• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Tenbatsu

Soneet said:
Why is it your favorite? I'm 3 pinnacles away from the last upgrade but I don't see how I'm supposed to make the gun good. I guess with Normal S up and Critical Eye?

By the way Tenbatsu, do you know a way to make a no recoil 4x para Lv2 gunner set with HGE, bombardier and trapmaster with only a slotless trapmaster charm? No matter what I try, it seems I really need that 1 extra slot, but the game is trolling me by giving me SpeedSetup+9 with 1 slot (got 4 of those now).
Cause its cool looking and dam powerful. You only need lvl 2 normal bullets for it:)

I need to know what gun combination you are looking at before I can know will there be any recoil. Do note that High Grade Earplug, Bombardier, Trapmaster and Recoil +3 combination is not possible at all.

Edit: In order to have Recoil +2, you need very specific charms too.

ShinNL

Tenbatsu said:
Cause its cool looking and dam powerful. You only need lvl 2 normal bullets for it:)

I need to know what gun combination you are looking at before I can know will there be any recoil. Do note that High Grade Earplug, Bombardier, Trapmaster + Recoil +3 combination is not possible at all.
Rathling Gun+, Light Bowgun, Chaos Wing. No dev and requires only Recoil+1 for no recoil para shots. However, this gunset also lacks any slots.

Rathian Cap+, OOO (Hearing+4) = Hearing+6
Uragaan Vest+, O (Hearing+1) = Recoil+1, Bomb+4, Hearing+1
Uragaan Gloves+, OOO (Hearing+4) = Recoil+1, Bomb+2, Hearing+4
Uragaan Coat+, O (Recoil+1) = Recoil+7, Bomb+2
Uragaan Leggings+, OOO (Hearing+4) = Recoil+1, Bomb+1, Hearing+4

Total:
Hearing+15
Recoil+10
Bomb+9 (*shakes fist*)

Charm = SpeedSetup+9, O (SpeedSetup+2)

I've tried putting the hearing into the torso, replacing gloves for the +2 recoil, OOO one (think it was Ingot+), using the low rank Uragaan torso, etc. In the end I always lack 1 slot or more.

ShinNL

Tenbatsu said:
Did you make any of the above? Just want to know so I can help to reuse back some of them.
Oh don't worry about that. If you know a way I'll gladly farm my way to make it :p

Here's an alternate version:
Rathian Cap+, OOO (Hearing+4) = Hearing+6
Any, OOO (Hearing+4) = Hearing+4
Uragaan Gloves+, OOO (Hearing+4) = Recoil+1, Bomb+2, Hearing+4
Uragaan Coat+, O (Hearing+1) = Recoil+6, Bomb+2, Hearing+1
Rheno Leggings+, OO (Bomb+4) = Recoil+3, Bomb+4

Total:
Hearing+15
Recoil+10
Bomb+8 (*shakes fist*)

Charm = SpeedSetup+9, O (SpeedSetup+2)

Still short of 1 slot. If I could find a SpeedSetup+8 with 2 slots or SpeedSetup+10 with 1 slot it would be fine (seems like a lot of people have that), but I haven't seen any of those yet.

Tenbatsu

It is not possible with that charm. You need a Speed Setup +10 one/two slot or Speed Setup +8/9 two slots. Alternatively is to change the gun combination or visit the volcano more :/

ShinNL

Tenbatsu said:
It is not possible with that charm. You need a Speed Setup +10 one/two slot or Speed Setup +8/9 two slots. Alternatively is to change the gun combination or visit the volcano more :/
Sigh, no Alatreon speed runs then... :p

Thanks for looking it up.

ShinNL

Tenbatsu said:
Do you have any other related charms like bombardier +7 2 slots or something?
Nope, stuck at bomb+7 with no slots. I guess I just have to play more (since I don't like to mine for charms).

Nicktals said:
Hopping on now...anyone up for some hunts?

I'm going to grab a bite to eat before I do anything but I'll check in after 30 min or so. If you're still there, cool. If you don't want to wait, it's not a problem either.

Nicktals

Banned
Chopper Dave said:
I'm going to grab a bite to eat before I do anything but I'll check in after 30 min or so. If you're still there, cool. If you don't want to wait, it's not a problem either.

Oh no problem. I'll be on. But if I don't respond right away don't be surprised...I've been watching TV and flipping back to MH during commercials to see if anyone has joined.

