• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

oracrest

I uploaded all of my Monster Hunter images. I may have a few more on other computers, but.....

ENJOY!!!

4639756.jpg

Ridley327

Well, I have no desire to eat lunch now.

Much like Diablos, there is absolutely no way to make Gigginox anything other than hideous; sure, that's the point, but that pic is still nightmare fuel.

Tenbatsu

Lance Bone Path said:
Well, now you're nitpicking. :D That video with description is an actionable plan.

Saying things like oh you could change this and that and still get by would be well and good if you had something to share like a video with an even cheaper/easier set-up, but it sounds like we're doing the "not hard-core enough" thing again by pushing up player skill requirements by lowering the relative ease of use of the equipment.
No I am not:p
Bomber + Status Attack + Recoil down gunner armor set is pretty easy to achieve.

Let me give you a set without any charm assist (with the necessary decorations):

Blast Bracelet + Rhenoplos Vest(+) + Ingot Guard + Rhenoplos Coat(+) + Gigginox Leggings(+)
= Recoil Down +2, Status attack up, bomber

See?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yay I killed a Qurupeco

It took me forever because I forgot to bring a paintball and he basically fled the entire time. I killed him with 3 min left. I was never seriously in danger because I had lots of supplies but he took a ton of time. I can only imagine him being insane scaled to 4 people...

Ridley327

He's actually one of the easiest monsters in the entire game; only Great Jaggi goes down faster. :lol

His patterns are very visibly telegraphed in advance (besides his flint dodge maneuver) and he doesn't offer up a lot of armor resistance. His only real weapon is his monster mimic call, which does become quite the problem on high rank missions.

Remfin

Sorry Lonely1, I always seem to be leaving as you're logging on :(

john tv: anyone can give me some meat?
*Remfin offers some Well-Done Steaks*
*john tv runs up and kicks him...THREE TIMES*

and then the little ingrate took steaks from someone else! :lol

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Ridley327 said:
He's actually one of the easiest monsters in the entire game; only Great Jaggi goes down faster. :lol

His patterns are very visibly telegraphed in advance (besides his flint dodge maneuver) and he doesn't offer up a lot of armor resistance. His only real weapon is his monster mimic call, which does become quite the problem on high rank missions.
To be fair, is kinda hard to do some damage to him if you have low sharness weapons. Which is the norm at low lvl.

john tv

Remfin said:
Sorry Lonely1, I always seem to be leaving as you're logging on :(

john tv: anyone can give me some meat?
*Remfin offers some Well-Done Steaks*
*john tv runs up and kicks him...THREE TIMES*

and then the little ingrate took steaks from someone else! :lol
Hahaha, sorry about that. I was playing MHP2G yesterday so I was used to the START button opening up the menu, and I kept reflexively hitting that by accident. Sorry!!

I owe you one, LOL

Y2Kev

Ridley327 said:

He wasn't hard, it just took a long time....a very long time...

selig

Banned
oracrest said:
I uploaded all of my Monster Hunter images. I may have a few more on other computers, but.....

ENJOY!!!

4639756.jpg

Posting hentai-pictures on gaf? :D

Anyway, guess I´ll go online tonight again, couldnt play the last couple of days.

Kyoufu

john tv said:
Hahaha, sorry about that. I was playing MHP2G yesterday so I was used to the START button opening up the menu, and I kept reflexively hitting that by accident. Sorry!!

I owe you one, LOL

Yeah the start button thing did that to me too, although I do wonder, why would you need to open the menu to receive an item?

Tenbatsu said:
No I am not:p
Bomber + Status Attack + Recoil down gunner armor set is pretty easy to achieve.

Let me give you a set without any charm assist (with the necessary decorations):

Blast Bracelet + Rhenoplos Vest(+) + Ingot Guard + Rhenoplos Coat(+) + Gigginox Leggings(+)
= Recoil Down +2, Status attack up, bomber

See?
Let's see:
Rheno, giggi, and ingot armors aren't bad as far as materials go. That's pretty good so far.

Blast Earring --- Great Jaggi Coin x6, Qurupeco Coin x6, Barroth Coin x4

:lol

Okay, I'm going to nit pick. My opinion is that requiring off-line only materials puts it outside the "easy to achieve" when most people probably want to maximize their online playing time.

Kyoufu said:
Yeah the start button thing did that to me too, although I do wonder, why would you need to open the menu to receive an item?
I think it works like that in the guild hall, or at least it does in the guild hall in Unite/Freedom 2.

markatisu

Y2Kev said:

Yup, it will be that way for a while till you get some better weapons. You will learn his patterns quickly and then you will be able to take him out without much problem

Online is fun with him and/or Great Jaggi because you can just pummel the hell out of them.

Even the + versions are not much of a problem unless they call in stronger friends (Peco calls in Rathian in reg and Peco + calls in Joe)

First time seeing Joe is like first timing seeing Lagiacrus (on the Guts gathering quest), only more so.

Anyone have a special "My very first Joe encounter" story?

