• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Eteric Rice

kafka rock opera said:
Once you have made the monster limp away he is available for capture. Just set a trap and hit it with 2-3 tranq bombs and shazam. Captured.

And yeah im totally down for Wisdom 1 being our spot. Spread the word!

Why wont it let me lay down traps (shock trap for insance) wtf?

Dreavus

Is there an easier way to get armor spheres? I used my initial 5 from the blacksmith on my then-current armor set, but have since made new armor. I suppose there's no way to transfer any of that stuff?

For the spheres themselves I seem to only get them for quest rewards.

God damn the lighting on the Desert is overdone. Adjusted my TV settings and the games brightness but whenever I go tot he areas with sand it looks like the whole desert is made of mirrors and the sun is being reflected.

Game does seem to be a bit easier. Had no trouble with Great Jaggi using the stock SnS and Hunters Armor set. The little jaggi's are the only thing that really gave me any trouble.

I play using the CC but I don't really like the right analog camera. Maybe I'm not used to it but I'm still Clawing(MH claw method with CC) it up. Can't play as long as I can with the PSP claw but I find more efficient than CC right analog camera.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
SYNTAX182 said:
I'm using a Samsung HDTV 32" with components and the Wii settings on 480p. It looks real good.

Probably depends on what HD set you're using.

I have the same TV with component cables, the game looks nice, but the aliasing is horrible. But i guess that's a Wii thing, since all my games are like that. I wish there was some AA, even 2x only.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Bisnic said:
I have the same TV with component cables, the game looks nice, but the aliasing is horrible. But i guess that's a Wii thing, since all my games are like that. I wish there was some AA, even 2x only.
Turn your sharpness down?

Alex

The game has nice assets, good step above Dos while maintaining and cranking the same gorgeous art direction. However, the image quality and resolution is basically shit, especially on HD sets, at least the ones of the people I'm playing with. 360p and blur filter is blargh.

It's not aliased at all for me, hell I wish it was sharper, but If I crank sharpness the font can look kind of odd.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Aw man, the exclusive chest bundle arrived at work today, complete with extra Rathalos bust! A colleague and good hunter pal got his as well, and we were both like kids at Christmas.

What can be said... even as a self-proclaimed veteran PSP hunter, there's something humble about starting out fresh in Tri. I was really looking forward to this exact feeling of knowing what you're doing, but at the same time having so many new things to explore.

I think my mate's taking his Wii into work for lunchtime, so I'll surprise him with my character on a Wiimote and we'll hopefully try some Arena mode!

My goodness, this is even more awesome than I'd hoped. Hope to see ya'll (UK players at least) online real soon :)

Big fat reminder for my North American homies. We like to chill on Recruiting/Wisdom 1/City gate hasnt been finalized but i guess the earlier ones will do.

Also I am on RIGHT now :)

Kafka - 9JRQ66

Alex

Tri is really fun to start fresh in because not only is it a reboot and polished and streamlined better, it's a done in the nature of MH1 where everything is well paced and meaningful.

Not to say anything ill of MHFU, but it was more of a series compendium than anything else. Cuttin' through swaths of boss monsters for the sheer sake of it and ignoring 75% of the weapons and armor. :lol

Nicktals

Banned
ExtraKr1spy said:
I play using the CC but I don't really like the right analog camera. Maybe I'm not used to it but I'm still Clawing(MH claw method with CC) it up. Can't play as long as I can with the PSP claw but I find more efficient than CC right analog camera.

I wish the verticle camera were analog. I don't like how it "clicks" into different vertical orientations. Often, when I'm trying to move the camera left and right, i move it slightly too far up, or down, and then the radical change in angle can fuck me up. But I'll get better at that as my fingers adjust to everything they have to do for the game.

But is there a reason why they couldn't just make it smoothly change for up/down, like it does for left/right?

jrricky

Banned
I was gonna boot this baby up, but I am feeling exhausted for today after a whole day of work then coming from the gym. Im gonna take a nice bath, a 4 hour nap and get back into hunting refreshed.

After last nights session though, I find the great sword amazing (3 days ago, I wouldnt touch the weapon) to play with especially after doing my first upgrade last night and whacking some monsters around. I also learned that I can charge it. :D

EDIT: Dont remember if anyone answered my silly question, but what happens if those online servers are all full, I wouldnt be able to play online?

Hiltz

Finished the level 1 quests while the only level 2 quest I need to do is capturing Great Jaggi.

Forged some new armor to get a Great Jaggi helmet and pants.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Posted this in the wrong thread, so I'll post here. I have an incredibly stupid question...

How do I fish? Or do I use a harpoon to catch fish?

botticus

Finally popped open the game. Didn't do a whole lot - just grabbed myself a set of leather armor and wandered to the base camp and back, slaughtered poor beasts for meat. Is money pretty easy to come by as the game progresses, since I have exactly none now?

