• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Brannon

Managed to solo the Event Quest.

NEVER AGAIN.

Get the Goldenfish? No problem, just have plenty of Goldenfish bait. Get the Coral? Not an issue as it appears often, and having a Farcaster lets you quickly unload a full pack of Corals.

Get Monster Guts?

Son of a ##*%^*%@W(*(!!@... those things never drop when you want, and that Royal Asshole didn't make things any easier. But now I can give myself some brownie points.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In case anyone is wondering, Switch Axe is available in the online forge after completing the collecting mushrooms one-star quest.

I'm unable to craft a Long Sword though.

Is it possible to free travel to the other maps without accepting quests there? I need to hunt some of the monsters there for "Monster Bone M"s but it seems silly to take a quest just so I can grind.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
autobzooty said:
Is it possible to free travel to the other maps without accepting quests there? I need to hunt some of the monsters there for "Monster Bone M"s but it seems silly to take a quest just so I can grind.

Seraphis Cain said:
Technically no, at least not in the same way Moga Forest works. However, once you get to the 3* quests, you can go to Sandy Plains and
Flooded Forest
in a "Gathering Quest". Which basically entails going to the area, doing whatever you want, and then going back to camp and delivering a Paw Pass Ticket to end the quest. The only stipulation is that you have to be in the area for at least five minutes before the Paw Pass Ticket shows up in your blue box.

Hiltz

Accidentally stumbled upon two very pissed off Great Jaggi while trying to collect some ivy and spiderwebs. I almost jumped out of my seat since the music suddenly gets loud as to alert the player that a big ass monster is near ya. Fortunately, only one of them followed me with just two weakling Jaggi minions with it. Piece of cake to take down.

I still cannot do the capture Great Jaggi quest yet. I need to make some traps but only have 1 pitfall trap made. I'm trying to make a shock trap but cannot find the stupid thunderbug as part of the necessary material to craft one. I heard it was in area 4 in Moga Woods but haven't seen it. The only bugs I've caught were fireflies, bitterbug,god bug and flash bug (made a flash bomb out of it).

Arhghh and then I need to make tranquilizer bombs as well.

Insaniac said:
so what are malachite ores for?

I believe they are a necessary part of making certain forging/upgrading of weapons and/or armor.

Tenbatsu

PounchEnvy said:
So I need some King Frills. How do I get them? I know you have to shatter the Great Jaggi's frill but what does that mean? I know that if you attack the Great Jaggi enough its frill does get damaged but is that it?

Is the rest just luck or do I have to keep hitting it some more until it gets even more damaged?
Its means to damage its frills. The rate that you will get after the quest is 35%.

NEOGAF HUNTING SERVER
Guys you all want VALOR 1 (30-40) or WISDOM 1 (30-40) as the Neogaf hunting server? Come on we need to decide this right here right now.

Valor (2) - Tenbatsu, Tremis
Wisdom (6) - D-Pad, d0c_zaius, kafka rock opera, Mr_Guillotine, Insaniac, Skiesofwonder

Please vote!

d0c_zaius said:
Good playing with you dude. Much fun.

Ill be on again helping a friend up from nubland if you want to play.

Indeed it was, I was just pissed when that Royal Ludroth killed after it stunned me. Yeah, I'll definitely still be on what time will you be back on?

Poyunch

Tenbatsu said:
Its means to damage its frills. The rate that you will get after the quest is 35%.

NEOGAF HUNTING SERVER
Guys you all want VALOR 1 (30-40) or WISDOM 1 (30-40) as the Neogaf hunting server? Come on we need to decide this right here right now.

Wisdom (4) - D-Pad, d0c_zaius, kafka rock opera, Mr_Guillotine

Please vote!
So it can only be shattered once right?

edit: Finally got one. :D

d0c_zaius

Mr_Guillotine said:
Indeed it was, I was just pissed when that Royal Ludroth killed after it stunned me. Yeah, I'll definitely still be on what time will you be back on?

I think its something like if they hit you a couple of times, then with a charge you can get stunned. Or maybe its a stun move. Tenbatsu is probably a better authority on stun properties.

But you can mash like hell the sticks and buttons to get out of it quick SF2 style

PounchEnvy said:

yup

Tenbatsu

PounchEnvy said:
Yap, once only. You will notice that its damaged.

d0c_zaius said:
I think its something like if they hit you a couple of times, then with a charge you can get stunned. Or maybe its a stun move. Tenbatsu is probably a better authority on stun properties.
Consecutive 3 hits to a stun, no matter what monster.

Btw you guys know that you can eat Felyne Kitchen Skills at the table for 50 bucks online right?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Is there any difference between Valor and Wisdom?

If not, I vote Wisdom.

Edit: I am on, if any gaffers want to play. Just hit me up here or on send me a message on the game.

NA - JK1GQB - Skyefinn (Skiesofwonder)**

Poyunch

Tenbatsu said:
Yap, once only. You will notice that its damaged.

Consecutive 3 hits to a stun, no matter what monster.

