• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Delio

Finally after like 20 Rustshards i get a Rusted Hammer. Only problem is i havent had any luck defeating Barioth and i need his Frost Sac >.<

evangd007

Kad5 said:
I managed to weaken it but it killed me on my third chance. It's fast and thus manages to evade my attacks and it is heavily armored.

If you don't have a green sharpness weapon try to get one. Green sharpness will cut through all of Barroth's armor but his head. And see if you can get a water element weapon. Water knocks off the mud armor real fast.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Tenbatsu said:
Barioth is easier with
Sword and Shield.

Do you have a recommendation, I'm working on the gobul S&H but man, the Jhen moran one also really nice, all that green.

Tenbatsu

sprsk said:
Do you have a recommendation, I'm working on the gobul S&H but man, the Jhen moran one also really nice, all that green.
Gobul S&S is a support weapon, one of my favorite thou along with that baggi one. You want an all rounder or just focus on a particular monster?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Tenbatsu said:
Gobul S&S is a support weapon. You want an all rounder or just focus on a particular monster?

I prefer support weapons (and I just love paralyzing shit) But S&H is going to be my secondary weapon so I guess I need both.

Hiltz

I wish I knew about the online shops earlier! Got a bunch of thunderbugs, demon drugs, and dragon toadstools. Just wish I could find a damn jumbo pearl. Did the redstone lvl 1 quest a couple of times but still no luck.

Forged Rathian legging armor.

Question: When you fight monsters online in the arena, do they have more health than in the single player ? I tried taking on a Quropeco and smashed its beak with the hammer but it seemed to take longer than usual to kill it. I don't know if it was due to choosing the hammer (I'm not used to it), but the arena Quropeco seemed to be more aggressive.

Poyunch

Hiltz said:
I wish I knew about the online shops earlier! Got a bunch of thunderbugs, demon drugs, and dragon toadstools. Just wish I could find a damn jumbo pearl. Did the redstone lvl 1 quest a couple of times but still no luck.

Forged Rathian legging armor.

Question: When you fight monsters online in the arena, do they have more health than in the single player ? I tried taking on a Quropeco and smashed its beak with the hammer but it seemed to take longer than usual to kill it.

I don't know if it was due to choosing the hammer, but the arena Quropeco seemed tougher than usual.
The online monsters have increased stats due to the fact that quests are meant to be played with multiple players.

Tenbatsu

sprsk said:
I prefer support weapons (and I just love paralyzing shit) But S&H is going to be my secondary weapon so I guess I need both.
&#23791;&#23665;&#23567;&#22826;&#20992; (good shit) or &#38360;&#22763;&#12398;&#21091; (all rounder) or &#12479;&#12473;&#12463;&#12462;&#12450; (easy to make) or &#12450;&#12452;&#12471;&#12463;&#12523;&#12473;&#12497;&#12452;&#12463; (good for critical).

Hiltz

PounchEnvy said:
The online monsters have increased stats due to the fact that quests are meant to be played with multiple players.

Then that explains it. :D

I've only been online two times so far. Just feel compelled to finish the single player mode first.

Looking for some help online. Anyone want to do baggi, gobul and other random quests?

im in wisdom 1, gate 39, city 1.

ill help with whatever. HR41 ^_^

Poyunch

ShikaTheReaper said:
Looking for some help online. Anyone want to do baggi, gobul and other random quests?

If you help Lonely you could get some help for those quests... Maybe. :p

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
ShikaTheReaper said:

Help with 2 starts urgent? :p (Wis1, Gate 40, City 9)

Remfin

Hiltz said:
Just wish I could find a damn jumbo pearl. Did the redstone lvl 1 quest a couple of times but still no luck.
The Ludroth Event Quest (2 in a water arena) gives that as the reward. I'm told it's 100% chance.

I'm booting up now d0c_zaius, will see if there's still room.

EDIT: n/m I can't join you created the room with low rank restriction :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

i need to capture a Rathian before I go to sleep. Let it be said that hunting with 3 players is considerably more difficult than 4. anybody available?

Great games Kyoufu and Mark, sorry for knocking you into the air so many times
except for that time you were dizzy and the Qurepeco was charging his flint.

Poyunch

Lonely1 said:
Help with 2 starts urgent? :p (Wis1, Gate 40, City 9)
Haha that first Urgent Quest was so bad. Luckily the second time was better. I thought you couldn't do an urgent mission until after you qualified for the next level of the unlockable quests. I guess I was wrong.

sillymonkey321 said:
You guys should be doing quests when it's not midnight est. Xo
I shouldn't have even been playing. I've got a major exam tomorrow. I just don't like solo-ing Lagi that much. :lol

JRPereira

Man, that Diablos totally kicked our asses. That was the first time I've seen a MH3 diablos - they really pumped him up to 11 - ridiculously fast now and lots of juggle attacks. Truly something to fear for once, rather than being being slow and easy to work with like he was in the PSP ones.

