• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Soneet said:
I haven't been an elitist jerk about this subject

Yeah, you pretty much have. You sound like an MMO raid leader scolding his guild mates (children? noobs?) for not following the right strat or wearing the right equipment. Condescending.

Someone wants to use a long sword, who gives a shit. Just let people play how they want and have fun, wow.
<--- Not the name of this game.

Boney

Banned
Oh man I´m so sorry guys for the screwup. Did everything wrong and forgot all the items. Worst hunt ever for me.

Duress

I set up a net trap to capture a Ratholos and as I try to bait him toward the trap, deviljoe pops its head out right above the trap, gets out of the dirt just to sink into the trap. :lol

Completely unintentional. :lol

So tonight was my night for weird distractions. First, while in the middle of a Barioth hunt, I have to chill at the camp because my cat threw up. Cleaned up that mess. Most of it was on a rug so I just tossed the rug in the washing machine.

After that, on the next hunt I have to pause a couple times to shift the rug around in the wash because it keeps unbalancing the machine (old washing machine).

Finally, I have to pause for a bit in the night's final hunt because I hear my cat giving her "Mom, come and kill this centipede for me!" yowl.

Edit: Also, though I probably shouldn't stick my nose into this discussion...

Soneet: I understand what you're trying to say in your explanations for why LS users annoy you, but your initial statement dug a bit of a hole and every follow up attempt to clarify just digs a bit deeper. Might we just drop this discussion line all together before everybody starts forming grudges over a pet peeve?

DragonGirl said:
So tonight was my night for weird distractions. First, while in the middle of a Barioth hunt, I have to chill at the camp because my cat threw up. Cleaned up that mess. Most of it was on a rug so I just tossed the rug in the washing machine.

After that, on the next hunt I have to pause a couple times to shift the rug around in the wash because it keeps unbalancing the machine (old washing machine).

Finally, I have to pause for a bit in the night's final hunt because I hear my cat giving her "Mom, come and kill this centipede for me!" yowl.

:lol

last night i had a baby chicken sitting on my head while i was trying to play (long story).

it pooped in my hoodie :(

Ridley327 said:
I'm sort of amazed that your cat has a specific call for that situation.

She's quite the vocal cat, and yes, she has one unique yowl for house centipedes. It can knock me out of a sound sleep and staggering for a tissue to kill the bug before I'm even fully awake.

She'll sit there staring at it and yowling until I get rid of it.

Luigiv

Mr_Appleby said:
:lol

last night i had a baby chicken sitting on my head while i was trying to play (long story).

it pooped in my hoodie :(
I think I can Imagine how that story went...

final-fantasy-xiii-items-hit-home-20091217110650072.jpg

insin

Neo Member
euro stalker said:
does anybody else have connection problems ? i am on euro server.
never had any problems until tonight little icon on the top of my screen.
can someone shed some light on this ?
I gave up trying to play online last night - really slow to connect and constant disconnects.

I went back to failing to get ElderDragonBlood out of Ceadeus, to upgrade my Breath Core Hammer :(

ShinNL

xelios said:
Yeah, you pretty much have. You sound like an MMO raid leader scolding his guild mates (children? noobs?) for not following the right strat or wearing the right equipment. Condescending.

Someone wants to use a long sword, who gives a shit. Just let people play how they want and have fun, wow.
<--- Not the name of this game.
That's so unfair, you're combining posts of people telling about strangers who force you to wear certain stuff and refuse to go on a quest with my posts. I'm totally not like that and I don't rage in the game. The only times I would type something for improvement are usually with people I consider friendly and 1 or 2 lines, not in a condescending way.

Kyoufu said:
I'm online if anyone wants to play. Up for anything.

find another room? Its this danny guy thats making it impossible not d/c\\

EDIT

Kard8p3, join up, msg me, my info is above or in the online thread

dsister44

I thought reaching elite would wipe out all the idiots, apparently not.

multiple times last night someone would start a quest, and then some new guy would join the room and post a different quest. I would join the first one and the new guy would get in a pissy, raging that I hadn't joined his 'mre fun' quest. theyd the just hang around waiting for us to do what he wanted and stopping anyone else joining the room

I'm not sure if this is proper MH etiquette or anything but the rule I go by is 'whoever posts a quest first is the one I join' I am in the right?

also, thanks a lot sel for helping me with ian, almost got enough for the whole set, just need that damm plate+:lol

Proven

Hello everyone. I'm a Monster Hunter Tri addict. I've been playing almost non-stop for the last 3 weeks, racking up 115+ hours. I'm almost done with the offline and up to 4 star with the online quests.

