• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

im so fucking pissed i missed the dual jho event. I WANT KICKASS LEATHER PANTS DAMMIT.

AT least i have both jackets now and didnt miss those. Im working toward the cool eye patch but it has yet to show up on the armor list. MHwiki said i need 4 of 3 types of coins for it. How many do i need to get for it to show up? I would hate to do so many events only for it not to be available.

Poyunch

Phooey I left but I found out I already missed what I was going to do and I couldn't reconnect to the room when I went back online.

ajim

Just unlocked the single player missions to fight Rathalos, Barioth and Diablos. Mate, trying to fight Bariot and Diablos is a joke, they absolute destroy me :lol

Hey all, haven't posted in a while but still playing strong and nearing my 500 hour mark! At the point where I am bored with some quest and am very much helping out lower HRs just for a change in pace (and they seem to be a bit nicer at times =p)

A few big things happened in the last weeks: 1. Learned to HATE Hi-Jhen, mainly due to scale+s being so hard to get for some reason (whether he was repelled or not...) Got My Damascus and extra if needed down the line.
2. Stout horns seem to come right when I say I am going to leave a city and try another monster.
3. Still only 1 new Bird wyvern stone, swear these are rarer than Skypierecer or rubies... and
4. When you really hate Ura, and are looking for ruby from him, you'll get them when you think you didn't get anything. My last 6 star Ura/Agnak quest netted 3 ruby and 2 wyvern stones, which I thought was crazy since we didn't break any parts from him, and many from Agnak!

Well, anyway, I am on random servers mainly Sunday thru Wednesday...any Gaffers want to play, hit me up. I am the bitter HR123 complaining about my last Ala group who abandoned 5 minutes in!

Luigiv

Sales-age: Monster has sold (shipped?) 1.8 million units world wide. Given that the game is sitting at ~1m sold (or 1.1m shipped) in Japan you can do the maths yourself :D. link

Sooo, myself, Nick, Jason, and Nayi took out Uragaan and Alatreon and were just sorta hanging out wondering what to do next. I suggested killing Pecco with just S&S, somebody else suggested just using rocks. Eventually this evolved into a Pecco take down with rocks, kicks and shadowboxing.

Sadly, it was a high pecco and it kept healing itself. During the last five minutes we had to draw our weapons and kill it. The first few minutes were hilarious though.

Next we tried the same thing on a high Jaggi. Sucker took something like 45 minutes to go down but we did it without "cheating". Victory!

All the same, we had to conclude "Zany Rules MH" was best enjoyed on low rank and for the grand finale of the evening we did low Great Jaggi using only small barrel bombs (regular and plus) and flash bombs.

It was a total blast!

Seriously, it was a lot of fun. Next target: S Bomb low Pecco!

Poyunch

Boney said:
I kinda figured, still funny though.

You gonna be on later today?
Just got on right now. But yeah I'll be on later too. :p

edit: So I have two hammer sets that are gemmed differently but share the same armor parts.

Should I use the one with?:
Sharpness+1, High Grade Earplugs, Evade+1, and Anti-Theft (talisman already has +10)

or the one with?:
Sharpness+1, High Grade Earplugs, Focus, and Oxygen Up (talisman has +10)

"Zany Rules MH" as DragonGirl so appropriately named was just priceless fun. I guess I just didn't realize how weak stones are to a giant bird monster until nearly 400 are thrown and no noteworthy damage is sustained. What a genuine learning experience. Team kicking is so hilariously hectic at least during the first 10 minutes. All I can say about kicks is it's a damn good thing friendly kicks don't affect health. My shins hurt just thinking about it.

Our small barrel bomb run was definitely the most satisfying. I told you guys that low rank G Jaggi wouldn't last long against those things. 5:02 was our time. I accidentally removed bombardier when I gemmed in trap master too. Twas a glorious sight seeing our poor prey go down in a spectacle of fireworks.

Got four hours of sleep last night. My "one more quest" syndrome will be the death of me. Those quests were just too awesome

Boney said:
Too bad guys..

On a side note, Jason is probably the best monster hunter ever. Seriously man, you rock.

Thank you! It's all about the warm up prance. Studies show an elevated 37% in monster hunting proficiency :p

Nicktals

Banned
I'm on, but there are exactly 4 gaffers on...So 1 full room.

Anyone else planning on getting on soon? (or any of you 4 on now planning on getting off soon?)

Boney

Banned
Nicktals said:

Anyone else planning on getting on soon? (or any of you 4 on now planning on getting off soon?)
I'd love to play, but it's not letting me on :(

Poyunch

Nicktals said:

I left so hopefully you'll be able to join. I'll be back on in an hour. I've been all hunted out for the moment. I'm going to have some dinner and relax for a while. :p

Nicktals

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
I left so hopefully you'll be able to join. I'll be back on in an hour. I've been all hunted out for the moment. I'm going to have some dinner and relax for a while. :p

Okay, there's an opening now. You'll have to warp to someone, as I'm not in the usual place.

EDIT: Okay, back in the usual place. Got sick of being limited by what quests I could do (someone under 50) so I'm doing a little mining.

