• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Anony

is there anyway to change the controls, the camera on the dpad is the stupidest controls ever
and mapping the attacks to the Rstick and not the a/b x/y

what were they thinking

Just replaced my hideous Rhenoplos set with a shiny new Ludroth armour. Looks kinda goofy, but it's still much easier on the eyes.
Also killed my first Barroth, which was a bitch to fight against. It was the first monster to make me faint in singleplayer, too. >:I

gotee12

Anony said:
is there anyway to change the controls, the camera on the dpad is the stupidest controls ever

what were they thinking
You're using cc2. Try cc1. It's under the options menu. I take "thanx" in the form of $100 bills...

Teknoman

Anony said:

what were they thinking

CC2 doesnt mean its for the CC pro. Just use the CC1 control set.

Owzers

slaughterking said:
Just replaced my hideous Rhenoplos set with a shiny new Ludroth armour. Looks kinda goofy, but it's still much easier on the eyes.
Also killed my first Barroth, which was a bitch to fight against. It was the first monster to make me faint in singleplayer, too. >:I

I don't know what the guy Rheno set looks like but the female Rheno hats are awesome. I like my barroth half-set so far...the headgear with extra elemental resistance looks like a dinocat.

sillymonkey321 said:
I don't know what the guy Rheno set looks
It basically looks like this guy became a monster hunter:

biqfffoqiuunmwl1s.jpg

Anony

changed it

still weird, am i missing 2 atk buttons now? there were 4 atks mapped to Rstick, now it's just x/a

i thought the dpad was gonna be for item selecting, but it's still camera, so now there's 2 camera controls, wasting 4 perfectly good buttons to use

Remfin

Sorry guys, I had to go. Good hunting with ya!

BTW, 2 Gaffers friended me earlier...you may not know but you have to do it both ways and you didn't answer my request, so I can't see you. Unless of course that's what you meant to do :p

Anony said:
changed it

still weird, am i missing 2 atk buttons now? there were 4 atks mapped to Rstick, now it's just x/a

i thought the dpad was gonna be for item selecting, but it's still camera, so now there's 2 camera controls, wasting 4 perfectly good buttons to use
You could take a look at the manual. It explains every control scheme for every weapon class in detail.

Ridley327

I think I shall be going online in a little bit, despite just grabbing Nier from my local Best Buy. I need at least seven Spongy Hides to complete my Ludroth set and I could use a couple extra to upgrade to a Spiral Lance for my lance. Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel.

Fistwell said:
I'm supposed to help eric tackle it tomorrow. Let's all do it together (yet again) if you're around tomorrow night (and if your connection holds!).
Managed to get it done twice in a row now :lol
Connection sorted itself out and now I need 2 claws and some 2 mud for his full set!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Soneet said:
Thanks everyone for testing. I know a bit more what I should be adjusting before building more upon it.

New colors:
beta_mh3_image.jpg

(note: local server, just testing, so these people aren't really online)

Look gorgeous now, Soneet. Thanks! You rule for putting this together. Is it live (working) now?

EmCeeGramr said:
game status: seems to be somewhat ownage so far...
cc pro status: pro own, 9th degree own belt

Agreed.

gkrykewy said:
This game is very very good.

Did you get more letters or something?

botticus

Gino said:
I've got a bluetooth logitech board hooked up and it works great.
Yep, didn't even have to resync it after bringing it home from work! Updating community status. Now I'll just have to remember to bring it home every day. But most likely just weekends.

Looks like I'll be starting my 3* offline quests tonight with Cha-Cha. Debating if I want to throw away my Autotracker for some Jaggi gear.

mclem

Still haven't quested with gaffers, just bumped into a couple just after I had to dive offline, but quested with some random folks instead and still rather liked it.

I'm failing to keep track of what all the possible icons after someone's name means, though, I gather the loudspeaker with a cross is 'doesn't have wii speak', but what if they don't have any icon in that slot? Also, someone cropped up with a white icon which I couldn't identify with a big red cross over it in town.

I think I really need to find a USB keyboard; too few people use Wiispeak for it to be reliable.

