• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

botticus

:( There's already a full city taking on Qurupeco? Nobody called me!

I'll be putting up another city at Gate 40 for the same if anyone else wants in.

Teknoman

DarknessTear said:
It doesn't look good on my HDTV. Looks blurry and almost hard to make out.

NA

Turn sharpness up a little and:

http://mh3.soneet.com/?pc=index

DragonGirl said:
Yeah, I'm clever that way.

I'm also heading online in half an hour, that's 6:30 CST to do another official Journal Hunt, so come join Khory.

Anybody reading these things? Tonight's hunt will be posted tomorrow. I had a little schedule shift.

Edit: NA

Yeah, I am and a few others mentioned reading it a few pages back. Also we owe that Rathian a rematch. I'll probably be on later tonight though.

goddamn diablos

i finally get both horns and that fucking magic tail off after 40 minutes, and it roars and i freeze up and despite mashing buttons it knocks me down while i'm still in roar'd mode and i'm stunned oh god when i'm stunned that means yep i'm dead couldn't do a goddamned thing fuck you fuck this desert fuck this world

EmCeeGramr said:
goddamn diablos

i finally get both horns and that fucking magic tail off after 40 minutes, and it roars and i freeze up and despite mashing buttons it knocks me down while i'm still in roar'd mode and i'm stunned oh god when i'm stunned that means yep i'm dead couldn't do a goddamned thing fuck you fuck this desert fuck this world

Bring a shock trap and two thunderbugs and two shock traps to make 2 more. Lay all three down at the start and cut that motherfucking tail off. Once thats out of the way, things get easier.

Bring a pitfall trap but only use it when its not in rage mode so it lasts longer to get the horns. After that, do circles around him until he does an attack that isnt a charge, hit feet twice, roll right out of his charge range which is easy to do.

Kyoufu

EmCeeGramr said:
goddamn diablos

:lol

Get some earplugs, that'll make you unaffected to the dreaded roar!

Owzers

sillymonkey321 said:
i like auto-guard, it compensates for me not knowing the timing of every move and blocks the occassional sudden spin attack.

Also, will a Health armor skill matter if you eat that meal that enlarges your health bar prior to battle? I ate one and it seems like my bar is maxed out so if i got the rathian set...would it be....more maxed out?

eep anyone know this? Going to get on tonight and try to get Rathian armor maybe. lvl 3 bosses destroy me.

Kyoufu

sillymonkey321 said:
eep anyone know this? Going to get on tonight and try to get Rathian armor maybe. lvl 3 bosses destroy me.

Your max health is as far as the screen allows the green bar to go, so 160 hp I think?

Anyway, the advantage of having the armor skill is that you keep the extra health after death, whereas the food will wear off if you die.

Alex

slaughterking said:
Man, I just stumbled upon pics of the Japanese master guide. That thing is big and beautiful. Just how I like them. :0

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

God damn.

The only MH guide I remember in the US was the MH1 one for PS2, it was thin and full of misinformation and I only used it for the maps at the time :lol

Well damn, I sure hope they bring those (or similar) features back with 4

They change a lot around each version. They'll have an expansion for this one that'll do so and Freedom 3 already looks crazy different (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsGVYFBxY88)

L00P

Man, that quest where a Great Jaggi, a Qurupeco, and Barroth were there all at once was hella fun!

I also stepped online for the first time ever. Getting stuck with one-star quests that I had done offline already is kinda lame, and I feel obligated to complete them. Well at least I know where to get jumbo pearls now.

Diffense

I'm tempted by this game but I don't know if I would like it.
I couldn't really get into the demo, most of it went over my head.
I'll probably give it a shot again now that I've read more about the game.

mclem

That was a great evening/night of quests. Two Barroths to start with, then we did loads of other quests to get Wired from HR5 to HR8, then finished on his Barroth. Great work.

Now I need to decide between Barroth or Ludroth armour.

Reknoc

mclem said:
That was a great evening/night of quests. Two Barroths to start with, then we did loads of other quests to get Wired from HR5 to HR8, then finished on his Barroth. Great work.

Now I need to decide between Barroth or Ludroth armour.

Mine :p, and yes it really was alot of fun playing with you lot.

I have that choice aswell but I'm leaning more towards Ludroth because Barroth is being stingy with his shells.

markatisu

Diffense said:
I'm tempted by this game but I don't know if I would like it.
I couldn't really get into the demo, most of it went over my head.

I'll probably give it a shot again now that I've read more about the game.

The demo is really heavy if you have never played it, the actual game moves you along much slower and gets you used to the things in the game.

if you can rent it, I would suggest that

Sorry for making you guys fly all the time. I'm usually pretty considerate and good at avoiding hitting my mates, but there was a considerable amount of lag and you flimsy SnS guys just popped up everywhere. :lol

botticus

I wish you didn't have to do lame quests to get to the next tier. I just played a bunch with what seemed to be non-GAF people (Tapioca and Bob Ross) and I didn't want to trouble them with the monster guts collect-a-thon, so I'll have to do that some other time and look for people to help with my Barroth quest afterwards.

Helped out on another guy's Barroth and I think I spent more time running around than attacking. But at least with that and a Royal Ludroth conquest there's a lot more gear to look at buying.

Owzers

Kyoufu said:
Your max health is as far as the screen allows the green bar to go, so 160 hp I think?

