instead of having it automated.

Selenae: we did it :D *high five*

Captured
the fearsome joe
, another milestone achieved. It was epic with only 3 minutes left ^____^

Hawkian said:

5. Pitfall trap placed, Gigginox runs in from out of nowhere and dives into it like it's a http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif:lol swimming pool

Wheeeee

:lol Nice

Especially for number 5.

selig

Banned
dsister44 said:
errrm thats GMT so about 3 hours? that all right?

my profile on MH is kozy btw

ah, okay, that´s about 20 o´clock here. Will you be online anyways? Just so you dont have to wait for me if for whatever reason I couldnt make it :)

dsister44

selig said:
ah, okay, that´s about 20 o´clock here. Will you be online anyways? Just so you dont have to wait for me if for whatever reason I couldnt make it :)

yeah I will be, if you can't make it i can just hang with the rest of PALgaf

dsister44 said:
your PAL gaf right? i'll be on recuriting wisdom 1 from about 7 tonight if thats helps
I may be there too to help, but I can't really promise anything. You don't have to wait if I don't show up at 20.00 GMT+1 ^^

Soneet, good job on joe! You have no idea how glad i was you had saved a trap!
That was so, so, so close! I thought i was too late on the last tranq. Saw the trap explode, which i thought meant he wasnt going down!
But, yeah, it would probably be easier if we were 4 instead of 3 (and a half). Also, i was kind of annoyed that the other guy blew me up when i had warned i was bombing. But whatever! It all worked out! :D

Edit: hey koz! I'll b around tonight as well!

Ryuuga

Banned
Pancho said:
If anyone's interested to hunt High Rank Rathians I'll be at the server, need one more fucking plate.

Man, that Rathian fight took forever after you left. Why'd you leave? You only died once and he was moments from a weakened state. I understand though, I'd be frustrated too after getting pinned down 4 or more times. Sorry to whomever was waiting in the room at the time. The fight took longer than I expected from that point onwards.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Ryuuga said:
Man, that Rathian fight took forever after you left. Why'd you leave? You only died once and he was moments from a weakened state. I understand though, I'd be frustrated too after getting pinned down 4 or more times. Sorry to whomever was waiting in the room at the time. The fight took longer than I expected from that point onwards.

lol Sorry, I just got so frustrated, never in my life has Rathian proven to be so annoying.

Edit: I'm gonna give Rathian antother go if anyone's interested, maybe I just needed some food in my system:lol .

Kyoufu

Pancho said:
lol Sorry, I just got so frustrated, never in my life has Rathian proven to be so annoying.

Edit: I'm gonna give Rathian antother go if anyone's interested, maybe I just needed some food in my system:lol .

Qurupancho more like QQpancho amirite

Ridley327

Setvan2734 said:
So to get the level 31+ items do i need to be doing level 31+ quests? or can i get those items from doing 2* quests?

The + items are only found in HR31 & up quests.

No cheesing mats for you!

Tenbatsu said:
That's helpful, but unless I know the japanese armor names I don't have an idea of what the calculators results are. From what I can gather you use the pull down menus on the left side to select the skills you want, then hit the calculate button and it will bring up a list of armor combinations to achieve that skill set.

And again, I want to thank you for the continued help.

EDIT: If the language barrier ends up being too high for me and I can't make use of this calculator, then do you have some good methods of figuring out good armor combos to achieve desired skill sets?

john tv

WTF WTF WTF. Had two ancient shards and a rustshard and the $%&#ing game kicked us all out. Did the server go down or what?

Kyoufu

john tv said:
WTF WTF WTF. Had two ancient shards and a rustshard and the $%&#ing game kicked us all out. Did the server go down or what?

Looks like it lol

I guess I'm not gonna bother trying to get back on, dinner etc. good games!

Top Bottom