• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Zenaku

For some reasons the "Select" button ("-" on the Wii U) doesn't kick anymore.

Second to last option on page 2 of the start menus options lets you switch select/start between opening the menu and kicking (setting to kick relegates the start menu to where the kick button is on the touch screen).

la_briola

Second to last option on page 2 of the start menus options lets you switch select/start between opening the menu and kicking (setting to kick relegates the start menu to where the kick button is on the touch screen).

Thanks!

btw: I have cleared all Lv 2 (star) quests. What now? No speech bubbles, no urgent. :eek:

Zenaku

Thanks!

btw: I have cleared all Lv 2 (star) quests. What now? No speech bubbles, no urgent. :eek:

Have you tried any expeditions on the world map? Dosranbos and Yian Kuck count as key quests for 2*, and are accessed from the world map if I remember right.

la_briola

Have you tried any expeditions on the world map? Dosranbos and Yian Kuck count as key quests for 2*, and are accessed from the world map if I remember right.

How do I get *there*? :lol

edit: Do you mean in the room where "the guild" is?
edit2: I think I know what you mean. Button right on the touchscreen and then the blue "monster" icon?

Fistwell

How do I get *there*? :lol
When in town (not inside the guild), press the globe icon/button at the bottom right of the touch panel (world map). Then, on the world map, press the blue medal with a monster face on it. Then press A.
Boom, you're gone on an expedition.

panda21

lol i just hit the exact same thing and couldn't figure out how to progress in 2*

going to take a break first though.

what is the two different upgrade options for the insect stick? the first one looks like a messy tin of paint or something and I cant figure out what it is, while the second seems more like the traditional upgrade thing

i guess there aren't any sites with the weapon upgrade paths on yet?

Shurayuki

Just finishedy urgent quest Daren Mohran... Solo! Off to high rank I goooooo

Gratz!
Now enjoy being hurt, a lot!

I was a bit shocked how easy he is compared to Jhen Mohran, with a group of 3 we killed him so fast he was still outside of the "arena", and only one point could be skinned...

Tried it for MH4 now, no results. The Nintendo Zone icon won't even flash, and there is no Nanako in the Felyne DL section.

Yeah the Japanese ones never worked, really problematic if you're not, like, in Japan...

Fistwell

Anybody up for some online hunts in a cple of hours? Getting dinner right now, then getting online. Fair warning: I'm HR1 with shit equipment.

I just killed Tetsukabura, he's the first to have killed me one time. Couldn't move because of my attack and I saw the boulder come straight for my head =(

It's been a few hunts I've used the Charge Axe, it's really growing on me. It's a bit slow in terms of combos but it's really powerful if you nail the bomb axe combo. Or maybe I just lack practice right now.
I soooooo want a Bracchydios Charge Axe, I have a feeling it must be a beast (unless they nerfed explosions like there's no tomorrow).

I'm taking a bit of a break but I'll most likely go online in 1-2 hours.

Mr. Fix

9SYOpUO.jpg

Nom. If/when we get MH4, I hope they don't leave this one out just because it's a JUMP quest.

Shurayuki

after I made a little progress in singleplayer I will join. (about an hour or so)

I might have missed it... but is there anything I can do against the goa magara virus? what happens if the purple bar is full?

You can use ウチケシ実 to get rid of about half of the bar.

Ok I'm actually reading up on it for the first time. It seems that once the virus breaks out, you will not get red life in your bar when you are hit (as in, you will not be able to regenerate damage without using something to heal). Oh and it also increases the damage you take from virus-attacks.
The virus will go away after a set amount of attacks, at which point you gain 会心率, that critical rate thing.

I need help.

Fill in the ??? please! :)

Here is a link to a wiki with all the skills and explanations (still in japanese of course, but you can use something like rikaichan) http://mh4g.com/weapon/d-skill.php
採取 is gathering´, negative 10 will decrease the number of times you can gather from gathering spots

la_briola

You can use ウチケシ実 to get rid of about half of the bar.

Ok I'm actually reading up on it for the first time. It seems that once the virus breaks out, you will not get red life in your bar when you are hit (as in, you will not be able to regenerate damage without using something to heal). Oh and it also increases the damage you take from virus-attacks.
The virus will go away after a set amount of attacks, at which point you gain 会心率, that critical rate thing.

Here is a link to a wiki with all the skills and explanations (still in japanese of course, but you can use something like rikaichan) http://mh4g.com/weapon/d-skill.php
採取 is gathering´, negative 10 will decrease the number of times you can gather from gathering spots
Thanks a lot! I search here: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHP3rd:_Armor_Skill_List
The old wiki for mhp3rd. The font on the 3ds is so hard to read (for kanji)... :<

Fistwell

got to kill some goa in expedition mode but I'd be ready to play afterwards..
(if the servers are online ofc)
Yeah, like zenaku said, they're back up. Playing with randoms right now, post in here whenever you get on, I'll bail on them like a weasel.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
OP updated,finally.

Off to make my Tetsukabura high rank armor set so I stop getting one-shotted :p

Zornica, I know what went wrong with your guildcard.

What you sent us isn't the guildcard but a friend invite.
You need to use the first button and not the third to send cards ^^;

Zornica

Banned
I guess that's why it said &#30331;&#37682;.

well it's 5 am, my eyes are tired, I think I can allow myself to hit the wrong button once in while :p

it was the... I don't even know what I hit. something

Anura

Just fought the shark monster; Zaboazagil...MY GOD.

(and this is coming from a MH veteran since the MHFU days!)

You're going to love Gao and the updated rajang. Rajang can now do a swift turn into his rampage fists and lasers not only that but his ground slam tracks you

oh and he throws huge rocks at you

Sarcasm

I am still debating on whether to borrow my wife cousin's JP 3ds which isn't his and have a chance to not be able to play it due to said friend wanting it back.

Or just buy a NA XL and some games I want to actually play besides MH and wait for a release.

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
You're going to love Gao and the updated rajang. Rajang can now do a swift turn into his rampage fists and lasers not only that but his ground slam tracks you

oh and he throws huge rocks at you

<3333 Rajang! Now I'm super excited to get up to that level. Just finished the Goa Urgent quest, and starting on 5 star village quests now. (I wanted to complete most of the village before I go online.)

Zornica

Banned
I am still debating on whether to borrow my wife cousin's JP 3ds which isn't his and have a chance to not be able to play it due to said friend wanting it back.

Or just buy a NA XL and some games I want to actually play besides MH and wait for a release.

why don't you just buy an japanese xl and get ALL the games. not just the few that get an american release? depending on your taste in games, the american model may not even be the best choice anymore. the only sure bet is the japanese model.
(or get a cheap 2ds)

Fistwell

Zornica, I know what went wrong with your guildcard.

What you sent us isn't the guildcard but a friend invite.
You need to use the first button and not the third to send cards ^^;
Oh so that other guy was you, ok! Fun hunts!

I guess that's why it said &#30331;&#37682;.

well it's 5 am, my eyes are tired, I think I can allow myself to hit the wrong button once in while :p

it was the... I don't even know what I hit. something
lol, absolutely. It was closing in on 5:00AM for me as well, and that's my excuse for playing progressively worse and worse... =D

Top Bottom