Anony

slaughterking said:
You could take a look at the manual. It explains every control scheme for every weapon class in detail.
well, looks like this will be the first manual i'll read since the n64 days

Tenbatsu

bigdaddygamebot said:
Are there announcements anywhere regarding the events and when they come out? I could find them easily in the PSP version but I can't find anything officially pointing to them in this one?
Sadly no :(

Sammy Samusu said:
What's "sandstorm"? New Event Quest?
Sandstorm is awesome. You get to buy items cheap and fight something huge and interesting:D

ONLINE PRO TIP:

When one of your partners on a mission gets comboed/raped and is near death and potentially stunned, spread out and run in different directions so that the will monster turn away from them. If you are in really close and they have little chance of escape, beat the shit out of it and hope for a stagger or trip if they are low on health.

Also, kick your friends with the + button on CC when they are stunned or asleep to instantly wake them up.

Diablos in this game is and incredible bitch. During its rage mode, its incredibly tough to hit and dangerous to do so because its so fucking fast.

TO GS USERS FIGHTING HIM: BLOCK MORE.

I seriously see way way to many gs user constantly rolling from attacks and rarely if ever blocking. When you can block most every attack, even the ground burst move from diablos, you realize you can stop taking risks and just sit there blocking until if runs past you.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Gamer @ Heart said:
Diablos in this game is and incredible bitch. During its rage mode, its incredibly tough to hit and dangerous to do so because its so fucking fast.

I seriously see way way to many gs user constantly rolling from attacks and rarely if ever blocking. When you can block most every attack, even the ground burst move from diablos, you realize you can stop taking risks and just sit there blocking until if runs past you.

THIS THIS THIS

I've seen this way too many times online, block ability is there for a reason. People just forget that each weapon has it's own strategy and play style.

Nos_G

Pancho said:
It was weird fighting 2 Quros at the same time with some other gaffers a few hours ago.

That was optional too, we didn't have to kill them. That quest was a free pass one. :lol

I may have to start playing with a hammer, since I really want to smash Barroth's face in and get his scalp. MUST GET THAT HELM!!

Hey guys, I'd love to get down with some experienced hunters.
I put 300+ hours into MHU and MHU2, passed on G tho, was burnt out lol.

Currently I'm using full Jaggi and Bone+ hammer cause I've been very slowly playing, plus portable MH meant I could hunt anywere so I had more time.

So if anyone needs a very very experienced Hunter who has just started MHT I'm down to hunt with ya!

I'm at work now but I think my ID is RMURNEY and my hunters name is PKM. I'm gonna try to use my PC KB tonight, its a standard supplied Dell USB PC KB.

Happy hunting!

dsister44

Fistwell said:
Went on two more barroth hunts tonight. First one was intense. Was out of stamina surprisingly quickly. Thankfully, kozy shared some rations. Went down to the wire, barroth only started limping around 48, 49 minutes in.
On our second run, we ended up finishing him up with a trap + large barrel bombs. Good times.
Thanks for the help, kozy, eric and fred and ozoko !

you were awesome yourself:p

after you left i went to help some other friends and has to do THREE MORE barroth runs. I soooo tired of that urgent quest lol. after we've helped eric we should do some of those awesome 2* quests. im betting the wyvern egg one will be VERY fun in multiplayer

Just about to face Lagiacrus. I hope i enjoy the fight since i reckon i'll be farming this dude a lot to get his armour and awesome sword and shield

Pancho

Qurupancho
Nos_G said:
That was optional too, we didn't have to kill them. That quest was a free pass one. :lol

I may have to start playing with a hammer, since I really want to smash Barroth's face in and get his scalp. MUST GET THAT HELM!!

haha, yeah I know it was optional, but damn it felt bad ass. Also try capturing Barroth, that's how I gots my scalps. You really need that helm since you look like an armored eskimo. xD

Boney

Banned
Why won't you give me a Spongy Hide you bastard, I've captured you 2 times in a row now, and 3 subquests while at it!

