• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

sonicspear64 said:
EDIT: Oh shit it's in the item box! :lol
To see thems you gots to look!!

So i fought the bird thingy with the red air pocket thing, the one that calls other fuckers to fuck you up. The one that was in the demo, i think, maybe? Felt like vintage MH. The thing moved a little bit like a kutku, but with a lot of other moves thrown in there. Anyways, he took a long ass time to go down (45/50minutes). Ran out of cool aid, started losing health pretty bad... started to be short on potions and megapotions... and then... i saw the limp...

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW FUCKER??!,?? NOT U, THAT'S WHO'S LAUGHING!!!!

Edit: Oh snap, i need to come up with a "keikaku"!!

Dreavus

dsister44 said:
thank you sooooooooo much for asking that question lol, gaf should write a guide

Well, if you read the quest description the guy is basically looking for fossils, so that should tell us something about where they're found.

Can't say I wouldn't have had problems finding them, though. I already knew about the quest from this thread by the time I got around to it. :p

Drame

Man, my eyes are burning. I would want to continue playing but my eyes say no.

By the way; has the official EU server been decided yet?

After about six hours worth of playtime I can safely say that I'm hooked. What a game. It's really a shame that I did not have a chance to seriously play Mon Hun games before Tri, but I'm sure I wont miss any other game this game series will produce. :0

Hiltz

I'm also really happy to have bought this game. As a first timer to the franchise, it's hard to know what to expect even with the demo. Thankfully, its one of the most enjoyable games I've played.

- Managed to do the level 2 capture Great Jaggi quest on first try.

-Recently got to level 3 quests (beat that quest where you have to kill 6 of those rhino-like dinosaurs) and have full Great Jaggi armor and weapon set. The only down side is that the sword and shield needs to be constantly sharpened with a wetstone.

- Found Cha Cha and what a strange little guy he is.

wsippel

Banned
NomarTyme said:
Just completed my Jaggi blade armor! Anybody know a good place where I can find ivy besides farming it.
Deserted Island area 2 close to the camp entrance, and in area 9 close to the area 10 entrance if I remember correctly.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
So can someone explain the HR system in this game to me? The other games were different obviously but I don't really understand why I cant go beyond hr 1 level quests in the guild hall, and yet I am hr 8 or something. I have done all but one quest in the 1* guild hall, and I THINK the only urgent that I got, I did it and still didn't get 2* quests.

I say I THINK because after I finished it, it said the same quest as event, but didn't say completed. Maybe I read it wrong? maybe it was always event, but either way I should have an urgent by now. I do more quests and the thing tells me I am not eligible for an hr lv up, so someone clear this up for me please.

Khezu

Is there a way to inspect players with out having to stand right next to them? I can't seem to find anything in the menus, I am almost 100% positive you could in MH1.

cabottemp

Banned
kafka rock opera said:
Im on right now. Anyone else down for some hunting?

ugh, i would be but my gf is making me watch lost with her. which wouldn't be so bad but i finished this episode last night when she fell asleep. :(

Poyunch

I spent the afternoon making my Rhenoplos armor set. I'm now ready for Peco! I'm a bit annoyed that there are no leggings in the set so I settled for those Loc Lac slipper-things. :lol

Didn't have a lot of time to play today but I almost have all mah Jaggi armor. I killed queropeco (OMG, I can't spell any of these monsters' names!) on the first try. Much easier than in the demo and thankfully I only had the stupid great jaggi to deal with.

I'm reeeally dreading water battles =( Like you don't.even.know =(

Does anyone know where to get some of the paintberry stuff? I forgot where it is... guess I'll check the wiki.

botticus

Still haven't finished the tutorial parts yet (baby Jaggis are my bitches!), but I've only had a few hours to put into it yet. Hoping I'll be able to play a bunch this weekend.

I like how the blacksmith's reward for giving him iron ore was... telling you how to upgrade stuff. And in doing so, took the material I would have used to upgrade my lame Hunter's Knife.

I seem to be accumulating a good amount of "rarer" crap as I go - couple different kinds of mushrooms in particular. Is there any way to know what is worth selling for cash and what you should be hanging onto for future upgrades/combinations? For example, if something says "you should sell this for money!" am I going to hate myself for selling it a few hours later?

