• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Arpeggio

Banned
You guys are being quite defensive. I have all 3 systems, so my statement wasn't due to fanboyism or trying to start a console war. Quite simply, this is a great game, but yeah, if it were on the PS3, we'd have HD graphics, no black bars, a better online system, bigger town hubs online, etc.

Arpeggio said:
You guys are being quite defensive. I have all 3 systems, so my statement wasn't due to fanboyism or trying to start a console war. Quite simply, this is a great game, but yeah, if it were on the PS3, we'd have HD graphics, no black bars, a better online system, bigger town hubs online, etc.

No, it wasn't fanboyism it was just outright trolling for no reason. See ya!

Nicktals

Banned
Arpeggio said:
You know how this game was originally being developed for the PS3?

Well, after playing it for a while both last night and this morning, I can confidently say that this game would have been SO MUCH BETTER on the PS3.

Yeah, but would you be willing to beg for a up-port of it?

Speevy

Banned
Arpeggio said:

Why don't you get started developing it on the PS3 then? I'm sure you're about to have a little more free time.

jay

Arpeggio said:

PS3? It should be a PC game so it could have better HD graphics, better online than the PC, even bigger town hubs, more accessory compatibility, etc.

(This is a joke.)

Amneisac

I would just settle for a headset instead of Wii speak. I don't think my wife really wants to be part of the game chat experience while I'm playing.

Arpeggio

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
No, it wasn't fanboyism it was just outright trolling for no reason. See ya!

I wasn't trolling, and I'm sorry that you feel that way. It was an honest opinion, and I was wondering if anyone felt the same way. Like I said, I think it's a great game, and i will continue to happily play it on the Wii. Now, I will drop it.

Luigiv

Arpeggio said:
It has less to do with being defensive and more to do with the fact this forum has a zero tolerance policy on "port begging" and we do use the term very loosely.

Gwanatu T

Raelson said:
It's gonna take a long time to get used to the graphics... They aren't necessarily bad but i hate the bloom so much. The PSP versions seemed so much crisper.

I have to agree with this one here. I preferred the much crisper and more gritty style of the previous MH titles, although this game is beautiful in it's own right.

Insaniac said:
Also i never realized that you could knock kelbi unconscious making harvesting their horns a lot easier

Hah yeah, that really threw me for a loop yesterday.

JRPereira said:
If I remember correctly, classic 2 was how the PS2 monster hunter games had it set up.

If I remember the numbers right, you are correct. The PS2 version used the right stick to attack, and the face buttons to manage inventory, essentially. CC1 is a hybrid between the PS2/PSP versions of the game, and is considerably better than either of them because of that.

Arpeggio said:

Look I agree with you here, but that's not exactly what you should be posting in a thread like this. It would have been glorious in HD using the MT Framework engine, but that would have resulted in the game never being created because of the outrageous costs of the HD generation and the fact that MH generally isn't the highest selling game in the world. Regardless whatever gets me a new MH is what I'm going to be happy with, HD or not.

Docpan

Something about murdering an innocent pack of herbivore dinosaurs kind of bothers me.

Does anyone else think the text boxes while talking are too small?

Also, do I HAVE to use the remote and pointer to add to the monster list collection? It's annoying.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know what bothers ME about MH3?

How the monsters twitch disturbingly when you kill them now. God, it unsettles me every time.

SreyB

Are there any tricks to getting Wii Speak to not sound like a garbled mess? I was trying to play with a friend last night and it was unpossible for us to understand each other. I have the mic on top of my TV and so does he. I'm about 15 feet away and the voice sound is loud enough, but any time we speak, the result is a muffled inaudible muck. We retreated to xbox live party chat, but I don't want to have my 360 on unless I absolutely have to.

Anyway - any hot tips would be appreciated.

Gwanatu T

Docpan said:
Something about murdering an innocent pack of herbivore dinosaurs kind of bothers me.

Does anyone else think the text boxes while talking are too small?

Also, do I HAVE to use the remote and pointer to add to the monster list collection? It's annoying.

I like steak; there is no difference. Add chicken or most other meats to the list. Plus you can make great weapons/armor out of bones and skin :D

The text in the entire game is small, period.

Seraphis Cain said:

How the monsters twitch disturbingly when you kill them now. God, it unsettles me every time.

Yeah that's a bit realistic, but kudos to Capcom for doing it well.

Shiv47

Docpan said:

:lol Yeah, I thought of that when I first came upon the first batch with the baby dinos. I thought, "Do I kill the mom or the kids first?"

SreyB said:
Are there any tricks to getting Wii Speak to not sound like a garbled mess? I was trying to play with a friend last night and it was unpossible for us to understand each other. I have the mic on top of my TV and so does he. I'm about 15 feet away and the voice sound is loud enough, but any time we speak, the result is a muffled inaudible muck. We retreated to xbox live party chat, but I don't want to have my 360 on unless I absolutely have to.

