• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Remfin

Soneet said:
You mean 2 and then 1? Because I thought 1 was using an item.
He means once you have the chat window open (2 - 2). You can use messages to cross-communicate with people in the lobby too (and probably people in other quests).

Leezard

Remfin said:
He means once you have the chat window open (2 - 2). You can use messages to cross-communicate with people in the lobby too (and probably people in other quests).
Exactly, that's what I meant. 1 is for whispering during chat.

Haunted

It's a pity that one of the few Rare1 sets I actually give a toss about (Leather) doesn't have a + version in the forge. :/

Hawkian said:
Why is egg carrying something you want to be difficult in this game? :lol
:lol I've encountered that mindset before. 700+ hour hardcore people should think of all the regular Joes trying to play this game. ;)

Game is tough enough as is, imo.

edit: Also, why the fuck do I need Barioth+ materials for a Rathian armour? Makes no sense to me. :/

Remfin

Haunted said:
It's a pity that one of the few Rare1 sets I actually give a toss about (Leather) doesn't have a + version in the forge. :/
You do realize you need to kill high-rank Kelbis/Popos to get the stuff to make Leather+? :D

Haunted

Remfin said:
You do realize you need to kill high-rank Kelbis/Popos to get the stuff to make Leather+? :D
:eek: :eek:

I thought I killed a bit of everything already... (to get as much stuff as possible to appear in the forge). How could I forget the Kelbis!

Kyoufu

Tenbatsu said:
^
You should really try out the egg carrying mission for the original monster hunter, its a freaking nightmare:lol

Egg carrying in MH3 is way too easy.

Amen. I wanted to throw my controller so many times when carrying Eggs in MH1. Those fucking bulls......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

explodet

:lol

My main is rank 28 and now decked out in full Uragaan armor. That event quest with the mini-Uragaan was great for farming - rushshards galore and easily two-mannable. Stupid scutes took a while though.

Meanwhile the gunner I started has hit a bit of a wall - developing him was going well until I found out that the Fearsome Maw from Gigginox has one of the worst droprates in the game. Up yours Gig, up whatever orifice is not your head.

Mafro

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
EU - B1GT8N - Mafro (Mafro)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

markatisu

If anyone is online and wants to play with me I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.

NA - TYDHLQ - ISUMark (Markatisu) HR29

botticus

I must have lucked out with the volcano transporting quest. I think I heard Rathalos start to descend in Area 3 as I was running through with my third stone, but otherwise it was just avoiding obnoxious little monsters.

My friend was online for the first time in ages so I spent a lot of time grinding him up to HR12. Slowly got myself up to HR30 too! Guess that means Jhen today if I have some time. First I think I need to restock my honey offline.

Thanks a lot to everyone who popped into the room over the course of the evening to help out. MHGAF is awesome.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Shit. markatisu and I were taking on Rathalos and failed in the last 5 minutes. Crap :lol

botticus

schuelma said:
Shit. markatisu and I were taking on Rathalos and failed in the last 5 minutes. Crap :lol
That's why I'm smart and just join up with him for Ludroth!

Everything's on sale again - did a sandstorm blow in a minute ago? Or maybe it will just follow me around while I have my Jhen urgent ready. :lol

schuelma

markatisu said:
Dang, Shuelma and I almost got the Rathalos by ourselves

We actually did better than I thought. Probably shouldn't have wasted my traps and we could have captured him.

Ah well, still a lot of fun!

Well after my little pity post yesterday I went back this morning and tried Altereon with my wife.

It takes a long time and is very exhausting, but we took him down 3 times! Now we just gotta figure out how you are supposed to break his head because I assume that's how you get a Skypiercer. I don't think I'm going to make his set though because the skillset isn't all that appealing to me.

I'd rather have Deviljo's set which is my next target. Or at least part of Deviljo's set so I can get that Sharpness+1.

markatisu

schuelma said:
We actually did better than I thought. Probably shouldn't have wasted my traps and we could have captured him.

Ah well, still a lot of fun!

Yeah I did the one I had too early, ah well maybe another time

john tv

Lonely, did you drop connect or did I? All of a sudden it said you exited, then two mins later, I dropped as well. :/

Ah well, maybe it's a sign this wasn't meant to be. LOL. I'm gonna go eat. Thanks for playing, guys~

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
john tv said:
Lonely, did you drop connect or did I? All of a sudden it said you exited, then two mins later, I dropped as well. :/

Ah well, maybe it's a sign this wasn't meant to be. LOL. I'm gonna go eat. Thanks for playing, guys~
Well, you also disconnected form my screen. But I didn't got disconnected after.

dsister44

Mafro said:
Yeah sure. Won't be on tonight, since I got my import copy of SMG2 and I've been neglecting it due to this.

fair enough, ive got an exam at 9 tommorow morning so probably playing too much anyway:lol

udivision

I think I'm gonna take the dive.

