• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
RuneFactoryFanboy said:
I hit my first slump yesterday and didn't feel like playing MH at all :(. After beating offline mode there is nothing to do, I really don't like how they tied high rank to online only.

All my freinds aren't into this game as much as I am and trying to pull together a group to go through online mode took a few hours yesterday. It's very frustrating. I'm really considering joining up with you guys instead of my freinds.wait..... what?

I upgraded my Ceadeus mail with my adv armor spheres and it said level 5 was the max. It's possible to go beyond that making the standard sets as def potent as the G sets? If I understand correctly that sounds awesome!

Just pug groups. Currently my favorite players to play with on a daily basis were the puggers I've met along the way.

markatisu

Kard8p3 said:
Hahah, yeah, that was pretty epic!

That is, if you were in the same room as me, I think you were at least, :lol

I think so, I added you I think to my friend roster. Those water battles are a bitch

Baker

Banned
selig said:
I wonder if the few girls you meet online are really girls? :(

:p
As a player of a girl monster hunter, I'm going to say nope.

The eight letter limit for character names pissed me off so I switched to female.

grendelrt

Quick question, I made a Ananta Boneblade Longsword last night and was wondering how the stats work.

Attack: 363
Attrib: 150 Paralyze
Affinity: 0%

So that 150 paralyze does that do 150 damage every time, 513 total every hit? If it was fire I would assume so, but paralyze almost seems like it has a chance to paralyze and not a constant affect. Also what does affinity do?

Of the attributes which is the most useful, I know each boss is going to have a weakness, but is there some attributes that seem to affect a wide range of bosses? Thanks!

Leezard

selig said:
Btw. ist Euro-MH3-Gaf dead? Or did I get something wrong? Was on wisdom 40, nobody there.
I'm mostly playing offline. I've been on wisdom 40 when some people have been there, but then it was a single full city. :/
I'll be going online more often once I get me some better armor. I still only have the Hunter set. :lol
I could come online and quest with you right now if you want. I only got HR 2 though.

forrest

formerly nacire
So I have Barroth armor. Enough mats to make various pieces from higher level armor sets and a ravager blade. When I jump online will I be restricted to the first star content? Or will I be able to play with higher ranked folks in the upper content?

grendelrt said:
So that 150 paralyze does that do 150 damage every time, 513 total every hit?
No, PAR does not deal any damage at all. It's lowering the paralyze bar of the monster, though, and that will eventually lead to the monster...well...being paralyzed (duh).
So you're basically only doing 363 damage.

Also what does affinity do?
It's affecting your critical hit chance.

nacire said:
So I have Barroth armor. Enough mats to make various pieces from higher level armor sets and a ravager blade. When I jump online will I be restricted to the first star content? Or will I be able to play with higher ranked folks in the upper content?
No, you need to start with one star quests just like you do in singleplayer.

Baker said:

The eight letter limit for character names pissed me off so I switched to female.
I prefer the female character armor sets. My thought, though, was that no one would think that Lance sounded like a girl's name.

Apparently I thought wrong. :lol

Luigiv

grendelrt said:
Quick question, I made a Ananta Boneblade Longsword last night and was wondering how the stats work.

Attack: 363
Attrib: 150 Paralyze
Affinity: 0%

So that 150 paralyze does that do 150 damage every time, 513 total every hit? If it was fire I would assume so, but paralyze almost seems like it has a chance to paralyze and not a constant affect. Also what does affinity do?

Of the attributes which is the most useful, I know each boss is going to have a weakness, but is there some attributes that seem to affect a wide range of bosses? Thanks!
Damage Formula.

Read it, it'll explain things much better then I could myself.

selig

Banned
Baker said:

Meh, it should be forbidden for guys to choose female characters. Destroys all my fantasies. :lol

I´ll be playing some more later, maybe Euro-Gaf isnt dead then.

Btw. I´m really bad at fighting against Rathian. In the three online-missions I played, I died at least 2 times, thus being at fault for failing the quest. From what I saw, Rathian doesnt have that much health...but its attacks are crucial.

JRPereira

Sorry about dropping out earlier - got a connection error and then I couldn't rejoin the group. Ended up just completing a bunch of offline stuff - need to kill a diablos and barioth there and I think that'll open up the endboss.

Im Eu but recently been doing offline stuff as I wanted to get to the volcano. Stll need two bloody lagi horns for the helm tho :( alos my internet has been shite so I can only play at like 11pm onwards.

Owzers

Lance Bone Path said:
I prefer the female character armor sets. My thought, though, was that no one would think that Lance sounded like a girl's name.

I thought you would use a Lance weapon! ( i played with you a bunch last night, char name Alice, coincidently also not a girl)

Tenbatsu

Lance Bone Path said:

You guys know that Gobul's female armors are Chun Li and Lei Lei right?

Baker

Banned
Lance Bone Path said:

Haha. I've played with you a lot and I didn't even know you had a girl until you changed armor sets last night.

Kyoufu

Females usually have the better looking armor sets in MonHun (I think Capcom is biased) so you guys made the right choice.

selig said:
Btw. ist Euro-MH3-Gaf dead? Or did I get something wrong? Was on wisdom 40, nobody there.
Well, every time I visited the GAF server it was either completely full or completely empty. So I kinda gave up on it. :I

I had a MH-related dream last night, can't remember most of it, BUT, I came away from it with one grand idea.

How awesome would the single-player portion of the game be if it were a pseudo-persistent world... Animal Crossing style, you know? I'm just thinking seasonal monsters, various events, changing weather, special quests that only pop up when conditions are right... etc.