Only thing I can think of is not use the Wi-Fi and go wired. That in itself creates issues though.

Gwanatu T

Amneisac said:
I would just settle for a headset instead of Wii speak. I don't think my wife really wants to be part of the game chat experience while I'm playing.

Listen, you don't play the Wii, WE play the Wii.
sorry

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Shiv47 said:
:lol Yeah, I thought of that when I first came upon the first batch with the baby dinos. I thought, "Do I kill the mom or the kids first?"
LOL, my wife was watching me play and I killed a mother dino. She said I now have to go and kill the baby because it would be cruel to let it live alone. I was dying. :lol

The game is a lot of fun, I'm going to have to play some more offline before investing in the online portions. Tried the R. Lavigos (sp?) trapping quest with a group a few times and kept failing trying to trap it. I didn't die much though, which is good.

SreyB

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
That's what I've been complaining about. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

Hmm - I wonder if it has to do with the size of the room we're playing in? I have really high ceilings in my game room and so does my friend. I wonder if the acoustics of larger rooms just won't work with Wii Speak...

Kind of a bummer that it's so messy : (

Gwanatu T

SreyB said:
Hmm - I wonder if it has to do with the size of the room we're playing in? I have really high ceilings in my game room and so does my friend. I wonder if the acoustics of larger rooms just won't work with Wii Speak...

Kind of a bummer that it's so messy : (

I'm in a pretty large living room/kitchen area with high ceilings and tile floors and it works OK. Have you all gone in to the Wii Speak channel and calibrated it?

scitek

Arpeggio said:
I wasn't trolling, and I'm sorry that you feel that way. It was an honest opinion, and I was wondering if anyone felt the same way. Like I said, I think it's a great game, and i will continue to happily play it on the Wii. Now, I will drop it.

Guys, I just looked outside and...well...the sky's blue.

Just thought I'd post obvious shit for no reason, too, only what I said won't get me banned.

Seraphis Cain said:

Just take this as a sign that you possess human empathy and can even feel for digital life, as opposed to one of those desensitized killers in training gamers I hear about on the news all the time.

~

I feel a shade guilty too, but then I just get into the mindset of a monster hunter rather than my dinosaur enthusiast self who in real life would potentially get eaten by a Lagiacruz while trying to photograph it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Another question:

What is the map used for that is in the supply chest when you're on a quest? How do you use it?

Also, is there a way to turn off and on the mini-map in the upper right corner quickly during play or do you have to go into the options every time?

Gwanatu T

FlyinJ said:
What is the map used for that is in the supply chest when you're on a quest? How do you use it?

When you start a quest notice your mini-map; other than the area you are currently in, no other areas are shown. When you grab the map from the supply box and leave it in your inventory, it becomes the mini-map. It's just a "realistic" representation of what having a map of the area would be like. It's an object that you can't do anything with other than the obvious.

FlyinJ said:
Another question:

It's purpose is to take up inventory space if you want to know where you're going.

Insaniac

I started off using the bowgun because it looked entertaining and while I like it, the aiming is just so cumbersome and you're incredibly vulnerable when playing SP. Any tips to aiming? I use the scoped mode to hit enemies afar but soon they close in and i'm running around trying to put a little distance so i can get 1 or 2 shots off.

Not putting in wiipointer aiming is really really disappointing

Also are there bonuses if i have the entire "Hunter" armor set equipped?

Gino

SreyB said:

Make sure you are using stereo sound so it doesn't pick stuff up off the back speakers.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Insaniac said:
I started off using the bowgun because it looked entertaining and while I like it, the aiming is just so cumbersome and you're incredibly vulnerable when playing SP. Any tips to aiming? I use the scoped mode to hit enemies afar but soon they close in and i'm running around trying to put a little distance so i can get 1 or 2 shots off.

1. Welcome to being a gunner. :lol

2. Yes. There are skill bonuses for having a full set of ANY armor equipped. In 90% of cases, it's not wise to mix-and-match armor sets. One perk I remember from the Hunter set is Auto-Tracker, which is enormously handy. Lets you see the location of all the big monsters in the area on your map.

Insaniac said:

I think that being a gunner in multiplayer is a lot easier when things aren't focusing on you.

Also, yes here are the skills you get:Autotracker, BBQ Expert, Farsight

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Seraphis Cain said:
2. Yes. There are skill bonuses for having a full set of ANY armor equipped. In 90% of cases, it's not wise to mix-and-match armor sets. One perk I remember from the Hunter set is Auto-Tracker, which is enormously handy. Lets you see the location of all the big monsters in the area on your map.
This makes me sad :(

I was basing the armor I wanted to use on how it looks. Some of the Chest pieces I liked, but didn't like the waist or pants.

SYNTAX182

Arpeggio said:
You know how this game was originally being developed for the PS3?

