• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

DataBot

dsister44 said:
i just realised how crazily complicated the armour system is. should i get queripeco armour or wait for somehting better?

oh and is the best capturing method a shock trap then tranquilizers?

I got the peco armor with peco Tomahawk with defense m bonus and recovery item bonus, its pretty good for defense later you you will have to get another armor anyway.

200px-Qurupeco-Blademaster.png

Edit: it doesnt matter which trap you use...

caligula13

Gold Member
like the game. killed some monsters online. but it's so complcated, don't know what to do with the things i carved out of the monsters.

DataBot

caligula13 said:
like the game. killed some monsters online. but it's so complcated, don't know what to do with the things i carved out of the monsters.

Always keep them you can always combine stuff or you will need them later for crafting.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Hawkian said:
You still around? If you don't mind a true (though very cautious and logical) noob, I'd love to join and check it out.

Let me kill this jaggi offline one sec and I'll join you! Come on gaf lets party!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I better get this in the mail today. Hopefully play offline and next weekend start joining you guys online. I can't wait to hunt with my hero sprsk

Gobul was quite a pain in the ass... Using Bowgun I died two times but killed the son of a bitch after 45 fucking minutes.

HARVEST? DO NOT WANT!

PS: Tundra looks way better than Flooded Forest.

sprsk

ARrrggg I have been having some seriously awful connection issues with this game. Half of the time people can't connect to each other. Wasn't ever like this in the JP version.

selig

Banned
Ugh, im at the "Capture a Great Jaggi"-quest, and I killed him twice :/ On my first try, I used that trap you get in the quest, some electric trap, and he was caught within it, but he just stood there, paralyzed. What do i need to do to capture him?

sprsk

selig said:
Ugh, im at the "Capture a Great Jaggi"-quest, and I killed him twice :/ On my first try, I used that trap you get in the quest, some electric trap, and he was caught within it, but he just stood there, paralyzed. What do i need to do to capture him?

Throw tranq bombs.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
One small thing i'm curious about in the game - does the actual game have the ability to be patched with bug fixes and content updates? :)

JKTrix

If you guys are still playing, I should be on in a few... just stuck my batteries into a 15-minute charger

BYJ3D6 - Raikou

God, fucking barroth... I got him limping. He does his boulder rain thing, i sneak underneath him to whack his shit. Somehow, a boulder manages to get off his back and fly down at such an angle that it got between its legs and hit me... Heat seeking boulder?
Anyways, i get the fuck out of there. Cha-cha comes over to knock the boulder off.

He fucking misses.

Barroth charges, i'm dead, end of the story.

Edit: where do i find poop early on in the game? I don't think i've seen any just laying around.

JKTrix

Fistwell said:
Edit: where do i find poop early on in the game? I don't think i've seen any just laying around.

If it's just normal dung, there is some in area 8 of the starting map. There's a pile of dung that you can apparently find Machalite Ore in sometimes too.

JKTrix said:
If it's just normal dung, there is some in area 8 of the starting map. There's a pile of dung that you can apparently find Machalite Ore in sometimes too.
Cool, thanks!

Edit: Oh, wow, i had totally missed that spot, hadnt noticed you could gather stuff there. On a side note, i have rarely been THAT excited about poop. When the word "dung" showed up on screen, i actually went "OH YEEESSS!" out loud.

Quick question guys:

In the instruction manual, certain status effects say that you can shake the Wii remote to lose the effect more quickly. I probably won't be encountering these any time soon, but does this mean if I'm playing with the CCP, I'll have to reach over and grab the remote and start shaking? Or does the CCP have an accelerometer?

Luigiv

Funky Functionality said:
Quick question guys:

In the instruction manual, certain status effects say that you can shake the Wii remote to lose the effect more quickly. I probably won't be encountering these any time soon, but does this mean if I'm playing with the CCP, I'll have to reach over and grab the remote and start shaking? Or does the CCP have an accelerometer?
Wiggle the stick.

Wow this fucking crystal bone quest is pissing me off. First time I did the quest I used the 3 old pickaxes they gave me. Of course all of them break as soon as I get 3 crystal bones. I was like "Ok. No problem. I'll just quit and get a mega pickaxe from my item box. It shouldn't break that easily."

So I come back and now I have the mega pickaxes along with the 3 old pickaxes. I mine some stuff. I get all the good ore and stuff that I'll probably need later on, but all the pickaxes break and I only have 2 crystal bones. :lol

The third time I did the exact same thing and got a lot farther. I actually mined all the deposits in the Sandy Plains, got 3 crystal bones, and still have my mega pickaxe. So I had to wait a while for them to respawn. I go back after a couple minutes and I mine all of the ore/items out of a deposit and then the fucking pickaxe breaks and the last thing is not a crystal skull, but a fucking unknown skull! :lol

I'm now bringing 3 mega pickaxes. If they all break before this quest is over, someone is gonna get it!

forrest

formerly nacire
Seraphis Cain said:
Ad-Hoc Party is on the PS3, yo. :lol

Yeah I know, but some people posted they were using alternative methods of chat and for some odd reason my brain was equating those terms with PS3 Ad-Hoc. :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian said:
Soooorry guys, my Wii to VGA cable came and I am reworking all my wiring here in my room.

:lol Well...

Got it working. I am sure no one expected it to look stunning over VGA, and I am hardly a graphics whore myself, but man. The cable produces a little bit of noise and is a fairly dark and washed out signal... turning the in-game brightness to max helped with this a lot but now any surface in the game that is actually white looks like the surface of the sun :lol I think I definitely prefer the blurred/soft look of the composite signal to the crisp but jag jag jaggy component signal. It is definitely better than on my 17-inch tv, though, and the text is MUCH easier to read, although seeing it so much bigger really calls into relief how much the font itself is the deeper problem. Really, Capcom, you need a system-wide replacement of that font. Rs and Ms blur together, 1 and lowercase L are essentially indistinguishable... the number 8 is a travesty.

Anyway, not a terrible 25ish bucks and a better solution for me than playing on my tiny tiny TV. The only real problem is that every once in a while the entire screen turns black for about a second and then comes back. I don't think it's enough to really effect gameplay but it is DEEPLY annoying. If I can't find a solution to that (and really... even if I can) I am going to go ahead and not recommend trying a component to VGA solution if you have any other options. I literally don't except for when my parents go out of town, so this works for me. But make no mistake, it sucks. :lol

Can't wait to buy my own place....

Zierath

sonicspear64 said:
Wow this fucking crystal bone quest is pissing me off. First time I did the quest I used the 3 old pickaxes they gave me. Of course all of them break as soon as I get 3 crystal bones. I was like "Ok. No problem. I'll just quit and get a mega pickaxe from my item box. It shouldn't break that easily."

So I come back and now I have the mega pickaxes along with the 3 old pickaxes. I mine some stuff. I get all the good ore and stuff that I'll probably need later on, but all the pickaxes break and I only have 2 crystal bones. :lol

The third time I did the exact same thing and got a lot farther. I actually mined all the deposits in the Sandy Plains, got 3 crystal bones, and still have my mega pickaxe. So I had to wait a while for them to respawn. I go back after a couple minutes and I mine all of the ore/items out of a deposit and then the fucking pickaxe breaks and the last thing is not a crystal skull, but a fucking unknown skull! :lol

I'm now bringing 3 mega pickaxes. If they all break before this quest is over, someone is gonna get it!

You can combine bone+stone to get an old pickaxe and bone+iron ore for an iron pickaxe. No need to go back to town for them.

Zierath said:
You can combine bone+stone to get an old pickaxe and bone+iron ore for an iron pickaxe. No need to go back to town for them.
Well too late for that. A hunter needs to learn lessons the hard way I suppose. :lol

forrest

formerly nacire
sonicspear64 said:

Kill some monsters, get some bones and combine them with the metal you mined to make more pickaxes while you're in the field. It will save you from failing the quest.

Teknoman

Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah, going back and re-reading what Tenbatsu said about the new charm system, mixing and matching armors sounds like it actually woks well this time around. But only if you have the proper charms/decorations to attach to them. Just going about it willy-nilly won't yield optimal results.

How do you make charms anyway? All I can make are normal decorations (got auto guard and attack (s) skill for now.

JudgeN

How important our earplug/HG earplugs in this game? It seems not very many sets give you the skill. I lived by them with the PSP version, so many monsters had rawr combos.

caligula13

Gold Member
so, i failed at the first quest. how am i supposed to know where these mushrooms are that i have to find? are there some hints i don't see?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Teknoman said:
How do you make charms anyway? All I can make are normal decorations (got auto guard and attack (s) skill for now.

You don't make them. You can either get them from mining points or as quest rewards.

In fact, do the current Event Quest online and you'll get a boatload of them.

caligula13 said:
so, i failed at the first quest. how am i supposed to know where these mushrooms are that i have to find? are there some hints i don't see?

Try putting monsters in the monster book. Go to it, keep it up, hold Z and click the monster with A, and drag it to the bottom right. Read what it says about the monster and there's your clue.

Nimyh

Banned
Hawkian said:
not recommend trying a component to VGA solution if you have any other options. I literally don't except for when my parents go out of town, so this works for me. But make no mistake, it sucks. :lol
Eh, I think you just got a bad cable. I have a pretty good VGA cable that I used with my 19" monitor and it worked perfectly.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Sammy Samusu said:
Wii?

Looks amazing, my faith goes for you, Capgod.
I would have prefered less effects for better IQ. The water does looks amazing, better than many Ps3/360 games i can recall.

Ridley327

Out of curiosity, is there a resource that lists what wireless keyboards work with the game? I feel like I'm at such a disadvantage online because I can't type fast enough with the in-game keyboard for even the simplest of statements.

That'll learn me for relying on everyone having Wii Speak.

Teknoman

Ridley327 said:
Out of curiosity, is there a resource that lists what wireless keyboards work with the game? I feel like I'm at such a disadvantage online because I can't type fast enough with the in-game keyboard for even the simplest of statements.

That'll learn me for relying on everyone having Wii Speak.

Grab one of those Logitech Wii wireless keyboards off amazon for cheap. They work with PCs as well.

Ridley327

Teknoman said:
Grab one of those Logitech Wii wireless keyboards off amazon for cheap. They work with PCs as well.

Well, I can get a pretty hot deal on a HP wireless keyboard right now at my store, which is why I was asking if there was a compatibility list.

Londa

Banned
Tenbatsu: I would love to but I'm still learning how to play. I don't want to slow you down

Is it ok to place everything I get in the storage box? If I go to the farm or to make new armor or weapons do I have to take them out first or will they include the items from my storage box while I talk to a npc? Do I need to have the item on me to be able to use it with npcs?

Top Bottom