• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

A.CHAP

Banned
I got back into the animal cruelty the last few nights after a couple of months off but I have poked my head in wisdom1 gate40 now and again and its always empty.

Are there any EURO Gafers still playing?

Ill be on in about two hours if anyones up for hunting.

Luigiv

A.CHAP said:
I got back into the animal cruelty the last few nights after a couple of months off but I have poked my head in wisdom1 gate40 now and again and its always empty.

Are there any EURO Gafers still playing?

Ill be on in about two hours if anyones up for hunting.
I play every now and then, but I don't even bother going into Wisdom 1 Gate 40 any more. No ones been frequenting it since the first month, so I just go on the more popular servers and play with randoms.

Sagitario

Just wanted to let you guys know that the black controller bundle is back in stock in Amazon ($40) and CDUniverse ($49).

For those outside of USA, CDUniverse has cheap international shipping.

olimpia84

Sagitario said:
Just wanted to let you guys know that the black controller bundle is back in stock in Amazon ($40) and CDUniverse ($49).

For those outside of USA, CDUniverse has cheap international shipping.

I just got my controller bundle today in the mail. Now all I need is some free time to start this game and clear my backlog :D

Alien Manobo said:
be on in an hour or two, waited for hours earlier but no one was on.

Sounds good. I would have joined you earlier if I wasn't at work at the time. I'll stick around the usual place and watch some tv until you arrive. No big hurry.

After a few days of trial and error, a lousy average of 3:30 minutes and a mediocre 2:30 on peco, Jason and I have managed to get 2:09 twice. A mere second short compared to Ace's record with Pounch.

Peco just needs to cooperate with us and I'll be one happy guy.

Jason, pm sent.

Nicktals

Banned
Umm..I'll be on this weekend. Sorry I haven't been around guys. It's been crazy lately. Wish I could have been around more for Arena...I know it kind of sucks just having 3 each night.

Poyunch

The only thing I can really say is outside of the damage there's no real point in hammering the head when it's already down since KO damage doesn't build up when a monster's already KOed. I think triple pounding does more damage per time compared to super pounding too. :p

edit: I may drop by this weekend since Vindictus is down but I'll surely be a burden on everyone because I know I'll be extra crappy due to not playing for a while. :D

PounchEnvy said:
The only thing I can really say is outside of the damage there's no real point in hammering the head when it's already down since KO damage doesn't build up when a monster's already KOed. I think triple pounding does more damage per time compared to super pounding too. :p

we tried that too, but we didnt get a great time.

jason, hold on, got dcd!

you and boney got 2:08 right? seems pretty hardcore to me, and that was our motivation to go faster than you guys.

now that we're free of that stupid bird, we're moving on to ura

Tenbatsu

Alien Manobo said:
you and boney got 2:08 right? seems pretty hardcore to me, and that was our motivation to go faster than you guys.

Impressive guys! Arena all the way!

Tenbatsu said:
Impressive guys! Arena all the way!

wayne-garth.jpg

Once again, my thanks and congratulations go out to Alien Manobo for sticking it out with me over the past few days to pound that silly silly bird into the dirt. We wanted that time so bad. No way were we going to put so much time into it only to let the arena quest disappear when the time came. Our other few arenas after that felt so strange due to the lack of anticipation we had with Peco. :lol

I love watching that video. It really was an awesome idea to capture our fights.

SuccessBaby.jpg

Poyunch

Alien Manobo said:

I dunno. I think it's 2:03. 2:08 would stick out to me if that was the record.

Chopper Dave said:
Once again, my thanks and congratulations go out to Alien Manobo for sticking it out with me over the past few days to pound that silly silly bird into the dirt. We wanted that time so bad. No way were we going to put so much time into it only to let the arena quest disappear when the time came. Our other few arenas after that felt so strange due to the lack of anticipation we had with Peco. :lol
Looks like you're now a hammer expert. :D

As far as arena quests disappearing, anyone think that Capcom knows that their web page for the Tri event quest calendar is broken? It's like they don't really care at this point. :/

(Event calendar should appear after clicking on the gem icon)
http://www.monsterhuntercommunity.com/

Remfin

Lance Bone Path said:
Looks like you're now a hammer expert. :D

As far as arena quests disappearing, anyone think that Capcom knows that their web page for the Tri event quest calendar is broken? It's like they don't really care at this point. :/

(Event calendar should appear after clicking on the gem icon)
http://www.monsterhuntercommunity.com/
It never worked in the first place. Or at least it was broken 99.9% of the time.

rosjos44

Hi Guys and gals,

I am really considering picking up this game for my Wii. I really could not get into the last console ones because I always wanted to play these types of games with my friends and I did not really play the PSP ones since most of my friends do not own PSP's or live to far away.

