• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Ridley327

Awesome quests, guys; I get the feeling we were so close to killing Jhen+ both times. I'll settle for the last one giving me two Elder Dragon Bloods. :D

Hawkian said:
I'm about to start using LS, and using it in multiplayer. Please give me tips and not other stuff?

just play smart and don't use sweeps when surrounded by fellow players. i'm using LS as my fire element wep and this is all i do, i rarely hit people and nobody has ever complained. great for chopping off tails :)

didn't realise it was so frowned upon, supposedly. all weapons are annoying in the hands of an idiot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mr_Appleby said:
all weapons are annoying in the hands of an idiot.

Don't have to tell me, I'm a gunner :lol

Love my new gun btw, Poison Stinger frame, Thundacrus stock/barrel... great ammo loadout and massive dmg!

Luigiv

Alex said:
1.) Be aggressive, get your gauge up and keep it up with consistent attacks. Look into Fast Charge when you can

2.) Learn to use the Evasion sweep when necessary. It builds the greatest block of spirit can allows you to fade in the direction of your choice, it'll also chain off of multiple minions if you have some around to swat.

3.) Don't bunch together if you plan on using your spirit combo to build a gauge. Take advantage of the mad reach it gets. Properly planned you can get a gauge off of an unattackable situation just from the sheer range of the strike.

4.) Don't always feel obligated to use your spirit combo. Just link together a standard combo if it's not a good place to be, especially at maximum spirit, only the sweep of the spirit combo has any real AP hike over your typical.

The L. sword was a bit iffy in MHFU, but now it keeps fairly even pace with everything else. Just learn the offbits of it and don't knock your pals down

And avoid the GameFAQs angst from it, you'll really know it when you see it. (See above)
That's a tiny bit off. Keeping your gauge up but not using spirit combos is totally useless. You don't get the attack boost unless you land the finishing move.

As such, if your in a situation where using the spirit combo lots isn't recommended, then my recommendation is, keep your gauge up, wait for two opportunities where you can safely use your full combo without disrupting other players and get your gauge up to yellow. After that you can forget about the gauge and spirit attacks and just stick to normal attacks. White and Yellow boosts don't go away until you faint.

imprecise!

Neo Member
If fatalita is a gaffer, sorry for the disconnects. I guess my wireless is having a bad night or something.

ivysaur12 said:
Any tips for Barroth? I feel like I'm spending more time evading than attacking. I beat it once, but I wasn't leading.

That's just how Barroth goes--he's a big fucking spaz. Staying near his feet and his front left side to avoid tail swipes helps, but he never really calms down until he's tired. Just wait til you fight a Barioth.

Soneet said:
If it's the 3rd swing of the triple pound, then it's not my fault :p
That's a ridiculous answer on so many levels. I started writing a long ass reply, but i'll just drop it. This discussion is not going anywhere constructive.

robox

imprecise! said:
If fatalita is a gaffer, sorry for the disconnects. I guess my wireless is having a bad night or something.

That's just how Barroth goes--he's a big fucking spaz. Staying near his feet and his front left side to avoid tail swipes helps, but he never really calms down until he's tired. Just wait til you fight a Barioth.

i'm fatalita. don't worry about it. i'm usually the one getting disconnected all the time. so when you disconnected i thought it was on my side.

i did manage to beat the barroth urgent. and i thank you for the trap, saving precious few seconds. i did not enjoy fighting barroth. really is a spaz. it's a constant dogfight trying to get to his side/back to get at his mushy legs. hitting head on is big trouble, what with weapon bounce, then trampled.

i think i'm gonna have to go back to using claw method, somehow, on the classic controller...

Poyunch

PounchEnvy said:
So what's a good High Rank Razor Sharp w/ Razor Sharp+ armor combo with good defense? I've been trying to think of one but there are just too many variables for me to take into account right now. :lol
Anyone?

Scatter

PounchEnvy said:

If you're looking for a full set High Rank Jhen armor. Upgraded Low Rank Lagi armor works well too. If you're gonna mix parts, High Rank Bhahabra (sp?) pants and some jewels/charm should get you razor sword and the rest can be anything else.

Unless I misread and you're trying to get both razor sharp and sharpness+1.