Well, after playing it for a while both last night and this morning, I can confidently say that this game would have been SO MUCH BETTER on the PS3.

:lol Just play the damn game.

SreyB said:
I really doubt it. I live in a normal sized apartment and moved the Wii Speak to various locations including right in front of my face. Nothing helped nor made a difference.

Gwanatu T said:
Have you all gone in to the Wii Speak channel and calibrated it?
I never bothered to install the Wii Speak Channel since it worked fine in AC right out of the box. Is the calibration within the channel only for the channel or a system wide setting? It sounds farfetched to me that calibration settings would make all the difference.

PusherT

I've been rocking jaggie armor with red gems for Attack +1 . Once you hit over 15 points in that skill tree I get Attack up medium. I love the armor skill and deceration item system in this game. I want to get go over board on gathering skill points next. Rorauradorsu/royal ludroth is totally badass he a tough monster still haven't beat him.

I was fighting querupecco and I'm wailling on him with my hammer all of sudden he summons
Royal ludroth
kicked my ass good he did:D Anyone wants to help get revenge on this most cool of monster his land and sea fighting abilities are gooooood:D :D :D

PusherT

I'm getting tired of these newer player abusing the shit out of the great sword upswing constantly sending me flying that shit isn't cool. Playing as a hammer I keep pounding the monster in the head only to get sent flying over the screen because some stupid kid doesn't know how to use his great sword:lol

Gwanatu T

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
I never bothered to install the Wii Speak Channel since it worked fine in AC right out of the box. Is the calibration within the channel only for the channel or a system wide setting? It sounds farfetched to me that calibration settings would make all the difference.

I have no idea honestly. I calibrated it with the Wii Speak channel when I first plugged it in.

PusherT

Eteric Rice said:
Just wanted to ask.

How long should I stay offline? I'm on the two star rank quests. :D
You should be good what kind of armor and skill set do you have. Are you using melee or bowgun weapon? You think you can take a full grown wyverrn down yet?

Amneisac

I'm loving the feel of the sword and shield so far, I'm starting on the 2 star quests and I haven't even tried anything else yet! How does lance compare?

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Well just ordered a Wii and this game today. Sheesh more money being spent just to play a game. Aah well if it's like the ps2 & psp games I'll spend weeks on end playing it.

ShinNL

PusherT said:
I'm getting tired of these newer player abusing the shit out of the great sword upswing constantly sending me flying that shit isn't cool. Playing as a hammer I keep pounding the monster in the head only to get sent flying over the screen because some stupid kid doesn't know how to use his great sword:lol
Don't hold it in. Just super pound the person who upswinged you, or the frustration just builds up. I always return the favor at least once when I played with strangers who did that.

Almost every weapon has an attack to send people flying. This is probably the reason why Sword & Shield is an expert weapon: only the last hit of the combo chain can send people flying, making it real hard to time a perfect send-a-teammate-flying attack.

Eteric Rice

PusherT said:
You should be good what kind of armor and skill set do you have. Are you using melee or bowgun weapon? You think you can take a full grown wyverrn down yet?

I have the second set of armor that you buy. Also, so far I'm using the hammer.

PusherT

Soneet said:
Don't hold it in. Just super pound the person who upswinged you, or the frustration just builds up. I always return the favor at least once when I played with strangers who did that.

Almost every weapon has an attack to send people flying. This is probably the reason why Sword & Shield is an expert weapon: only the last hit of the combo chain can send people flying, making it real hard to time a perfect send-a-teammate-flying attack.
Why can't we playing together:D It was bad lastnight every person using phucking great sword upswing just making the monster job that much easier to kill us. I go in and pound the shit out of Great Jaggie online he get knocked out before I can finish with gulf swing I'm 20 feet in the air. I'm loving the Classic Control #2 scheme feels just like the MH games on PS2 with the right anolog stick. Soneet you got your copy yet?

PusherT

Eteric Rice said:
I have the second set of armor that you buy. Also, so far I'm using the hammer.
We hammer users need to unite:D rocking Iron or bone class hammer? If you get a chance try to put alot of attention to the Deceration skill points system upgrade your armor inner abilities

Got my PAL copy today :D EU servers are opening tomorrow, can't wait.

And what control scheme is the best. I read about the differences, and it looks like it's from worst to best CCPro 1 > Wiimote > CCPro 2.

ShinNL

GasProblem said:

And what control scheme is the best. I read about the differences, and it looks like it's from worst to best CCPro 1 > Wiimote > CCPro 2.
*jealous*

PusherT

GasProblem said:

CC scheme #2 (PS2 style)- Wiimote-Nunchuck------------------------------CC scheme #1 (PSP style) ughhh. Wiimote/Nunchuck feels good just CC scheme #2 just work great too on the classic controller pro, the swimming is a little difficult at first on that scheme IMO. Wiimote is awsome for swith axe though

Top Bottom