• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Still not shipped! WTF!!

Am sure they must be backed up to hell if yesterday things didnt get shipped out. So give em a little more time. Since in their defense yesterdays storm was pretty fucked up. I mean cars were not even going around in my town during the worst of it. Other parts in Japan flooded etc. Flights were most likely grounded too.

panda21

mine hasn't even shipped yet and I don't think i can cancel the ebay purchase easily :(

i was wondering about that tornado though, dude is based near Osaka so I guess that could be why?

going to double dip on the eshop and keep the physical one as a backup incase my 3ds ever dies :S

Parakeetman

mine hasn't even shipped yet and I don't think i can cancel the ebay purchase easily :(

i was wondering about that tornado though, dude is based near Osaka so I guess that could be why?

going to double dip on the eshop and keep the physical one as a backup incase my 3ds ever dies :S

Like I said before I still have an unopened copy for sale if you are out of luck with your ebay seller. Also yeah Osaka was hit too with the typhoon.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...es-landfall-warnings-issued-in-western-japan/

"In Osaka, about 290,000 residents in the city’s harbor area were forced to flee early Monday. Although the evacuation order was lifted that afternoon, officials warned that the raging river currents were still dangerous."

Seller / Buyer disputes shouldnt be that hard as long as you go through the motions required by ebay, which is basically filling out the forms of said dispute. In this particular case "no communication + item not shipped yet". Which I am guessing you have already been charged for?

Am not sure how things with Ebay work now as have not used it in a long ass time, but had to do these on several occasions in the past and all have worked out well for the most part as long as evidence supports ones claims.

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

People couldn't go anywhere yesterday. This was in Osaka.
753911f01ece11e385a622000a1f9e5b_7.jpg

But people all over Japan seemed to be stuck too.

It's just the aftermath of the typhoon. Terrible timing for the shipping of this game.

chadi

Quick question: アルビノエキス can be farmed from Khezu's right? The elder is asking for it for some upgrade. Just wanted to confirm before I farm the thing. :p

Parakeetman

Quick question: アルビノエキス can be farmed from Khezu's right? The elder is asking for it for some upgrade. Just wanted to confirm before I farm the thing. :p

Yeah thats usually where it comes from.

panda21

Like I said before I still have an unopened copy for sale if you are out of luck with your ebay seller. Also yeah Osaka was hit too with the typhoon.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...es-landfall-warnings-issued-in-western-japan/

Seller / Buyer disputes shouldnt be that hard as long as you go through the motions required by ebay, which is basically filling out the forms of said dispute. In this particular case "no communication + item not shipped yet". Which I am guessing you have already been charged for?

Am not sure how things with Ebay work now as have not used it in a long ass time, but had to do these on several occasions in the past and all have worked out well for the most part as long as evidence supports ones claims.

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

thanks, I think I will stick with the ebay purchase now though since I should have a download code soon enough...

I have been in touch with the seller, first of all immediately after i purchased to correct my shipping address (to which they replied on Friday morning with 'please look forward to arrival'), then again today to ask if they have a tracking code and when it is expected to ship and they just replied saying i will get the tracking code in an email when it ships. I sort of want a physical copy just in case my 3ds dies and I don't mind waiting now

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
People couldn't go anywhere yesterday. This was in Osaka.
753911f01ece11e385a622000a1f9e5b_7.jpg

But people all over Japan seemed to be stuck too.

It's just the aftermath of the typhoon. Terrible timing for the shipping of this game.

Wait, is that the Shin Osaka shinkansen station? That's by my house :D

Parakeetman

thanks, I think I will stick with the ebay purchase now though since I should have a download code soon enough...

I have been in touch with the seller, first of all immediately after i purchased to correct my shipping address (to which they replied on Friday morning with 'please look forward to arrival'), then again today to ask if they have a tracking code and when it is expected to ship and they just replied saying i will get the tracking code in an email when it ships. I sort of want a physical copy just in case my 3ds dies and I don't mind waiting now

Ill go put this extra copy up in the buy & sell section later. Wanted to see if any one here was interested first :D

Actually wound up with 3 copies but one was for a friend. Other came with my white LE LL and this other one had totally forgot I had on order. D: I do that kinda often. Which is why I still have an unopened EO3 with LE CD and a first print of ZHP the JP version... among other things.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yup!! I live around there too!

Miyahara? I live across the street from the big Joshin/Conan a few blocks from the station.

Just about to do the emergency quest for HR1. Wanna build some ケチャ gear before I do, though. Or maybe after. I can't decide!

Miyahara? I live across the street from the big Joshin/Conan a few blocks from the station.