Tenbatsu

^
Most importantly is to see what charms you have before you decide on the armor. Yeah and you want only razor sharp or with sharpness +1?

dsister44

Mafro said:
Did that quest earlier. It caught me by surprise and I fainted once :lol

hey Mafro, and hey Bosch (sp?) last night was really fun, mini uraguanns are awesome! You guys up for more hunting tonight? just need 1 more jaw and then ill be able to make an awesome uraguuan/barioth armour combo:D

i'll probs be on from around 8, that good with you guys?

Leezard

dsister44 said:
hey Mafro, and hey Bosch (sp?) last night was really fun, mini uraguanns are awesome! You guys up for more hunting tonight? just need 1 more jaw and then ill be able to make an awesome uraguuan/barioth armour combo:D

i'll probs be on from around 8, that good with you guys?
Yeah, I'm on for some more action tonight. You spelled Bosch just right. :)

Since it's pretty much imposible to kill mini Ura without destroying the jaw you are sure to get another one. :D

Mafro

I'm working till half nine tonight, so dunno if I'll be on. If I am, I'll give you guys a shout.

Oh, and what do you guys recommend upgrading my Tough Break switch axe to? The red path that gives the attack bonus, or the yellow that gives +15% affinity?

Kyoufu

Remfin said:
But if you already have your GS out, what do you use? The sweep is (AFAIK) the fastest swing from that position, so if you don't know when the monster is going to move again it's a good move to start with...

If you already have your GS out then you use Kick > Punish Stab > 2nd Charge

This combo is new to Tri and should be used by everybody!

Leezard

Mafro said:
Oh, and what do you guys recommend upgrading my Tough Break switch axe to? The red path that gives the attack bonus, or the yellow that gives +15% affinity?

Red path: 810 attack power

Yellow path: 756 attack power, 15% chance to crit, dealing 25% extra damage
Raw damage on crit: 945

Average raw damage every 20 hits:
Red: 16200
Yellow: 15687

Now, I went yellow path for my hammer, but I didn't calculate the damage that time. :lol

Let's say you have crit + 30% skill

Average raw damage per 100 hits:
Red: 87075
Yellow: 84105

So, red should be superior.

Just got this game last night! Played for about 3 hours. So far it's really fun, but is it normal to be completely overwhelmed at first?

:lol

This is my first MH game, so I'm getting used to it, but like I said... really digging it!

botticus

TheLastCandle said:
Just got this game last night! Played for about 3 hours. So far it's really fun, but is it normal to be completely overwhelmed at first?

This is my first MH game, so I'm getting used to it, but like I said... really digging it!
Expect to feel like that for the first 20 hours or so. And then once in a while after 60 hours. :lol

Nicktals

Banned
Boney said:
Every time I can, I send you flying. It feels so good.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but you sent me flying a TON during the last 2 alatreon fights. If i had still cared much, I would've gotten pissed...But I've kinda stopped caring, and will probably only play intermittently from now on.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks everyone for the GS tips. Lots of stuff I didn't know. I'm guessing I probably never learned that about the sweep because I played about 90% of the time with other GS users.

selig

Banned
Sammy Samusu said:
Wow, it's really hard to find a good Jhen team, people just don't know how to kill it. It's like 30min for nothing.

ò.ó

Taking the chance to ask: What is the best way to defeat Jhen Morahn? What I keep doing at the moment is: Spam cannon, hop onto his back and destroy the 2 targets, spam cannon. THen final showdown, I run up to him and keep hitting one of his legs.

orion434

Got to HR 6 last night... and I realize that I stink at capturing monsters. Is there a guide or something I can learn how to capture a monster. I managed to Capture a Great Jaggi, I used the suggestions from the Guild lady when I did that quest, but I've been trying to capture a Royal Ludroth and I was in a group of 4... we got him injured and he's retreating and I laid down the Trap and put 3 Tranq Bombs in the bastard and nothing and literally 2 mins later we killed him by accident :-(

I'm at work and really want to know the best method to Capture a monster... how to make traps, all the necessary equipment. I know that a Bomb Casing + Tranqulizer = Tranq Bomb. Where can I find / make Shock EX Traps? How many times do we have to tranq the fucker before he's captured? Anyone out there that's a decent Trapper could you help me out :)

ShinNL

Alex, you're the one sounding angsty. It's not even worth replying to the content of your post, which is mostly filled with conditional trolls. Who the hell is Narutofan? The tips you gave are pretty much damn useless too. They're not multiplayer tips which Hawkian asked for. AKA how to use the weapon team friendly, which you've probably never learned judging from your posts.

I play with Selenae (Fistwell) regularly in Tri and he uses Long Sword a lot, but in a good way. So don't act like I'm automatically hating all Long Sword users. However, when it comes to playing with Long Sword hunters, the amount of good vs bad team players is about the same as in MHFU. But the weapon is worse in Tri for teams since:

-If you want to get as much attack up as possible, you have to keep using the full spirit combo, including finisher.
-If you want to avoid hitting teammates, you can't use the full spirit combo most of the time and thus not fully powering your Long Sword.

So you either have to choose between fighting at full potential or playing teamfriendly (which severely limits the Long Sword's strength, thus comes the question: why bother using the weapon then?)

The best answer to using one is: it's fun. That's all there is to it. I also have nothing against people having fun. But don't act like this weapon is a great benefit to the team. Just because you're butt hurt about the truth doesn't mean you have the right to call me a stupid GameFAQs ass tart with angst. From my perceptive, it seems you're a GameFAQs visitor yourself and your own post is oozing angst since you're trying to be posting so argument preventive. Oh noez, you're not directly trolling so it's alright, right? Grow up.

Alex said:
Not really unless you're some GameFAQs hugging tart
Alex said:
But If you're still playing all around exclusion on it, you're kind of being an ass.
Alex said:
Trying to pull out the "WUTS THE BENEFIT HURF" is so stupid.
Alex said:
Don't rage at others because Narutofan69 kept knocking you over with sweeps.
Alex said:
so please don't drop an angst bomb on me like the GameFAQs base.
Alex said:
And avoid the GameFAQs angst from it, you'll really know it when you see it. (See above)

===================

Fistwell said:
That's a ridiculous answer on so many levels. I started writing a long ass reply, but i'll just drop it. This discussion is not going anywhere constructive.
Wait, seriously? Or... sarcasm? Because when someone triple pounds it's usually aimed for the head and when another players runs right into the 3rd strike of the triple pound (near the head) which is takes about 4-5 seconds to get started on the same spot (so clearly visible to the other players...) then it's not like it should be the Hammer user's fault..?

===================

rayner said:
Got to HR 6 last night... and I realize that I stink at capturing monsters. Is there a guide or something I can learn how to capture a monster. I managed to Capture a Great Jaggi, I used the suggestions from the Guild lady when I did that quest, but I've been trying to capture a Royal Ludroth and I was in a group of 4... we got him injured and he's retreating and I laid down the Trap and put 3 Tranq Bombs in the bastard and nothing and literally 2 mins later we killed him by accident :-(

I'm at work and really want to know the best method to Capture a monster... how to make traps, all the necessary equipment. I know that a Bomb Casing + Tranqulizer = Tranq Bomb. Where can I find / make Shock EX Traps? How many times do we have to tranq the fucker before he's captured? Anyone out there that's a decent Trapper could you help me out :)
If you're lucky someone in your team (or yourself) has a charm that gives +10 perceptive. That unlocks the skill "Capture Guru". This skill will show when a monster is ready for capture by paintballing them and checking when the dot is flashing yellow/pink. If you don't have this skill you can get it from decorations or armor parts. Without the skill, you need to judge from the monster's movements. There are lots of hints. Some get slower. Some rage at 1 hit. When they flee. When everything is broken. But it's still easier with the skill, so I really recommend that if you plan on capturing a lot.

When a monster is ready for capture, throw 2 tranqs to capture. I usually throw a 3rd one too when I'm guessing but so far I haven't seen any monster that needed 3 tranqs when it's capturable according to the skill.

Pitfall traps can't be used underwater and are made with Trap Tool + Net. A Net is made from Spiderweb + Ivy.
Shock traps are made from Trap Tools + Thunderbug.

botticus

rayner said:

Shock traps are thunderbugs + trap tools. Monsters take two tranq bombs to go down, it's just a matter of making sure you're trapping after they're limping, and actually hitting them with the tranqs.

botticus said:
Expect to feel like that for the first 20 hours or so. And then once in a while after 60 hours. :lol

Well, good to know I'm not an exception to the rule with my confusion early on. :lol

Can't wait to get home from work and start playing again!

orion434

botticus said:
Shock traps are thunderbugs + trap tools. Monsters take two tranq bombs to go down, it's just a matter of making sure you're trapping after they're limping, and actually hitting them with the tranqs.

Thanx, I'll make some Shock Trap EX when I get home. So say we injure the monster and he limps away to another area, we pound on it a little, he looks like it gets staggered... we lay a trap and tranq'em. That's not the right method? I have to wait until it limps away again? I seriously need that skill that informs you when a monster is "captureable" just so I can practice and see it's behavior when we can trap it so I can do it without the skill.

Soneet said:
If you're lucky someone in your team (or yourself) has a charm that gives +10 perceptive. That unlocks the skill "Capture Guru". This skill will show when a monster is ready for capture by paintballing them and checking when the dot is flashing yellow/pink. If you don't have this skill you can get it from decorations or armor parts. Without the skill, you need to judge from the monster's movements. There are lots of hints. Some get slower. Some rage at 1 hit. When they flee. When everything is broken. But it's still easier with the skill, so I really recommend that if you plan on capturing a lot.

When a monster is ready for capture, throw 2 tranqs to capture. I usually throw a 3rd one too when I'm guessing but so far I haven't seen any monster that needed 3 tranqs when it's capturable according to the skill.

Pitfall traps can't be used underwater and are made with Trap Tool + Net. A Net is made from Spiderweb + Ivy.
Shock traps are made from Trap Tools + Thunderbug.

Thanx, I could have sworn that I tranq'ed that Royal Ludroth 3 times!!! Now say a monster is not ready to be trapped, will it break out of the trap quicker?

Are there any other traps besides Shock EX & Pitfall? I have a ton of Thunderbugs and I can buy the Trap Tools. The only thing I need is Bomb Casings... to make the tranq's. And I definitely need that "Capture Guru" skill... or at least an Armor set so I can quickly change when doing a capture quest.

ShinNL

rayner said:
Thanx, I'll make some Shock Trap EX when I get home. So say we injure the monster and he limps away to another area, we pound on it a little, he looks like it gets staggered... we lay a trap and tranq'em. That's not the right method? I have to wait until it limps away again? I seriously need that skill that informs you when a monster is "captureable" just so I can practice and see it's behavior when we can trap it so I can do it without the skill.
Limp = capture, always. Maybe not when a Qurupeco heals... but that I've never seen yet >_<

markatisu

rayner said:

Basically you wait till they are limping, 2 tranqs should do it once they are trapped. This is an almost universal rule of thumb (if you see a limp then trap)

Shock Traps are Thunderbugs + Trap Tool (if I remember correctly)

rayner said:

Once it limps that should be good, regardless if it flees to another area

Ridley327

selig said:
Taking the chance to ask: What is the best way to defeat Jhen Morahn? What I keep doing at the moment is: Spam cannon, hop onto his back and destroy the 2 targets, spam cannon. THen final showdown, I run up to him and keep hitting one of his legs.

Obviously, you'd want to do as much damage to Jhen in the first stage as you can (destroy his weakpoints on his fin, take out one of his horns) so that the next stage is easier on your team. The actual fight is where the most screw-ups will happen since people don't realize how important it is to save the special attacks like the Gong and the Binder for when he goes for his bellyflop. The layout that my group last night did was this:

-one guy stays on the ship and mans the Ballista, aiming for his other horn
-at least two people venture out to Jhen and go after his arms inorder to break his skin
-once both are broken, Jhen should be well within cannon range
-for some extra nice damage, plant those Anti-Dragon bombs in his mouth when he's KO'd
-keep him away from the ship as best you can; he can still very much destroy it if he flops onto it too often

We ended up with two very successful repels as a result and we had to have gotten close to killing him outright (we haven't been able to destroy his weakpoints on his fin; they're a lot more resistant to damage on high-rank).

Kyoufu

It doesn't need to limp. The monster just needs to be at a certain % of health to be captured, which is some time before it will limp.

So for example, if a monster has 20% hp left, it'll be ready to capture, but at 10% it will start limping.

As my favourite saying goes: TRAP IT and CAP IT!

botticus

rayner said:
Once he limps once, he's ready. I think the only time this doesn't apply is if he runs away and for whatever reason you don't go after him right away and he has time to sleep - unless someone corrects me, I think that will start to restore health.

markatisu

botticus said:
Once he limps once, he's ready. I think the only time this doesn't apply is if he runs away and for whatever reason you don't go after him right away and he has time to sleep - unless someone corrects me, I think that will start to restore health.

In that instance you can usually set a bomb then a trap and it should be good (unless of course its so weak the bomb kills it :lol )

JudgeN

Wow, way to much unnecessary hate on the long sword. Its a great weapon on big/chunky monsters (use hammer for smaller stuff) and all you really have to remember is it call "LONG" sword. You don't have to be right next to the monsters to hit, once your able to judge the reach of your sword vs the monsters I generally always go for the tail/butt and spirit combo there while hammer/SnS/GS/lance users are in the front. I can do a full spirit combo and hit no one, but its not always the LS fault that people get it and its retarded to blame him only. Its a team game and if your team mates are going to do stupid shit like get right next to the LS user and start attack then there going to get hit. Why should I be to blame for that?

rayner said:

My method normally includes letting it go to its area to rest. Once weak, monsters normally goes to a specific area to catch a breather, and this produces many oppurtunites to trap.

1. You can set the trap with impunity as long as the monster doesn't get up.

2. Due to it resting your allowed 1 hit before it wakes up and that hit causes triple damage since it was asleep (can be used to alleviate health restore concerns but it could kill as well) .

Another reason i let the monster goes to its resting place is that it will minimize wasted traps (ie you lay a trap and it leaves the area).

ShinNL

JudgeN said:
Wow, way to much unnecessary hate on the long sword. Its a great weapon on big/chunky monsters (use hammer for smaller stuff) and all you really have to remember is it call "LONG" sword. You don't have to be right next to the monsters to hit, once your able to judge the reach of your sword vs the monsters I generally always go for the tail/butt and spirit combo there while hammer/SnS/GS/lance users are in the front. I can do a full spirit combo and hit no one, but its not always the LS fault that people get it and its retarded to blame him only. Its a team game and if your team mates are going to do stupid shit like get right next to the LS user and start attack then there going to get hit. Why should I be to blame for that?
There's a bit of irony in that sentence....

Long Sword can attack in a perfect vertical line (totally not hitting teammates easily with this)... you make it sound like anyone in your range (aka the spirit slashes and return slashes) is being stupid... that's a big freakin' range. Not all weapons are that mobile to reposition out of your way.

It's a good weapon in good hands. Not everyone has good hands however and the annoyance level of that weapon in bad hands is pretty high. Right up there with superpounders and upswingers.

PS. You directed every melee user to the front while you get the whole back side of the monster... (Hammer, SnS, GS, Lance) (forgetting about Switch Axe)

Kyoufu

A few times I've paralysed a monster with my Gobulu lance only to be knocked over for the entirety of the paralyse by a trigger-happy LS user :lol

And what Soneet said, hes right, if you're near the monster's head and you get pounded away, thats your own fault.

orion434

Soneet said:
Limp = capture, always. Maybe not when a Qurupeco heals... but that I've never seen yet >_<

Thanx everyone, so once it limps away and not sleeping it's good to TRAP IT and CAP IT! :lol Does it require only 2 Tranq bombs or 2 Tranq Shots? Or are the Tranq shots less effective? I've had numerous failed attemps at capture and I'm getting a little discouraged with those quests... or the spoils that capturing offers.

Hey anyone wanna HR Gind with a lowly HR 6 ~ 5pm EST? :D

Kyoufu said:
It doesn't need to limp. The monster just needs to be at a certain % of health to be captured, which is some time before it will limp.

So for example, if a monster has 20% hp left, it'll be ready to capture, but at 10% it will start limping.

As my favourite saying goes: TRAP IT and CAP IT!

That's great and all but how the fuck your supposed to know when it has 20%?

Not everyone is gonna constantly calculate damage output and stuff.

Why do i find this current argument weird since i'm using the 2 weapons being talked about (Long Sword and Currently Hammer) :lol

rayner said:
Thanx everyone, so once it limps away and not sleeping it's good to TRAP IT and CAP IT! :lol Does it require only 2 Tranq bombs or 2 Tranq Shots? Or are the Tranq shots less effective? I've had numerous failed attemps at capture and I'm getting a little discouraged with those quests... or the spoils that capturing offers.

Hey anyone wanna HR Gind with a lowly HR 6 ~ 5pm EST? :D

Eh i disagree with the sleeping part since its not like its gaining crazy health when sleeping but whatever.