Yeah Diablos was pretty tough. People kept dying, I stayed alive the first time, but then died the second time around. Then I just got sick of it and took a break. The game can be draining at times, but when you're in the groove and kickin' ass, it's fun as hell.

markatisu

Great hunts with Deacon and crew, FiNALY got past HR8!!!

Hawkian said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

i need to capture a Rathian before I go to sleep. Let it be said that hunting with 3 players is considerably more difficult than 4. anybody available?

You still looking?

Tenbatsu

Hiltz said:
Question: When you fight monsters online in the arena, do they have more health than in the single player ? I tried taking on a Quropeco and smashed its beak with the hammer but it seemed to take longer than usual to kill it. I don't know if it was due to choosing the hammer (I'm not used to it), but the arena Quropeco seemed to be more aggressive.
Its due to the weaker preset weapons, they usually give you crap weapons for arena quests.
The way you approach the quest with the items/skill set/weapons at your disposal in arena mode will determine your timing for the battle. You can obtain a S rank for every preset armor there be it single or duo.

Kard8p3

Just spent the last few hours playing with Boney, a lurker, and my friend from Gamefaqs. All of the hunts were amazing...minus my first ever Diablos hunt...>_>.

Boney

Banned
HAHAHAHA Yeah that Diablos kicked your ass BAD!
because I took your Cool Drinks
This game is awesome. Had a great time guys.

Hiltz

I'm exhausted and sleepy right now.

Took on a Rathian with the long sword but this time it took forever to kill it.

I sliced its tail off and bashed its head and used a shock trap as well as a pit fall trap. In addition, I also used 1 demon drug and 5 might seeds and a large barrel bomb as well as 2 small timed bombs. I didn't die until 25 minutes into the battle.

A big part of the problem was that it knocked me off area 8's cliff sending back to area 10. I had to run all the way back to area 8 while the Rathian went to sleep to recover. Then it eventually killed me and had to go back to area 8. Of course, after it woke up from another sleep it immediately flew off so I had to chase down to area 5 by falling off the cliff. After a brief battle in area 5, it flew to area 7, but I forgot to bring my barbeque spit so I got real low on stamina (already used up 2 well done steaks). To make matters worse, the paintball effect wore off and ran out of paint balls so I had to wonder around to area 3 and 4 and then to area 7. Finally killed it back in area 8 after it was sleeping again.

Other than that, I took down another Rathian, a Great Jaggi and a Gigginox. Also forged Gigginox hand armor.

Kyoufu

DeaconKnowledge said:
Great games Kyoufu and Mark, sorry for knocking you into the air so many times
except for that time you were dizzy and the Qurepeco was charging his flint.

I don't really mind, it did save my ass a few times so no worries :lol

You should try and master the charge > stab > charge combo though. The 2nd charge in that string is actually stronger than the first (it has an under-swing animation).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Saya said:
Yes! A Rathian Plate finally dropped after 15+ runs. Now I just need some Wyvern Claws.

I need one of those!

By 10 or so tonight I'm going to be doing a ton of Ian runs. Who's with me? (10 EST, NA)

markatisu

What is the best thing to do in order to get Peco beaks? I need 1 beak, I have 2 but I cannot remember what Quest I used to get them (It was not a Qurupeco hunt)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Beat the Great Baggi in single player; what a push over. :lol

Gobul gave me issues for one round, but overall, he was pretty easy. I almost have the full set of Barroth armor, and I'm wielding the Vodyanoy HammerFang more often than not. Although I have a bunch of upgraded Swords, Great Swords, and other hammers. I want to collect them all! :lol

Online I'm slowly progressing. I'm still on single star quest, but I've cleared nearly all of them.

Stayed up till about 3 last night playing :D haven't played with any gaffers yet but have had many nice people join the party. Tried the jhen quest first and we failed because someone kept dying =( he should have stayed inside the boat. We then finished the quest with someone else and at the end everyone jumped off the ship and we were all climbing back :lol It was hilarious because I've never seen/done that.

Now I'm HR 10 and from now on I'd like to play with gaffers <.<

Anyway, I take back what I said about Gigginox!! RAAAGE! I went at him with 10 max potions and then 10 potions and thought I'd bring a few extra antidotes... I end up using all potions and antidotes and the creep just wouldn't die. Every hit I gave him started to turn him into rage mode... ANNOYING. Hit -> ROOOAR -> run -> normal mode -> hit -> ROAAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom