• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Jesus the online section takes ages to navigate through. Then you get people ass naked wanting to do quests or putting one up, joining then saying they dont know what to do!

Had an epic 2 man battle with the bird as the 3rd guy just ran around harvesting everything insight and being useless :/ Ill dig my ID code out in a bit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nimyh said:
Eh, I think you just got a bad cable. I have a pretty good VGA cable that I used with my 19" monitor and it worked perfectly.

Could you direct me to the one you got? It's much more likely that it's an issue between the cable and the monitor than a bad cable. I'm not sure if anything is wrong with the cable itself because the signal seems perfectly secure and crisp. I'll try with other monitors and see if there's any difference.

Essentially though, it works well and my only real complaint is the black screen every few minutes which is really annoying. But I'll probably just learn to live with it...

kinggroin

Banned
Londa said:
Tenbatsu: I would love to but I'm still learning how to play. I don't want to slow you down

Is it ok to place everything I get in the storage box? If I go to the farm or to make new armor or weapons do I have to take them out first or will they include the items from my storage box while I talk to a npc? Do I need to have the item on me to be able to use it with npcs?

When you go to forge, they take into account what items you have stored in the box :)

Tenbatsu

Londa said:
Tenbatsu: I would love to but I'm still learning how to play. I don't want to slow you down
No fret man, I completed the game before there's nothing to slow me down:D

Edit: Playin with sprsk and john tv now.

Bison11

Anyone want to do some 1 star quests. I need to get caught up online. I am halfway through Level 2 quests in SP and just killed the Great Jaggi.

So if anyone wants to do the boring Level 1 quests let me know.

My name is Kosar and my ID is KTTRUU

botticus

I'm going to have nightmares of Lagiacrus in my sleep. All I wanted to do was kill some Epioths. :( I have a hard enough time swimming without being in panic mode. First I tried to fast-swim, but had my weapons out. And then I don't know where I was facing so I was just treading water until I took three hits and died. :lol

I am really terrified of going anywhere near the water now. And one of the 1-star quests left requires me to go all the way in. At least I got through the Ludoths with no problem.

Ridley327

If it makes you feel any better, you won't have to worry about Lagiacrus for a while. That quest is supposed to serve as a reminder of how serious the game can get.

I can't make any promises about other water-based wyvern, though...

botticus

Ridley327 said:
If it makes you feel any better, you won't have to worry about Lagiacrus for a while. That quest is supposed to serve as a reminder of how serious the game can get.
Phew... I was worried he'd just be randomly popping up all over.

ExtraKr1spy said:
Buy/Craft the Hunter's series armor and it gives you the autotracker ability(Large/Boss monster's appear on the map so you'll know which places to avoid.)
Will do. Have one piece of that set, was kinda holding off on the rest though. I'm excited enough about my Soldier's Sword made from Jaggi pieces.

botticus said:
I'm going to have nightmares of Lagiacrus in my sleep. All I wanted to do was kill some Epioths. :( I have a hard enough time swimming without being in panic mode. First I tried to fast-swim, but had my weapons out. And then I don't know where I was facing so I was just treading water until I took three hits and died. :lol

I am really terrified of going anywhere near the water now. And one of the 1-star quests left requires me to go all the way in. At least I got through the Ludoths with no problem.

Buy/Craft the Hunter's series armor and it gives you the autotracker ability(Large/Boss monster's appear on the map so you'll know which places to avoid.)

Bison11

Just did my first quest online and we got ROCKED by that Bird thing. That ass called in a Great Jaggi too, so we were fighting both of those assholes;

Chromax

Can anyone help me with Barroth urgent? Been stuck on this one for days. I killed him offline but always have problem online.

I'll be at recruiting > greed3 > gate 9>city 3

hiro4

Forged the switch axe this afternoon through the online option.
What an awesome weapon! This will certainly keep me happy till I get my hands on theong sword.

Also got myself a bowgun.
With the new customize options and the better camera controls I'm actually not missing the bow.

NomarTyme

hiro4 said:
Forged the switch axe this afternoon through the online option.
What an awesome weapon! This will certainly keep me happy till I get my hands on theong sword.

Also got myself a bowgun.
With the new customize options and the better camera controls I'm actually not missing the bow.
I want to make a Heavy bowgun, but I started and ammo is expensive. I really liking the controls after playing on the PSP for the longest time.

JKTrix

Bison11 said:
Just did my first quest online and we got ROCKED by that Bird thing. That ass called in a Great Jaggi too, so we were fighting both of those assholes;

If that gives you trouble... just wait until it calls a Rathian (I think that's what it's called, the dragon) as johntv, sp0rsk gunther and I were unfortunate enough to encounter.

I'll be putting in some Community Service hours around 8pm (GMT -4).

Primarily using keyboard, but I'll have Wii Speak ready on request. I'm HR15, so 1 and 2-star quests only. Lower HR users and people new to the series have priority.

I have incredible amounts of patience and empathy, but a low tolerance for behavior most people would consider juvenile. (I'm old. Deal with it.) You're better off assuming I'm easily offended, 'cause it's not beneath me to pretend to be offended just to get away from people.

ID: NBJ3AC

Bison11

JKTrix said:
If that gives you trouble... just wait until it calls a Rathian (I think that's what it's called, the dragon) as johntv, sp0rsk gunther and I were unfortunate enough to encounter.

Yeah...I can only imagine. I was not very prepared though because I only had the 3 potions that the quest gives you and I had no mega nutrients......I am also a noob at Monster Hunter lol

Ridley327

I should also warn you that Great Jaggi isn't the only large monster that Qurupeco can summon in the forest.

