• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Kyoufu

Bleh, I'm not a fan of auto-guard in the slightest. There are times when I'd rather use an evade or counter-guard rather than just plain guard, so I think of the auto-guard skill has a hindrance.

Kyoufu said:
Bleh, I'm not a fan of auto-guard in the slightest. There are times when I'd rather use an evade or counter-guard rather than just plain guard, so I think of the auto-guard skill has a hindrance.
I haven't used the auto-guard jewel with a blocking weapon yet, but I'm making a low rank agnaktor armor set for guard+2, and increased guard to go with the auto-guard jewel.

Someone wrote it was possible to park your character (with a lance unsheathed) in a corner of the map in an area with a boss, go make a sandwich, and then continue the fight, and my curiosity about whether or not that's true is getting the better of me.

Kyoufu

Lance Bone Path said:
I haven't used the auto-guard jewel with a blocking weapon yet, but I'm making a low rank agnaktor armor set for guard+2, and increased guard to go with the auto-guard jewel.

Someone wrote it was possible to park your character (with a lance unsheathed) in a corner of the map in an area with a boss, go make a sandwich, and then continue the fight, and my curiosity about whether or not that's true is getting the better of me.

Yeah it works. As long as the monster doesn't get behind you, you can pretty much afk and poop...

I need agnaktor set. :(

Poyunch

Fuck me. I quit the game without saving. All my hard work gone. Sorry again for that Joe run. I feel so helpless against it.

edit: Okay it just didn't save before that Joe run. :( I want to be so good against Joe but I can't.

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm in need of a Flintstone. Anyone want to go fight Qurupeco with me? I'm in the GAF room now, it should be pretty obvious which one is me.

botticus

Captured Rathian (twice) and slayed my first solo Gigginox - poison is a bitch. That takes care of my 4* offline stuff.

If anyone's going to be around in the next 15-30 minutes, I will probably be hopping online for whatever - HR19!

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
NA - Q7TGUV - Botticus (botticus)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

oracrest

sittin in a room with lonely1 and Khory, waiting for him to come back from a quest, if a frouth player wants ot log on and join.

Boney

Banned
Jumped in, and all 4 cities are full :(

EDIT: Wierd, it's not letting me on City 3. I just had to make my own one. Anybody is welcomed to join me and try Arena!

oracrest

na_banner.php
[/URL] Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread. The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40[/IMG]

john tv

Is Jhen gone? I couldn't play last night, kinda sad I missed him. If he's still around, I'd like to take him on a few times tonight, but maybe it's too late, eh?

Tenbatsu

Soneet said:
It's pretty awesome that one of the best charms is given free offline: auto-guard. But man, my advice: don't get too attached to it, because you'll totally miss it when you switch for another charm and use a weapon with guard. It took me a lot of hits to finally realize that I should be blocking manually with the block button. This is also the same time I discovered the lance's awesome shield charge move: move forward while blocking. Can be canceled to shield bash and then to poke string.... :O~
It is a lousy charm....:/

Edit: Btw you guys don't fancy the black jacket? Its one of the better chest armor.

Boney

Banned
Nooo the Sandstorm ended! It just stopped..
At least there's still the discount, so better use it now.

EDIT: And what a surprise my internet is crapping out.

Kad5

Ok I should have waited a bit before picking up galaxy 2...it's so hard juggling these two fuck awesome games. D:

Great quests tonight(Jason here). Aside from the one failed Jhen+, everything went really smoothly. I got my 14 Jhen+ scales so a big thanks is in order for everyone I played with for helping me. The sand has settled and I'm more than happy to know I got everything I needed from the big guy. :D Jolly good fun

tomegatherion77

Neo Member
HR49 looking to hit 50 and 5* Urgent, but I am always up for anything.

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
NA - JX11HZ - Magnus (tomegatherion77)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
john tv said:
Is Jhen gone? I couldn't play last night, kinda sad I missed him. If he's still around, I'd like to take him on a few times tonight, but maybe it's too late, eh?
Ya, he's gone.

Help me farm Diablos! :D

ivysaur12

Banned
Fuck Gobul.

Took us 30 minutes to beat. Only time we actually did any significant damage was when he went on land.