However, I have one problem crippling my addiction: disconnects. I can't go a night without at least one disconnect, and often it's more like 5-10 before I finally give up. I'm still using D-Link's DGL-4300, but even after putting the Wii into the DMZ, I notice that it blocks outgoing ICMP messages. Other than that, it's my ISP being shitty.

I will solve this problem tonight, so that my addiction can go on unabated. Thank you.

Disguises

Had an awesome session last night with some randoms! Took down my first Jhen Mohran (someones urgent quest) with 15 seconds to spare first try :D. Did a Cold Call run and finally got enough Dark Metals to make Tenebra! The whole team was awesome and worked together very well considering we didn't talk much during the hunts.

However, there was this LS user who kept spamming his spirit blade ignoring the fact that the other 3 of us were attacking in close vicinity of him. As a LS user myself, I'd just choose not to finish the combo in this instance but he was adamant on always doing it. Not only that, he didn't sharpen his sword much, causing a lot of his attacks to bounce of the monsters...
Personally, I see myself as a helpful LS user, if the enemy is small, such as G.Jaggi, and the other 3 are already pummelling him, then I'll hang back and look for an opening or use a horn on the team. I rarely knock anyone over with my LS (that I notice) and the times that I do, is either because someone walks between me and the tail or slight latency issues. If I see anyone near me - I'll stop the combo and move elsewhere.

Nearly at HR31 now so I can start some + ranked quests!

Also, Don't know if it was posted before, but I found this item database http://www.futuristicimagination.com/item/ on Nintendo Go. Shows you where to get items and if they can be quest rewards for certain quests.

markatisu

Diffense said:
I haven't really been following up on the GAF server thing for this very reason.

I bought the game while not even knowing what to expect and I've been gradually getting the hang of it.

I didn't want to deal with irritable series veterans who might be numerous on GAF.
Maybe if there's a GAF noobs subgroup, I'll check it out.

You won't see that on the GAF servers trust me (well you might see a dick or two, can't control that). Many of us help low level people all the time, and it still makes me chuckle when I see members like MARS or Jason (ChopperDave) helping someone in the low HR's when they are so high its probably a waste of time. I do not mind playing low 1* or 2* missions because the higher powered you get, the easier it is to just pummel the living crap out of a monster which is gratifying as hell.

I would not be closing in on HR40 if not for the help of people HR51-HR100+, and if you need help and post about GAF is usually there to support you in your quest

I have to be honest, given my experience with Xbox Live I was fully expecting to be offline only but I have pumped more hours into online and this game then I ever had anticipated and I think that is solely due to the awesome people on Recruiting/Wisdom1/Gate40

Ryuuga

Banned
botticus said:
Well, I tried to solo Quru+ after my partner had another DC right as we were getting into the hunt, but I guess it's not that easy. At least I busted his flints so I got something out of the deal; too much time wasted running away from Diablos, I think.

Sorry I left you in the empty room Khory, I will be around this weekend for plenty of hunting

Good game last night Bott, but sorry about the DC. I knew that I'd have some more downtime after the first DC, but never imagined it'd span overnight up until this morning. Everything should be fine now, so if you're up for playing later tonight just let me know.

selig

Banned
dsister44 said:
I thought reaching elite would wipe out all the idiots, apparently not.

multiple times last night someone would start a quest, and then some new guy would join the room and post a different quest. I would join the first one and the new guy would get in a pissy, raging that I hadn't joined his 'mre fun' quest. theyd the just hang around waiting for us to do what he wanted and stopping anyone else joining the room

I'm not sure if this is proper MH etiquette or anything but the rule I go by is 'whoever posts a quest first is the one I join' I am in the right?