So, I been thinking of picking this one up and playing the game online. Can any of you give me a rundown of the game and your experiences? I would greatly appreciate it.

rosjos44 said:
Hi Guys and gals,

I am really considering picking up this game for my Wii. I really could not get into the last console ones because I always wanted to play these types of games with my friends and I did not really play the PSP ones since most of my friends do not own PSP's or live to far away.

So, I been thinking of picking this one up and playing the game online. Can any of you give me a rundown of the game and your experiences? I would greatly appreciate it.

As someone who has never played the ps2 versions, and only a few hours of the psp one (2G) in which I didn't really like since I didn't have anyone to play with and the controls really cramped my hands; I really love MH3.

Online play is the meat of this game. At some point once you have acquired your desired weapons/armors, the end game stales quite a bit that you'd lose the desire/drive to continue playing since there's nothing else left to do.

Only a few NA-MHGAF are playing nowadays, and we're just fooling around with the Arena trying to best each others "scores".

There are still players in the open servers that you can play with if MHGAF isn't on.

I have clocked 938 hours into this, I'd say go for it, all the more if you have friends you can play with. I'm sure you'd have a blast.

@Rem, nice to see you post here again :p

LBP said:
It's like they don't really care at this point.
@LBP, never really checked that site, is that a bad sign?
no one cares=no mh3g? =( QQ

markatisu

rosjos44 said:

GAF members really help you get up to high levels has been my experience. I was well on my way to HR40 when life hit me (dad died, lost 1 job, etc) but the time I did spend online with other GAF members was great.

Initially it might be overwhelming, but once you start getting armor and weapon pieces it becomes really addictive. There were many nights where I intended just to hop online for 1-2 hours to get the last few pieces I needed and ended up playing for 5-6hrs.

My online time with Non-GAF is not memorable, there are some real jack asses out there. I would end up in games where the person would pick a quest then drop out of it, or take all the stuff then leave or refuse to leave camp.

I intend to come back online, hopefully there will be some GAF members there to help me finish the armor and weapons I started before the dump truck called life hit me

rosjos44

Thank you for the replies! I will most likely get the game :) its 39.99 New without the controller at gamestop. I always wanted an intense online title and I would not mind helping Nintendo's numbers for MH3 so that an off change I can play a verision of MH on 3DS.

I will post my information and play time on this forum when I can. I work for HP and I been pretty busy the past couple of weeks so when I come home I'm so tired.

Remfin said:
It never worked in the first place. Or at least it was broken 99.9% of the time.
It worked fine up till around October 2, but now nothing shows up.

Alien Manabo said:
@LBP, never really checked that site, is that a bad sign?
Heh, at this point, maybe not. :p
mh3g depends completely on Japan, and who knows if Capcom would rather switch from wii to 3DS instead of doing 3g for the wii?

It's more a convenience thing of not having to look up how quests were scheduled the first time around and then try to calculate the dates for the second cycle.

Yesterday I tried to use bowgun on that Devil Event (Land Arena), and holy mother of GOD!

I was there, happy, shooting Para L2 and then... BOOM! A rock rolling my way out of nowhere! :lol

Never again. :(

A.CHAP

Banned
Can anyone tell me why long swords are so popular in this game? I quite often end up playing with 3 LS users online.

Poyunch

A.CHAP said:
Can anyone tell me why long swords are so popular in this game? I quite often end up playing with 3 LS users online.
They're pretty quick weapons with a good attack. I'd use them but I hate keeping up the Spirit Gauge and I like using the Hammer.

Just ordered the CC bundle for 50 on Amazon.

I had 20 dollars from an Other M pre-order, so I got the game and controller for 30 dollars :)

This should make SNES games a little easier to play than the awkward control from a GCN controller.

Now the long wait until Friday...

rosjos44 said:
I just got the bundle for 49.99 at best buy :) (thank god for price matching!). I do not have Wii speak yet though :(
Welcome to MH3! Don't bother with wii speak on this game, just use a keyboard or vc on skype.

EDIT: Oh, I'm not a jr any more, YEY! Anyone on?

Boney

Banned
Alien Manobo said:
Welcome to MH3! Don't bother with wii speak on this game, just use a keyboard or vc on skype.

EDIT: Oh, I'm not a jr any more, YEY! Anyone on?
haxxer

im playing mario kart

Top Bottom