Normally 2 tranq bombs/shots will do the job.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
rayner said:
I'm at work and really want to know the best method to Capture a monster... how to make tra ps, all the necessary equipment. I know that a Bomb Casing + Tranqulizer = Tranq Bomb. Where can I find / make Shock EX Traps? How many times do we have to tranq the fucker before he's captured? Anyone out there that's a decent Trapper could you help me out :)
I found the 'combination list' at the Monster Hunter Wiki really helpful for finding out what combos create what. If i had more time I'd experiment but I like having the list - printed it out :p

Kyoufu

Infinite Justice said:

Not everyone is gonna constantly calculate your damage output and stuff.

I was just stating the difference between limping and being ready to be captured. Unless you know how much time it usually takes for your group to weaken a monster then you'll be using visual cues like limping as a guide to TRAP IT and CAP IT!

Leezard

Infinite Justice said:

Not everyone is gonna constantly calculate damage output and stuff.

Why do i find this current argument weird since i'm using the 2 weapons being talked about (Long Sword and Currently Hammer) :lol

Either you use Capture Guru or you just wait for it to limp. If you have capture guru you will notice it doesn''t need to limp, but without that armor skill you will have no chance in judging it.

To add to the Longsword/Hammer discussion. I Used Longsword offline buy quickly stopped once coming online. It's great for soloing but I couldn't handle it well without disrupting my mates. Now I use hammer but I still hit my mates with the super pound too often. I pretty much only go after the head though, and try to avoid using it when a mate is standing right beside.

john tv

Hey guys -- I need Mohran Shells; are those easier to get from the normal "Repel Jhen Mohran" quest, or are they easier to get from the high level "Slay or repel Jhen Mohran" quest? Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Kyoufu -- up for some Jhen runs? Or baby Uragaan?

Kyoufu

john tv said:
Hey guys -- I need Mohran Shells; are those easier to get from the normal "Repel Jhen Mohran" quest, or are they easier to get from the high level "Slay or repel Jhen Mohran" quest? Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Kyoufu -- up for some Jhen runs? Or baby Uragaan?

Yeah sure. I'm pretty sure you have to do the Repel quest for just normal Mohran Shells.

Leezard

john tv said:
?
I got them a lot from the 3* quest Festival of Fear, none of those event quests. They should be easiest to get there since you have a low-level Jhen yet you can kill him.

Kyoufu said:
I was just stating the difference between limping and being ready to be captured. Unless you know how much time it usually takes for your group to weaken a monster then you'll be using visual cues like limping as a guide to TRAP IT and CAP IT!

Ok.

Leezard said:
Either you use Capture Guru or you just wait for it to limp. If you have capture guru you will notice it doesn''t need to limp, but without that armor skill you will have no chance in judging it.

I got it.

As for the Hammer/Longsword thing, i love both weapons and they allow me to operate so distinctly, but its kinda sad that they are the top weapons for friendly fire :lol

Still getting used to the hammer.

orion434

julls said:
I found the 'combination list' at the Monster Hunter Wiki really helpful for finding out what combos create what. If i had more time I'd experiment but I like having the list - printed it out :p

I've been using the wiki and I should really print out the Combination List when I get home... can't view it at work ( blocked ) That's why I post on NeoGaf... for some reason it's not blocked at work :D For those Capture missions they should give you more traps and tranqs, I mean they are necessary to complete the quest.

Duress

No one ever wants to do event quests with me :(

We had two guys who just decided to sit out in the tavern instead of just doing the Jump for Jaggi quest.

Why sit around and do nothing when you could be playing the game?

rayner said:
I've been using the wiki and I should really print out the Combination List when I get home... can't view it at work ( blocked ) That's why I post on NeoGaf... for some reason it's not blocked at work :D For those Capture missions they should give you more traps and tranqs, I mean they are necessary to complete the quest.

Don't rely on what's in the box. Bring your own traps and if you want more, bring the combination ingredients to make traps in the field. Also, if a trapped monster doesn't go down after 2 tranqs it's probably not ready. Thus far in my experience the hardest monster to capture is Barroth since it rarely limps. Was with a group that accidentally killed it 5 times. Try 6 just saw us setting traps randomly after a while. Caught it on trap 2 or 3 I think.

Top Bottom