Just about to do the emergency quest for HR1. Wanna build some ケチャ gear before I do, though. Or maybe after. I can't decide!

Ohh!! I live closer to the JR side.

Just got up to HR2. I'll be adding you =D
Took me around 5 or 6 fights to get its armor..

JKTrix

They are a legit site. A lot slower than Play-Asia though in shipping the items out, took about two weeks to finally get my items when I ordered them (which, coincidentally, was a JP 3DS and Monster Hunter 3G when it came out).
Good to know. They contacted me last night while I was asleep to confirm some details, so I think they're ready to ship out. Huzzah!

Fistwell

I have so many questions!!! I'm having fun though.

It's helpful that they have the first "village" quests described in here, with keys and everything.

thetrin

Ohh!! I live closer to the JR side.

Just got up to HR2. I'll be adding you =D
Took me around 5 or 6 fights to get its armor..

Oh yeah, uh...where's my friend code? I'll check after this bug hunt!

Shit, I'm REALLY impressed by how your posture changes ever so slightly when you're running up or down hills. Really well done.

chadi

Yeah thats usually where it comes from.

Thanks! Didn't want to farm it for nothing. :p

Btw, has anyone completed the 5* village ore gathering quest? I've attempted to clear it twice already and can only get 4 out of 5 ores. I've scoured the entire map for mining nodes already (I think). Could it be bugged? Anyone else having a hard time with that particular quest?

My first failed mission... and it's a frickin gathering quest. :mad:

Tenbatsu

Am sure they must be backed up to hell if yesterday things didnt get shipped out. So give em a little more time. Since in their defense yesterdays storm was pretty fucked up. I mean cars were not even going around in my town during the worst of it. Other parts in Japan flooded etc. Flights were most likely grounded too.
Not much of a choice for me, what a bummer :(

Shurayuki

Now that more (physical) copies keep pouring in, remember to add your FC to the OP and/or post it so we can add you!

Oh yeah, uh...where's my friend code? I'll check after this bug hunt!

Shit, I'm REALLY impressed by how your posture changes ever so slightly when you're running up or down hills. Really well done.

I'm most impressed by how the monsters handle the height differences, I can only imagine that being a nightmare to program (both AI and getting it to look right). Also the dragons shooting their attacks down from a ledge looks really awesome.

Khezu's head met my insect sufficient times to get stun.

There are so many playstyles you can go for with the staff, it's very hard to find the best way. I guess it depends on the monster and party situation. In a party I go mainly for climb attacks, while SP is more meleeing away at the monster.

Wow, got 80 guild cards, half of which are my coworkers.
Only 2 or 3 cats though :(

Wow, so jealous. Guess I'll have to make do with your guild cards, gaf. I might feed you to a hungry Magara out of spite though ;p

Also with the deleted game disaster yesterday, maybe I should back up my 3DS card to pc, that backs up saves too, right?

There are so many playstyles you can go for with the staff, it's very hard to find the best way. I guess it depends on the monster and party situation. In a party I go mainly for climb attacks, while SP is more meleeing away at the monster.

I was just toying with Khezu, since my only fire weapon was the bug itself, I beat him just using R+X to hit, and R+A to reposition the bug, but in the second fight I got my poison staff and went to melee away. I love that poison.

Awesome but I don't see you in my MH4 friend list... It says you're playing it in my 3ds list though

I don't even know what's wrong. =(
It was the same for me, so I reseted the internet and even I was offline now it's back to how it was in the start. =(

No online for me? =(

Parakeetman

Huh weird... Thanks for trying to help me though

Id run online with you if you dont mind someone thats still running around in jagi armor lol

Still am messing with that free hunt stuff too much. But man my luck with finding the damaged equipment has been bad. D: Got a bunch of different pig clothes though as a pity prize though haha almost have a full geryos set too.

Anura

Id run online with you if you dont mind someone thats still running around in jagi armor lol

Still am messing with that free hunt stuff too much. But man my luck with finding the damaged equipment has been bad. D: Got a bunch of different pig clothes though as a pity prize though haha almost have a full geryos set too.

Jaggi armor is better than I got now! Do you want to make the room?

Parakeetman

Jaggi armor is better than I got now! Do you want to make the room?

Since I have no idea how to make a room yet might as well let you do it. Sorry for the late reply was starting laundry, before the morning sun fully comes up. Am back infront of the PC now with 3ds ready lol

In regards to 3DS data is it possible to make backup cards? As in transferring user data to PC then to another SD card? Always wondered about that but never tried it myself.

Top Bottom