• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

botticus

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
NA - Q7TGUV - Botticus (botticus) - HR33

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

Whenever my friend gets online I'll be helping him the rest of the way to HR18, so I'll be planning to do low-rank stuff the majority of the night. But if anyone high-rank wants to join me before he arrives I'll be happy to farm Quru, Barroth, Gobul, whatever.

Whoops, that was definitely supposed to be an edit, not a new post.

Ryuuga

Banned
Have you ever entered a room with ready participants threatening to leave you behind if you don't accept the posted quest immediately? Yup, even if that means passing up a meal and leaving essentials like whetstones/potions. Mmm I loves me some randoms.

Remfin

dsister44 said:
from my experience, EVERYTHING, can be caught with two tranqs. is this incorrect?
Status Atk Down makes you need three (although you're fine mixing 1 of yours with 1 normal one from someone else)

oracrest

NA - 1HYN5T - Aegryn (oracrest)

gaflogo.png

Ryuuga said:
Have you ever entered a room with ready participants threatening to leave you behind if you don't accept the posted quest immediately? Yup, even if that means passing up a meal and leaving essentials like whetstones/potions. Mmm I loves me some randoms.
Wow, if they're that rude I'd just sit there, eat, check my items, mess around, and then run out of the city:lol

dsister44

Leezard said:
Everything (well, except elder dragons, but they can't be captured anyway) can be caught with two tranqs.

THANK YOU! this guy kept saying how much of a noob I was for not knowing the number needed changes every quest

What property of a weapon determines how well it can hit through a monster's "armor"? I decided to grab a Great Sword for a hunting quest because I was doing a lot of hunting quests vs. larger monsters, but when fighting Qurupeco, my 350 attack great sword kept bouncing off while my 180 attack sword & shield does fine for the most part.

Kyoufu

KittenMaster said:
What property of a weapon determines how well it can hit through a monster's "armor"? I decided to grab a Great Sword for a hunting quest because I was doing a lot of hunting quests vs. larger monsters, but when fighting Qurupeco, my 350 attack great sword kept bouncing off while my 180 attack sword & shield does fine for the most part.

Look for Sharpness colour.

L00P

KittenMaster said:

I'm not really sure but I think one of his dance moves increases his armor.

markatisu

Hawkian said:
what are you guys up to?

Where are you mark? :p

edit: Alright I gotta take a nap here. May be back on later.

Had to cook dinner for the wife, saw your post and was going to get online then say you were taking a nap and got offline :lol

I will probably get online shortly for a few quick quests or something, if you return just look me up and message me

botticus

Kyoufu said:
Man, we did dual uragaan quest...

2 rubies from the tails...... my lucky day. lol
I got 2 scutes from two tails tonight, that's lucky enough for me! Now I just need some carb ores to make my ugly sword.

udivision

15 or so hours in, not quite sure what to think of the game yet. Just got the CC Pro, I think the Wiimote+Nunchuk is a better set up. Or maybe I was just more use to it...

I'll continue to play and see if things change...

Ridley327

I should also mention that john's luck rubbed off on me as well, since I got a Los Plate and Ruby, as well as a Uragaan Ruby off of a tail carve. Two Ancient Shards, too!

iamcenok

HOOAH! I was trying to get some firecell stones earlier this morning, and got a rustshard, I was hoping I'd get a rare weapon. It turns out it was a rare hammer, score!!

Not paying mind to what hammer it was, I upgraded it and what not. When looking up stats and items to upgrade to the next one, I realized it wasn't a Rusted hammer, but Worn hammer!!! :D So hyyyypppeeedd

Tenbatsu

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
Is it that Handicraft+3 charm I have? How do I remove that
24ya1lk.png

5th Tab of the top bar, highlight the charm below(not tick) and click that button at the top right in the image.

ok, so i feel a bit guilty for not helping out some dude last night, Pasto. pasto, if you're a gaffer, find me some other time and we'll do your lagi or whatever. only i've been helping heaps of other people and burnt out a little on LR stuff after i went from 30 to 40 barely touching my own ranked quests.

if you're not a gaffer... stop stalking me! :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mr_Appleby said:
ok, so i feel a bit guilty for not helping out some dude last night, Pasto. pasto, if you're a gaffer, find me some other time and we'll do your lagi or whatever. only i've been helping heaps of other people and burnt out a little on LR stuff after i went from 30 to 40 barely touching my own ranked quests.

if you're not a gaffer... stop stalking me! :lol

I'm on. Level 31 though... anybody?

quote related, but john, if I wouldn't be dragging you down too much, i'm up for whatever.

Hawkian said:
quote related, but john, if I wouldn't be dragging you down too much, i'm up for whatever.

misquote? i'm usually happy to help people, i just need a break from LR quests. 31 and up is AOK. i'd jump on w you now but i'm PAL

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mr_Appleby said:
misquote? i'm usually happy to help people, i just need a break from LR quests. 31 and up is AOK. i'd jump on w you now but i'm PAL

In that case quote unrelated :-[

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Jesus christ I sometimes forget how bad the drop rate is in the series. It took me exactly 20 attempts of killing Rathian before I finally carved my first rathian plate. In between the attempts, I even carved up an ian ruby. It only took 88 hours... grumble grumble /rant.
At least I can finally work on finishing my Sieglinde GS.

john tv

Good games tonight, guys. Lonely, sorry to bail so soon after you arrived -- been on for like five hours tho, I need to crash. :)

Should be ready for my Alatreon urgent within an hour or so of next time I play!

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
john tv said:
No one? It's prime playing time!
You already left, :(
john tv said:
Good games tonight, guys. Lonely, sorry to bail so soon after you arrived -- been on for like five hours tho, I need to crash. :)

Should be ready for my Alatreon urgent within an hour or so of next time I play!

Okay, but you owe me a spot in your Alatreon slaying group. :p

tyagi

I think we're going to try to get a few of the PAL players (AU/EU) on the server today. The time that has been mentioned is in a couple of hours' time:

10am BST (UK)
11am CET (Europe)
7pm Aus Eastern (Australia)
9pm NZ (New Zealand)

Any PAL players wanting to come to:

Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / City Gate 40

should find others online so that we can get added to each others' friends lists.

tyagi said:
I think we're going to try to get a few of the PAL players (AU/EU) on the server today. The time that has been mentioned is in a couple of hours' time:

cool i might not be on right away but i'll stick my head in at some point.

tyagi

EU - KRMW5T - Harman (tyagi)

Ryuuga

Banned
Kyuuketsu_Night said:
Wow, if they're that rude I'd just sit there, eat, check my items, mess around, and then run out of the city:lol

:D

Yeah, I'll have to remember that for next time. It all worked out in the end though since I got to help someone with their quest. Also, I have to give you kudos for the SuG avatar.

Leezard said:
These connection errors are horrible.

Tell me about it. I've had them sneak up on me slightly before the reward screen a few times.

tomegatherion77

Neo Member
NA - JX11HZ - Magnus (tomegatherion77)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
so I need 1 lagi horn for my set. Will be in the usual place , any help appreciated.

botticus

schuelma said:
so I need 1 lagi horn for my set. Will be in the usual place , any help appreciated.
I just got my third one last night, so happy. Looking forward to Lagi armor against Lagi.

Can't help now, but I'll probably be on in an hour or two after some errands.

Leezard

I just had my best Joe run ever. He was kinda large, yet we capped him in 15 minutes and I got 2 gems in the rewards. So awesome.

Top Bottom