Khezu

What control set is everyone using right now? I am about 80 hours in and still can't decide between CC1 or 2. They both have small annoyances that bug me, CC2 is awesome by itself, plays like MH1, however the camera control is less then useful, would be fine, but the added underwater sections make it painful. The CC1 setting has much better camera control, but it limits the moves I can do with weapons, and that's just awful, with the lance, I can't seem to do the little poke while blocking, and I can't use the counter attack from a neutral position, I have to be blocking.

I think its pretty lame to have to choose between a usable camera, and having full access to my movelist. Could have at least used ZR and ZL for something, the quick dash up and down underwater hasn't been much help to me.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Man watching youtube videos of people fighting the
Jhen Mohran
gets me so pumped!:D Must be epic fighting something that big.

Skorp

Neo Member
So yeah I've been so addicted. Already put in like 50 hours offline+online. I'm always up for some hunts. Just finished my Barroth armor set.

forrest

formerly nacire
Gamer @ Heart said:

I'm not sure if strictly speaking about online play or just Diablos play, but speaking as someone who has played a lot of MH in the past and primarily a GS user, I have to say the roll is an important tool.

The attack and roll is a pretty integral part of the Great Sword play style. It's the only way to quickly recover from an attack should you wish to do anything aside from chaining a combo attack. I block at times, but I prefer to roll to get into another position to attack/sheathe/etc. vs. blocking which takes longer to recover from. Don't get me wrong, I do block and it's a welcomed tactic (love Auto Guard), but the attack/roll is very very good.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there any tricks for fighting the 2nd "boss" monster? Qurupeco or something. It took me like 7 Mega potions to kill him, not to mention having to get rid of the Great Jaggi. What a waste of Sonic bombs. :lol

And i dont see how its armor set is better than my current one(You know, the armor made for fat guys). Same defense, but worst resistances, except for +1 in Thunder or something.

Bisnic said:
Is there any tricks for fighting the 2nd "boss" monster? Qurupeco or something. It took me like 7 Mega potions to kill him, not to mention having to get rid of the Great Jaggi. What a waste of Sonic bombs. :lol

And i dont see how its armor set is better than my current one(You know, the armor made for fat guys). Same defense, but worst resistances, except for +1 in Thunder or something.
Go get a meal first. +Health is a start =)

Kevtones

Can someone explain elemental weapons to me? Do they just come like that when you forge/buy them or is there some other way to get them with an elemental power?

I just now got access to the Switch-Axe btw.

Tenbatsu

I Push Fat Kids said:
Can someone explain elemental weapons to me? Do they just come like that when you forge/buy them or is there some other way to get them with an elemental power?

I just now got access to the Switch-Axe btw.
They just come like that, however there is a skill to activate elemental for weapons without elemental to them.

Kevtones

Tenbatsu said:
They just come like that, however there is a skill to activate for weapons without elemental to them.

Okay that's good because I thought I had missed something in one of the tutorials. Thanks :D

nacire said:
I'm not sure if strictly speaking about online play or just Diablos play, but speaking as someone who has played a lot of MH in the past and primarily a GS user, I have to say the roll is an important tool.

The attack and roll is a pretty integral part of the Great Sword play style. It's the only way to quickly recover from an attack should you wish to do anything aside from chaining a combo attack. I block at times, but I prefer to roll to get into another position to attack/sheathe/etc. vs. blocking which takes longer to recover from. Don't get me wrong, I do block and it's a welcomed tactic (love Auto Guard), but the attack/roll is very very good.

Of course! I roll away after an attack 73% of the time. Rolling is super important to a proper GS strategy. I was just pointing out that i see alot of people online only trying to roll away after attacking and finding themselves under a monster. To many times they get needlessly hit when they should have just blocked because the GS roll is too limited.

For example: When a rathian or rathalos step back to fireball, especially the wide AOE rathian fireblast, i saw people trying to roll and sheathe when they should have blocked.

The post was about Diablos in particular. When it dogs underground to fly up at you, all the slow SA and GS users that were caught still swinging when it dives are just rolling around when they could safely just sit tight with a block and wait for it to come back.

Eteric Rice

selig said:
Can someone explain to me why so many players I meet online dont get that when you failed the main mission, you can still finish a sub-quest and thus get what you collected? Most either quit or fight till death.

Because a lot of people never played MH before. This includes me. :D

Top Bottom