I think I'll stick with my sword and shield for a bit, perhaps try out the Great Sword after I've beaten a quest or two.

d0c_zaius

kafka rock opera said:
Big fat reminder for my North American homies. We like to chill on Recruiting/Wisdom 1/City gate hasnt been finalized but i guess the earlier ones will do.

Also I am on RIGHT now :)

Kafka - 9JRQ66

so is this the go to gaf server? This is the place I hang at (alone) lol

Ill send you a friend request tonight. HR7 btw

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I've never played a monster hunter game before and I have 0 interest in playing online. How interesting will this be as a single player experience?

edit:
and how long of a single player experience can one expect?

forrest

formerly nacire
oracrest said:
yeah, I was playing with a friends. He delivered 7, and I delivered 3, and the main quest said "complete." The mission didn't end there though, it kept going, and when the timer runs out, it fails the quest. We are fighting the things in the water that give you the monster guts.

I would suggest reading the "Quest Info" to see if there is another stipulation you aren't meeting or fulfilling.

Teknoman

JKTrix said:
t89n4y.jpg

If it was one of Capcom's goals to have 3 games constantly on the front page of GAF for more than a day, then they succeeded.

So much awesome in one picture.

AdroitOne

Neo Member
Ok, do I just suck (my first monster hunter) or is the Great Jaggi hard with the lance? Maybe I need some tips on using the lance. When there are plenty of enemies, I have the hardest time. Also, when I need to heal myself, jumping from blocking, to disarming my lance to using an item takes way to long.

RurouniZel

RurouniZel said:
Posted this in the wrong thread, so I'll post here. I have an incredibly stupid question...

How do I fish? Or do I use a harpoon to catch fish?

Anyone? I don't have a fishing rod, nor does the store sell it... they just sell a harpoon... :(

RurouniZel said:
Anyone? I don't have a fishing rod, nor does the store sell it... they just sell a harpoon... :(

Find a worm, cricket, or other kind of bug, get near the water and a little symbol should come up that will allow you to fish. Use the item like you would a pickaxe or gathering material.

RurouniZel

Mr_Guillotine said:
Find a worm, cricket, or other kind of bug, get near the water and a little symbol should come up that will allow you to fish. Use the item like you would a pickaxe or gathering material.

Oh... I thought it was like the Gril where you had to have the item to cook said Raw Meat, instead of just using the Raw Meat outright. Thanks.

JKTrix

I can't remember the location #, but it's the one at the bottom of the map in the Desert. Bring some pickaxes. There are things you can hack at in that little den.

(Kafka, gunther, Vic, I'm Raikou in there with you now)

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Any tips as to what you discard, what you sell and what you keep for items? Have to look at each items on monster wiki to know if maybe i'll someday have the need for it?

forrest

formerly nacire
Anyone have a Great Sword Tree for MHTri? I'm looking for a complete list. I found the one on Wikia, but it doesn't look near as deep as past trees.

gotee12

Bought my switch axe tonight. How I overlooked the awesomeness that is the switch axe in the demo, I have no idea...

Question though, it wouldn't happen to do cut damage as a sword and impact as the axe would it?

Tenbatsu

Attack You said:
I hate to ask this, because I sound like an ass for assuming as much, but are you pelting him in the face with the tranquilizer bombs? They're most effective if they hit a monster in the face. Tranq shots from gunners, however, work pretty much anywhere.
Throw two tranqs anywhere on the monster will do.

Hawkian said:
Just got my bowgun :D

The hold R and aim technique seems a bit amazing, who's with me?
This is a most for gunnery.

Nicktals said:
Wait...So there's a different pouch for each weapon you have used?

I started with the lance then switched to the GS...so if I switch back to the lance I'll still have stuff in my pouch for that weapon?
Nope only one for gunner and one for swordsman.

jrricky said:
EDIT: Dont remember if anyone answered my silly question, but what happens if those online servers are all full, I wouldnt be able to play online?
It will never be full dont worry. But if its really full yeah you got to go to another server.
Btw the number of people online is pathetic. Its like less than 300 people. Japanese version was like 30000+ on a daily basis.

gotee12 said:
Bought my switch axe tonight. How I overlooked the awesomeness that is the switch axe in the demo, I have no idea...

Question though, it wouldn't happen to do cut damage as a sword and impact as the axe would it?
Sword mode > Axe and both are cutting weapon.

MEETING VENUE
Guys you all want VALOR 1 (30-40) or WISDOM 1 (30-40) as the Neogaf meeting street? Come on we need to decide this right here right now.

Salsa

Got it today, as i mentioned before im a Monster Hunter virgin. Couple of hours in and its really fun/addicting so far. Im not in Europe but i own a PAL console, so i guess ill be seeing you EuroGAF :D

Top Bottom