Leezard

slaughterking said:
Well, every time I visited the GAF server it was either completely full or completely empty. So I kinda gave up on it. :I
Ye, its either one of those. :/ I never saw a game it with 1-3 players (granted, I've only gone online thrice, but still :lol)

mclem

Well, in an attempt to get some life going on EU-GAF - and with a little self-interest - I could do with some help on Barroth for my 1* event quest. I've made a city, it's running downstairs, and I'll leave it open for a while with an intent of running the quest at 6pm (UK time, in fifteen minutes or so from this modification) if there's sufficient takers. Since it's an HR5+ quest, don't worry if you're too low, we'll find something else to do instead.

mclem said:
Well, in an attempt to get some life going on EU-GAF - and with a little self-interest - I could do with some help on Barroth for my 1* event quest. I've made a city, it's running downstairs, and I'll leave it open for a while with an intent of running the quest at 6pm if there's sufficient takers. Since it's an HR5+ quest, don't worry if you're too low, we'll find something else to do instead.
Sure, I'll help ya!

/edit/ You're not in the usual GAF spot, are you?

/edit2/ I think I've found you.

gotee12

Funky Functionality said:
How awesome would the single-player portion of the game be if it were a pseudo-persistent world... Animal Crossing style, you know? I'm just thinking seasonal monsters, various events, changing weather, special quests that only pop up when conditions are right... etc.
While your suggestions sound awesome, I already find it hard enough to devote as much time as I'd like to the game in it's current state! :lol

mclem

slaughterking said:
Sure, I'll help ya!

/edit/ You're not in the usual GAF spot, are you?

I thought I was in Wisdom1/Gate40. Now I'm less certain.

Edit: Greed4/Gate40. Must have misclicked on the server menu. Whoops. Moving to Wisdom now.

Reknoc

AAAAAAHHH BASTARD! Was doing the Jaggi Event Quest with a friend, 3 dead 1 getting it's ass kicked. Connection Error...

forrest

formerly nacire
Hopping online to start my 1* quests. Feel free to join in if interested. Unfortunately no keyboard or wiispeak for now.

JRPereira

Lance Bone Path said:

If anyone asks just tell 'em that people get excited about the proposition of a lance bone path.

Luigiv

Kyoufu said:
Females usually have the better looking armor sets in MonHun (I think Capcom is biased) so you guys made the right choice.
I dunno, I don't really like the female armours in Tri (Hence why I went male). Going Male in MHFU was a mistake, though :lol.

Owzers

Luigiv said:
I dunno, I don't really like the female armours in Tri (Hence why I went male). Going Male in MHFU was a mistake, though :lol.

I took a look at the Rheno armor set and knew that making a female char was the right way to go.

Somebody please get Capcom on the phone.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Me and my bro might get this but it sounds like the local co op has very little content. Can you guys explain how we might both get some kind of enjoyment from this game on the same machine?

Can we have seperate save files and bring them together in the co-op mode?

Apparently the game forces you to go online so we'd have to share the adventure with other people rather than each other. That's a bit sad.

Playing the same character and taking turns might be the better option, how well do you think that'd work?

markatisu

kaizoku said:
Me and my bro might get this but it sounds like the local co op has very little content. Can you guys explain how we might both get some kind of enjoyment from this game on the same machine?

Can we have seperate save files and bring them together in the co-op mode?

Yes you can have separate saves and bring each one in (you can also save your character to the wiimote and import it)

Arena is not as fun as the online quests but you can import the winnings into your regular game so it has some benefits. It also allows you to learn the monsters patterns in a confined place, its not as tedious to fight the monsters as in the quests.

Playing the same character and taking turns might be the better option, how well do you think that'd work?

That might be the best option if you are in the same place, not sure why they could not do 2 player on the same machine online (especially since most people use the CC)

I might be going online later today, I am HR8 or HR9 and have some 1 star quests to finish but I am certainly up for going with anybody on bigger quests

selig

Banned
I had a MH-related dream last night, can't remember most of it, BUT, I came away from it with one grand idea.

Whenever I enter the online-hub, I get teary, because of how awesome a MH-game with a Zelda-like overworld would be. Or even better, make it real MMO-style. Leave the "RPG" away, just your typical MH, without small areas, but one big, continuous world, and several big cities where hunters from all over the world can meet. With epic battles, where not 3, but like 9 other hunters fight together with you. And after the fight, you return to the city, where other teams are hanging around, and you and your group start talking about the great hunt and drink beer.

Ah, hell, im going online now. wisdom 1, room 40, eH?

mclem

And back from our Barroth hunting session, in which we managed to complete the Urgent Quest for a total stranger. Unless Paco's one of you guys.

Whoops.

We're reconvening at 11pm UK time - that's just under four hours from now - if any other EU folk are interested in joining.

EDIT: Also, Barroth? HATEHATEHATE.

Wired

mclem said:
And back from our Barroth hunting session, in which we managed to complete the Urgent Quest for a total stranger. Unless Paco's one of you guys.

Whoops.

We're reconvening at 11pm UK time - that's just under four hours from now - if any other EU folk are interested in joining.

:lol Tell me about it, I had totally forgotten that it wouldn't count unless you initiate the quest yourself. Kind of dissapointing when I checked my quest staus :(

mclem

Wired: Are you able to log on a short while beforehand and prep a room? It's just crossed my mind that I won't be able to do that in advance due to WoW responsibilities.

Reknoc

mclem said:

Whoops.

EDIT: Also, Barroth? HATEHATEHATE.

I'll be on if you don't mind my being HR4.

Top Bottom