Ridley327

Items come very easy in this game (especially the basic stuff since you can go into the forest and free-roam at any time), so there's no reason to worry too terribly much. The only stuff you should consider not selling right away are animal parts since they're all used in some kind of equipment creation in one way or another. You do get a list of each part that they take as soon as you find one requirement for them, so you can judge whether or not it's something you can use.

botticus

Ridley327 said:
You do get a list of each part that they take as soon as you find one requirement for them, so you can judge whether or not it's something you can use.
Oh, that's good to know. And yeah, I'm going to have 10 well-done steaks and 10 mega-potions ready before I need to use one of them, so I probably won't worry myself too much with resource-type items.

I apologize if this has been said a bunch before but- I'm about 13 hours in and so far I've only taken down 2 bosses! Makes me laugh! This game is too awesome.:D

Lenardo

Banned
hiro4 said:
Got the unique mushroom quest! Though I did not get any of the other mushrooms. MH is soo broken sometimes.

Also online is so much tougher then offline compared to MHFU. I didn't expect that.

hiro... ripe mushrooms? are in the bugs by the mushrooms you have to wait til they eat the shrooms and their belly's turn a different color (be a sparkly thing on ground

the other mushroom drops from the herbivores when they do the same thing

gunther

try now, we are preparing to be raped bya balroth, you can join us if you wish :lol .
recruiting, wisdom1, city gate 40, city 4.
if we are questing, just wait for us.

jasonng

So with all my excitement going around this game, I didn't realize that I accidentally ordered two copies of this game from Amazon. Stupid me.

I don't know if it's difficult or not to find a copy of this game with the classic controller pro but I now have an extra one. I'd figured I might drop a note here to see if anyone wants to buy it off me instead of returning it to Amazon. 60 bucks straight for the unopened box. I lose five bucks either way.

PM me if you're in nyc and you're interested.

Tenbatsu

sprsk said:
Mostly because its a fucking BEAST in this game.
I personally don't think its that 'great' this time round :/

Insaniac said:
also how does bowgun weight affect you?
A weight of 29 and below will be a light bow (able to side step after firing), 30 - 70 will be a middle bow (able to roll after firing) and 70 up will be a heavy bow.

Remfin said:
I was gonna give you some of my stuff but for some reason the menu option wasn't showing up. Does it only show up when you're at a city gate or something? I know I've seen "Give" before.
You can only give item rare 3 or below.

EDGE review here
http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/review-monster-hunter-tri

Wow at Nintendo UK MH3 Marketing!:O
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/index_monsterhunter.html

d0c_zaius

im glad city wisdom 1 city 40 caught on :D It seems nice and quiet

Had too many hours of fun last night with a gaf crew! feeling so crusty after no sleep and wondering if I should do it all again tonight lol

Pancho

Qurupancho
Guys, me and my friends are playing online atm, what quests do we need to do in order to get to the 2 star quests? Do we have to do all the 1 star quests?

botticus

Lenardo said:
hiro... ripe mushrooms? are in the bugs by the mushrooms you have to wait til they eat the shrooms and their belly's turn a different color (be a sparkly thing on ground

the other mushroom drops from the herbivores when they do the same thing
:/ I took out the bugs a few times and only got garbage. I harvested some Choice Mushrooms normally so I figured it was just harder to find the Ripe. Oh well, at least I finished a quest!

Me and my buddy just got this game today and have played for about 5 hours after seeing the videos and reviews of it, we have never played one before. Started off online, then got to kill the great Jaggi quest and have died maybe close to 8 times. We're not really feeling this game, but im not sure if its just our general lack of understanding but it is getting really frustrating. So any pointers? Are we going at this game completely wrong?

Londa

Banned
is there a way to make the text a little more clear? I can't make out the last two digits in my ID. Any help is much appreciated!

Edit: Nevermind I've fixed the problem

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I need help finding a team around my skill level :\

I can take down Guild hall barroth with the right team members, It just seems like everyone is either just starting or GH 37.

The whole gaf team thing didnt work out as well as id have wished.

Top Bottom