Btw you guys know that you can eat Felyne Kitchen Skills at the table for 50 bucks online right?
Yeah I've seen what the battle damage looked like I just never got rewarded a King Frill up until now. I thought that there might have been another "level" of shattering that I was just missing. :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tenbatsu said:

NEOGAF HUNTING SERVER

Wisdom (6) - D-Pad, d0c_zaius, kafka rock opera, Mr_Guillotine, Insaniac, Skiesofwonder

Please vote!

Wisdom!

So say we all!

Kevtones

Lafiel said:
Question about this game - Can you play 2-player local online?

Nope :(

Only arena mode although it can be kinda fun...

Insaniac, what level player are you? I'm a beginner who just did his first 2-star quest...

Tenbatsu

Lafiel said:
Question about this game - Can you play 2-player local online?
Nope only for arena mode.

NEOGAF HUNTING GROUND
Guess there is no point voting anymore. Its decided:

WISDOM 1 (City Gate 40) <- for the time being unless we have more than 100 players here them we can add gate 39.

will be Neogaf's hunting ground.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like not having a bare midriff anymore.

So what's a good standard ammo to carry in a light bowgun, wise ones?

And this might be a really obvious answer, but can you really redo quests as many times as you want?

demon arm

I'd really appreciate it if someone who has bought Tri in Germany could report here whether the DE-PAL Version is multilingual and includes English text and speech.

Hiltz

Killed a couple more Great Jaggis and got the Commander's Knife/Dagger sword & shield weapon and made a shock trap as well.

Question: When do you get to encounter Royal Ludroth ? Do you have to wait until all level 2 quests are done ?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
What's the playtime I can expect to squeeze out of this?

Or rather how much it'll take to access all the maps and take on 90% of the monsters?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bitmap Frogs said:
What's the playtime I can expect to squeeze out of this?

Or rather how much it'll take to access all the maps and take on 90% of the monsters?

Did you ever play Phantasy Star Online?

Tenbatsu

Hawkian said:
So what's a good standard ammo to carry in a light bowgun, wise ones?

And this might be a really obvious answer, but can you really redo quests as many times as you want?
Normal S Lv2 ftw + Pierce S Lv2/3

Yes you can redo the same quest till the day you die provided the servers are still around.

Hiltz said:
Question: When do you get to encounter Royal Ludroth ? Do you have to wait until all level 2 quests are done ?
3 Star for offline, 1 Star for online.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I hate to bring Sales-Age into this, but is anyone else REALLY anxious to see the next NPD numbers? Can't wait to see how MH3 did.

Also I love the Event Quest. The rewards are ridiculously good. :lol

Hiltz

Tenbatsu said:
Normal S Lv2 ftw + Pierce S Lv2/3

Yes you can redo the same quest till the day you die provided the servers are still around.

3 Star for offline, 1 Star for online.

Thanks for the tip.

ShinNL

Just a tip as an outsider: why would you guys pick something that start with 1? Wisdom 1, City 1-40? Are there no 3's and 4's? Because do you guys really think no other group are going to pick something that obvious? It's gonna be a mix bag later on.

Something like 3-8 or something would be much smarter I think. Anyway, since I don't have the game yet I don't know how the servers look like, so you can render my argument as moot.

Insaniac

That was awesome, i saw a giant fireball fly by my char and i turned around a huge ass wyvern is chargin at us hahaha

good huntin trixie, harlowe

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Soneet said:
Just a tip as an outsider: why would you guys pick something that start with 1? Wisdom 1, City 1-40? Are there no 3's and 4's? Because do you guys really think no other group are going to pick something that obvious? It's gonna be a mix bag later on.

Something like 3-8 or something would be much smarter I think. Anyway, since I don't have the game yet I don't know how the servers look like, so you can render my argument as moot.

I don't think it would be so bad if there were some others on that server from time to time. I haven't seen more than 10 people in it. But if we want one that will always be empty except for GAF I guess you're right.

d0c_zaius

thats why i go to wisdom 1 city 40

and wisdom is actually not the first place people will go. thats greed

Insaniac said:
That was awesome, i saw a giant fireball fly by my char and i turned around a huge ass wyvern is chargin at us hahaha

totally! the fact hes not even the main part of the quest makes it even more entertaining

bilqy5g10to73wc5s.jpg

Yay.

Tenbatsu

Soneet said:

Yeah I was thinking about this too.

Feel free to propose a better suggestion if you have any.

Hawkian said:
Don't like Pellet shots Tenbatsu? They seem pretty awesome.
Yeah but my friends walk out on me when I use them :(

Edit: I made a mistake, it's 2000 per server. 100 per gate. Guess we can use wisdom 1 gate 40.

Saya

Where can I find crystallized bones? I killed Dexels and Jaggias but they don't drop it seems (or am I just unlucky) and I haven't been able to find any in bone piles on the ground.

ShinNL

If someone dares to pellet teammates (even if it's not me being hit) then I always go berserk and hit them as much as I can the whole quest. It's not hard to see when certain attacks does something bad to teammates, because you know... they're like either twitching and stuck or flying.

Pellets make people stuck in a permanent state, because of all the small hits.

Top Bottom