• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Nicktals

Banned
Thought I'd just post about one quick thing I learned about GS while browsing the damage formula the other day:

If you're doing a charged swing, and you just hold the button until it automatically attacks, it becomes weaker (same as a level 2 charge). So if you want to get the most out of your charge, manually release when the sword hits level 3.

I don't know if this was common knowledge, but I have been using GS since I started playing, and I didn't...Think of all that damage I've wasted!

Hiltz

I'm so not looking forward to doing the 2 Diablos hunt quest. I don't know why it seems like I'm the only one who ever brings dung bombs during these kind of quests. The item sure came in handy during the Rathalos and Rathian "Double Team" quest.

I'm hoping to do some more capture Lagiacrus "Rotten Fish" quest to forge the armor set. I miss having all of those armor skill slots. Also, I just need a Rathalos plate to forge the final Wyvern Flare (elemental fire) sword. I'm only at hunter rank 41.

Boney

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
Dam Boney ya good. Hope you can upload some videos to showcase your arena skills.
shh, I make my times up, don't draw attention to me :p
I did 4:57, and it's still my record on Ura, did it with Znarf.
But really, I'm not that good, some of these retards are better than me.

Would love to go on, but my bro is trying Other M, and since we rent it, I really cant shoo him off.

Poyunch

Full room today. I wish I could've played. This week's been so horrible for me and all I want to do is just hunt some monsters. :lol

ajim

Finally got Alatreon armor, and I feel pretty underwhelmed about it all. I thought it would be better. Nyaw. :(

Zzoram

Effect said:
Are there any recent numbers for how Tri has done in the US?

Not sure but I know it didn't sell too well, much lower than Demon's Souls numbers (using recent single platform niche Japanese difficult action RPG for comparison). I wonder if a MH3+ will get made for Wii.

Luigiv

Zzoram said:
Not sure but I know it didn't sell too well, much lower than Demon's Souls numbers (using recent single platform niche Japanese difficult action RPG for comparison). I wonder if a MH3+ will get made for Wii.
According to Capcom, The game has shipped 700k outside of Japan. Not amazing number but not bad numbers either (far better then any other version of Monster hunter has done in the West).

Zzoram

Luigiv said:
According to Capcom, The game has shipped 700k outside of Japan. Not amazing number but not bad numbers either (far better then any other version of Monster hunter has done in the West).

That's shipped, not sold. Still, not bad as you said.

PounchEnvy said:
Man I've just about given up.

I just got on. Lance BP has a arena city set up in the usual spot.

Edit: Since it's an arena city, spots are being taken fast. If you come on and it's full, just message me and we can start a new city.

Poyunch

Chopper Dave said:
I just got on. Lance BP has a arena city set up in the usual spot.

Edit: Since it's an arena city, spots are being taken fast. If you come on and it's full, just message me and we can start a new city.
I'll probably get on in an hour. Gonna do some running and then grab something to eat.

Luigiv

PounchEnvy said:
Well it's just you can get that using less rare parts with lagi+.
Fair enough, wasn't aware that there were other ways to get it. I really need to reach High rank myself, so I don't continue to sound misinformed (I'm still just HR20).

On that note, do any Pal gaffers still play? Finding a good group of randoms to quest with is always such a hassle.

I'm really considering getting this at some point this week. If I did, do some of you guys play online together often? If so, any low level people, or would I be pretty much on my own?

Poyunch

I'm a collector so I just had to get the Alatreon armor. It's the endgame armor. I just have to.

Oh and the sunglasses event is up. Extremely easy but I didn't get any vouchers/tickets/whatever that allowed me to forge a pair.
Boney said:
It still doesn't wanna conect for me, tried this afternoon. Sucks :(
:(

PounchEnvy said:
Oh and the sunglasses event is up. Extremely easy but I didn't get any vouchers/tickets/whatever that allowed me to forge a pair.
I got my shades. 3 slots and +7 stun. It'll go great with the leather jacket. :p

Top Bottom