PROTIP: Pray it doesn't see you.

gotee12

Attack You said:
(I'm old. Deal with it.)
:lol
It's nice to see that I'm not the only crotchety old man around here with a low tolerance for juvenile antics...

Played Moga Forest earlier and had 2 Great Jaggi's appear at the same time. Didn't know that it could happen. I thought that only Quru could summon another monster and that that would be the only time two monsters would be on the screen at the same time. Makes me wonder if it could happen with other types of big bads in Moga Forest...

p.s. - even though it was 2 on 1, don't fret, they still didn't have a chance against the SA... :D

Argh, my old problem of hoarding returns. I find it really hard to just walk past a resource without stocking up on a bunch of stuff I've already got enough of. Must....fight...ocd...argghh....*searches through bush*

Chromax

I have come to the conclusion that the Barroth urgent quest is impossible for me. I think I've used like 100+ mega potions total and still can't finish it. Even with HR15+ people. ;_; I should prob quit...

Bison11

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I just hunted and killed a Great Jaggi outside of the quest and I was trying to carve him up but I kept getting hit by jaggi and the damn Great Jaggi dissapeared. I am so Pissed

Chromax said:
I have come to the conclusion that the Barroth urgent quest is impossible for me. I think I've used like 100+ mega potions total and still can't finish it. Even with HR15+ people. ;_; I should prob quit...
I stopped by that server you posted earlier, but it was unpopulated.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ExtraKr1spy said:

So THAT's why it appeared on my map.

Would've been a looot more stressful without that. Are there other armor sets with that ability?

selig

Banned
lol, just failed a quest online to catch 6 golden fish, because nobody had the right bait, and we used up all worms.

btw. I use sword and shield. when you upgrade your sword, is your shield always part of the sword? I dont think I saw an option to equip a different shield. Also, if I stay with one sword but keep upgrading it, will it change in appearance, or will I always have to stare at the same design?

Remfin

Ridley327 said:
Well, I can get a pretty hot deal on a HP wireless keyboard right now at my store, which is why I was asking if there was a compatibility list.
If it helps my old-ass Logitech Cordless Elite Duo (something like that) works. It's a combo keyboard/mouse system so I thought maybe that would create issues, but nope!

You were typing pretty fast for someone who doesn't have a keyboard :lol

Chromax

Attack You said:
I stopped by that server you posted earlier, but it was unpopulated.

I left since no one showed up ><

...then went to try to do it with random people and that resulted in more failures. ;_;

I'll wait in Recruiting > Greed3 > Gate 3 > City 5 again...

Lyonaz

Got my component cable this morning and damn the difference in image quality is great. Game looks a lot more crisp and text is actually legible.:lol

Now I'm actually looking forward to play more games on the Wii.

Ridley327

Remfin said:
If it helps my old-ass Logitech Cordless Elite Duo (something like that) works. It's a combo keyboard/mouse system so I thought maybe that would create issues, but nope!

You were typing pretty fast for someone who doesn't have a keyboard :lol

It's too painful to continue on with that method.

I'll take a chance with this wireless keyboard; if it doesn't work, I'll just return it and continue to mope about it.

Man... the underwater fights are getting a little annoying. Fucking non-inverted camera... murky water... movement in the 3rd dimension... fucking seaweed getting in the way of the camera (or other monsters, or chacha)... slow ass movement... fast moving monster who stuns me a lot... stupid fucking mobs being a pain in the ass... AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAZKJFDQAIZIIZAIZIAAZIIZAIZAIAI§§§§§§§§C§QSC§!!qsc!!

Bahahaha. That stupid bird called in a rathian :lol
Managed to kick its ass and carve it then went back and beat up the bird till I could capture it! :D

selig said:
btw. I use sword and shield. when you upgrade your sword, is your shield always part of the sword? I dont think I saw an option to equip a different shield. Also, if I stay with one sword but keep upgrading it, will it change in appearance, or will I always have to stare at the same design?
S+S are treated as a single weapon. When you upgrade one, you upgrade both. The design changes now and then.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fistwell said:
Man... the underwater fights are getting a little annoying. Fucking non-inverted camera... murky water... movement in the 3rd dimension... fucking seaweed getting in the way of the camera (or other monsters, or chacha)... slow ass movement... fast moving monster who stuns me a lot... stupid fucking mobs being a pain in the ass... AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAZKJFDQAIZIIZAIZIAAZIIZAIZAIAI§§§§§§§§C§QSC§!!qsc!!

Isn't inverting the camera controls underwater one of the options?

Remfin

alske said:
Are people still going to wisdom 1 gate 40? I'm getting online and don't see anyone.
I think people get bored of waiting and jump over to other cities/gates. Or there just aren't that many Gaffers around :( But that's where I ran into Ridley! I hope whatever app or site that was planned is ready soon...

Hawkian said:
So THAT's why it appeared on my map.

Would've been a looot more stressful without that. Are there other armor sets with that ability?

I think as far as the low rank armor goes, only the hunter and the guild armor have auto tracker. Not sure about high rank ones.

Londa said:

Is it ok to place everything I get in the storage box? If I go to the farm or to make new armor or weapons do I have to take them out first or will they include the items from my storage box while I talk to a npc? Do I need to have the item on me to be able to use it with npcs?

Dump it all in the storage box. All that stuff gets counted when you're crafting weapons and armor. Just keep an eye on what sorts of things you aren't really using in crafting anymore, and then you can sell it for extra cash when you get them, rather than having them just occupy space in your box.

hiro4

Killed my first great jaggi. Went over in like 10~15minutes. Guess the switch axe is abut over powered.

Gonna try capturing him soon though I'm wondering how that will go with all the other jaggis surrounding him.

Top Bottom