I feel you, bro.
Just had a similar situation.
Was in a group, did some quests with them, not stuff I´d need, but just some fun hunting. Then, we return to the tavern, I take a seat and wait for someone to choose a quest. 1 minute passes, 2 minutes, and nobody chooses one. So I think "okay, maybe I can dare to choose one now", so I choose the Barroth-elite quest. Only moments after I did so, one of the others walks up to the quest-giver and...chooses something else. WTF

I really thought, too, that there´d be no more idiots from hr31 onwards. :/

Luigiv

Haunted said:
OH GOD what kind of unholy abominations am I looking at here?

edit: Home, I should've known.
Yeah, I was the only picture of Sazh I could find that showed both his face and the Chocobo sitting in his afro :lol.

botticus

Ryuuga said:
Good game last night Bott, but sorry about the DC. I knew that I'd have some more downtime after the first DC, but never imagined it'd span overnight up until this morning. Everything should be fine now, so if you're up for playing later tonight just let me know.
Oh hi (half the time I don't know exactly who I'm playing with unless names are the same)!

No problem, I was just like "hmm..." and decided to keep going. In the scheme of things I think Diablos is a worse sight in that quest than Joe, since Joe is far more predictable - and he kicks Quru's ass worse than I do.

I should have time for lots of hunting this weekend though I'll need to allocate some of that to getting my friend up to 18+... and then to 31+, but at least once he hits 18 there's still stuff I need.

markatisu said:
You won't see that on the GAF servers trust me (well you might see a dick or two, can't control that). Many of us help low level people all the time, and it still makes me chuckle when I see members like MARS or Jason (ChopperDave) helping someone in the low HR's when they are so high its probably a waste of time. I do not mind playing low 1* or 2* missions because the higher powered you get, the easier it is to just pummel the living crap out of a monster which is gratifying as hell.

I would not be closing in on HR40 if not for the help of people HR51-HR100+, and if you need help and post about GAF is usually there to support you in your quest

I have to be honest, given my experience with Xbox Live I was fully expecting to be offline only but I have pumped more hours into online and this game then I ever had anticipated and I think that is solely due to the awesome people on Recruiting/Wisdom1/Gate40
Well, to be honest, having 3 high rank GAF members powering you through your low rank key quests probably won't be as much fun as doing the same low rank quests with people who will be struggling just as much as you, but I hate to see a low rank GAF member sitting in a city alone.

The first 18 or so ranks can be done extremely quickly in a group, so it's probably rare to see anyone at or below HR 18, once they've put in a few hours.

Nicktals

Banned
Had some great hunts last night, felt good to get back to it.

Also, I looked up the name of the only asshole I've ran into on the GAF server...He's a Gamefaqs regular. Go figure.

Kyoufu

Nicktals said:
Had some great hunts last night, felt good to get back to it.

Also, I looked up the name of the only asshole I've ran into on the GAF server...He's a Gamefaqs regular. Go figure.

The people demand names.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Now I'm in a tricky spot... I'm telling myself I'm not going to play at all until my HDMI upscaler box comes, because the shitty Wii-VGA cable has been failing and finally actually cost me a mission on Wednesday, seconds from capturing Diablos... but I didn't play at all last night and I am feeling the itch...

I just got to Elite Rank and I really think it bears mentioning: the equipment sets feature really, completely rocks. You can basically instantly become a completely different character. I am learning long sword and it gives the game all the excitement and (terror) of the initial learning phase all over again, after 80 hours of playtime. Being able to switch so quickly based on what the mission or team needs is brilliant.

markatisu

Nicktals said:

Shocking, you should tell us his name so that we know to run when we see him

Lance Bone Path said:
Well, to be honest, having 3 high rank GAF members powering you through your low rank key quests probably won't be as much fun as doing the same low rank quests with people who will be struggling just as much as you, but I hate to see a low rank GAF member sitting in a city alone.

