• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Poyunch

So what's the best hammers to have?

Boney said:
Aww man, I'm just heading out and I can't join ya. Will definately be on later though!
No problem nothing much happened. Nick dced I think and I had to stop anyway.

Chosen3

apujanata said:
What was your HR at that time ? I have almost 200 hours character, but only HR 39. I am a slow poke, like to gather things :)

Well, the funny thing is that I haven't even played online because my Internet connection sucks at the moment. So I just decided to grind all the offline missions and get all the weapons possible. This is also my first Monster Hunter so I had no idea what to do at first so it took some time too. I started playing again from the start, now at Qurupeco. Hopefully I'll be faster this time because I'm not gonna try to get everything.

Poyunch

Hmm I've never seen a Vortastrophe ever online. I'll practice with the Jho hammer to see if I like the fighting style (I tried it on the demo and hated the lack of range).

Leezard

PounchEnvy said:
Hmm I've never seen a Vortastrophe ever online. I'll practice with the Jho hammer to see if I like the fighting style (I tried it on the demo and hated the lack of range).
The Vortastrophe was my weapon of choice against Rathian/los and Deviljho until I got my Alatreon Metamorph. It is supposedly better than any other hammer against Gobul, if I remember correctly.
Oh yeah, I forgot the Jhen Mohran hammer, add it to the list.

Nicktals

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
So what's the best hammers to have?

No problem nothing much happened. Nick dced I think and I had to stop anyway.

Yeah, sorry, I DCed and just didn't feel like dealing with it at the time.

EDIT: But I should be back on tonight. I'll post when I am.

Boney

Banned
FUCKING DISC!!!!

Ok, guys, I give up, gonna clean it out tommorow. Maybe one of you is poison, idk. Good luck hunting!

Poyunch

Hopefully everything works out. I sort of got bored after so many dc's. :lol That's a really sucky thing that's happening.

edit: I'm starting to think I'm the poison. >.>

edit 2: Arena sure can be fun. I love not having to prep for every fight.

Leezard

Tenbatsu said:
+ Devil's Crush (P)/(G) <- Strongest Hammer in MH3. Its a more all rounded weapon than Alatreon Metamorph.
Ah, I see. I never got through to forging one after using most of my Joe mats for his armor.

Poyunch

Tenbatsu said:
+ Devil's Crush (P)/(G) <- Strongest Hammer in MH3. Its a more all rounded weapon than Alatreon Metamorph.
Yeah it's the only hammer I have at the moment and I have to say I love hammering. I don't know why I hated its range during the demo but I'm just loving to hunt with hammers now. Granted all I've really done with it is one online G. Baggi and R. Ludroth and a couple offline Ians and Jaggis. But man is that weapon quick to kill. It's so much faster compared to my time with the Switch Axe and SnS.

Um another question. If using the Devil's Crush (P) is it better to just use the cannons on Jhen or is it good enough to attack the back and legs? I'm guessing it is but I want to make sure. :)

Nicktals

Banned
Tried doing some Ala runs with strangers today...wow.

I think I'd rather try doing 2 person ala runs than do that again.

Also, which weapon do people think I should learn next? Hammer, or Lance?

Nicktals

Banned
It's awesome. hardest one in a while. Just had a team (me, lance, 2 strangers) beat it in 13 minutes plus change.

Lance, where are you? I'm trying to save your spot.

Luigiv

Well in other news, after leaving the game alone for 2 or 3 weeks I got back into it and finally reached HR18 :D. Finally, I can do fun missions online!

Poyunch

Nicktals said:
It's awesome. hardest one in a while. Just had a team (me, lance, 2 strangers) beat it in 13 minutes plus change.

Hey so did you test out that ledge/Nator thing you were trying to do?

Nicktals

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
Hey so did you test out that ledge/Nator thing you were trying to do?

Well, the last time I did it (where I got my 4th tag), I was climbing up to nator, and it broke, and I fell off. So I never really tried it, per se, but I'm quite sure it won't work.

Nicktals said:

Sorry, had some sort of internet outage. I hope you didn't try to save my spot for too long.

