• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

john tv

Sorry I didn't make it on tonight, guys -- packing for a trip and it took more time than I thought. MH3 is comin' with me tho -- and I'm gonna have a -lot- of free time in the next two weeks -- so I'll be on a lot more starting this weekend. :)

oracrest

mhtri.jpg

Mafro

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
EU - B1GT8N - Mafro (Mafro)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

dsister44

EU - MLHLAL - kozy (dsister44)

botticus

According to my save file, 70. 80 according to the Nintendo Channel with pauses and whatnot included.

Someone tell me they want to play online so I don't have to choose between the terrifying 5* offline monster roster! Barioth didn't seem to bad online, I will try him in the meantime. Actually, scratch that, I'll see if I can get some Flame Sacs from Rathalos for a better fire weapon against Barioth.

So, I killed Joe today. Or rather, I assisted Znarf, Haruka, and a 4th who's name I fail to remember (polite fellow) in killing Joe. I hope I was remotely helpful.

Favorite Moment: Joe is about to breath his dragon breath and I'm trapped in a canyon. Can't go right, can't go left, turning around and running away would be to slow. So I run straight at him and dive under his chin just as he lets loose. Safe.

botticus

Well, Rathalos was far more of a pain in the ass solo than I expected. My third attempt I didn't die at all, but a trap with 2 minutes left tells me I didn't even get him down to < 20% health. Probably due to the fact that he's flying around out of reach half the time.

At least I was smart enough to end via subquest this time so I could recoup some cash for all the items I wasted.

Poyunch

Man I'm in a crisis. Should I use my last Rathalos Ruby for the Rathalos+ set or for Eternal Hate? My previous was used (with no regret) on Blazing Falchion.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got the first two stars in Mario Galaxy, and it's truly fantastic, but as I got to the world map again, I thought... but none of this is going to help me take down Diablos.

This game has its claws in me good. Gonna do a little singleplayer then get online, up for absolutely anything. :D

botticus

Hawkian said:
Got the first two stars in Mario Galaxy, and it's truly fantastic, but as I got to the world map again, I thought... but none of this is going to help me take down Diablos.

This game has its claws in me good. Gonna do a little singleplayer then get online, up for absolutely anything. :D
:lol Sounds familiar!

NA - Q7TGUV - Botticus (botticus) - HR21

I'd like some revenge on Rathalos for his horrific treatment of me offline, but anything else is good too.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
PounchEnvy said:
Man I'm in a crisis. Should I use my last Rathalos Ruby for the Rathalos+ set or for Eternal Hate? My previous was used (with no regret) on Blazing Falchion.
Go for the Eternal Hate. LR Rathalos set is for the most part better than HR Rathalos armor if only for the fact that it has better skills.

SYNTAX182

160 hours in. HR23. Just been Ceadeus and got his armor. Now time to rank up!

Never have I put so many hours into a game. The only ones I can remember getting close to that playing time is Suikoden 2 and Street Fighter IV.

Best game eva, last name greatest.

Poyunch

Woo got an ancientshard SnS. SnS each time I've gotten an ancient. Even though the Rustshard SnS is better the collector in me is giddy.

Tenbatsu

PounchEnvy said:
Rathalos+ Helm all the way. 3 slots, great stuff for armor mixing and matching! Eternal Hate will be overshadow by other SnS pretty quick.

CPCunha

Anyone out there just starting with this game? I'd love to give the online thing a go but bare in mind im playing from brazil... hopefully ping wont be a problem.