My first time involved Joe appearing practically on top of me and me running all the way across the desert with him chewing my tail.

Ridley327

I had my Hunter+ gear at the time, so I could see when monsters spawned on the map. During a Rathian hunt, the icon comes up for what I thought was at the time a Great Jaggi. Since he's a non-threat for me, I decide to investigate while the others smacked Rathian around and ran to area 5 on the D. Island.

The area finishes loading and, well, it wasn't a Great Jaggi.

I had few precious seconds to get my Hunter's Notes out to register his data before he saw me. When that happened, he then roared at me and proceeded to wind up his swinging jaw attack. I was lucky to hit the load zone before he could tag me; inches away, I swear!

Haunted

Y2Kev said:
It feels great when you go back to the tier 1 monsters after you've progressed in the game and they go down in 5 minutes tops without touching you once.

Kyoufu

Mafro said:
I've not encountered Joe yet...

Captured him yesterday. I did die once but honestly I find Alatreon waaaaaaay scarier.

I will admit though, Joe is just badass. He will fight anything smaller than him :D

Mafro

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
EU - B1GT8N - Mafro (Mafro)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

SYNTAX182

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
I'm curious after watching that video, what are they doing that's so different than the 45sec video?

It may be a while before I find a good group to do that with. Me and my wife try to sleep bomb him, yet despite me saying "When he sleeps we are bombing his face" like clockwork one of the other two players either wake him up by slashing away or blow up our bombs before we are done setting them.

Still very happy we managed to beat him. Deviljo is next.

I think I'm finally ready to mix/match armors. I definitely want Sharpness+1 but can’t decide what other skill(s) I want. I’m leaning towards HG earplugs which in that case I may just make a full Ceadus+ set and not mix at all lol. I already found a charm that gives to sharpness to offset the Blunt Edge.

You can offset the Blunt Edge and the other negative by replacing the Ceadus Head armor for Lagia Head armor. Then gemming it up for Sharpness +1 and HG Earplugs, you just need a Rook Talisman with 2 slots. That's how I have mine set up.

This is what I did once I got the armor set after beating offline. It's what I use all the time and my favorite armor set.

markatisu

DragonGirl said:
First time seeing Joe is like first timing seeing Lagiacrus (on the Guts gathering quest), only more so.

My first time involved Joe appearing practically on top of me and me running all the way across the desert with him chewing my tail.

My first time was yesterday, I was doing my first Peco + mission. We were bashing the Peco and I saw the blip go off, I said "oh here comes Rathian +"

Next thing I know this gigantic creature that looks like Godzilla 2000 came charging and all I saw was the chat screen come up saying "Mark Run!" :lol

Joe hit me with one shot and my life bar went halfway down, I just starred at him while I was healing thinking "WTF was that"

That is when one of my other teammates chimed in and welcomed me to High Rank Hunting :D

evangd007

DragonGirl said:

I was duoing Quro+ with a Gunner.
Joe showed up and did his shovel-jaw-rock-throw thing at the Gunner, one-hit KO.
We ended via sub-quest.

Y2Kev said:
Yay I killed a Qurupeco

It took me forever because I forgot to bring a paintball and he basically fled the entire time. I killed him with 3 min left. I was never seriously in danger because I had lots of supplies but he took a ton of time. I can only imagine him being insane scaled to 4 people...
i'd play mohun wif you but i am currently playing gyarukshi tsu and i haven't played tri in like three weeks

Leezard

DragonGirl said:
l.
I was fighting Quru+ when he suddenly called Joe. Joe ran in and almost one-hitted me, but I escaped with 10 hp to the next zone. I healed up, rushed in and threw a paintball on peco, got hit by Joe again, and badly hurt went to the other zone again. Then me and the one other player in the game started playing the waiting game. Peco flew to another zone, we pursued and hurt him. Peco proceeded to call upon Joe, so we went to wait in another zone. This continued for a while until we finally had killed peco. Such an intensive fight.

botticus

I used to be looking forward to High-Rank so I could farm Qurupeco+ for his armor, but the last page has turned this into a terrifying prospect.

Although to be fair, other than Lagi's first appearance, my original most terrifying moment in MH was when Rathian responded to a Qurupeco call. So I'll get over it.

Leezard

botticus said:
I used to be looking forward to High-Rank so I could farm Qurupeco+ for his armor, but the last page has turned this into a terrifying prospect.
It's easy as long as you have some dung bombs. I didn't during my first encounter with Joe. , I brought them all the time after that. :lol

Neo C.

Mafro said:
I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
EU - B1GT8N - Mafro (Mafro)

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40
It was fun. Unfortunately, we weren't able to do higher ranked quests. Hopefully I'll get the chance to farm Diablos and Ura (and Agnaktor, if possible) next few days.

Y2Kev

EmCeeGramr said:
i'd play mohun wif you but i am currently playing gyarukshi tsu and i haven't played tri in like three weeks
well take a short break and play with me

I don't have wiispeak though so we'd have to chat through other methods.

