• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Boney

Banned
Haven't tried reconnecting. Was enjoying my final moments with Other M before returning it. Will go on an arena rampage tomorow for sure.

Ben2749 said:
I'm really considering getting this at some point this week. If I did, do some of you guys play online together often? If so, any low level people, or would I be pretty much on my own?

There are still plenty of people playing in the open servers. As for MHGAF, only a select few are active nowadays but I'm sure would help out a starting fellow GAFfer if ever you decide to pick up the game.

Boney said:
that's what I do!

no doubt about that!

Nicktals said:
Yeah that 6:24 was pretty awesome. I'm back on now for a bit.

I died twice and I think I could have done much better, still awesome GS Nick-Fu skills!

Nicktals

Banned
Took 2 quests to get the tickets for the shades...Did it with strangers, and it actually went pretty well. Realized I don't have any commendations left though! I'll probably get back on tonight...but I'm pretty free the next 2 days...so people should get on often!

Nicktals

Banned
jason and lance got 6:05 on the Ura/Blos arena :eek:

Znarf where you at we need to reclaim!

EDIT: Also, me jason and lance are on right now.

Boney

Banned
SalsaShark said:
I wanna join this, but connection problems from Chile ? then i probably cant connect either :(
It's the second time it's happened. It happened last month for like a weekend and now (I think it's chile problems. could be me this time.) Been playing since april without issues though man.

And I tried again today and it didn't work :(

Nicktals said:
jason and lance got 6:05 on the Ura/Blos arena :eek:

Znarf where you at we need to reclaim!

EDIT: Also, me jason and lance are on right now.

Awww yea, 6:05 team Jason/Lance! Victory prances were had after that one :D Our next best before that one was 6:52 I believe and we were getting consistent times around 7:30. I wanted to do some more when you arrived but I really need to get my sleep tonight. We've got that arena for the rest of the week, right?

ajim

Luigiv said:
Fair enough, wasn't aware that there were other ways to get it. I really need to reach High rank myself, so I don't continue to sound misinformed (I'm still just HR20).

On that note, do any Pal gaffers still play? Finding a good group of randoms to quest with is always such a hassle.
Yeah, I'm PAL.

My username is Ozmarnis (if you ever see me around). If you wanna play sometime, give me your id. It is hard to find good players on PAL :lol

Nicktals

Banned
This is really frustrating. I know Lance and I are both pretty good at Arena...So why in the world can't we do well at all as a team?!? I't's so frustrating.

Luigiv

ajim said:
Yeah, I'm PAL.

My username is Ozmarnis (if you ever see me around). If you wanna play sometime, give me your id. It is hard to find good players on PAL :lol
I found a pretty good random team this morning. We had 2 HR100+ guys with us so no battle lasted longer then 10 minutes :lol. Went up 3 HR's in less then 2 hours.

Anyway, what HR are you? I'm still only HR23 (despite the fact I've been playing since day one).

My Hunter's name is Luigiv and my Hunter ID is HJADE5. So if you want to arrange a meet up time I'm all for it. Just make sure you propose meeting times in GMT for easy reference.

ShinNL

Nicktals said:
This is really frustrating. I know Lance and I are both pretty good at Arena...So why in the world can't we do well at all as a team?!? I't's so frustrating.
Teamplay: do you both know how to give each other maximum time advantage? For example, when fighting 2 monsters at the same time, make sure the line of sight of both monsters do not meet your teammate, so when they attack you your teammate won't have to dodge that (and since monsters usually alternate targets, your teammate won't end up getting a double attack).

I've seen people just walk to me and drink a potion on the same spot where I am sharpening (in the arena), even though I usually time my sharpening based on the rotation of the monster (turning to my teammate). This will cause us both to dodge the next attack even though it's meant for 1 person.

Item use: sometimes 1 weapon type has sleep knives but no bombs and another weapon type has large barrel bombs but no traps/knives. Make good use of all the items.

Weapon types: sometimes one weapon has a very effective element against 1 monster but not for the other, so picking right combos matter.

ajim

Luigiv said:
I found a pretty good random team this morning. We had 2 HR100+ guys with us so no battle lasted longer then 10 minutes :lol. Went up 3 HR's in less then 2 hours.

Anyway, what HR are you? I'm still only HR23 (despite the fact I've been playing since day one).

My Hunter's name is Luigiv and my Hunter ID is HJADE5. So if you want to arrange a meet up time I'm all for it. Just make sure you propose meeting times in GMT for easy reference.
Yeah, sounds good. I'm HR60 with 220hours behind me :lol. Fuck. Thats a lot of time. But yeah, I'm not at home at the moment, but I'll get back to you with my HID, dude.

Nicktals said:
My bad, Nick. It occurred to me that we were trying to duplicate the 6:54 run that Jason and I did.

Jason and I were goofing off on that run when we decided we would rage both bosses by spamming all our bombs at the get-go where we would hit both of them at once. We died a lot, but dying ensures we always have our weapons at maximum sharpness, which matters for weapons like axes and lances.

During the 6:05 run, we took out the blos way early by spamming all our bombs and traps on it. I know you're not a fan of taking out the blos first, though.

Boney said:
Holy Fuck it connected. Somebody come join me!

Why the hell is it so slow though?

I just hopped on and currently waiting in the usual spot.

Edit: Online issues? :( Are you having problems with your wii's ability to connect to the internet in general or is it just MH3? We need to get team ACE/Jason back into some arena action!

Boney

Banned
Holy fuck guys :mad:

It's been all fuzzy today, youtube and megavideo is loading reaaaaally slow. Just like MH. It takes like 20 seconds everytime it makes an online loading and when I get to the city it disconects me :(

Poyunch

Man you guys are sooo into speedrunning. I've never been like that. :lol I'm just waiting for the Jho arena so that I can finish my Guild+ armor.

Got dcd.. I'm blaming Ace on this one,
and also my lag with LBP,
all on Ace:p

Had fun breaking old records with Jason. GL topping my ura/blos, Ace.

I'm gonna go to bed.

Hiltz

Wow, Alatreon is such a pushover with that sleep + barrel bomb tactic.
Took it out in under 10 minutes twice. Only fainted once during the first encounter where I didn't know what the heck to do but run for my life. I suppose it helped having one of the team mate players at Hunter Rank 208 with a sleep sword! :D

Have yet to face Deviljho. I'm at Hunter Rank 51 now.

Boney

Banned
Alien Manobo said:
Got dcd.. I'm blaming Ace on this one,
and also my lag with LBP,
all on Ace:p

Had fun breaking old records with Jason. GL topping my ura/blos, Ace.

I'm gonna go to bed.
doubt I'll top that one.. but haxxed right away today :)

Nicktals

Banned
Man, I thought I was going to get to be on and around a lot the last 2 days, and I couldn't be on at all. Connection problems for a day, and other plans arising for the rest.

Was fun to hear about the amazing times you guys have got (I just knew that if Znarf and Jason connected that fireworks would happen.) I basically concede...but not quite. Still hope I get another chance to try with Znarf, and my first chance to try with Ace.

Impressive stuff. Anyways, I really should (Assuming the net doesn't crap out again) be on tomorrow starting at 3 eastern.

Luigiv

Boney said:
Well this is no good. How am I supposed to watch it?
Run the site through google translator, register an account and then sign in. Once you've done that, the site's pretty easy to navigate.

Boney

Banned
Luigiv said:
Run the site through google translator, register an account and then sign in. Once you've done that, the site's pretty easy to navigate.
Hmm that's awfully complicated... I'll just go to bed and keep thinking Ten is a liar.

Top Bottom