Poyunch

Just got a Fire Tempest. It's funny that my strongest SnS and SA are both fire weapons.

edit: And the first two timeworm charms I get and they're useless for me. Too bad I can't give them to any gunners.

iamcenok

NA - 8QFB6A - Cenok (iamcenok)

-Looking for 2 players for event quests Cold call/Blood Sport-
Recruiting-Greed1-City Gate12-City37

EDIT: gone

i just picked this game up yesterday~ I've got about 3 hours on it and i'm loving it! I think i'll venture online later on once i've completed a few more quests etc and got more the hang of it offline :)

I just beat Ogre battle 64~

Then bought mario galaxy 2 and MH tri~ gaming is good

Poyunch

edwardslane said:
i just picked this game up yesterday~ I've got about 3 hours on it and i'm loving it! I think i'll venture online later on once i've completed a few more quests etc and got more the hang of it offline :)

I just beat Ogre battle 64~

Then bought mario galaxy 2 and MH tri~ gaming is good
How can you manage all those awesome games?

Tenbatsu

PounchEnvy said:
Well I didn't know the Tenebra event started today. I guess I'll have something to do tomorrow in Monster Hunter.
A very powerful long sword after awaken and one of the few rare ones with 3 slots. Tessaiga looks cooler thou.

iamcenok

Just got the Tenebra. It's sweet. Slot opened up if anybody wants to join, we're doing a few more runs.
Edit:
-Looking for 1 player for event quests Cold call/Blood Sport-
Recruiting-Greed1-City Gate12-City37
Edit: 2 slots available

ShinNL

Tenbatsu, when did you started really mixing & matching armors? Right now I'm mixing and matching but never calculate charm skills, charm slots and weapon slots since I basically haven't gotten that many good charms and good (end) weapons yet. I assume that the possibilities are much greater when using these extra slots and skill points than what I'm currently working with (5* and lower armors).

udivision

Thanks for replying about the hours.

I'm thinking of picking this up, and even with work I'll have a lot of free-time to burn.

But I guess my secondary reason for picking up this reason is a little on the shallow side: No one else in my family is going to touch SMG2 (none of 'em bothered with SMG1) so maybe a game like this will be "cool" enough to get the interested in playing for themselves.

Tenbatsu

Soneet said:
Tenbatsu, when did you started really mixing & matching armors? Right now I'm mixing and matching but never calculate charm skills, charm slots and weapon slots since I basically haven't gotten that many good charms and good (end) weapons yet. I assume that the possibilities are much greater when using these extra slots and skill points than what I'm currently working with (5* and lower armors).
For the japanese version, I started mixing only at high level quest as I don't really understand the charm system that well during low level. For NA ver, I started mixing once I have charms. Most importantly is to build your armor based on skills. Think about what skills you want first before doing any mixing and matching.

I posted this a few pages back but I guess people here don't understand what the crap am I talking about:lol
Basically:
1) Decide on the skills you want. For this example I will use 'Punishing Draw + Critical Draw' Reason been no armors offer them in full sets and they works well together

2) Look at your charms and see if you have any with CritDraw or PunishDraw to assist you in activating the skills

3) Look thru the armors in MHwikia for armors with those 2 skills.

4) Let's say I have a Crit Draw + 5 (7 is the max for a charm with a class B skill. You can refer to the charm list I posted)

5) Uragaan Mail offers the most points in terms of skills with PunishDraw +3 so we will take that. Torso Multiplier like Alloy Greaves, Uragaan Greaves etc are great for achieving the skills you want. Diablos Vambraces CritDraw +5 so we will take that too

6) One combination will be: Uragaan Helm, Uragaan Mail, Diablos Vambraces, Uragaan Faulds, Alloy Greaves + Charm with CritDraw +5 and these are my skills:
1. CritDraw +10
2. PunishDraw +10
3. Defense Up (S) +11
4. Bombardier +10 (Will add in Bombardier Jewel (Bomb Boost +2 1 slot) to activate the skill)

This is just a simple example, there are many many ways to activate the above skills. You can even use two torso multiplier or armors with lots of slots.

udivision said:
Just curious, how many hours have you guys put into this game?

I'm up to 150 hours now. It's nearly impossible for me to pry myself away to play other games at the moment. Never thought I'd feel this way but I'm almost glad SMG2 isn't out yet in the UK.

Top Bottom