Question: When you set up a quest online and it asks you how many players you want, if you say 2 does it scale to 2 or does it always scale to 4?

Good games Sceolan, Bosch, MURO, and whoever's name's escaping me right now... syphilis or something? Disgyses!
I still can't believe i screwed up on barioth!! Sorry!!!

Y2Kev said:
well take a short break and play with me

I don't have wiispeak though so we'd have to chat through other methods.

Question: When you set up a quest online and it asks you how many players you want, if you say 2 does it scale to 2 or does it always scale to 4?
okay SIGH what gate and what's your username

also i have no idea about that last thing

Y2Kev

EmCeeGramr said:
okay sigh what gate
oh you actually want to puray

hang on ret me sign on den i pm u info

actually i'll post it here incase anyone wants to join

my aim is y2kevbug11 if u want to IM me

Mohunnery info: Kevin/6CVXN2

edit: I went to typical GAF city gate. That's Recruiting / Wisdom1 / Gate 40

Leezard

Fistwell said:
Good games Sceolan, Bosch, MURO, and whoever's name's escaping me right now... syphilis or something?
I still can't believe i screwed up on barioth!! Sorry!!!
Selenae? Don't worry about Barioth. I'm just a bit disappointed I went through almost all my Mega pots in that battle, but I can go farm em back. :lol We'll take him and his tusks another time, with another double Pitfall. ;)

Leezard said:
Selenae? Don't worry about Barioth. I'm just a bit disappointed I went through almost all my Mega pots in that battle, but I can go farm em back. :lol We'll take him and his tusks another time, with another double Pitfall. ;)
Oh, so YOU are Bosch! I had no idea. And yes, the double pittrap was freakin LUXURIOUS.
But hey, with the exception of that abortion of a barioth hunt, we did pretty good for ourselves... that is, whenever when we could extirpate ourselves from swarms of 1* hunters begging us to do their urgent for them!! (or bug squishing quest)

Kyoufu

Y2Kev said:

Already said this a page or two ago but no, there is no scaling. Quests are designed for 4 players.

Leezard

Fistwell said:
Oh, so YOU are Bosch! I had no idea. And yes, the double pittrap was freakin LUXURIOUS.
But hey, with the exception of that abortion of a barioth hunt, we did pretty good for ourselves... that is, whenever when we could extirpate ourselves from swarms of 1* hunters begging us to do their urgent for them!! (or bug squishing quest)
Yeah, we ruled pretty much every quest. :D Next time we go hunting we need to create a city with the "High" limit on it so the low characters are filtered out. :p

Ridley327

This sucks: my TV decided today was a great day to crap out. There's a lot of issues that may result in me not being able to play until July, potentially.

Well, I needed a break anyways. :lol :lol :lol

and so the epic tale ends

after the eight minute or whatever fight with the quropeco, the party parted ways

emcee went on to become a famous bubblegum tycoon, with his line of dung-flavored chewing gum becoming a hit amongst pranksters

y2kev became a successful manager of an apa-burger, and did amateur bodybuilding in his spare time

the royal ludroth wondered how it survived an encounter with emcee with its tail intact, and so went on to become a motivational speaker about dino jesus and his plan

` THE
END `

john tv

Kyoufu said:
I always do it by accident -- whenever I receive, I instinctively jump to the menu before realizing I can just press A. Problem today was I was hitting START to open the menu because of MHP2G, and as a result I kept kicking Rem instead of taking the steaks, lol. I felt bad but I couldn't stop laughing -- it just looked so comical, haha.

ShinNL

DragonGirl said:

Heh, I was online with 1 other player capturing a Quru+. Quru mimicked another scream but I thought it was a Rathian or something. The other player went: uh oh, that scream...

I didn't get it and continued beating up Quru. Then this Joe guy showed up and I was like "oh cool, a new monster". I thought it was pretty cool and probably seen some glimpses of it in videos. However, I didn't know
it was some fearsome online-only monster
. We continued fighting Quru and it flew away shortly after. Joe never touched me and we continued to kill the Quru.

Because I never got a hit by Joe and didn't know the story behind that guy, I thought it was just another Uragaan :p

This still continued for 2 more games with different people (and Quru calling it) with me totally ignoring that guy.

After that I finally got hit
when it was in outbreak mode
and realized that I should stay away :lol
that guy likes to keep the pressure on after a hit :O

Kyoufu said:
Already said this a page or two ago but no, there is no scaling. Quests are designed for 4 players.

Then what's the point of setting the number of players? A holdover from 10 player rooms I assume?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Ridley327 said:
Well, I have no desire to eat lunch now.

Much like Diablos, there is absolutely no way to make Gigginox anything other than hideous; sure, that's the point, but that pic is still nightmare fuel.
The pic is actually of khezu.

botticus

Alright, heading on in a few minutes. Anyone up for helping me with my Jhen?

Time Warner tried telling me I would have to wait 2 days until a tech could come out and fix my internet, but I said fuck that and just rebooted the thing a dozen times until it reconnected. 2 days is a lot of Monster Hunting.

Top Bottom