It is not fun if you are all struggling and continue to die on the same quests :lol

The amount of people who cannot seem to get past Barroth at HR8 seems to be the biggest thing I see

Tenbatsu said:
That is the weapon slot. Let's say if you want to use a weapon with 2 slots then you just select 2 slots there and see if the skills you wanted is achievable. From your print screen, you input a charm of Handicraft +3 1 slot. I wonder if the half translated program is working properly? Sharpness+1 and Focus without charms will result in a lot of combinations.
Is it that Handicraft+3 charm I have? How do I remove that?
Guyver_V said:
Jhen+ Kote, Vangis Coil, Ceadeus+ Helm, Mail, and Greaves should get you almost every thing you need. The only thing left is a talisman w/hearing+3 or fastcharge+4 and socket the armor w/2 fastcharge gems or fastcharge and hearing gems.
Thanks you're right, I forgot about that Torso Up skill since it boosts the most beneficial piece of the Ceadus set.

See look!

MH3Skillset.jpg

That works out to give me exactly what I want. Not too shabby of a set if you ask me. All I need to do is get a +3 hearing charm and I'm good to go, in fact I may already have one.

Nisa65

With over 250 hours played I finally had my first awful experience playing this. Some idiot by the name of "leon" decided to intentionally cap Gigginox when the rest of us needed a kill to get Unnerving Talon+ from body carves. Did it twice in a row despite being told not to cap and he also felt the need to charge into others with his lance.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
markatisu said:
The amount of people who cannot seem to get past Barroth at HR8 seems to be the biggest thing I see

Looking back, bowguns pretty much rape the hell out of Barroth, especially Para S + Crag S...

Damn, I should go back and toy with him now, I couldn't use Clust shots at all and was using an unupgraded light bowgun back then... :lol Anybody need Barroth taken down tonight?

NO HAWKIAN NO PLAYING UNTIL YOUR HDMI BOX GETS HERE

BUT ME WANTSSSS IT

NO HAWKIAN BAD HAWKIAN

BUBUBU MONSTERS

markatisu

Hawkian said:
Looking back, bowguns pretty much rape the hell out of Barroth, especially Para S + Crag S...

Damn, I should go back and toy with him now, I couldn't use Clust shots at all and was using an unupgraded light bowgun back then... :lol Anybody need Barroth taken down tonight?

NO HAWKIAN NO PLAYING UNTIL YOUR HDMI BOX GETS HERE

BUT ME WANTSSSS IT

NO HAWKIAN BAD HAWKIAN

BUBUBU MONSTERS

I need some Barroth items so lets do it :lol

I feel bad. I am probably one of the most heavy MH players here on GAF, and yet only interacted with one of you when the game first came out.

I will fix that tonight.

Tell me where you sub Hi rank Gaffers will be and when a group of you will be online and I will help all of you kill stuff you are having trouble with.

I want to help people who hit a wall and killing Low rank monsters is fun because i can be stupidly risky with them.

markatisu

Kard8p3 said:
Are you saying everyone from GameFAQs is an asshole? >_> if so, I take offense to that.

Well then you are too sensitive, I would also not be shocked if an asshole came from YouTube commentors or the vgchartzzz forums given my experiences there

dsister44

markatisu said:
Well then you are too sensitive, I would also not be shocked if an asshole came from the internet given my experiences there

fixed, everything with a comment section/forum has assholes.

speaking of assholes, tonight a guy told me to capture. someone had set a trap right at the edge of a zone and the ludroth wasnt going anywhere near it. I set a trap, the royal ludroth walked into it and i through 2 tranqs, which didnt stop him. Thus started having a massive going me for only throwing 2 tranqs and that i should have thrown 3 or 4.

from my experience, EVERYTHING, can be caught with two tranqs. is this incorrect?

Leezard

dsister44 said:
from my experience, EVERYTHING, can be caught with two tranqs. is this incorrect?

Everything (well, except elder dragons, but they can't be captured anyway) can be caught with two tranqs.

botticus

I did notice a couple odd experiences last night where I distinctly heard the sound of 2 tranqs hitting a trapped monster, but taking a third to take it out, to where I was starting to think high-rank monsters needed an extra tranq or two. I suppose it could just be an issue with the server synchronization or something though. Not counting the times where we trapped too early and did the last few hits of damage after it was tranquilized. :lol

Top Bottom