Nicktals

Banned
Still on! anyone?

Also, I thought I'd post it once more, since I see the mistake all the time when playing with other GS users:

If you just hold X for your charge and just hold until it automatically attacks, you're only getting a lvl 2 attack out of it. You have to watch the affect, and release the button manually when it hits lvl 3.

Nicktals said:
If you just hold X for your charge and just hold until it automatically attacks, you're only getting a lvl 2 attack out of it. You have to watch the affect, and release the button manually when it hits lvl 3.
GS used to be a lot easier to use prior to Tri. In Freedom 2 and Unite, you could get the maximum charge by waiting for the automatic release.

fr4nz

Tyrant_Onion said:
I just found out that that the Monster Hunter Orage Manga was translated into French (2 issues by now).

I hope it's good.

There was a sticker on every game box to announce this ;)

Amalthea

Banned
fr4nz said:
There was a sticker on every game box to announce this ;)

I'm not from France but kids in Switzerland are forced to learn French so that we can be better employee's.

I just use it to read french manga and gaming mags! :lol

Poyunch

Um is Super Alatreon finally here? I've given up on Skypiercers but since the event is up I' might as well get back on and take advantage of the situation. :)

Tenbatsu

'Where Gods Fear to Tread'
Yeah I think its God, lots of rare rewards. I hope that after this will be Super big gobul and joe....

Nicktals

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
'Where Gods Fear to Tread'
Yeah I think its God, lots of rare rewards. I hope that after this will be Super big gobul and joe....

Oh snap it's up already! I didn't think it was going up until tonight. Well, I'll be on tonight at about 830...Hopefully we can get a full GAF group or 2!

Nicktals

Banned
hahaha man they weren't kidding when they said high skypiercer drop rate. Did one time with strangers....4 skypiercers!!

Off to work now but will definitely be on later tonight to try and load up!

Nicktals said:
hahaha man they weren't kidding when they said high skypiercer drop rate. Did one time with strangers....4 skypiercers!!
Oh wow, what is going on?

I've taken a break from MH3 because it was getting too frustrating looking for Skypiercers. So you're saying there is a new event quest up that has a higher drop rate for them? Is the quest hard?

I'll join you if you'd like!

Nicktals

Banned
RuneFactoryFanboy said:
Oh wow, what is going on?

I've taken a break from MH3 because it was getting too frustrating looking for Skypiercers. So you're saying there is a new event quest up that has a higher drop rate for them? Is the quest hard?

It's a little harder than a normal Ala, but not too bad.

EDIT: Still looking for a 4th...anyone?

EDIT 2: Sure Rune, if you're over HR 51, come hunt!

Man I had some technical difficulties (didn't realize I forgot to set my Wii up online with my new router) and then I get there and you guys already filled up. I'll stick around for a bit in case somebody gets bored.

Are you guys sleep bombing it?

EDIT: I can stay up for another 2 hours, let me know if you guys get an opening

Poyunch

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
Man I had some technical difficulties (didn't realize I forgot to set my Wii up online with my new router) and then I get there and you guys already filled up. I'll stick around for a bit in case somebody gets bored.

Are you guys sleep bombing it?

EDIT: I can stay up for another 2 hours, let me know if you guys get an opening
You're here? Okay lemme check

If you guys can hold on a bit I'll be on soon, like in a half hour :(

I got a call today from an old friend about a job offer so I need to update my resume.

EDIT: Dag nabit missed you guys again. I finished updating my resume, hopped on, and see that dreaded 4/4.

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
If you guys can hold on a bit I'll be on soon, like in a half hour :(

I got a call today from an old friend about a job offer so I need to update my resume.

EDIT: Dag nabit missed you guys again. I finished updating my resume, hopped on, and see that dreaded 4/4.

Nick and I are playing with 2 strangers. Come on right now! We'll start a new city :D

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't realize it was you who just came in. Sorry about that

Curses. I was hoping to head online but a lightning storm has rolled into town so I need to shut down here. Before I do I just wanted to post a quick note. Tomorrow (Wednesday the 21st) my mom will be coming over to hang out (selling house, realters, can't be home when prospective buyers walk through, yadda yadda). Anyway, I was going to hop online and show her Monster Hunter so keep an eye out for Khory and say hi to me mum.

Top Bottom