• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Haunted said:
Barioth is never easy for me alone, even with a good fire weapon. I'm just not getting those hits in. He's much much easier online imo, since you get a lot more attack opportunities when he goes after other players.

I'm dropping him in under 10 minutes regularly now.

Spiral lance.

Stay in close.

Learn how he moves.

It's cake now. Infact, i'm killing him too quickly. I don't get a chance to chop off his tail.

For me, the key with that bastard is to stay as close to him as possible.

dsister44 said:
hey EU gaffers, just saying i'll be one by 9, will you guys?
Hey koz! Saw u online, tried to join, but got connection errors! Got a ton of shit to do, wont b online till sunday (traveling all day tomorrow). Catch u on sunday!

Haunted

Boney said:
Couldn't get my Gem.... When is Jhen gonna come back?
Never. That was your last chance ever getting it, sorry.
If it follows the JP schedule, roughly 3 weeks?

bigdaddygamebot said:
I'm dropping him in under 10 minutes regularly now.

Spiral lance.

Stay in close.

Learn how he moves.

It's cake now. Infact, i'm killing him too quickly. I don't get a chance to chop off his tail.

For me, the key with that bastard is to stay as close to him as possible.
Lance, eh? It's actually my secondary weapon usually reserved for shit to fight enemies like Barroth and Diablos. Now that you mention it I'm honestly not sure why I didn't try that earlier.:lol

edit: it's probably because I don't really want/need Barioth mats. Next to Diablos my least-killed monster.

Haunted said:
Never. That was your last chance ever getting it, sorry.
If it follows the JP schedule, roughly 3 weeks?

Lance, eh? It's actually my secondary weapon usually reserved for shit to fight enemies like Barroth and Diablos. Now that you mention it I'm honestly not sure why I didn't try that earlier.:lol

edit: it's probably because I don't really want/need Barioth mats. Next to Diablos my least-killed monster.

And it really only works in single player. Multiplayer, the beatie's actions are too erratic and other players take up too much real estate around him for you to be ultra effective "inside".

mclem

Right. I'm gonna cook me some dinner, then I expect to be around at about 11pm UK time (35 minutes from now). I might create a city early so people can stick their heads in.

Mardak

Just noticed something when doing single player rathios for my first time.

Stop-Drop-n-Roll as you learned in elementary school works great for putting out fires ;) Seems like you need to roll 3 times to put it out. Or roll into water.

Mardak said:
Just noticed something when doing single player rathios for my first time.

Stop-Drop-n-Roll as you learned in elementary school works great for putting out fires ;) Seems like you need to roll 3 times to put it out. Or roll into water.

Yeah...it SEEMS (only seems mind you) that the game actually recognizes when you roll in water.

It takes four rolls, in my experience.

And rolling into water works. Oddly, if you're set on fire and fall into shallow water then it doesn't extinguish it. You have to get back up, then roll or dive right back into it.

Oxx

I'm pretty sure I heard a hissing sound-effect when I made it into some water while aflame. Nice touch.

I'm still looking for Wii-Speak volunteers to join me tonight around 7:00 CST (NA). If you can play in a place without background noise, please join me on the gaf server. Look for Khory.

We'll be testing Wii-speak under ideal conditions. No background noise, game volume turned down, TV volume normal or turned up.

Mardak

Man. What a wasted Ancient Potion. Just beat Uragaan for my first time after dying 3 times and running out of Cold Potions. I was at ~1/4 life after pulling off two sets of longsword spirit combos. Uragaan burrows and goes up in area 6 to do his rolling attack while I'm slowly losing life from the heat. I drink an Ancient Potion and run up to him and slash once -- Main Quest completed!

Niblet

Mardak said:
Man. What a wasted Ancient Potion. Just beat Uragaan for my first time after dying 3 times and running out of Cold Potions. I was at ~1/4 life after pulling off two sets of longsword spirit combos. Uragaan burrows and goes up in area 6 to do his rolling attack while I'm slowly losing life from the heat. I drink an Ancient Potion and run up to him and slash once -- Main Quest completed!
I wouldn't look at it as a wasted potion. You made the decision that guaranteed the highest chance of success.

botticus

Uh.... yeah, I don't know what is expected of me with Gobul. I'm just gonna take my fishing subquest rewards and pretend that the game ends at 3* offline. :lol

He's like a poor man's Ludroth with a lot of armor on land, but in the water, he seems to kick my ass just by moving, let alone attacking.

Niblet

Dragona Akehi said:
Finally got my Great Jaggi set. Got the King's Frill on my first capture.