Tenbatsu

PounchEnvy said:
Just got on right now. But yeah I'll be on later too. :p

edit: So I have two hammer sets that are gemmed differently but share the same armor parts.

Should I use the one with?:
Sharpness+1, High Grade Earplugs, Evade+1, and Anti-Theft (talisman already has +10)

or the one with?:
Sharpness+1, High Grade Earplugs, Focus, and Oxygen Up (talisman has +10)
Second one. 'Focus' is vital for hammers. You can remove Oxygen Up if you can.

Poyunch

Tenbatsu said:
Second one. 'Focus' is vital for hammers. You can remove Oxygen Up if you can.
Lol not really. It's my only 2 slot weapon with a +10 skill. I have some really good +9 2 slot talismans but I don't have any extra slots with this set. I need the 2 slots for Fast Charge.

My only other +10 2 slot talisman is one with Heat Res +10 and really it's not as useful as oxygen up since I can just use a cool drink and it's not even the best Heat Res possible.

Anyway I guess I'll go back to the focus set then.

Kard8p3 said:
So..does GAF still play this regularly? I've been meaning to pick it back up, but I wanted someone to play with, lol.
Not at this time that I know of. Three or four hours earlier and you could catch some GAF players. I'm speaking for US though. Don't know about EU.

I swear, every time I try to get one, there's either nobody there, or 4 people already, or there might be someone who's totally afk for like ten minutes and I just give up.

Yes, some of GAF still plays this, but I have a feeling those of us that do are totally scattered all over the servers.

Someday GAF, someday...

Time to go back to hammering Barioth's teeth out!

Nicktals

Banned
Kard8p3 said:
So..does GAF still play this regularly? I've been meaning to pick it back up, but I wanted someone to play with, lol.

Yeah, you'll usually be able to find 3 or 4 gaffers who still go to the room most evenings. If you're on during the day you might find 1 or 2.

EDIT:
PounchEnvy said:
Not at this time that I know of. Three or four hours earlier and you could catch some GAF players. I'm speaking for US though. Don't know about EU.

I think he's talking about if GAF still plays this in general. And the answer if yes. There have only been one or two evenings where I couldn't find anyone at all, despite being patient.

Nicktals

Banned
IlliterateBookworm said:
I swear, every time I try to get one, there's either nobody there, or 4 people already, or there might be someone who's totally afk for like ten minutes and I just give up.

Yes, some of GAF still plays this, but I have a feeling those of us that do are totally scattered all over the servers.

Someday GAF, someday...

Time to go back to hammering Barioth's teeth out!

What's your MH name? Sometimes you just need to sit in the room, do a little mining...I usually don't have to goof around for more than an hour before I find someone. Or just do short quests with randoms and keep an eye on your friends list!

Marcelo

Neo Member
Boney said:
I'd love to play, but it's not letting me on :(

I can´t connect too. It´s giving me a 11619 error after the percentage bar, when it´s trying to connect with the servers. Any word on this error?

Boney

Banned
Marcelo said:
I can´t connect too. It´s giving me a 11619 error after the percentage bar, when it´s trying to connect with the servers. Any word on this error?
Same thing here, and it's still happening :(

Somebody be honest with me.

How many months will i have to wait to get the dual Jho quest again? I missed my chance at the leather pants and now i am very sad.

Tenbatsu

Gamer @ Heart said:
Somebody be honest with me.

How many months will i have to wait to get the dual Jho quest again? I missed my chance at the leather pants and now i am very sad.
You're in luck! 15th - 21st August

Finally "finished" the game offline. Now I just have to harass harass my monster hunting partner to be online more often so we can KILL SHIT and WEAR ITS SKINS.

Tenbatsu said:
You're in luck! 15th - 21st August

I would kiss right now if i could.

EDIT: Anyone from GAF want to join me for some arena battles?

Getting barroth coins is tougher than i thought. Even if i get s-rank, the game wont give them to me! NOT COOL.

Gamer @ Heart said:
I would kiss right now if i could.

EDIT: Anyone from GAF want to join me for some arena battles?

Getting barroth coins is tougher than i thought. Even if i get s-rank, the game wont give them to me! NOT COOL.

NA server?

Poyunch

If you don't find anyone I'll happily join you. I've just been doing Ala runs with randoms all day. I gave up on Skypiercers but I need a gem for my hammer.

PounchEnvy said:
If you don't find anyone I'll happily join you. I've just been doing Ala runs with randoms all day. I gave up on Skypiercers but I need a gem for my hammer.

No yes'es yet and im about to head on, so can i take you up on your offer right now? Wifi isnt good enough to support my computer and wii and the same times sadly.

How does recruiting 1, city 40 sound?

Poyunch

IS that you? Are you Rey?

edit: I guess not. :p

Oh yeah new arenas!!!!

7:36 for new Gobul x Royal Ludroth arena! :D

Anyway what's better Guild or Guild+ armor (I know it's unobtainable atm)? I'd say Guild+ but being the klutz I am I'm afraid of the low defense. I just I'd just have to get better. :lol

Had a lot of fun Axel!

Top Bottom