• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

ajim

udivision said:
Was Barioth really hard? What weapon type did you use?
Yeah, pretty hard, dude. I used a switch axe, its the only weapon I use <3.

Having said that, I just beat a double barioth(!) in the extra event missions, and a rathalos and rathian together. Fucking BRUTALLY hard. I've been trying the double Diablos, but they keep on destroying me togethe :lol

Love this game.

Nicktals

Banned
Got booted at the end of our Ala run, sorry guys...and then someone stole my spot. Oh well.

If there's an opening let me know.

Poyunch

Hm when I meant leave Lance I meant everyone leave to go to Nick. You left before I could tell you that I was just going to play with randoms. It's no problem. I was just going to play casually. :p

PounchEnvy said:
Hm when I meant leave Lance I meant everyone leave to go to Nick. You left before I could tell you that I was just going to play with randoms. It's no problem. I was just going to play casually. :p

Hey, you didn't have to head off. It worked out fine. The 3 of us could have taken on Lagia while the others did Arenas.

Poyunch

DragonGirl said:
Hey, you didn't have to head off. It worked out fine. The 3 of us could have taken on Lagia while the others did Arenas.
No it's okay. Anyway I realized needed some Ludroth coins anyway so I just went offline and did a few arena quests.

What a fantastic run tonight. Lagi Saphires, Rathian Rubies, and Alatrian parts all fell into my lap. It may not take as long to forge this armor set as I'd feared. If only I weren't perpetually broke.

Nicktals

Banned
Was fun to put some good time in...Looking forward to getting a lot of Arena time in tomorrow...need to pracitce LS some more.

EDIT: I just got off ace...Did you want to do a couple Arenas?

Boney

Banned
Nicktals said:
Was fun to put some good time in...Looking forward to getting a lot of Arena time in tomorrow...need to pracitce LS some more.

EDIT: I just got off ace...Did you want to do a couple Arenas?
Don't worry about it, we'll just hit it off tomorow.

Tenbatsu

Nicktals said:
That's a torso up piece, right? I thought I had a set using them, but I'm not sure. Why?
It is one of the best if not the best armor part in MH3. Cheap, easy to make/upgrade with torso multiplier with a very high defence. A collector's item!:lol

Boney

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
It is one of the best if not the best armor part in MH3. Cheap, easy to make/upgrade with torso multiplier with a very high defence. A collector's item!:lol
So that means you're testing us huh?

Can I say I use it just to impress you?

ajim

really? so online offers more? awww. i really thought they'd be on similar grounds with items and what not. i knew i should have started with online instead of offline :lol

i'm pal btw.

Boney

Banned
ajim said:
really? so online offers more? awww. i really thought they'd be on similar grounds with items and what not. i knew i should have started with online instead of offline :lol

i'm pal btw.
Aww that sucks because plenty of american GAFfers are still playing :(

But a perfect balance between both modes is what's needed, and being above in SP is recommended.

Good luck!

Luigiv

ajim said:

i'm pal btw.
Actually, they are. The equipment you get from Low rank Online quests are identical to the Offline quests. You have to reach Elite rank before you get the better equipment.

Poyunch

Been busy messing with my new laptop and catching up on Bit.Trip RUNNER after I finally got stuck a few months ago. I haven't hunted at all today. It's weird I never hunt on weekends.

Poyunch

Switch Axe is annoying against Barioth since you can almost never catch up with it when it's not tired or in rage mode. As a Switch Axe user (sometimes) I suggest using traps (focusing on the arms til they break) or use a fire SnS.

I'm Hr 22 online there now..

i've got diablos killed and urargan etc Almost completed all the 3 star quests..

Every time i play i bring a shock trap, and 2 nets + 2 trap cases + a pit trap..

So i have the potential to make 4 traps per match.. seems like i'm one of the few people to do this.

Traps make such a huge difference though when 4 people get quality beat down time on a monster.

I guess people are cheap!

Poyunch

Well I don't want to abuse traps is all. I only use them (outside of cap quests) in stressful situations or if I'm dealing with an annoying monster and it's tired.

Luigiv

edwardslane said:
I'm Hr 22 online there now..

i've got diablos killed and urargan etc Almost completed all the 3 star quests..

Every time i play i bring a shock trap, and 2 nets + 2 trap cases + a pit trap..

So i have the potential to make 4 traps per match.. seems like i'm one of the few people to do this.

Traps make such a huge difference though when 4 people get quality beat down time on a monster.

I guess people are cheap!
Items are teh cheat!

Just kidding, but honestly I find it more fun to not rely on them (plus I'm a horder).

Nicktals

Banned
Ace, Francis wants me to let you know that there are Well Done Steaks available from the trade post right now. 4 iron ore for 5 Well Done.

Boney

Banned
Nicktals said:
Ace, Francis wants me to let you know that there are Well Done Steaks available from the trade post right now. 4 iron ore for 5 Well Done.
Yeah got some like 2 days ago.. Have like 2 iron ores now :(

ajim

udivision said:
I'm a switch axe guy myself. What exact switch axe did you use?
Can't really remember that far back actually, but possibly Assault Axe, because I remember taking down a heap of Barroths.

Switch Axe is annoying against Barioth since you can almost never catch up with it when it's not tired or in rage mode. As a Switch Axe user (sometimes) I suggest using traps (focusing on the arms til they break) or use a fire SnS.
Yeah I know, but, you've got to keep sheathing the weapon, running, attacking, etc. Also, I generally run around until he does his huge double/triple swipe attack, because his body stays still for a good 5 seconds and you can rip into him quite a lot.

Nicktals

Banned
Boney said:
Yeah got some like 2 days ago.. Have like 2 iron ores now :(

You should really just use energy drinks. You can always buy the ingredients you need (sleepyfish and, I think, hot pepper (or one of those hot plants). Plus, energy drink will wake you up from sleep, which comes in handy fairly often.

Sure, it only fills up half of what well done meat does, but you can use it faster, it isn't so damn time consuming (I made 999 in about 10 minutes), and has an extra use as well.

Nicktals

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
I hope Jhen doesn't leave tomorrow. I just need one gem for my hammer.

When does it usually switch over? The wiki shows it going through tomorrow as well. So you should be okay for one more day I think.

Poyunch

Nicktals said:
When does it usually switch over? The wiki shows it going through tomorrow as well. So you should be okay for one more day I think.
I have no idea. Capcom's schedule is weird. Oh and despite that horrible time that was an awesome Arena ending. :p

Solune

udivision said:
I'm a switch axe guy myself. What exact switch axe did you use?

Unless you have access to Fire Tempest, which i assume you do not, Assault Axe is pretty good if you manage to pitfall him and paralyze him that's a good 10 seconds of swinging.
If you use Volt Axe you get good elemental damage to head and wings.

Top Bottom