I'm so far behind. D:

The GAF MH3 community is really nice. If you jump online and let people know what you need you'll be greeted with a lot of help.

Anyone up for 3* quest in a little while?

Edit: Hawkian - Rathian only right? No Rathalos? I want to run Los >:)

Niblet said:
The GAF MH3 community is really nice. If you jump online and let people know what you need you'll be greeted with a lot of help.

Im about to make a room for 3 star quests in the normal spot. Everyone is of course welcome to come.

Niblet

kafka rock opera said:
Im about to make a room for 3 star quests in the normal spot. Everyone is of course welcome to come.
Hopefully I can finish this Barioth quickly . . . . hahaha right

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Niblet said:

I've never tried Los and honestly have no clue if I would even stand a chance yet! :p

I'm currently stuck on HR 17 and it wont let me level up. I was told to do the urgent quest but that hasn't popped up so I'm trying to do some of the 2* quests as I have only finished about 3.
If anyone wants to help in doing in doing some of the boring gather quests and egg delivery quests and Gobul, I'll be in a gaf server somewhere, name is JAY, any help is appreciated.

Niblet

Hawkian said:
I've never tried Los and honestly have no clue if I would even stand a chance yet! :p

He's just an angrier, stronger Rathian who loves to hover all over the place. For me that is the aspect which peeves me.

Side-note: Barioth captured and what a nasty one he was . . . Now I need to farm him to make his damn Lance. ARGH!

Mardak

Does Qurupeco normally break its flints and beaks when it dies during the free-hunt from the village in single player? I know for sure his beak wasn't broken before my final attack. The longsword spirit combo keeps impressing me. Not only did it finish off peco and break its beak and two flints, it killed a small jaggi and bnahabra in the slash too. :D

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking for a good wireless KB. tHe Di Novo mini is expensive, but also looks very good for PC and Ps3 control. Does anyone has experience of using one with the Wii?

d0c_zaius

Gamer @ Heart said:
Fucking Rathalos/ian rubies and plates continue to evade me. I seriously have the worst luck ever.

This is normal. I think i got one the entire time I played MHFu2nd

anyone down for g rank nub quests?

edit: guess Ill play lost planet 2 until more people get online/free. If you wanna play pm me!

markatisu

Anybody want to help me finish off my Peco armor, I need 1 Beak

I can hope online if someone wants to help out. Also if anyone is HR1-8 and needs help to get higher let me know I can do that too

butzopower

proud of his butz
Boney, I thought I added you to my friend roster, but I guess I didn't. I'm PUSBALLS. Currently on Wisdom 1 / 40 doing 2*, we have room for 2 more.

d0c_zaius said:
This is normal. I think i got one the entire time I played MHFu2nd

anyone down for g rank nub quests?

I know. It took at least 25 silver los for me to get my first in Unite. Of course after i build what i need, they drop like flies.

sigh

Alex

I'm kind of digging Long Sword in this one, I could never really get into it before but I like the tweaks and I feel like I have more control. Also fills the gap since I'm very rarely using guns like I usually do. :( Lance and Long Sword for me, lately!

When they put Gun Lance back in for Freedom 3, I'm gonna try that out since it's apparently being tweaked.

The full Jhen fight is really fun, I cannot stress what a crazily better event battle that is compared to Lao and Gaoren. Did three for Urgents and always seemed to land the kill at about 5-6 mins remaining. I feel silly for trying to get the tusks broken so much during the repel event when it's so mindlessly easy during the full fight. :lol He speeds along faster though, so had to break his leg scales with anti-dragon weapons when I went to bomb his mouth.

We had a good group last night, usually when I go with randoms it's been really bad, rude people, unprepared, always seems to take offensive at very politely given advice but last night we got two other veterans and we pretty much just wrecked everything in sight for a good three hours.

Now to work out what armor sets I will do in upper!

L00P

Oh wow looks like I need to jump online to upgrade my weapon. Damn you Wyvern Stones!!!

I guess I'll check out the GAF server later.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Dragona Akehi said:
Finally got my Great Jaggi set. Got the King's Frill on my first capture.

I'm so far behind. D:

Welcome to my world. I don't even have time to get online until the weekend :(

L00P

Oh my god I finally figured out how to read those skills info. Why did it have to be mapped to the goddamned pointer? Well, at least I know what the 'gluttony' or 'whim' skills does now.

I'm like 50 or so hours into the game and I'm still figuring this shit out:lol

Top Bottom