I have MH3 and a Black Classic Controller Plus in my cart in Amazon, and have a 19.99 gift certificate from buying SMG2.

For some one whose only sword fighting experience in games comes from Zelda, really wants an RPG to sink some hours into for his new Wii, and is admittedly trying to find a game for his Wii that doesn't have Mario in it, should I click the order button?

schuelma

udivision said:
really wants an RPG to sink some hours into for his new Wii, and is admittedly trying to find a game for his Wii that doesn't have Mario in it, should I click the order button?

hehe..I've put in about 65 hours so far and I'm basically a noob when I go online.

So yes

john tv

Lonely1 said:
Well, you also disconnected form my screen. But I didn't got disconnected after.
Must've been my fault, then. Sorry :/ When I'm in Japan you'll never see me dc, ever...but in the US, well...yeah. Internet sucks here. :(

markatisu

So awesome, Zharf/Ken/Lance BP got me a Rathalos Plate and to HR31 as well as helped me clear my 3* Urgent and Blood Sport

My contributions suck so the most I could do was not die :lol

schuelma

markatisu said:
So awesome, Zharf/Ken/Lance BP got me a Rathalos Plate and to HR31 as well as helped me clear my 3* Urgent and Blood Sport

My contributions suck so the most I could do was not die :lol

Znarf and Lance carry my ass :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm going to go online and play the HR1 quests...if anyone wants to join, feel free :)

Is it not possible to change my name from Kevin? I didn't know it would be my online name...

markatisu

schuelma said:
Znarf and Lance carry my ass :lol

I was a total zonk during Jhen, finally I figured out what to do...it was intense and we got it with just mins left!

HOLY SHIT at Joe, one tail hit and I was almost dead :lol

Boney

Banned
explodet said:
:lol

My main is rank 28 and now decked out in full Uragaan armor. That event quest with the mini-Uragaan was great for farming - rushshards galore and easily two-mannable. Stupid scutes took a while though.

Meanwhile the gunner I started has hit a bit of a wall - developing him was going well until I found out that the Fearsome Maw from Gigginox has one of the worst droprates in the game. Up yours Gig, up whatever orifice is not your head.
Wait, you're using two characters separetely? Why not just have equipment for both classes, that's what I do at least.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Boney said:
Wait, you're using two characters separetely? Why not just have equipment for both classes, that's what I do at least.

With the equipment sets thing, I couldn't understand this either.

Boney

Banned
udivision said:
I think I'm gonna take the dive.

I have MH3 and a Black Classic Controller Plus in my cart in Amazon, and have a 19.99 gift certificate from buying SMG2.

For some one whose only sword fighting experience in games comes from Zelda, really wants an RPG to sink some hours into for his new Wii, and is admittedly trying to find a game for his Wii that doesn't have Mario in it, should I click the order button?
Well this is my first Monster Hunter, and although it's a really complex game, it does a wonderful job in teaching them without feeling like a god damn tutorial.

It's one of the best games on the console though, so I definately recommend it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There are a lot of hidden things. Like a lot.

Some of those you can't just stumble across, a ton of them I was shown online, like:

Fishing Gobul out
Using Sonic Bombs on Diablos
If you keep cracking the wyvern eggs in D. Island while Rathian is around, she'll keep coming back to 8
Gigginox and heat (actually... learned in this thread)

Leezard

Hawkian said:
There are a lot of hidden things. Like a lot.

Some of those you can't just stumble across, a ton of them I was shown online, like:

Fishing Gobul out
Using Sonic Bombs on Diablos
If you keep cracking the wyvern eggs in D. Island while Rathian is around, she'll keep coming back to 8
Gigginox and heat (actually... learned in this thread)
You don't actually need to break the egg, just hold it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's more fun.

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
NA - KX9X89 - Hawkian (Hawkian)

markatisu

OK playing against + monsters is a whole different ball game, wowzers!

What are the tips from the pros to + monsters? Can I use the same armor I have now just keep upgrading it or am I supposed to just ditch all the low rank armor now

markatisu said:
OK playing against + monsters is a whole different ball game, wowzers!

What are the tips from the pros to + monsters? Can I use the same armor I have now just keep upgrading it or am I supposed to just ditch all the low rank armor now
Ditch it, make the Rathian+ set, easy as shit to fight/make upgrade that all the way and you're all set.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Baloonatic said:
What's this purple eyed thing that keeps picking on me in the ice caves?

I just encountered this bugger myself! I just ran away since it's not my mission yet. ^^ Love his music though.

john tv

I went for +Qurupeco. It's nice to be able to heal/buff everyone w/Wide-Range +2. Also nice to reign doom with the hammer and still be somewhat of a support-type. :)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So I may purchase this game. I heard it's like PSO but I never managed to play that either :lol I am probably gonna buy it without the CC since I just got a new remote and nunchuk. ANything else I should know before buying it?

Top Bottom