Tenbatsu

PounchEnvy said:
Um another question. If using the Devil's Crush (P) is it better to just use the cannons on Jhen or is it good enough to attack the back and legs? I'm guessing it is but I want to make sure. :)
Both methods are fine thou, but you can kill it slightly faster by using weapons. On the other hand if 4 players are using Adrenaline +2....

Note: Alatreon Metamorph will be the better weapon here due to its high dragon element.

Poyunch

Nicktals said:
Well, the last time I did it (where I got my 4th tag), I was climbing up to nator, and it broke, and I fell off. So I never really tried it, per se, but I'm quite sure it won't work.
Oh well.

Boney said:
Anybody wanna play a bit?
Hmm I didn't see you online. I was online for quite a while but no one was on the gaf server and my friends list showed everyone was offline. Anyway I found a couple of groups of nice randoms. :)

Oh and I'm enjoying my hammering quite a bit! Although today I've only used it on Raths. Not even going attempt it with Jho or Barioth yet.

Boney

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
Oh well.

Hmm I didn't see you online. I was online for quite a while but no one was on the gaf server and my friends list showed everyone was offline. Anyway I found a couple of groups of nice randoms. :)
Probably got dced, since I was taking a shower :lol

Anyway, I'm on right now!

I wanted to play yesterday, but there was a power outage that affected the whole town :/.

I want to get 5 more dual-diablos tickets so that I can upgrade 2 back leather jackets to high rank and make a gunner white leather jacket. The reward to effort ratio is astoundingly low, all things considered :/.

Nicktals

Banned
Oh, I know what my problem was Ace...I forgot to change the 2nd option from "None" to something no one would search for, like "beginners welcome"

Poyunch

Oh man. So I wanted to mess around for a while so I went looking for some low rank hunts online and I saw a Gobul cap quest. Since it was low rank I was really careful because I knew I was over-equipped.

So I accidentally trap it early (my fault) because I'm terrible at interpreting swimming animations. But eventually it starts limping and I use my other trap. I only brought 3 tranqs and since I wasted two earlier the capture failed. The other player missed due to some annoying ludroths.

So I'm there waiting as the other player continues to attack Gobul despite it being a cap quest with the monster having already limped away. I keep asking the other player if he/she had another trap and the player says, "yes". Still the player continues attacking I ask again since I assumed the player misread it as "tranq". Finally after 20 minutes the player lays the trap and captures it.

I know it's my fault but for those moments of waiting and fearing a failed quest as the other player attacks I was really wondering if I was being trolled or something. :lol

I've got 70 hours into this game! married man with kids!! haha My wife isn't too fond of it! but that's ok! I love it.. I play mostly at night when she's asleep! lol..

I'm a great sword user.. Kinda started with it and never turned back. Right now i'm pretty much in Lagi + rathian armor and have a vulcanvil R the one with 2 slota and 720 Attack.

Man i run out of honey so much! I keep having to grind honey in single player once every couple days~ the farm is useful for sure..

I'm HR 19 online.. i'm on the 3 star quests.. Just took down a barioth, rathalos and diablos the last 2 days.. Still no luck killing Uragaan.. people always die in 4 player.. i'm playing with mostly HR 25-30 people and i die less and lay 2-3 traps per match!! If they did what i did we'd win.. oh well!

lovin it still.. I can see me putting another 70+ hours into this for sure!! Best wii game in a long time!

Poyunch

Tenbatsu said:
Not sure why but I got this feeling recently that MH3G will be Wii/PS3.
I just want it already. I've gotten new life out of the game trying out hammers but I want new monsters!

edit: I was playing with randoms since I needed some Giggi parts and I got two Fearsome Maws in a row! :O I only have three in all. I know they're rare but what's so great about them?

Tenbatsu

PounchEnvy said:
I just want it already. I've gotten new life out of the game trying out hammers but I want new monsters!

edit: I was playing with randoms since I needed some Giggi parts and I got two Fearsome Maws in a row! :O I only have three in all. I know they're rare but what's so great about them?
For upgrading the stun lance and making Giggi G helm plus a few other weapons.

Boney

Banned
PounchEnvy said:

You on now man? Me, Nick and Lance are on!

Top Bottom