Anyway, the advantage of having the armor skill is that you keep the extra health after death, whereas the food will wear off if you die.

Thanks, i guess i'll just try to avoid dying then...good luck me Xo

Poyunch

Lonely1 said:
Sounds like you guys had a bad hunt :eek:
Nope I'm just stupid. First hunt I forgot all my healing items and the second hunt I killed myself with a barrel bomb (while it was trapped). I died twice in that mission, losing it for everyone. <_>

markatisu

Does anyone want to help me farm Qurupeco? I would really like to get that armor set done

If so I can jump onto the GAF server and start a city in about 1hr or so

PounchEnvy said:
Nope I'm just stupid. First hunt I forgot all my healing items and the second hunt I killed myself with a barrel bomb (while it was trapped). I died twice in that mission, losing it for everyone. <_>

Don't worry about it man, simple mistake. Still had fun, we beat it even when you forgot your pots.

schlew

Alright guys, take it easy on me, because this question is likely to knock you on your ass.

I got far enough that I can accept my first Guild Quest (the 5 Mushrooms one), and this green box appears above my characters head. The icon looks like an open green book. I can't leave the village, so I'm kind of stuck.

I'm sure I'm just an idiot.

Thanks in advance.

davimon

schlew said:
Alright guys, take it easy on me, because this question is likely to knock you on your ass.

I got far enough that I can accept my first Guild Quest (the 5 Mushrooms one), and this green box appears above my characters head. The icon looks like an open green book. I can't leave the village, so I'm kind of stuck.

I'm sure I'm just an idiot.

Thanks in advance.

You gotta use the docks to go out on Guild missions. Just keep going towards the left side of the screen and you should get there.

EmCeeGramr said:
goddamn diablos

1. Get some high grade earplugs

2. Spin the analog stick to get out of stun quicker

Remfin

What the hell good is the HR limit setting anyway? It never seems to do anything.

I love Gaffers, but I made an HR limit low/HR18+/Skilled only room and it filled up with people wanting to do their 1* and 2* urgents :lol

Anyone know if I can do Jhen Mohren solo or something? I have a feeling it's gonna be hard to find help with him.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Bring a shock trap and two thunderbugs and two shock traps to make 2 more. Lay all three down at the start and cut that motherfucking tail off. Once thats out of the way, things get easier.

Bring a pitfall trap but only use it when its not in rage mode so it lasts longer to get the horns. After that, do circles around him until he does an attack that isnt a charge, hit feet twice, roll right out of his charge range which is easy to do.

I did this and still ran out of time.

Shock Traps only held him for about 5 seconds (he wasn't in rage mode) and I could only hit his tail once or twice before he broke free. I managed to take his tail off faster, granted, but I still can't do any REAL damage to the thing. I never saw it limp or show any signs of weakness. He just rages and rages constantly and goes underground and it's impossible to get any hits on him, even with traps. Hell, with a pitfall trap and sonic bombs, his head moves around so much that I can't hit that with my axe, and even at max sharpness it usually bounces off his back. :\

Owzers

Cavs/celtics is starting to be a blowout and i realllllly want to try killing Diablos so i can upgrade my shocky sword/shield.....must find diablos room!.

Tenbatsu

MickeyKnox said:
Hit HR 25 and "finished" the village part, problem is farming the offline elder dragon/leviathan to make his armor seems like it's going to be a waste of time since in 5 HRs it's going to be weaker than like Drome sets.
It won't be a waste as they are upgradable to be the same as G level armor, only with different skills point distribution/slots/skills.

Vizion28 said:
I'm I the only one here truly impressed with the graphics? I seriously never thought the Wii was capable of the things that goes on in the game. I was sort of in awe fighting the Lagarcius (sp?). The animations were so life like and I thought what a spectacular beauty.
Yeah, this game is truly beautiful. Top notch art direction. Plus the NA ver is so sharp as compared to the JP one due to the black borders which makes it even better looking.

Remfin said:
What the hell good is the HR limit setting anyway? It never seems to do anything.

I love Gaffers, but I made an HR limit low/HR18+/Skilled only room and it filled up with people wanting to do their 1* and 2* urgents :lol

Anyone know if I can do Jhen Mohren solo or something? I have a feeling it's gonna be hard to find help with him.

I wouldn't recommend doing it solo, thing has like the second highest amount of life in the game or something. It won't be easy by any means I assume.

Teknoman

Remfin said:

You sure they were from GAF? Still alot of people that frequency Wisdom 1, so you usually have to ask. Not that I hunt with GAF only, but its good to know.

My copy finally showed up!!!! :D

Can't wait to get home and play, I'm mostly a first time MH'er, I found the demo very difficult but figured the proper game wouldn't just throw me in not knowing how to play or what was going on. :lol

Are there any recomended classes for a 'new player'?

d0c_zaius

Yea at first I was all about helping people up to speed, and 90 hours later I can go without HR 1 and 2 stuff (but Ill still help most of the time).

We had someone (maybe from GAF) with a HR10 join a room of 3 18s, hanging around when it was obvious what we were doing. We do our quest, then they post their Peco quest. People start leaving and I feel bad for the guy, so I accept the quest. Then I see the text "hurry up FFS", to which I replied by leaving the room.

Top Bottom