...And even though I got its Lantern, I still need a spike :-\

Finally finished my peco+ armour last night (thanks for the help, Leezard), and wow, it's so awesome. Wide-Range +2 and Recovery Up = team medic. I was necking potions even when I was on full health because of how beneficial it would be to the group. Every team should have someone with peco armour on.

Also, big thanks to Soneet for helping with my 4* urgent

dsister44

Tenbatsu said:
It is a lousy charm....:/

Edit: Btw you guys don't fancy the black jacket? Its one of the better chest armor.

auto guard has saved my ass a shit ton of times.

repelled jhen moran for the first time yesterday, felt soooooooo good, any PAL gafers on at the moment?

orion434

Played a little yesterday and I need only a few more pieces for a full Ludroth set. Do I have to be HR 9 to take on 2* Quests? I completed my Urgent Quest and wasn't able to play 2* quests?

botticus

ivysaur12 said:
Fuck Gobul.

Took us 30 minutes to beat. Only time we actually did any significant damage was when he went on land.

...And even though I got its Lantern, I still need a spike :-\
I'm not looking forward to the high-rank version I'll need a few mats from for my last sword upgrade.

Bummer Jhen's gone, I was going to finally take a look at doing that quest since I've gone through all the 3* monsters once now.

rayner said:
Played a little yesterday and I need only a few more pieces for a full Ludroth set. Do I have to be HR 9 to take on 2* Quests? I completed my Urgent Quest and wasn't able to play 2* quests?
Yeah, they'll show up once you reach HR9.

Kad5 said:
Ok I should have waited a bit before picking up galaxy 2...it's so hard juggling these two fuck awesome games. D:

Definitely. I bought Galaxy 2 first and then got MH3 2 days later. Big mistake. It's too hard to choose. :lol

orion434

botticus said:
Yeah, they'll show up once you reach HR9.

Thanx, I was beginning to worry that I messed up with something. I want to do that EGG Transport mission for quick money when I'm waiting around for a team :D

dsister44

rayner said:

yes you have to be hr 9. when you did the urgent quest were you the one that instigated it?

orion434

dsister44 said:
yes you have to be hr 9. when you did the urgent quest were you the one that instigated it?

Yeah, I was playing with a few others and someone said... did you get the Urgent, then I checked the counter and it was there. I was HR 8, I hosted and we completed the quest and I think I'm < 200pts away from HR9.

dsister44

rayner said:
Yeah, I was playing with a few others and someone said... did you get the Urgent, then I checked the counter and it was there. I was HR 8, I hosted and we completed the quest and I think I'm < 200pts away from HR9.

if you go on staus from the in game menu it tells you exactly how many points you have left until the next rank:)

orion434

dsister44 said:
if you go on staus from the in game menu it tells you exactly how many points you have left until the next rank:)

I found that out yesterday :lol The game is growing on me slowly, I almost gave up on it after 10 hours because the boss battles were WAY too long, but playing in a group is much better.

dsister44

rayner said:
I found that out yesterday :lol The game is growing on me slowly, I almost gave up on it after 10 hours because the boss battles were WAY too long, but playing in a group is much better.

that wa sone of the things I like best about it, 115 hours in now and I love the fact that boss battles are so long, difficult and epic

orion434

dsister44 said:
that wa sone of the things I like best about it, 115 hours in now and I love the fact that boss battles are so long, difficult and epic

I guess this is where I should have listened to the first page, I went straight in as a Gunner, and when you don't know what bullets are Rapid, which ones you get a boost with or have no idea about reload & recoil speeds it tends to make the bosses that much harder. Once I figured out all the little details I love the class, and have sunk ~ 40 hours into it her now.

Just a bit of a background, I come from Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Online before that, bosses last 5 - 10 mins max. I've failed a few MH3 missions due to running out of time

tomegatherion77

Neo Member
Do people avoid the 5* urgent like the plague or what? Seems like no one wants to do it. I was on at peak time today(late morning for me)...It is a hard fight but damn, all the other urgents before this I could get a group in 30 seconds flat....well if anyone needs/wants to do the 5* urgent let me know. Im in Japan, but I can make it happen any time if we got the numbers.

Top Bottom